September 21, 2014 | 1918 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Miracle

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by pearbeary18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Overall, I really like this foundation. It is so lightweight and covers well. I don't use primer except for on my nose/chin, but it still lasts all day. I think this is excellent for normal skin. On my oily nose/chin, I've found this foundation separates into little dots. In addition, if you don't have normal skin and put on a really thin layer, it does separate. I think you need enough product on your face so the product can adhere to itself and not separate (if that makes sense). It's also best applied in light layers instead of one huge, thick layer.

When I went into Sephora looking for a primer for my super duper oily nose, the SA said it was due to my skin being dry and sucking the water out of the foundation (TM is 40% water). She recommended a water-based primer: Make Up Forever's HD primer. She also recommended the HD Elixir, which I have also been using. I put on my moisturizer, the HD Elixir, then the primer on top. I find this combo works pretty well. No more dots! I'm not going to knock off too many points for this foundation not working on my nose because I've only found one that doesn't separate due to the oil.

I find the coverage to be light-medium, covering minor flaws. Heavily pigmented areas need concealer, but light marks are covered easily. It definitely covers redness. This does oxidize some, so you'll likely get a shade that almost looks too light upon initial application. I have oily skin, and this foundation is very luminous (which is probably not ideal for my already shiny skin), but I love how light feeling it is. The color match is great too. FYI Sephora only carries a few shades. Go to the counter for more options.

Please use some kind of makeup remover cloth or cleansing oil to remove your makeup! I don't like how people give products a low rating just because it broke them out. Some people don't wash their face thoroughly or they have an allergy to an ingredient.

Also, I use Buff 6W. I could also use 7W, but I like to err on the side of light. I am about NC20-25 in MAC, Med in Tarte AC Foundation, Agent 04/06 in Tarte TM, and Light in Bare Minerals.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by lelikavaii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Still happy I didn't pay money for it, got two generous samples in ivory 1 and ivory 4 to match my skin tone, as of coverage and look it's quite good for my combo more on the oily side skin, but I got the worst break out ever!!! First I didn't know that this is it but every time I tried to hide a huge cyst I got on my cheek with this foundation I get 1 more the same day, they are all the same huge painful irritated under skin bumps that don't come to a head but leave a scab after, I háve 3 red post acne scars right now to deal with and no more new ones since I stopped using this and got back to my mineral one

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by anniethealchemist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation has a light to medium coverage, so it suits skins with few problems. It feels lightweight, and on me it lasts up to 8 hours, although i have combination skin. The only thing i didn't like about it is that it oxidises, therefore, before buying it, make sure to get a sample to test it and find the proper shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by vrostar5

This foundation is on the lighter side and provides moderate coverage. I have light acne scarring and find that this foundation smoothes into my pores easily and provides enough coverage. However, if you DO have combo or oily skin, this may slip off. Setting powder is definitely needed with the foundation as it will wear over the span of a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by diaphoneful

This is an OK foundation. My skin tone is pretty hard to match, but thanks to the sales associate she helped me find my skin tone. I got the 10 day sample (which I've used for 2 weeks so far). It looks SUPER good on normal skin (my cheeks are normal/dry-ish) but you must use a primer.

Pros:
- If you have normal dry-ish skin, GET THIS (my cheeks are normal/dry and they looked great)
- I have an insanely oily/acne-prone forehead, and this kept it matte ALL day (with just a few tiny pimples that I could slough off with and exfoliant & mask - I've realized with the introduction into liquid foundation I have to step it up a bit with cleansing)
- Since it is a high-scale foundation, you don't need to guess your skin tone (they'll find out for you!)
- It covers redness (A LOT, you don't need concealer at all!)
- Doesn't sink into pores/make acne look huge
- Can cover most scars (light hyperpigmentations... light)

Cons:
- Can look a little cakey
- Not sure if it's my skin type, but without a medium coat of Monistat Chafing Gel on my cheeks, my skin "eats" the makeup, it just kind of.. cracks in tiny patches
- Doesn't last as long as I hoped. By the time I get home from school it looks OK but I'll be getting a job soon and I NEED something long lasting (I hate blotting sheets, and adding more makeup can just clog pores)
- Not too great of a job on hyper pigmentation
- Without powder, the foundation is shiny on oily areas
- Can possibly break you out, but when using foundations you MUST have a good cleanser (there are of course exceptions)
- Noticed fading.. again I really want a long lasting foundation :(

All in all if you have normal/dry skin TRY THIS but use a good primer! Acne prone types, these should be good for mild/moderate acne. If you have large, raised pimples, then this foundation is probably not for you (makes them stick out).

I plan to continue to use this by experimenting with primers. Again I am using Monistat Chafing Gel (which goes on amazing, but I've only been using it for 2 days so I'll update later), but I plan to use a travel size of Laura Mercier Radiance primer.

I'll keep this foundation on my list if nothing works out, but the huge deal breaker is how cakey it can look and how it fades. I'd like a bit more coverage also but I could use a concealer for that..

