Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation  ] [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (2.6%), Octinoxate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Cucumis Sativus Fruit (Cucumber), Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Talc, Propylene Glycol, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Wax (Jojoba), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Juice, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Dimethicone, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance, Trideceth 9, Bisabolol, Lactic Acid, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG 10, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides
Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

on 6/9/2011 8:35:00 PM

First of all, I hate wearing anything on my face besides moisturizer. I find that most liquid foundations are too thick for me, so I usually stick to powder. I really love this foundation though, because it feels as if I am not wearing anything on my face. Granted, it provides very light coverage -- just enough to cover the redness in my face and blemishes. However this foundation is great for when I want light coverage and do not want to wear too many products on my face.

on 6/7/2011 1:00:00 AM

I was in the store, actually looking into buying this product. I saw that they had samples, so i got a few. i tried it the next day. I just have to say...I loved it. It was amazing BEAUTIFAL coverage. And a light as air feel. I have acne scars. and it is amazing for coverage.

on 6/2/2011 12:06:00 AM

I received this as a buzz agent for a campaign... I gotta say this is nice its sheer not heavy at all it does cover up though I mean i dont have any major problems with my skin but some redness and some hyperpigmentation from previous acne .. Feels light and good on the skin , although i would not purchase this myself as i prefer high end brands for foundation specifically.. but good product if your want some light coverage an affordable product

on 5/27/2011 7:19:00 PM

Another product that I wish would work for me. There are a lot of things I love about this foundation- the finish and the coverage in particular but it just doesn't work for me. I don't even mind the scent though I don't think it's a good idea to add unnecessary fragrance. My face looks very greasy after about 4 hours with this foundation and that just doesn't work for me. Also, I apply this with my fingers and it feels almost sticky or tacky on my hands. It's such a shame because I really love how this looks after I first apply it. I'll finish up the tube by wearing it on days when I don't need something longer wearing but I can't repurchase with such limited usage.

on 5/27/2011 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been using this foundation every day for 2 months. I use Maple and it matches perfectly. It will be too light in the summer though. I love the tube and the scent doesn't bother me, though I don't like cucumber scents in general. I have oily skin, and this lasts quite well on me. I use Clinique DDMG under it and no primer. This lasts better than Revlon Colorstay on my skin (for some reason the CS looks sooo oily by the end of the day). It looks so good through the day, even after 9 hours. I set it with ELF HD Loose Powder. The coverage is more than a tinted moisturizer, but lightweight and easy to blend. I haven't experienced any rub off or splotchiness. I used to constantly have Colorstay on the collars of my shirts, but my collars have stayed clean while wearing this. IDK why my experience differs so much from a lot of others, but I am quite happy with this and this review is the truth of my experience with this foundation.
***EDIT***Unfortunately, this foundation breaks me out. I know it's this. Be cautious if you're acne prone. Which I am not, so I'm not sure why I broke out so badly from it.

on 5/27/2011 1:42:00 PM

I love this product. I usually use Clinique's superfit foundation and I think this is a dupe for it. I randomly tried it when I was at Walmart and was surprised by how smooth it went on. I decided to pick it up and I loved it! It is so smooth and leaves a flawless finish. It have sheer/medium coverage and does not make my skin more oily. Will repurchase.

on 5/27/2011 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted this foundation to work! I can ONLY use it when I don't have any zits on my skin...which is about none of the time. When I use it when I have big zits it makes them stand out even more! It's too bad because this foundation smells great, cucumbery and fresh. Must continue on with my search for the perfect foundation!

on 5/27/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been on the quest for a new foundation for about a year. I decided to be less of a makeup snob and try an inexpensive drugstore brand. Oh my goodness, I wish I hadn't! I tried this product for 2 days and a week later I'm paying for it! On day 1, my skin started to sting after putting this foundation on. Day 2 was even worse! Now I've started to breakout in pimples like a teenager and I never breakout! I'm so upset and will never, ever recommend this foundation to anyone!

on 5/25/2011 9:09:00 AM

I really like the silky texture of this product and it has a pleasant scent (although I think I would like it even more if it were unscented). It is moisturizing yet light and provides light to medium coverage. I have rosacea and I need to use a concealer when I use this foundation, but otherwise I like it a lot. I think it's a great choice for summer when you want a foundation that's a cross between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation.

This is my current favorite foundation. I don't even touch my other foundations! I wear the shade Flax/310 which is a great match for my skin. The price is around $12, which seems kind of expensive for drugstore but it is worth it! I love the packaging, which is a squeeze tube. I bought this because I figured it would be a good dupe to the Laura Mecier Silk Creme Foundation, and because Taylor Swift is the spokes person for it. This foundation is very lightweight and silky. It gives about medium coverage and feels like a tinted moisturizer. I like that it has SPF 15. Easy to blend, I like to use my Mac 190 brush. It looks very natural. It has a light scent, not sure what it is but it doesn't bother me. It doesn't break me out either. I like that is is natural, so it's good if you have sensitive skin. Great foundation year round, the only complaint I have is that it will highlight any acne/dry patches you have so make sure you moisturize before hand! The lasting power is good, I don't really pay attention to it though. I do get a little oily throughout the day (doesn't everyone?) but it's not too bad. Overall, I suggest this foundation if you're looking for something new to try!