Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

This sh*t is bomb. I bought it last fall and reach for it whenever I'm having "skin woes" and it covers every bit of redness without ever looking over the top. I own the "103" color and I'm a N20 for reference. Slightly oily/hormonally angry skin and it works like a charm. The trick is to make sure you blend it throughly and use sparingly. I squeeze a bit out and dot it all over my face and go to work with a duo-fiber (skunk) brush. Set with el cheapo NYC loose transparent powder and we're set. It's $5-$7 for a tube so you can't really go wrong. It really does last all day without going bad on me at some point (settling, flakes, all those annoyances).

on 4/6/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Pros:
-lasts for 10+ hours
-satin finish
Cons:
-cakey, especially with powder
-limited range of colors
-hard to blend
-dries really fast
-light coverage

Overall, the cons outweigh the pros. It takes a lot of work to make it look nice, and it accentuates the dry patches around my mouth. This is going in the garbage.

on 4/3/2013 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS
-I like the sqeeeze tube form it comes in making it super easy to take out
-inexpensive
-goes on smoothly ( I apply it with my fingers for even coverage)
-lasts all day with no need for touch-ups
-a little goes a long way so you dont need to use alot of product
-good smell

CONS
-not a large range of shades, so you might not find your true color, but you can fix that with your face powder
-not a buildable foundation so you cant put 2 layers for more coverage

Overall more pros then cons, I think its a great buy especially if you have clear skin!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product felt like mud on my face too thick and heavy. I did like it apart from the way it felt, lasted all day. Ended up passing this on to my mum who has dry skin and she loves it.

on 4/2/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am in love with this foundation for so many reasons. I picked one up in every shade for my kit after I purchased one for myself. The shade ranges are a little skimpy, it could use a few darker shades (it's disappointing).

As for the pros:
- the price is ridiculously cheap for a great formula. It was around $7.
- the container is very convenient. Just squeeze a bit out. It keeps everything clean, controls the amount you deposit at once.
- the coverage is fantastic, a small amount goes a long way. I use about a dime sized amount for full coverage of my entire face.
- it truly lasts ALL day. I put it on in the morning, set it with powder & I stay completely matte all day. There is hardly any oxidizing that's noticeable. It also doesn't separate on my nose like other long-lasting foundations do.

Cons:
- the shade range lacks a lot of necessary shades. Also, the typical shade names aren't true to the actual shade as it's applied. Darker shades apply lighter on the skin as well. For example, Ivory is quite a dark pink undertone, that's almost leaning towards beige. Thankfully I bought all the shades, so I just mix them together to create a perfect shade.

Overall, it's an awesome foundation with an amazing formula. You can't beat it for the price I don't think.

on 3/28/2013 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Let me first start of saying that I was on the hunt for a new foundation for my dry skin. I needed something that was long-wearing, made my skin look not dry but also not oily, and something that I could wear everyday. and this is the BEST foundation I have tried that has matched my high expectations for foundations. This makes my skin look incredibly healthy( not oily, but not dry) but still on the matte side of things. I have gotten multiple compliments on my skin when wearing this foundation. I think it gives me a gorgeous finish. Also, something important to note is that this foundation actaully looks BETTER as the day progresses. which is AMAZING. I love this foundation so much, I think it's much better than the Revlon Color stay(stay away from that if your skin is dry). I can even apply this with just my hands and it still gives amazing coverage and awesome look to the skin, but I usually use this with the Real techniques face brush. Great quality foundation. Highly recommend this for anyone.

This is the worst foundation I've ever used. I got it because I was just getting into foundations last summer. It's matte which I don't prefer but I don't mind. But this foundation is cakey with the thinnest layer. It gives medium coverage. I can't stand it because no matter how much I blend it it looks like I'm wearing a mask

on 3/22/2013 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have dry skin which over compensates and ends up oily. So I tried slathering on oil and then waiting a minute or two then applying primer and then the foundation. My skin ends up pretty matte all day..
I wouldnt say this lasts 25 hours but it lasts about 9 hours which is enough for me. You must use cream cleanser to clean this off!!! Normal face wash doesn't quite cut it.
Use sparingly or it will cake and look really thick. Less is more in this foundation, If I apply it thin, I use loose powder to set it and it doesn't cake.
I have bought this foundation in 3 colours and because I am in Australia, it's way more exy than in the states. Chemist warehouse sells this at $14 which is cheaper than most places.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this product 100 times. Love it. I combine it with Stay Matte primer and works wonder on my acne-prone, oily skin.

on 3/16/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily and acne skin to begin with and I'm always on the seach for foundations that can cover my zits/scars and is oil free . I love the coverage of ELDW but I had to combine 2 shades and i usually end up looking too fair.

I read the rave reviews here and I decided to try. Couldn't find this in Singapore but i got 2 tubes in shade 202 from Malaysia. They didn't carry many shades there so this was closest to my skin tone.

Color Match: It was a tad dark for my skin but it still looks ok when apply with lighter shade setting powder ( I used MAC MSF in medium plus).
Lasting Power: The first time I tried this foundation, i was in an air-conditioned place. My face feels a little bit oily on my T-zone by the end of the day. The 2nd time I tried this on, I was sweating from the heat. After 2 hours, I feel like the foundation slide off my face. My t-zone looks shiny especially around my nose. I had to blot a number of times but I still look shiny.
Coverage: I don't think this is thick enough for me as I only apply one layer. I still need to apply concealer on my scars and zits. When i touched my skin after application, my skin felt sticky and it looks dewy. I prefer a matte finish for my oily skin.
Application: Its blendable and easy to apply. I tried applying this with a sponge and flat foundation brush but i prefer it with sponge as it gives me more control.

Overall: Personally I think this foundation didn't suit me. I hated that it felt sticky on my skin. I would only use this on cooler weather and for short hours.