Unfortunately the nearest Sephora is an hour away so I don't get the chance to try out brands such as Nars or HD Makeupforever. HOWEVER, I do plan on trying out Estee Lauder Double Wear & Mac Pro Longwear, and fortunately the beauty associates at Dillards are SO nice and there is a Mac stand. (I've found these two have gotten the best reviews for combination/acne-prone skin, ages 13- 17. I'm currently 15.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a beautiful foundation with a very natural finish on my maturing dry skin! Like others before me, it was a bit of a challenge to get the right color match for me. I'm a straight on, very pink NW20 (NW25 in the summer with a lot of sun and a lighter weight foundation). I usually have no problem matching any Lancome foundations as they do tend to run rather pink and my previous match to Absolue Bx Pearl 130(c) was perfect for my skin tone and condition. For reference, it looks like a pink highlighter in the bottle ;-) Tient Miracle tends to run rather neutral, even in the C shades. My first sample of Ivorie 4(N) was a good match for shade, but the wrong tone for me. If I had stuck with that shade this foundation might have received a "3" . It was fine, just not anything special. Luckily, I looked on the website, and sticking with the 4, thought Buff 4(C) might be a bit better match for me. Higher intensity according to the color chart,a II instead of my usual I. Bingo! A good match, not too dark, not too light or yellow (as was the Ivorie 4n) and not overly pink either. It goes on looking rather neutral and then just melds with my skin! Beautiful.
I have a little bit of shine on my forehead during the day so I do use a bit of light setting powder there, and only there. Any other powder would ruin the dewiness of the foundation and make this formula not much different than any other satin foundation. I am still experimenting with primers for my forehead but have yet to find one that helps with my tiny bit of shine but does not dry me out our make me break out. For that reason, I would not recommend Tient Miracle to the oily skinned or some combinations if they like a matte look because it is a waste of foundation of this type of formula to powder it down!
I was a bit concerned that Tient Miracle would not be moist enough for me, considering I usually wear the Absolue Bx or other dewy foundations and the "natural" finish advertised did not sound like enough coverage either. I am very happy with the feel, like my skin, the look, me only better, and the decent coverage. For my skin type, I can pretty much wear this all year round, adjusting my skincare a little as needed for temperature changes. I can not really call it a "miracle" in a bottle, but I would have to say after all the years of wearing foundation, this comes pretty close!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by kathylulu

The highlight of this foundation is its finish, it just gives the face the most perfect, yet natural dewy glow, like how your face would look under ideal conditions. After I finish applying this on my face, I'm always taken aback by how good it looks on the skin, and I don't want to put setting powder on top to disturb the finish. I get compliments on how good my skin looks very often when I wear this foundation. :)
You can see the pearlized shimmers in the bottle, but on skin, you really can't see the shimmer even under strong sunlight.
The coverage is about light medium, it takes cares of any minor discoloration and things alike, doesn't setting into fine lines or accentuate dry patches. Feels very light weight on the skin. The formula feels rather hydrating.
The only downfall to this foundation is the lasting power, I have combo skin, oily on some areas and dry to normal on others. On colder days (aka less oil production), I can get away with just primer and no setting powder and get a decent 8 hour wear out of this. However, on hotter days (aka more oil production), this doesn't hold up even for more than a few hours with primer underneath and setting powder on top, and when the foundation starts to break down on the face, boy does it look disgusting!
For that reason, this isn't a foundation I opt for in the summer, but it is my goto in the colder seasons.
Overall, this is my favourite foundation in terms of finish, but not my HG because this isn't something I can't rely on year around. I will continue to purchase this because it works well in the colder seasons.
If you have dry, normal or combo skin, and like that natural dewy look, I'm pretty sure you will have good luck with this foundation, but if you are oily, you need to be more careful because in my experience, this foundation doesn't do well with a oily face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hated it. It ended up creasing and separating on me by the end of the day even though i used a primer. The color was wrong and it rubbed off my nose and chin. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Rachel211

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When I started working at Sephora, one of my coworkers had stunningly beautiful skin, probably the best skin I've ever seen. Her makeup was flawless so of course I immediately picked her brain over what she uses. She immediately took me to this foundation and I've been using it ever since. I have some acne on my forehead and chin along with some scarring...and this evens everything out without being/feeling heavy. It IS buildable - I will do 1 coat all over my face and then take a concealer brush to add some over any dark spots/blemishes and it's perfect. Such a smooth finish. Sometimes I finish with powder, sometimes I don't. And it stays put all day - doesn't seep into the pores. I wear the lightest shade they make and it's not orangey/pinky/yellowy - it blends perfectly. Definitely recommend this and the price seems to be on-par for what a good foundation is going for these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Nafinka

This is my favourite make up :) best makeup ever. Great adapts to your skin tone, no ´´maps ´´ on your face, perfectly hides imperfections and still looks natural!! Only price is not so perfect :D