Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 12/7/2008 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very good foundation but unfortunately not for me. It's lightweight and gives a very natural looking sheer coverage. I think that's the only thing I liked about it. On me it had no staying power. It was gone by mid noon leaving me with a shiny blotchy looking skin. Broke me out too :(
It's on the pricey side but if it suits you I would say it's definitely worth investing in.

on 11/16/2008 5:19:00 PM

this looks really good going on, makes me look very healthy. but it didnt last on my combo skin. I tried this as I tend to like moisturizing/dewy finish formulas, but this was a bit too heavy for me, I think anyone with drier skin than mine or mature will love it though. If this works for you..lucky you!

on 11/1/2008 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Vitalumiere is one of those foundations which any cosmetics lover should be able to say she/he has tried.If, like many of us,one is on a budget, I highly recommend asking for a sample. It is a very thin, easily blended liquid,with a sheer finish. I use a foundation brush ,and Vitalumiere becomes just like my skin.I find it as sheer as my LM TM. In summertime, I wear .5,though in winter that is a bit too dark. I find the finish to be dewy,though not what I would call luminous. Perhaps it would be more so on someone with more oil. It is quite beautiful, and I feel it is one of those foundations which is equally office-appropriate and date-worthy.Cream blush goes over it beautifully, unlike with some foundations. The pump dispenses just enough - at Chanel's prices, one doesn't want any waste! I will likely repurchase,though I am always still looking for that HG.

on 10/9/2008 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the buildable coverage and it doesn't make me breakout. Has a nice luminosity. Downside, doesn't have great staying power.

on 9/27/2008 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far I'm loving this product used with Laura Mercier translucent pressed powder. Gives a lovely sheer finish, for people who have relatively good skin. Would not be enough coverage for someone who wants to 'cover' things, rather than blur a few imperfections. Feels great on. I may try Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser next though.

on 9/21/2008 4:24:00 PM

Oh God, I have never been so in love! This is THE best foundation ever, it feels and looks like nothing else you can buy. If it cost £100 I would still buy it. I bought Teint Innocence a few months ago and I thought it was so good there couldn't possibly be a better one out there, but Chanel have outdone themselves. It is so beautiful, and someone else said it makes them look like a china doll. I totally agree! My only problem with this is that I have very pale skin and I can't wear very much of even the lightest shade, as it is still slightly too dark, but if you use the amount the pump dispenses and blend it properly it just makes your skin flawless and blends to your skintone, but the only problem with that is if I need extra coverage then I will have to buy concealer, which I don't really like to use 'cause it usually cakes on me. But usually my skin is okay as I take good care of it, and this foundation makes it look absolutely perfect and doll like, and I love it!

on 9/18/2008 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Advantages:makes skin look dewey and fresh(at first),goes on smoothly,looks and feels natural even in the sunlight,doesn`t emphasise my dry patches(I have combination skin),bottle is very convinient
Disadvantages:coverage is not enough when you have a bad skin day(actually coverage is minimal),pricey,colour oxidises and turns darker,might break you out,only lasts one-two hours and then turns in an oily mess.
I can see why it would work for drier skin types who don't need much coverage but since I have combination acne-prone skin this looks on me greasy after a couple of hours and melts off.Won't repurchase

on 9/13/2008 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this foundation. I have very dry skin so I start out with Neutrogena Age Shield and then just one pump of this and I am good for the day. The coverage is medium, but buildable and looks wonderful all day. It does not feel heavy on my skin and even though it is $$$$ one bottle lasts a long time and it makes my face look awesome ALL DAY LONG and that is worth every penny to me!

on 9/8/2008 11:01:00 AM

wow, what a great foundation! i cant believe that i will like this better than my HG chanel TI. for me, this foundation is like a tinted moisturizer. its sheer, doesnt cover anything but makes my skin so soft, glowy and healthy looking. it is not cakey, it is not heavy. if you dont have something to cover from your face, get this foundation coz its really great.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation. For a while I was hooked on LM's mineral foundation, but wanted to try a liquid foundation, and this was it. It doesn't cause my forehead to flare up, and it just makes my skin look so clean and fresh. I get compliments on my skin, people say that it looks like porcelain, like a china doll. I do find that I need to powder after applying otherwise my hair will stick to my face. I think this is my HG foundation. For reference I'm Beige 2.0, NC35. The color match isn't perfect because it my neck has more of a yellow tone than the neutral tones in Beige 2.0, but it's hardly noticeable.