April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by LisMo9

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have very dry skin so I start out with Neutrogena Age Shield and then just one pump of this and I am good for the day. The coverage is medium, but buildable and looks wonderful all day. It does not feel heavy on my skin and even though it is $$$$ one bottle lasts a long time and it makes my face look awesome ALL DAY LONG and that is worth every penny to me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

wow, what a great foundation! i cant believe that i will like this better than my HG chanel TI. for me, this foundation is like a tinted moisturizer. its sheer, doesnt cover anything but makes my skin so soft, glowy and healthy looking. it is not cakey, it is not heavy. if you dont have something to cover from your face, get this foundation coz its really great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this foundation. For a while I was hooked on LM's mineral foundation, but wanted to try a liquid foundation, and this was it. It doesn't cause my forehead to flare up, and it just makes my skin look so clean and fresh. I get compliments on my skin, people say that it looks like porcelain, like a china doll. I do find that I need to powder after applying otherwise my hair will stick to my face. I think this is my HG foundation. For reference I'm Beige 2.0, NC35. The color match isn't perfect because it my neck has more of a yellow tone than the neutral tones in Beige 2.0, but it's hardly noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by perfectButterfly

I bought this after hearing so many great reviews and although it's a great foundation, it didn't live up to my expectations.
Just so you know I have really dry, flaky skin with lots of red blotches and minor pimples along my jawline. The shade I got was Clair 20 - next time I htink I will try a lighter one as this seems a tiny bit to dark.

POSITIVES:
- Makes my skin feel soft and lovely
- I like the sheer coverage ( It doesn't hide everything, but evens out my skin tone and covers any red bits.
- Doesn't show all my dry, flaky skin like some other foundations
- The pump on the bottle makes it easy to get just the right amount out

NEGATIVES:
- I find that it can be a little but to oily looking if I don't put powder over it

PRICE:
$82 (Australia)

Overall, I think this is a nice looking, good quality foundation. I probably wouldn't recomend it for people who are looking for heavy coverage though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 5:41:00 AM More reviews by mulan400

All foundation junkies out there should do themselves a favour and get a bottle of this. My photographs wearing vitalumerie are proof that you do not necessarily need photoshop for an airbrushed look.......i mean wow.....whenever i wear vitalumiere, I get complimented on how pretty I look and not how nice my foundation, skin etc. is. Its such a pity that I have extremely sensitive skin, prone to breakouts and only wear foundation for weddings or formal occasions, otherwise I'd never take this off. Go, get it now!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by jazzjos

I love love love love this foundation!! I have been in search for the best foundation for like a year now and I found the best!! I does not emphasize my acne bumbs or any other flaw I have. My husband even told me that my face looked radiant! And if he noticed it is GOOD.
I have oily skin and I have no break outs from this foundation. It is expensive, but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by abercombiechic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation. I like a dewy/fresh look and this product gives that plus a great coverage. It leaves the appearance of your skin flawless without the look of a mask. This is by far my favorite foundation I have found, yet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by StellaCH

Ok so this really makes me look radiant and glowing but I have to mix it with Nars balanced foundation otherwise I look too oily rather than glowing. Coverage is medium, looks natural but if feels heavy on the skin.
I bought it in #25 (petale) colour. I have La prairie and Rubinstein's Prodigy foundation also Kevin Aucoin's skin enhancer, all great foundations but i reach for this combo more often b/c I look more natural and radiant with this combo.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lilyjules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

kind of a ruddy/tan colour (even in the nude shade) that made my face look a bit dirty? i think i was matched wrong though, as the shade just seems off on me. the texture is light/satiny (like the name says) and i like the SPF. went on great, just having trouble with the colour i was sold.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by boqueron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT:
This is a Chanel foundation with SPF15. It comes in a pump dispenser with the black plastic Chanel cap. There are 15 available colors at Nordstrom online, which is where I bought mine, and it retails for $52. There are more shades to choose from if you get the European version, but more on that later. It is supposed to have nut extracts to protect against free radicals.

APPLICATION: This foundation applied very smoothly and evenly with both fingers and a sponge. It has nice coverage, gives a luminous glow that is subtle, and a lovely finish. My only issue is the color. There is NOT one that matches my skin. I am NC10-15 and originally bought claire 20. It was too dark. I searched the boards, and found that there is a European shade called Limpide Nude 0.5 so I ran to ebay and shelled out $52 more for that shade. It is also too dark and too.....something.....I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe a bit too neutral for me?

OVERALL IMPRESSION: Anyway, there is no shade in this line light enough for me, which is really upsetting considering I love the finish and the coverage. This is a great foundation, just not for the extreme PPP. :( I am disappointed and due to lack of shade match would not buy again. continued >>