April 20, 2014 | 1956 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Dolce Vita is a sheer dusty rosy-pink neutral shade, deeper in the tube than on the lips; MLBB shade for me. Not a dramatic or spectacular color, but great for everyday. The formula feels nice on my lips - not hard, waxy, or drying. However, it is a bit expensive for an everyday color. Color-wise, I'm just as happy with English Ideas' Hint of Color for half the price. Not special enough to purchase again, since I have too many MLBB lippies in my stash already.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

This is one of those products where I don't get the hype. It is a very average, ordinary color, so sheer that it takes several swipes across the lips to even show up. It has a very dry, waxy feeling and is very uncomfortable to wear unless used in conjunction with a good lip balm. And it's $23. Every fashion magazine champions this as THE lipstick, but I'm just not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2006 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have light warm skin and applied lightly, this makes a nice MLBB shade. It's a rosy beige with more pink than beige so it doesn't wash me out, make me look dead or pissed off. It gives my lips an understated beautiful pinkish healthy look. The texture is smooth, and the lipstick applies evenly. I like to use some Clinique Super Balm (clear) on top for smooth shine and hydration. NARS lipsticks have no scent and I like them for that. I dislike most scented lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 10:08:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This color is so gorgeous! A neutral beigy pink but more pink than beige. Goes on very smooth and a bit sheer. This is for days I don't want alot of color but just enough. This is going on my HG lipstick list and I will def be buying this shade as long as it's available! :>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful Your-Lips-But-Better color! Gorgeous! Got this in my NARS Rapture Palette ..... *LOVE IT*!!!! I apply a small bit of Smiths Rosebud Salve over top for a really moist and glossy finish! Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 1:45:00 PM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

All I can say about this lipstick is whenever I wear it I get complements on my full lips -- I am a GGG/hazel eyed gal. I MEAN EVERY TIME!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

I love this lipstick! It lasts for hours on me and doesn't dry out my lips. It's a gorgeous rosey colour, which is MLBB. Gives a wonderful sheen of color to the lips. However, it is quite pricey and has a bit of that waxy crayony scent to it, so that is why I'm only giving it a 4. I would buy another again, if I got a GWP or something. On it's own, it's not as worth it. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2006 12:56:00 PM More reviews by devo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is pretty and I can see why it's popular, but it doesn't work on me. It brings out any redness in my skin. I prefer Bonne Bell's Dr Pepper for a sheer rose, it's tons cheaper. Nars lipsticks are drying too, but for a sheer l/s this has great staying power. I'm a NC20.
Cap falls off pretty easily while in my bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by tadpoleSYR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've read about how wonderful dolce vita is in at least a million women's magazines. it is lauded by everyone from makeup artists to celebrities to everyday women. is it just hype? no! dolce vita is a sheer dusty rose, but the reviewers' descriptions ranges from pink to red to a brownish red. on my semi-pigmented lips, it shows up as a sheer berry. it's so easy-to-wear and is an extremely flattering shade. i like to apply it using my fingers so i can control the depth of color, but when applied directly from the tube, the color can be deep and intense without looking too garish. i find it to be very complimentary to my nc40 skintone.

the only downside to this is that the lipstick can be very drying. i find it necessary to put on lip balm beforehand. it also has a slight crayon smell. a lot of people mistakenly believe it's because the lipstick has gone bad, but all of nars's lipsticks have a slight crayon-y stench in my experience. it's not so intolerable and the smell fades away after a while. also, there's no taste, which is always a great thing, and i can't forget to mention that it lasts quite awhile too.

it's not a perfect ylbb for me, but it's a gorgeous color regardless. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2006 1:30:00 PM More reviews by wjbk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No complaints about texture or staying power. It's the color that's bad. Not modern at all. Way too much pink for me. I definitely look my age in this one.