October 25, 2014 | 1804 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

I just got this brush last week. I already had the 217 and wanted something smaller to work with. This brush is awesome. For those of you with little lids, skip the 217 and just get one or two of these. I don't find it that helpful for the crease, but for the lid and for blending...AWESOME! It really is one of the best eyeshadow brushes I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Vanessa_poc

MAC brushes definitely deposit color a lot better than cheaper brushes I've had. I had yet to experience the power of MAC brushes and decided to cave and buy the seemingly most popular brush. I do love how evenly the color goes on, though it is not as flat as I thought it would be. But it still works great for lining under my lower lasehes , workin' the crease, all over color and more. I am pretty impressed. I'm just beginning to learn what all the hype is over MAC. They really have some quality products and have gained another follower.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jlau22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Brush! Actually got it in the mail only 2 days ago, and was so surprised it completely changed the way I apply my eyeshadow. I have tried numerous other eyeshadow brushes, but this is definitely a favorite over all the others i own. Its the perfect shape and size. The bristles are firm enough to pick up enough pigment, yet soft so that is doesn't tug, or hurt your eyelid. The 239 is my first MAC brush, admittedly pricey, but the quality is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Dome shape eyeshadow brush. PERFECT. If i can only use one e/s brush, this would be it. It's great to pat on the e/s and get close to the upper lash line as much as possible. It blends in the color beautifully and picks up the color very well. I love it and recommend it to everyone. $24.50. As another reviewer mentioned, the silver logo and lettering will come off. Mine faded after 2 washes and i barely touched the water. So i recommend you apply a clear nail polish on it before using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great eyeshadow brush...I use this for applyinh eyeshadow on the lids I'm amazed at it's ability to ..pack on color amazingly.It's firm, very soft.it's perfect. It's definately a must have !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

At $24.50, it's a bit pricey but if you take good care of it this basic eyeshadow brush essential will last forever and won't let you down! It's really dense so you can really pack on color very well with it. Definitely an essential brush for everyone, no matter how new or experienced they are!
***TIP***: I've heard a lot of people complain about the silver MAC lettering and number on the brush rubbing off after a while. To avoid this, I always put a coat of clear nail polish over the lettering as soon as I get the brush. This hasn't failed me yet and the silver lettering on all of my brushes still look brand new! :-]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by devotionwekeep

Excellent basic shadow brush, can be used to apply at hightlight area also, the size is perfect, I only got this 239 and 219, already enough for basic eye area!
beginner and make up addict MUST HAVE item!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by duke27511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! For a while I would just use my fingers or any drugstore brand brushes, however, after I bought this applying eyeshadow never became easier!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:13:00 AM More reviews by alleykat25

I have been through every type of brush out there - staying away from MAC because of it's price...
but I caved when I was in a MAC store (they are hard to get to where I live) and I will never ever ever in a million years look back
My make up applies better, I actually achieve looks that I see in my head and usually make a mess of... I love it
this and the 217 they are like 'peas and carrots'

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by zepgirl6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best eyeshadow brush...this is a must have really...packs on color amazingly...and is firm yet very soft..perfect..if you dont have it get it.