September 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ArretezCharlotte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After splashing £25 on an Avène moisturiser, an Avène scrub and these, I find it very ironic that the £2 of that sum that went towards the two little bottles of this stuff (Boots had them on BOGOF) was the best spent money of the Avène spree by some margin.

It's clearly not a miracle worker and while I'm sure the use of spring water instead of, for example, filtered tap water, does have its benefits, I'm not convinced they're quite as numerous as the brand would probably have us believe. But this stuff does exactly what it claims it will. It's beautifully refreshing. It soothes dry, red, itchy skin. It revives tired skin and makes it look all dewy and fresh. It 'de-mask-ifies' foundation and helps it to set a little (although this must be done from a distance or it will just run into a splodgy giraffelike mess - and I don't suppose it would do much to a cheap foundation other than melt it).

Above all it's just fun to use and great for people like me who can't keep their extremities still for more than about 45 seconds. As much as my poor Law teacher is probably driven nuts by my constant whipping out of this stuff to mist it noisily on my face/forearms/chest/best friends' faces or backs... I'm sure he prefers it to the alternative which is constant hair-brushing, thinking aloud at length, the chewing of gum and (his) pens, or scribbling fruity messages on the tables.

I suppose when you think about it, paying that much for a little aerosol of water that will last no more than a fortnight at most if used regularly isn't all that frugal, or sensible, but I think I'm just about still un-old enough to warrant the waste. I'll put off being sensible until I leave full time education.

11 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Avene's thermal water. It's the best! I've tried Evian's, and LRP, but I like Avene's the best. It's the best stuff to set makeup with. I've bought quite a few cans over the years and it's a staple for me. I like it so much that I've used it consistently for the four years. Would definitely recommend it for those looking for a thermal water/spray to set their make-up, or apply for it's soothing properties after a mask. It's also great on dry, itchy irritated skin. It helps calm down any inflammation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

just underpressure water.....I think I ve tried enough stuff to stop beliveing in miraculous products, but, without being pessimistic, this is sparkling water.And, because of that, in my opinion is way overpriced.
About the product :

1. the ph is 7,5 - a bit higher ( more alkaline) than the ph of normal,healty skin. I ve read that, the more alkaline the ph is, the more chances of getting a skin condition. The acid ( normal state of our skin) mantel protects the skin from bacterial and fungal infections.If the acid mantle becomes disrupted or damaged, or loses its acidity, the skin becomes more prone to damage and infection. Washing skin with soaps or detergents can cause the loss of acid mantle. Repetitive washing alters the stratum corneum and barrier functions, including skin pH. Once damaged, it can take up to 14 hours to restore, by which time, it’s most likely under assault again from another washing. Single washings shift pH to the alkaline region, which can shift back to normal within a few hours. Conclusion 1 : my dissrupt the skin s natural protective barrier. Might not be good for healty skin, definetly not good for any skin condition.
2. rich in sillicate and trace elements : just google it , and u ll find out that sillca makes skin dry... Conclusion nr 2 : not good for dry skin
3.the indication for dermatological use ( listed on Avene site) are , hmm, very funny, those of skin conditions in wich ( as said in medical journals) you should try to bring your skin to an acid ph, not spray on some alkaline water.
4. soothens, calms , softens the skin------my question: how? Didn t feel like those objectives were reached on my skin.
5. ppl say : good to fix make-up! Huh?? After spending 30 minutes on conturing and the rest of it u spray water all over to melt it? Lol, that has to be funny.

Wont buy this again. Doesn’t worth it.

10 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ArBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!
I use it EVERYDAY
And it lasts AGES.
Good for fixing makeup.
Good for refreshing face.
Good for after mosturising face.
Good after acne treatment.
Good for anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by bvbvvbvvv

i use it as a toner most of the time, and other time i made mask using this spring water. it is a great product and the price is reasonable. you should always have one in summer. will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i think it's a good product, very soothing and easy to use. but i don't find it's very useful. i bought this about 5 months ago, only used it for several times. i think it would be good for people who have dry skin and don't use foundation often. i just didn't find it useful at all for me, even in the winter!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 5:38:00 AM More reviews by erika_let

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way over-priced, IMO. I used Retin-A back as a teenager and have suffered having red skin every time I'm out in the sun. And I'm talking about 5-min exposure here. Seems to work for lots of MUAers here, but sadly not for me. Perhaps this is purely for sensitive, not sensitized skin like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This water helps my skin to feel much better when is irritated, it soothes and refreshes my skin, like after exfoliating or removing makeup or even after shaving my legs. I can actually feel my skin nourishing from this in short and long term. Definitively a MUST-HAVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by slack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally believe in this stuff! I'd been spraying this on after cleansing and before toning for a long time and never really knew if it was making a difference or not. It's when i run out of it that i realize how great it is. When I don't use it my face is redder and itchier. I got a mean rash about 2 months ago from make up and using this and the nov lotion together really helped.
What SHOCKED me tho is that 3 weeks ago I got my first reeeeeeally bad sunburn in like, 15 years (forgot to put uv on) on my arms, and when i went to the pharmacy to get aftersun care lotion the pharmacist told me to spray this stuff on... Hrm. ok. I thought it was weird and didn't understand why he woulnd't give me medicine...but It took about a week for my sunburn to heal and the surprising part is that I didn't peel. at all. It was ichy for a little while but the avene water stopped me from scratching my arms and making it worse, and I'm wondering if it's not the reason why my skin didn't peel...Either way, I'm sold. It's also very refreshing. I always spray it on when i come home from work or during the day when i'm hot and it feels so nice.
I'd recommend this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by ksychan

I love this product for one main reason - it actually prevents makeup from oxidizing. Was initially skeptical but it not only set my makeup in the morning but it didn't oxidize from morning to night.