NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

on 8/9/2006 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

$22 for lipstick is insane however, I only make an exception for Nars. I have my 3 HG colors from Nars: red - Transeurope Express / nude - Napoli and now Dolce Vita which is a great YLBB berry shade. It's supersheer and easy to apply, almost like a tinted lip balm. I will definitely rebuy when I run out.

on 8/9/2006 8:08:00 AM

A go-to lipstick for everyday.The color is sort of a brown-rose-mauve in the tube, but on the lips it just looks like your natural color enhanced x 3. Really pretty without being completely obvious. And the texture is very creamy and it lasts longer than I expected. A little pricey, but worth it as you can wear it everyday with anything.

on 7/31/2006 3:43:00 PM

This is my go-to lipstick for job interviews. In the tube, it looks like a deep mauvy-pink. On my well-pigmented lips, it's MLBB--just adds a little depth and polish. I'm a PPP and think this would look best on lighter-complected women--it just might not show up on darker complexions. Slightly drying, but I use a balm underneath and the problem is solved. I'd repurchase, but I also think that this is not a particularly unique shade, and one could definitely find a match at a lower price.

on 7/25/2006 10:02:00 PM

I would never even look at this lipstick if it had not been all these reviews on here that made me wanna go check it out myself. This color is NOT what it seems (it looks like a extremely dark pink to me). On my lips they just looks natural and somewhat enhanced. I can see this as a lipstick I would wear to school everday. IT should looks good on mostly everyone because its like a nutral lip color. I am going to buy another one soon because I like it sooo much. (im not usually even a lipstick fan!)

on 7/25/2006 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a Christmas gift from my DH. Didn't realize that I haven't even write a review on this! I just love this color on my lips! It's a soft natural pink with a peachy undertones on my lips. I agree with the previous reviewer that nothing "special" about this lipstick (or, any other NARS lipsticks/lipglosses in general) BUT the color is just awesome! Some younger gals might find this boring & dull, but not for me (I'm in my 30s). This (and other NARS lipstick/lipgloss) doesn't have sparkle nor shimmer on them. Just a simple muted gorgeous color! ;o) The lipgloss just have enough "shine" without being too glossy nor sticky. Just LOVE LOVE LOVE NARS lips products!

on 6/24/2006 12:26:00 PM

This is my all-time favorite lipstick. I own two so I can always have it with me. It is a lovely neutral shade of pink that I would imaagine would look nice on just about anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Lovely color! I agree that this is a sheer, dusty rose. It's neutral (not too cool, not too warm.) I'm NW20/25 in summer & this adds a really pretty, healthy flush to lips. Very much a MLBB shade. I like it & would recommend it to those who want a pretty & non-fussy lipstick color.

on 5/20/2006 9:52:00 AM

This color is a beautiful sheer dusty rose, It's a good everyday shade for work or whatever but it's not quite the color I was hoping for, cause I am cool-toned. Is too expensive for a lippie

on 4/24/2006 4:11:00 PM

Dolce Vita is a sheer dusty rosy-pink neutral shade, deeper in the tube than on the lips; MLBB shade for me. Not a dramatic or spectacular color, but great for everyday. The formula feels nice on my lips - not hard, waxy, or drying. However, it is a bit expensive for an everyday color. Color-wise, I'm just as happy with English Ideas' Hint of Color for half the price. Not special enough to purchase again, since I have too many MLBB lippies in my stash already.

on 4/23/2006 3:51:00 PM

This is one of those products where I don't get the hype. It is a very average, ordinary color, so sheer that it takes several swipes across the lips to even show up. It has a very dry, waxy feeling and is very uncomfortable to wear unless used in conjunction with a good lip balm. And it's $23. Every fashion magazine champions this as THE lipstick, but I'm just not impressed.

Recommended for Medium Skin