July 22, 2014 | 1264 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Fruitloopz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation more than anything else I've used. I'm 46 and find that this product doesn't define my fine lines and actually replaces some of the moisture I've lost, adding a touch of "dewiness" that I really like. And best of all it contains sunscreen!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Meh. This barely gave me any coverage and left my skin an oil slick, and I have pretty dry skin right now. My face just felt gross after I put it on, like I could feel the foundation sitting over my skin. Returning this and wouldnt recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by manslayerliz

I was lucky enough to try a free sample of this by being a bzz agent. I have had bad experiences with CG foundation in the past so I was shocked by how much I actually liked this formula. It's very light and silky, and the fact that it contains natural SPF is a big plus. Unfortunately I can't continue to use it because the overwhelming perfume KILLS me. I suffer from migraines and am sensitive to fragrances, so I had to pass this one along. CG, please consider making a fragrance-free version!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by iloveproductz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I always have fun testing out new products. I got this from a friend so I didn't pay for it, but I know it's relatively inexpensive. Here's what I do like about it: I think it smells good, it provides medium, natural-looking coverage, and I like the fact that many of the ingredients are natural and not synthetic. However, as with many drugstore makeup brand campaigns (cough, Maybelline Color Sensational and their b.s. "Honey Nectar") it seems cheap to push the whole natural ingredients thing, when they also have things like Aluminum Hydroxide in there. For the record, on EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database, that has a toxicity rating of 4- meaning it could be potentially harmful with long-term use. I'm happy that brands like CoverGirl are trying to embrace the whole organic/natural trend, but why not do it 100%? Also, this stuff left me super shiny and oily by the end of the day, and was pretty much gone. I think maybe it'd work best as a tinted moisturizer. Hope this was helpful.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've never really been a liquid foundation girl...I have decent skin and usually the look of liquid foundation looks cakey and fake. However, I heard such good things about this foundation that I thought I'd take advantage of my local Rite Aid's 30% off sale when I already had a $2 off coupon for it. The shade I bought, Flax, matches my NC20 skin very well. It gave my skin a beautiful finish (I can't speak to whether or not this is full coverage since I'm not looking for that in a foundation).

The problem I had with this, however, is how my skin felt while I wore it. It has a sticky, tacky texture to it that feels like dried sweat on your skin. Even though I don't use a lot of it, it FEELS like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. I hate touching my face when I wear this stuff. Even though it doesn't give a dewy finish, your skin feels like it, which I am not a fan of.

This hasn't broken me out and I love the appearance of it. I just HATE the feeling of it on my skin. And for that reason, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Foundation, with a hint of jojoba extract and cucumber water, gives flawless, luxurious coverage with a barely there feel.

MY THOUGHTS: I received a free 1 mL/0.034 fl oz. liq. sample of CoverGirl Natureluxe™ liquid silk foundation in 320 Aspen and 340 Maple from P&G brandSAVER.

Note: Because I received a sample packet, I quickly stored any excess into a small container (i.e. Sephora's in-store sample containers) for future use. I estimate that the amount I received will last me around 3 to 4 days.

The foundation is a light, fragranced lotion that blends effortlessly onto the skin providing a light to medium coverage and a dewy (moist) finish, similar to Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer. I believe this line of liquid foundation from CoverGirl would be best suited for individuals with a light complexion (due to 14 shades and pink/cool undertones) and clear normal to dry skin (due to dewy finish). The retail tube comes in 30 mL/1 fl oz. liq. and sells for anywhere between $11-15. Note, the volume is identical to most liquid foundations.

Because I have a combination skin type, my T-zone did become oily later in the day which was easily remedied using blotting sheets. I did notice a few minor whiteheads on my T-zone the following day. Unfortunately, after 3-4 uses, my face began to breakout all over (pizza face style) which prompted me to discontinue usage.

I can not accurately comment on the longevity of this foundation because (A) I usually apply a primer underneath which will extend the wear of any foundation, and (B) I always apply MAC's Studio Finish Concealer to problem areas (i.e. eyes, nose, spots) afterwards, which tends to last all day. In addition, I also can't comment on the oxidization (turning orange) at this point in time because I usually wear a primer. However, I was surprised to find that this foundation did not easily transfer on to white clothing as expected for most foundations, but YMMV.

INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Eau, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Talc, Propylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Wax, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Juice, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Tridecth-9, Bisabolol, Lactic Acid, PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

MYSELF: I'm an Euro-Canadian with combination and sensitive skin that is prone to clogged pores (Baumann skin type: OSPW). continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

this foundation performed better than I had hoped. It glides on like, well, like silk, and gives good coverage. Good range of colors to choose from. I did not feel it gave too much shine to my naturally oily skin and it held up well through the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by JillElizabeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this product as part of a Bzz campaign and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of CG's newest foundation. I am not usually a big fan of drug store cosmetics, especially foundation, as they don't offer enough coverage for the flawless look I crave. I gave it a try and found the shade to be a perfect match and the texture to be silky and light. The true test was the coverage and again, I was very impressed by the smooth finish! This one is a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was definitely pleasantly suprised by this foundation! A lot of people here have said that it is not heavy coverage and I agree, but for someone like me, who does not want to wear a face full of full coverage concealer everyday, it is perfect! I always use concealer on my occasional blemish and my undereye circles regardless of whether I use foundation or not, so I didn't need this to cover imperfection, more to just even out my skin tone. The finish on me was matte at first (almost drying to a powder finish?), then became slightly dewy as the day went on (but not "shiny" at all). It also minimized my pores significantly, which I definitely was NOT expecting! I have a hard time finding high end foundations that do that! I love the consistency on my face, however, I applied it with my hands and it left them feeling tacky and chalky at the same time? A small price to pay for the beautiful result though. I barely noticed any scent, so I really have no opinion as far as that goes. Love the packaging and think I will be able to get every last bit out. Also, there seemed to be a wide variety of colors to match different skin tones, although I am really pale, so even the lightest shade looked too dark for me, but when I put it on, it matched perfectly, so I feel like even if it isn't a perfect match, most people would be able to find something that works.
    Overall, I will definitely be repurchasing and am so glad Cover Girl came out with a foudation that is actually high quality!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by PepsiGirl4Life

Unlike other reviewers, I AM NOT a BzzAgent. However, I got a sample of this in the mail a couple of weeks ago in the shades Aspen and Maple. I used the Aspen shade and I gave my mom the Maple shade. At first, we both liked the foundation, so she bought some of it. She ended up not liking it after all, so she gave it to me. I don't really like it either. First of all, the shade she bought doesn't match my skin tone as well as I would like (Aspen matches, Maple doesn't). Second, it doesn't have enough coverage unless I put a lot on. Third, it made my face shiny and I had to touch it up with powder several times a day (I use Maybelline Dream Matte Powder). Finally, it's expensive for a drugstore foundation. I really wanted to like this, but it's not for me. The search for the perfect foundation continues.