MAC Frost - Angel

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I usually have to use concealer and lip liner before applying this lipstick, so it can stand out of course, but I think it's definitely worth it. It's a very pretty subtle pink color that should compliment any skin tone.

on 7/15/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm NC25 and it doesn't show up on me at all. So I returned it.

on 7/15/2010 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When i tried it on in the store, it looked pretty good. When i got home i put it on and realized that it was much lighter than i thought. It doesn't look as good on my NC37 skin as it would on a lighter person. But when paired with ample pink plush glass it looks nice. I use it when i use darker eye makeup, its perfect because it doesn't completely mute your lips.

on 7/14/2010 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If youre around NC42 like me, I suggest you try Creme Cup. This shade does not go well with my Asian skintone.

on 7/8/2010 7:55:00 PM

I recently bought this product and I am very pleased. It is a very pretty pink without any shimmer, but it does have a nice shine. It doesn't dry my lips like some other frosts such as Thrills do. It is great for an everyday lipstick and I've found that it is almost universally attractive on people. This is great for those who tend to shy away from blue-pinks because of the intensity. This is a color you can just throw on at any occasion or time of the day and it will work great. I really reccomend this for those looking for a good, wearable pink lipstick.

P.S. A little side note: When I went in the store to get this and my presale from In the Groove I had to wait an hour for them to find my products and then as we were driving away, a couple minutes later we realized the lady hadn't even given us Angel! She gave us On Hold and we had to drive all the way back so I could finally get this lipstick, haha.

on 7/7/2010 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Edit: The reviewer that was below this review yesterday deleted her review...! But I'll still post my thoughts! (:

I received Angel in new condition from a swap, wanting to know what all the hype was about. Let me just say I'm glad I got it in a swap or else I would be super disappointed and even mad.

My lips are naturally a soft pink color but my skin is around (at most, all year round) an NC40, Asian (Korean, etc.). I think it's important to note that because this lipstick just does not look good on me. I've tried lining my lips beforehand (which I rarely do anyways), put a cute gloss on top of it but I truly feel that it makes my face look grossly washed out. Although I am an NC40 with yellow undertones, I am pale and this lipstick makes me look sickly pale.

Nevertheless it is a gorgous lip color and I wish I could pull it off! To this day I'm still searching for a pretty pink lippie that I could pull off with my skintone! Surprisingly, to me none of the MAC lipsticks (regardless of the finish/formula) have ever dried out my lips! Just put on a good moisturizing lip balm and primer prior to use!

I agree with the reviewer below me. I'm asian (korean for reference) and I thought this lippie looked too "plain" on me. On me, it's something that's very duplicable and not even worth buying for full retail price. I didn't like this nor creme cup although they are very popular products from MAC. I do think this will look gorgeous on a fair skinned blonde woman..

on 6/30/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I know this is a very popular color, but I'm not so fond of it. I don't think it suits my asian complexion, but I think it would be a wonderful color for maybe caucasian complexion :) other than that, I'm not so fond of the frost finish either. I'll still wear it when my eye looks call for a barbie pink lipstick though!

on 6/30/2010 1:50:00 AM

Angel, - the infamous Mac lipstick that Kim Kardashian wears a lot! For a Frost lipstick, this absolutely isn't frosty (no metallic ugliness,yey!). It is a creamy nude pink shade that I think will work for a variety of skin tones. It gives just the perfect amount of pinkness on the lips; - nothing too bright or pastel. It is such a safe and easy color so if you are one of those people who are afraid of wearing bold colors on your lips, then this lipstick is definitely for you. It's a nice go-to color for that neutral, soft, everyday look. It definitely lives up to its hype!

on 6/30/2010 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MAC calls this a soft pink. In the tube it looks like a light fleshed pink lipstick with neutral undertones but in reality is a rather cool toned pink. On my lips it was indeed a light pink that was quite pretty under the sun but looked a little too pale indoors. It can be used as a pinky nude as it gives a soft pink colour to lips although under some indoor lighting, its mauve and lilac undertones become more obvious. Also although it's a frost, I didn't see much shimmer. Also, it can be a bit drying and I recommend wearing lip gloss over it. Creme Cup is similar to Angel but a little lighter toned and is a bit more moisturising as it's a Cremesheen. Also, Angel is a bit more sheer as compared to Creme Cup. Probably won't buy Angel again as it's a bit too pale and too drying for me.

Popular Lipsticks