April 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Xokimberly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion/foundation has changed my makeup routine. I absolutely love it! It looks and feels like skin. I'd definitely recommend it and purchase again despite the $46 price tag. Plus it has SPF which is only a bonus! Just take off the lid place your finger on the dispenser and shake this way it doesn't spill all over the lid. Loving this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by mandity

I've decided to get this after having heard crazily good reviews about this product. But this foundation breaks me out. Surprisingly, it is also drying for my combination skin -- perhaps due to the wintry weather here -- on my nose and under my eyes. It creases after a good eight hours or so even with my skindinavia makeup finishing spray. Most of my face that doesn't dry up after my application of this foundation does look somewhere in between matte and dewy. However, I have gotten small pimples on my chin and on the sides of my nose. This product also has the signature scent of chanel, but I'm not too much of a fan. I possess a number of foundations and BB creams and I have only started sourcing for a new one because my skin has been drying out too much since the start of this winter. I must say this foundation has been disappointing on a whole, and I won't repurchase! It's also terribly expensive here in Australia.

EDIT ON 9TH MAY 2013: I've decided to change my rating to a 5 after having experienced a dramatic change to my skin. I've had serious cystic breakouts which were hormonal and likely to have little to nothing to do with this foundation. However, after having seen the dermatologists and spent many hours fixing my skincare routine and pre-makeup routine, I've finally found the ideal way to make this foundation work. I've realised that prepping the face before using this foundation is so important and it makes such a great difference to the lasting power and look of this foundation throughout the day. FIrst, I use the three-step skincare from Sulwhasoo -- first care serum, toner/essence, moisturiser. Then, I take a pea-sized amount of Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer For Normal and Combination Skin and mix it with the same amount of this foundation -- and the coverage is extremely good, natural, and lasts all day! (in fact, it even gets better towards the end of the day). The coverage is also very buildable so I can always add a little on top of healing scars to conceal them. This has become my ultimate holy grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Raddit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I ADORE this foundation. It has a finish like no other- it FEELS like sheer, matte satin, but looks glowy. I have combination skin with congestion and breakouts in my T-zone (mostly around my nose and chin) and it magically covers imperfections, but still looks and wears light and natural. I was matched in BR10 in the dead of winter, and throughout most of the year, it is the best match I have ever had in a foundation. Right now, I am tan, so its too light, but if I really want to wear it, I just swirl some bronzer on top. I love that it comes in a squeeze bottle that sits upright... hygienic and it doesn't spill out when not in use. It is definitely long wearing on me and keeps my skin feeling matte throughout the day. I also don't think it oxidizes much at all. You wouldn't have to powder it, but I go over it lightly with MUFE HD powder, lightly or Smashbox Halo to up the coverage.
Now to the cons...you don't get much product for your $50. It is truly a tiny bottle of foundation and I have gone through it faster than any other foundation I have owned- typically it takes me a year or two to finish a bottle, but I've gone through this in about 6 months. Granted, I pretty much never wear the same foundation two days in a row...I have a couple that I rotate through. I also don't think it photographs well and it won't cover texture issues or really bad breakouts.
I still really love this and will repurchase when I run out (hopefully by then Chanel will offer a bigger bottle for my $50).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by blondedame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Count me upon those who found their usually clear skin now appearing with cystic acne bumps. I think it has something to do with the repugnant scent, of which Chanel seems to unnecessarily taint all of their products with. Otherwise, I found BR10 to be the best color match I've ever found for my cool toned German skin and would have considered this my holy grail foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Armanix09

More of a tinted moisturiser than a foundation- coverage is very light and you can't really build up on it.
Leaves skin feeling soft and doesnt have that shiny after tone, not very long lasting, I prefer Perfection Lumiere - has better coverage and has the benefits of concealing too!
This was also quite pricey for such a small bottle (since you have to use quite a bit daily) therefore I will not be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by lngrid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation, it gives me a good coverage but doesn't make my face cakey looking. It feels like I have no make up on at all!
This foundation glides on my skin easily and leaves a matt finish. I apply it with my fingers. It doesn't make me brake out.
I'm on my second bottle of this foundation, and I paid 48,70 euros of it. I think this product is worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by DODUNIA

This and Double Wear are my by far favorite foundations. I use Chanel as my everyday foundation- it gives me just enough coverage and looks super natural. If I need it to last longer I use pressed foundation on top and makeup setting spray, for everyday just a translucent setting powder. I have normal skin and I love this watery consistency. Because of it I use only a bit of the product and it covers the whole face. Some people complain about its lasting power- yes it will not last from 8am to 10pm but this is not what you should use it for. If you need a full coverage foundation pick Double Wear instead, this one will stay on forever but looks way less natural as well. In general: perfect everyday foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Shyandy

I tried Dior nude, L'oreal True Match, Maybelline Mousse, No7 liquid foundation, Clinique Even better and MAC liquid foundation. This is the ultimate and truly the best! It applies smoothly, coverage is light (you may want to try something else if you want a heavier coverage), the effect is gorgeous-I look flawless.
It is expensive but I cut corners on other make up essentials like eyeshadows, lip gloss, etc. For me the foundation needs to be good..
Next I shall try Chantecaille, I heard it was good too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is perfect if you need light, natural coverage - it feels so soft, and looks like second skin, like I am not wearing any makeup.
Will surely not work if you have problems with acne or pigmentation that you want to cover up, but if you just want to even up the skin colour a bit, it works like magic

Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally give rave reviews for chanel products but this one doesn't make the cut. It's way too watery and thin and doesn't cover enough. Lancome's teint idole ultra seems much better to me. Sorry Chanel!