Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

Ahh...so many memories! I remember my mom having this in her bathroom when I first started wearing makeup, so naturally I was using it as well. While I do love the smell--you either love it or hate it--I find that I have to keep this powder out of my train case because the scent tends to permeate whatever enclosed space you keep it in. In fact, I may buy a container of the fragrance free version in the future. Hence, take away one lippie. But it performs its basic function very well--setting makeup and controlling any oil. And I find that I can still use this on my dryer skin as long as I don't use too much.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is sweet. For the like $4 I payed for it. I just go it because who can deny something this fabulously cute to put on their vanity? To my surprise it worked fabulously well too! I'm not going to say this is the BEST powder for me but it is very satisfactory for daily use and a person with normal/ combination skin would probably be very pleased by it! While I wouldn't say it keeps my sking matte ALL day a good 3-4hrs yes! And that's great for me because even the tazorac my derm put me on doesn't keep my skin matte! The only real issues: 1) Fragrance- I get migraines quite frequently and fragrance can be a trigger so you may one to keep away if your headache prone. 2) Packaging- it will get everywhere so I reccomend transferring it little by little into a different container with a sifter. All in all A GREAT BUY!

I was on the lookout for a new powder as I got to the end of my second lot of Smashbox Halo (I used Light) which was a great powder but I needed to find a drugstore dupe as it cost $$$. I read all the reviews here and decided on this powder in Naturally Neutral.I am a MAC NC15 and it works great! Yes the perfume is "old lady" (I couldn't find the fragrance free version in my area) but I decanted the powder into an old MUFE powder jar (with sifter) and the smell seems to be dissipating. The best thing about it is that for $7 you get 4 times as much powder as the high end brands and it feels great on my skin, soft and doesn't look at all powdery. I am happy with this purchase - so thank you to all the previous reviewers.

This stuff is pretty hard to track down but I'm so glad I did. I got Translucent Extra Coverage and it looks great on my skin (I am medium with yellow undertones). It's very finely milled and looks smooth on top of my tinted moisturizer. The only thing I'm not crazy for is the scent. The scent itself is okay but it is very strong. After bringing it home and before I had a chance to poke holes in it for use, my entire vanity room smelled completely "grandma." It took a few weeks to wear off. I still love it though.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I was little, I would sneak into my grandmother's bathroom and play around with her makeup. She ALWAYS had a container of this stashed in her drawer, and I would spend hours swirling it on and feeling pretty. Well, my grandmother's gone now, and I really miss those days a lot! So imagine my ecstasy when I found this! I was in Walgreens in a hurry, picking up more Spin Pins and I was rushing down the aisle when the container caught my eye and stopped me. It was in the corner, on the bottom shelf, hidden between the fancy displays of more known drugstore makeup. Instinctively, almost, I grabbed the last container, without even stopping to look at the colour. I didn't care, this was like childhood in a cylindrical box!!!

I got home and immediately opened the box. The smell sent me straight back to my grandmother's bathroom. *For any opposed to fragrance in their cosmetics, this powder is DEFINITELY not for you!*

The actual powder is wonderful. Turns out I got Translucent, which is good because I'm cool toned. It sets my makeup extremely well, and keeps away the unwanted shine. This is the one cosmetic item that I truly treasure and adore.

I also read from these reviews that Coty is changing the packaging! This makes me want to cry! :-(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOOOOVE this its amazing. Its got such a pretty smell and keeps my extremely oily skin matte for hours. it also has some coverage so sometimes i skip the foundation and just wear this :}

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

OMG i bought this long time ago and i used to love the smell, but I do not like face powders at all because even though some of them are compact powder they do not last all day. They give you not even a medium coverage. And if you have dry skin like mine, dont even try it because it makes it look drier. the only thing I like about this product is the smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this b/c of the reviews here. I got it at CVS for around $7. I want to try the Translucent and Extra-Coverage Translucent, but they look too pink, they said it's translucent, from the look of it, it has the same color as Mineral Veil.
I wanted to be safe so, I picked the color Naturally Neutral / Natural. I think this is the only yellow-based color in all of the Airspun collection. I have NC30 skintone in MAC. It was undetectable on my skin.
I use this as a finishing powder over my liquid foundation (like how I use the BE mineral veil).

Pros:
+ I like the consistency
+ it smells great but not too overwhelming (for those people who hates fragrances stay away
+ packaging is cheap but tolerable! (put holes w/ a pin in the plastic covering on top, to dispense)
+ really works similar to mineral veil (at least for me)

Cons:
- no powder puff included
- BREAK OUTS!
- it doesn't last as long (4 hrs tops)
- I have dry skin and this 'might' accentuate it, depending on how dry our skin is
- oh did I mention, BREAK OUTS?

Would buy again? Maybe...not.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this. I took off a lippie for the packaging, there's lots of spillage (but I sorta love it anyway) and the scent (which is not a big deal because it fades quickly, and I don't mind it but some people would)
Its cheap, goes on well, stays on, there's LOTS of product...I just love it.

This is perfection to me. I loved this scent as a child sneaking mom's perfumes and makeup. What a treat to search this online and find out it still exists! It mentioned "new packaging" so I ran out instantly to buy this and couldn't wait to get home to use it. I smelled the package all the way home, the same scent from when I was a child. I wish they would advertise this vintage find! I love this scent so much. I ordered L'Origan today also and I hope it's just as good a scent. This scent is what I consider perfection for make up! Too perfect of a product. Too many in and out products now days, always improved. There seems to be nothing original left. A little girl will never grow up and remember the scent momma wore 30 years ago because they will have changed it. I hope they keep this and advertise it as vintage and what a "woman" should smell like!