MAC Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby

4.5

on 11/16/2007 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this in May, when I was tanned (c6). It gave me a nice natural color. Now that summer is long gone and I am now an NW40, it makes me look sunburned (the MA said it was because it is too pink). =( I'm sad because this was my HG blush during my tanned days and it even has a dent in it! Now I use gingerly and that gives a nice color to my face.

*EDIT* so i went back to mac and asked if there was anything wrong with my Studio Fix. The MA told me i was mismatched with SF, so they rematched me with nc42. SOOO much better. Blushbaby does NOT make me look sunburned anymore. It looks natural on me. They said it probably made me look sunburned because NW has pink/red in it.

on 11/11/2007 12:29:00 AM

I really like this color, but think that it's a little too sheer sometimes (even when I use a lot of it). Maybe it's my natural flush showing through, but I normally don't have trouble with blush.

That being said, this is one of my favorites because of the very fact that it is so sheer, I can use it to tone down brighter shades, and contour when using a lighter shade above it.

(NW20)

on 11/6/2007 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG blush... great every day color and is especially great for that "flushed" look... like when you just get done working out or making out with a boy haha... can be built for a darker color but I like just a little bit to give my cheeks a little flush... I've been using it for years and have been through quite a few of them... will definately keep repurchasing for as long as MAC continues to make it... let's hope I didn't just jinx it or I'm going to go buy out my local store of it...

OH and as for the color to me it's a muted, dusty rose'ish color... works alot better for warm skintones than cool IMO... I think strata is more suited for cooler skintones

on 10/24/2007 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

What can I say but I love it. It makes me look like I have a natural flush, not a wind-burned, bitch-slapped, rubbed-it-raw cheek. Just a nice I-just-came-inside-from-the-chilly-outdoors healthy flush. And no sparkles *whew*. I get compliments all the time. What more can you ask for? :)
I'm NC15-20 and a light dusting over the apples of my cheeks is all I need!

on 10/18/2007 11:28:00 PM

A wonderfully neutral pink that adds a subtle flush to my NC-20 skin. It has the perfect mix of dusty rose and taupe. There's no shimmer in this color. Love the pop-up lid which makes it easy to use and handy for travel. Great for PPPs and LLLs.

on 10/16/2007 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a nice blush but nothing spectacular. It's great for an polished, low-key look for daytime. It's quite a sheer blush and on my NC35-40 skin colouring I can build up the layers of colour depending on how bright I want my cheeks to be compared to the rest of my make-up. I would describe the colour as being a matte pink-beige-brown. I like to put quite a bit of colour on and then soften it with bronzer (MAC in golden). This combination flatters my skin colouring and makes my cheeks sparkle in the sunlight.

on 9/29/2007 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a soft and basic/everyday color; my friend, who is cool toned, bought it and it's too warm for her. I'm a NC30 and it looks better on me. It's a little light, but it can be built up. When I say "basic", I mean that it doesn't really make my look "pop" like more vibrant colors, but it's nice, nevertheless. A good softer color, like Prism or Cubic.

on 9/21/2007 9:17:00 AM

Awesome color, I think it would compliment any skin tone. A must have!

on 9/18/2007 4:57:00 PM

I really love this color. It suits my fair yellow-olive skintone. It's great to wear everyday to add life and color to your skin. It also works well if you want to go a little more dramatic by applying a little more than usual.

However, I ran out about a month ago and I visited my local ULTA store and they had a Buy One Get One sale for their cosmetic line. I picked up an eyeshadow color (Suede, which is very nice) as well as some blush in 'Tender' which I've been using lately. I really like this color as well. It's quite small and I do like MAC's packaging better, but the ULTA blush in Tender is a very natural color and delivers just the hint of color I need for every day. I love them both!

on 9/14/2007 3:37:00 AM

This is my HG natural looking blush for my NC20-25 skintone - not too pink and not too brown. Really easy to blend and goes on sheer and even, lasts all day in humid tropical climate.

Top Rated MAC Products