Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

I used to use this as a primer back in the day before primers were all the rage. It really gave me a flawless finish. Found it the other day when I was browsing CVS. I forgot how much I loved it! Only problem I have is that it leaves a little powder trail. Other than that it helps keep the oilies at bay and leaves a nice flawless finish.

I had to update this review. I hadn't used this product in a while and decided to use this as my primer today with my studio fix fluid over it. If you have acne prone/Sensitive skin I DO NOT recommend this method. But if your skin is hearty like mine try it. My foundation lasted a full 12 hours! As I type this my blush is still perfect. I can see that my foundation has lasted with minimal oil. it honestly looks like I just applied everything. It never looked cakey. Apply with a very light hand. Was wicked happy. Just thought I would share. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like using this to help remove the acess oil from my face! I brought two for the price for one so it is a good bargain! I love the paper container then only problem i have is that you cant travel with it unless you poke only one hole in the contanier or if you carry it in a separate compact with a sifter! Has a strange smell of vintage but that doesnt bother me i kind of like it!

on 10/28/2009 2:24:00 AM

An oldie but a goody!
Yes, the smell may remind you of your Grandmother but I got over that quickly once I found how nice this is to use everyday.
Love the packaging, adds a little glamour to my daily routine. Swirl a big fat face brush around the lid apply as much or as little as you like.
This power sits nicely on my combination skin and doesn't settle into the little lines aorund my eyes like some powders tend to do. Gives good coverage and sets my foundation nicely.
This one's a keeper, I can't see myself using anything else!

on 10/21/2009 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this stuff!! I was on the market for a powder I could use as a highlighter and this one fits the bill! I sweep this product below my eye above my cheekbone, a bit on the center of my forehead, a swipe down the bridge of my nose, a dab on my cupids bow (makes my lips look bigger) and a dab on my chin. It is a fantastic highlighter. I use this product on my clients as well. They love it, especially the scent. I don't find it too overpowering and my boyfriend loves the scent of it on my face. One container will last you FOREVER. I wouldn't use it as a set powder for foundation though, only because even the translucent comes off pale & not translucent. Great stuff!! Such a bargain!

on 9/30/2009 11:55:00 PM

I really, really love Coty Airspun. I know, I know... It's cheap, it's talc, it's scented, it's loose... It's everything I'm supposed to hate ;)

But this stuff works. I either use translucent light or translucent light with shimmer, and it works beautifully on my very pale skin. I use it to set foundation, highlight (the shimmer) or just to dust on if I don't have enough time for foundation but want something to pick up oil.

One container is $5-$8 and will last forever- I mean it, forever. It does have a tendency to get bits of powder all over the room you apply in, but I haven't had much trouble with this. I just pick up a tiny bit with a big fluffy brush and tap it into the lid.

Somehow, this doesn't irritate my skin- the scent is rather grandmotherly, but light, and dissipates quickly. I actually think the packaging is adorable, if a touch impractical (cardboard!) and it has a lovely 1930s-1940s feel to it.

I just love this stuff. It's a workhorse of a loose powder, and for the price, you simply can't top it.

on 9/14/2009 10:04:00 PM

Breaks my heart that this doesn't work for me. With my fair skin, most products look too orangey or pinky on me, but not Coty Airspun, great colors and textures for fair skinned people who don't want a heavily made up look, even the transluscent I have was pretty nice in that department. Even the scent didn't bother me or my mild rosacea, actually very nostalgic scent for me, reminds me of all the great, older Southern ladies I've known. No, the problem is that this powder is a little too good at its job. I have that annoying sensitive, combination skin. With Coty applied, my tendency to dry prone areas felt tight. Amazingly, no inflammations or irritation. Do love the price, even if you regret product, you don't have the added pain of spending a pile of money on it. Agree w/everyone on inconvenience of packaging. Will probably keep this for nostalgia reasons, not to mention, sure does look period appropriate on my old fashioned vanity. Might use it as a scented body powder.
Side note: for those of y'all who like the texture of vintage brands of loose and vpressed powder, but don't like the Coty scent, two possibilities. Stardustperfume sells the discontinued line of Sally Hansen cornsilk products, in individual and multi-pack lots, decent pricing. Also, Weston's sells their own version of Cornsilk powder--have heard this British version on Weston's is superior, but a package of it cost a few dollars more than the disc. Sally Hansen Cornsilk.

Well I loved this, but unfortunately I got tired of it invading the bathroom sink, counters, and my purse. I had to switch to a compact powder. If you don't mind the mess it sets makeup nicely.

I love everything about this. The way it smells, the way it goes on AND the packaging. (contrary to everyone else)
It sets my foundation EVERY day, and I have even tried using it wet(difficult, doesn't mix well with water, but it looked nice)
When I use it with a brush, I find that the lid is great for swirling your brush in, and if there's still some in the lid when you're done, you can tap it (carefully) back into the container. Be careful no to tip it over, or it will *poof* when you open it. If you want to take some in your purse, I reccomend getting a small container (with it's own sifter?), or just reusing a bareminerals container (Hope this helped!!!

on 8/23/2009 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been using this product for about 4 years now. I have pale skin and have used translucent, muted beige, and now naturally neutral. Translucent is good for soaking up oil and giving the skin a 'soft focus' look, the muted beige matched me pale skin perfectly and look 100% natural in most lighting, a plus since us pale people often look too peachy and pink or orange with makeup on since it is so hard to find a light enough shade. Now, I use the naturally neutral. I find that is also looks just as natural as the muted beige, but has a slightly more porcelain finish, not too pale for me (which is almost impossible) but a more porcelain, smooth tone for my skin, you know? I get compliments all the time that my skin looks good, and not my makeup, and people always ask me what skincare I use, not what makeup I use, when I use this powder. I am going to assume that means that I am not the only one that thinks it looks natural, lol, and that it really does. Also, the application can be a little tricky. I have found that for the best coverage and finish it is best to apply a fairly liberally layer to the skin without blending it in and then letting it sit for about 5 minutes. Then take a makeup sponge or puff or brush and blend away the excess. The right amount has been left behind and 'soaked' into the oils on your face. It last all day too with not touch ups which is a major plus.

on 8/18/2009 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Good lord! I have to say that in my entire life I have never smelled anything so highly fragranced. It literally knocked me out when I opened up my shipment from Drugstore.Com and everything in there was scented from this powder! The smell is completely overwhelming and incredibly obnoxious. I have smelled things fragranced before that were a bit strong yet manageable, however this could never be one of them. It's not a good smell either but a bad perfume on steroids scent that is like nothing you have ever smelled before in your life! I can't imagine anyone with any sensitivities being able to bear this let alone wear it on their face! I had heard some great things about this simple powder although the fragrance had come up before from certain users. I just never dreamed it was THIS intense and this overwhelming!! What were they thinking! This is not 14th century France where they never bathed! I wish I could give some perspective on the actual powder, but I had to toss this in the trash because no matter where I put the box, it stunk up that whole area. I just couldn't see putting something this intensely scented all over my face, so in the trash it went. I have heard that there is an unscented version somewhere, but I was unable to find it (I'll keep checking around). Take heed before buying this if you have allergies or any sensitivities because this will blow you out of the water. I got a bit of a headache just from smelling it for a few minutes and it wasn't even on my face! Yikes!