October 24, 2014 | 1579 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale for some boots and of course the Chanel counter was right in the way! I wonder why the lady at told me this was brand new? I am so out of touch after buying the house and shopping at Home Depot instead of Nordstroms.... so anyway. Light, yet provides coverage. Does not stick in pores nor "fine lines and wrinkles". It is very easy to apply with a brush. Cha, cha cha, I love it.

Please note that I am a natural redhead wearing fall colors in the fall and she put me in a 32 Beige Rose, as she said I had pink tones or neutral. There is no hideous "neck line". Love it. How do I get this picture of this girl off this review?

Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 32 Beige Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Laetitia1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, I've been using it for two years and the finish is so natural. It was my wedding day choice too and lasted and photographed well.

Apply with your finger not brush.

Shake VERY VERY well

A bottle lasts about 3-4 months with daily application.

It doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation it's so lightweight and it blends quickly and well - no tide marks or patches.

Do not apply too much though it does look cakey, less is more - if you have a big spot you need to cover use a little concealer rather than layering this foundation.

Sun Protection is really good too - no burnt nose moments.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by madeleine18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great for my skin which is somewhat dry; but make sure to use a primer as it can help it look more flawless. I use rosewater spray for this purpose and a WET stippling brush. This is the fastest most effective application for me. It doesn't do well under/over the eye and tends to crease, but stays put all day and looks healthy and natural. Not sure I would buy again because it price is a bit ridiculous in Australia, but it should last me a year or so, so I'm happy.

UPDATE

This foundation is less than natural and flawless for me now; it gets cakey and oxidises - maybe its just not my perfect colour. However the formulation highlights pores and it fades away after a very short time - I wouldn't recommend it. I've now got the Body Shop BB cream which is a lovely, natural, creamy foundation with great staying power - a must in the Australian heat and with long days at work/uni. Chanel doesn't employ ethical practises regarding their treatment of animals; they test their products on animals, use ingredients tested on animals and use animal derivatives in their products. They are ridiculously expensive too. I suggest trying TBS range of BB creams and mineral foundations; they have been much more effective for me in the past and most are Vegan (however I acknowledge that their owner, Loreal, is less than ethical; yet this compromise works for me for the time being).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would normally never try something that isn't specifically for dryer (or more mature) skin. This seems like it's meant for combination or oilier skins, but it actually works for me and isn't drying. My skin is very sensitive too, but the fragrance in this doesn't bother me (I can't go anywhere near anything by Lancome for example). This does indeed give a flawless finish with very little product. However I found that if you use too much, or use it all over, it does get a bit cakey looking after a while. It seems best used sparingly to even out skintone, here and there, so for me it's good for casual days. My other issue with it is the squeezy bottle. It's hard to get the product out, and then a whole lot blobs out and I wind up wasting it. I would prefer it in a tube (not very Chanel though I suppose). I have not found it to oxidise on me, and this is something I sometimes have a problem with with other products (the Chanel pressed powder for example). I am saying 'yes' to repurchase but I'm on the fence really. It is much better than any other Chanel foundation I have tried, and the first time I found one that actually matched my skintone.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by DadasGlamBazaar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Without luck, for years now I'm trying to find the perfect liquid foundation for my dry skin. I heared so many great things about this foundation and I was like if everyone is talking this great things about it, I need to buy it, maybe this is it, no more spending money and trying different brands. Oh boy, was I wrong. Spent almost 50 EUROS on THE WORST foundation I EVER tried! So, with having dry skin without a glow- of course, I thought that this would help me dealing with it cause it's water based foundation, but everything it did to my face it's that it dried it even more, after couple of hours I would look so cakey with numerous dry patches. Not to forget- it gives so light coverage! If anyone has a new suggestion for dry skin, PLEASE girls let mi know!:))

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by SARAHD33x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product. The fact that it is water based is fantastic for my acne prone skin. This, among very few others, will not make my skin breakout and feels very comfortable on your skin. I do find that a setting powder is needed for an all day finish, although that takes minimal effort. I found the best way to apply this product was with my fingers. I warm the product in the palm of my hand, and use my two fingers to apply the product. A moisturizer underneath is necessary, although it does have SPF 15, so an additional sunscreen in your base is not needed (unless you're someone like me with very fair skin that burns quite easily). I find applying this product with a brush creates quite a streaky finish unless you feel like spending an extra couple of minutes making sure to buff and blend out all your edges and contours.

Overall: Great product! Good for the days where you're running late and need to quickly apply your makeup with minimal fuss and mess.

Tips: SHAKE VERY WELL. Because this product is water based, if you do not shake the container and mix the product before squeezing out of the bottle, the water and pigments separate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Cellove15

OK, it's expensive. It is.
.... But that being said... I have to admit it's also the best foundation I have purchased so far. The way it blends into the skin is just amazing! It is like it BECOMES your skin! I look as if I'm not wearing anything at all.
The way I apply it (my colour is B10 for NC15 skin btw) is using finger tipps .. and you only need the tiniest amount... and then I set with mac mineralize skinfinish natural (in whatever colour just suits my skin... light in winter/medium in summer) AND (most important for flawless look!)... spritz some clinique moisture surge spray or even just water on my face and voila!!!! Perfect skin... and no makeup detectable!!!

I cannot tell you how pleased I am with this new foundation routine. I might even sell all my high coverage foundations. I find with this I do not need them. Surprisingly!!!

But still, 45 euros is a lot for a foundation. ... But to me it's worth it. I doubt I'll ever find a cheaper product that will yield the same great results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I absolutely love this foundation. I first purchased it at the beginning of the summer, and while I loved the finish and coverage, I thought that it had been breaking my skin out. I promptly returned it after a week. It turns out that it wasn't the foundation, but the unbearable heat that was clogging my pores. I realize that now that I have repurchased the foundation. For women who already have nice skin, this foundation is perfect. It will not cover large imperfections. I work at Costco under harsh lighting and people are always asking how my skin looks so perfect. I tell them that it's this foudation! The coverage is such a nice satin finish. No dewyness. Just a natural, radiant look. I would repurchase this again if I ever ran out, but I'm sure this will last me a while since I only wear it to work and on special occassions. For a casual weekday, I wear the NARS Tinted Moisturizer. Another product I highly recommend

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This make up is for those with smooth, flawless skin. Period! On my mature skin, it's greasy and oxidizes. There are other much better foundations out there including drugstore brands. Emphasizes pores and dry areas.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by shanona13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. It is the only one I've tried in a long time that doesn't make me break out. I find it has decent coverage, but is very buildable if you are using the correct tools. It is expensive. But for me, it is worth it. I loooooove this. Thank you Chanel!!

Edit 12/1/13
I still really like the Chanel, but it's not as good in the cold months. It seems to cling a little to the dry skin on the top of my nose and on my cheeks. I still enjoy it, but I have to load up with lotion beforehand.