NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the color, HATE the formulation -- way too drying for my lips, and it "pills up" into those nasty little wax beads around the perimeter of my mouth after an hour or two of wear. So what's a enterprising fashionista to do? Make a homemade tinted lip balm in the EXACT shade of Dolce Vita! My pocketbook is happy that I returned the NARs lippie to Sephora, while at the same time my lips are super-moisturized and they've got that incredible Y-L-B-B Dolce Vita color -- who could ask for more?! Will I buy this product again? No, but I'll definitely keep making my homemade version for years to come!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This lipstick is destined to become one of my HG lipsticks. It is a nice subtle healthy lip colour, quite neutral. I find that the texture is great too - moist and lasting. I will definitely buy this one again.

I gave this lipstick a try after hearing all the rave reviews. It is a nice sheer dusty rose/ berry color. Its quite natural looking and you can build on the color to make it darker. The texture is smooth, not drying. Nice packaging, quite pricey though.

I love this! It's a very muted, neutral pink. It literally gives me that just-bitten look. I mean it! When I bite my lips, they are exactly this color. My lips are pretty full, so I like to wear a natural shade to provide some polish without looking overdone. This is the perfect shade. It goes on smoothly but doesn't provide any moisture. Sometimes I wear a light balm underneath.

I alternate this with Clinique's Fresh Watermelon, but I think ths might be turning into my new HG.

Thank you for the wonderful reviews, you girls were right! I bought it and I love it.

I am C3/NC25/NC30, Asian, dark brown eyes, black hair and on me, this lipstick was a rosy reddish colour. Definetely a MLBB shade, makes me look healthy! I am so glad that it is sheer, or it would be completely different on me and would not flatter me at all! It's too overpowering otherwise, basically. BUT, Dolce Vita is a sheer, smooth lipstick that goes on evenly. I don't wear anything underneath and unlike the other reviews, I don't find this lipstick drying at all.

It's an expensive lipstick. So Philosophy is overpriced here, but the price of a NARS Lipstick = the $ of a big bottle of 3-in-1 by Philosophy. I would repurchase if it weren't so expensive, but when I run out, I will most likely.

Overall, great lipstick! According to the NARS website, it's universally flattering so I am sure it would work on most people. Bad side... it's expensive. For me, I paid $22.50 USD roughly or $180 HKD. Then again, it was worth it!
continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Way too pink for my LLL, nc25 skin. Yikes. In fact, I found that it didn't look like my lip at all...barbie pink was more like it. Pigalle is a much better match for me, if I'm looking for a YLBB look.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

$22 for lipstick is insane however, I only make an exception for Nars. I have my 3 HG colors from Nars: red - Transeurope Express / nude - Napoli and now Dolce Vita which is a great YLBB berry shade. It's supersheer and easy to apply, almost like a tinted lip balm. I will definitely rebuy when I run out.

A go-to lipstick for everyday.The color is sort of a brown-rose-mauve in the tube, but on the lips it just looks like your natural color enhanced x 3. Really pretty without being completely obvious. And the texture is very creamy and it lasts longer than I expected. A little pricey, but worth it as you can wear it everyday with anything.

This is my go-to lipstick for job interviews. In the tube, it looks like a deep mauvy-pink. On my well-pigmented lips, it's MLBB--just adds a little depth and polish. I'm a PPP and think this would look best on lighter-complected women--it just might not show up on darker complexions. Slightly drying, but I use a balm underneath and the problem is solved. I'd repurchase, but I also think that this is not a particularly unique shade, and one could definitely find a match at a lower price.

I would never even look at this lipstick if it had not been all these reviews on here that made me wanna go check it out myself. This color is NOT what it seems (it looks like a extremely dark pink to me). On my lips they just looks natural and somewhat enhanced. I can see this as a lipstick I would wear to school everday. IT should looks good on mostly everyone because its like a nutral lip color. I am going to buy another one soon because I like it sooo much. (im not usually even a lipstick fan!)

Recommended for Medium Skin