Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

on 2/1/2007 5:23:00 PM

I bought these because my Almay non-waterproof mascara does not wash off easily. Well, these pads don't seem to quite take off the last smudges of black right under my eyes! I don't get that. I figured these would certainly work well together. I will try another product next time, because I don't want to have to rub and RUB under my eyes in attempt to remove my mascara. I can do that without eye makeup remover!

on 1/19/2007 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product removes my eye makeup better than any other I've tried (Mary Kay, Target brand, Maybelline, Clinique). I have acne-prone skin and like using oil-free products so this is perfect for me. It takes one pad per eye for me to remove all eye makeup and if I'm wearing a lot it may take three total.

on 1/4/2007 6:45:00 PM

I also love these pads! They're non-iritating, smell-free, and are packaged nicely. They don't make my oily lids even more oily-in fact, they seem to help reduce it during the next day. It completely removes my mascara, liner, and eyeshadow. Great product!

on 1/4/2007 2:09:00 PM

I will use these if I cannot find my "Eye Q" pads. Both do an excellent job for removing waterproof mascara. I've tried everything, but the messy oil is the best product for the job! I always wipe off the excess oil with a tissue ;) The convenience is another big factor for me.

on 1/3/2007 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love using these eye makeup remover pads. They dont irriate my eyes at all. I didnt notice a smell like someone stated. If I did I would of taken the product back, when in doubt take it back to the store. I always hated using the "oily" removers, it was like you could never get the lotion off your eye area. Yes, they are thin and could use alittle puffing up. Can find them with other products as a give away,or two for one, love that. Some complained that they had to use several pads to get rid of the eye makeup, well with some women now a days need to take their eyes down a notch.

this stuff smelled full of chemicals and rubbing alcohol. The pads are so tiny and thin; they hardly have much of the eye makeup remover product on them. It took me 3 to 4 pads to remove my NON-WATERPROOF makeup and I was still left with visible traces of eye makeup. I'm going to use this up and then return to a eye makeup remover in liquid form.

on 12/14/2006 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This works fine for removing non-waterproof makeup. I wish the pads were larger in size and a little thicker. After I finish my container, I will go back to a liquid remover and cotton round pad.

on 12/8/2006 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

These work really well for me, but I just wish they were bigger. Kinda tiny. Otherwise very good. Thumbs up.

on 11/29/2006 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've had nothing but great results with this product! After picking up two packages of almay mascara (one for me, one for my mom) with a smaller container as a bonus sample of these pads included with the mascara, I managed to steal the other container away from my mom since I fell in love with these! They manage to take away all of my eye makeup, mascara (non-waterproof) & several layers of two different brands of eye shadow, and there's no need for me to rub vigorously to get the job done, either. Granted, there is a little after feeling of a chemical on my skin (I'm the type of girl that when I want my face clean, I want it to actually feel CLEAN! haha), but it only lasts until it dries. Convient little pads (one pad manages to get both eyes- but I sure use that one pad up!) and, from what I hear, a great price- certainly a product I'm going to be getting again. :)

EDIT: After not buying this for awhile, I saw there was a buy one get one free sale at Walgreens and decided hey, I'm trying out a new mascara, why not pick up my trusted makeup remover pads? I mistakenly took the "moisturizing" container and QUICKLY returned them (*ick!* why get those when I can get a bottle of baby oil?!). After picking up the non-oily version, I fell back in love :) Not too sure what all the negativity is about, but I adore my trusted little pads. I keep them by my bed and use one pad, then a baby wipe to wipe off the rest of my make-up on those nights where I barely am able to crawl into bed ;) I recommend them!

EDIT EDIT: "Not too sure what all the negativity is about..." okay, maybe I now do. I figured out that I normally wear not a lot of mascara, so that it why these work so well for me, but after trying to take off a few layers of mascara (and Almay mascara, at that!), it managed to take it off of my lashes, but the large ring of black mascara that got transfered to my undereye skin in the process? Not so much! I even tried another pad to take off the "ring" but the pad remained mascara-free! Looks like good ole' soap & water will have to do in these situations! Taking one lippie off for this reason alone- since I seldom wear enough mascara for this problem to occur.

on 11/15/2006 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really didn't like this product - I'm surprised it is so popular. 'slaingll' wrote a review back on 6/23/06 and it sounds identical to my experience with the product and I too wear hardly any eye makeup (shadow, light mascara and a little liner, all NON-waterproof). I used this product last night and my eyes are still irritated more than 24 hours later. I still have some residual makeup 'rings' under my eyes as well (and this is after washing my face twice since I used the pads and also using a water-moistened q-tip along my lower-eye rim to try to get more makeup off). I really do not recommend this - I don't know if maybe we are super sensitive, but my eyes are killing me.

In case you're curious, here is slaingll's review:
by slaing11 on 6/23/2006 12:05:00 PM
"I tried this eye make-up remover after reading many spectacular reviews on it. I was not impressed. I had to use about 3 pads per eye to remove all of my eye make-up (it was not water-proof), and after all of the rubbing my eyes were super irritated, and I still woke up the next morning with rings of make up under my eyes. I don't wear a lot of eye make-up (eye liner, one sheer eye shadow, and mascara) and I thought that it should have done a better job. "
continued >>