December 19, 2014 | 1505 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by bhk126

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like it BUT Paula Begouin Beautypedia website says:

Review:
This lightweight serum is packaged in a tube with one end having a metal roller-ball applicator. You’re supposed to massage it over dark circles for quick relief, but don’t count on instant or long-term improvement, or any dark circle-related benefit from this type of packaging.

It would be great if we could instantly roll away dark circles, but it’s just not possible. Massaging skin to stimulate circulation isn’t the answer in this case, because increasing blood flow to the undereye area can actually make dark circles look even darker. Also, some types of dark circles are due to pigmentation issues that are either hereditary or from sun damage. These types of dark circles don’t respond to massage or any of the ingredients in this product.

Although the roller-ball applicator is a “neat-o” factor, what’s dispensed is far more problematic than exciting. The formula contains a high amount of alcohol and the sunscreen ingredient ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate. The alcohol causes collagen breakdown and hurts skin’s healing process—two things guaranteed to make dark circles worse—and the sunscreen ingredient isn’t the best for use so close to the eye itself (it can cause stinging).

You would be far better off treating your eye area with a fragrance-free serum loaded with collagen-stimulating antioxidants and keeping it protected daily with a sunscreen rated SPF 15 or greater. Those steps will help your dark circles considerably more than this product will!

Pros: None.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by mona09

I bought this concealer because of a makeup guru that i really love and I have to say im very happy with my purchased. I use this for as a highlighter more than concealing. Its very watery so it doesnt cake in my lines but it doesnt have staying power. After a few hours 3-4 its gone. However, I dont mind that bc i can just reapply without creasing throughout the day plus rhe fact that its not expensive I dont mind how many times I have to reapply because its so easy to do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

I really like this product, I thought I'd give it a go after trying the non-coloured, anti-puff roller and I thought that one was a bit gimmicky but I liked the coolness of it (thought didn't necessarily see any 'anti-puff' results). This one was on special so I thought I'd try it in the medium to dark skin version (I have deeply tanned, Asian skin) and I fell in love. It is like putting a tinted moisturiser on your dark circles but doesn't settle into lines and doesn't crease but isn't greasy or too matte. It probably doesn't have the staying power of matte concealers, but my problem with many matte concealers is that they might mattify and conceal the darkness, but they settle into lines and emphasise them.

I even tried this on my acne marks and it covered them nicely but didn't last that long. So I would definitely use this for the under eye area and then set with a powder, if you're trying this out on other marks/scars/pigmentation on your face, just be sure to set it with a powder and you should be ok, but don't expect super long lasting results (use your normal concealer if you want that).

Gimmicky BUT effective for me... doesn't come in many shades which is probably what would be the draw back for this product but for me, the shade was luckily, perfect.

Don't knock it til you try it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I really do like this. Not quite HG but it's true love for sure. I mostly love it because of how liquid and sheer it is which gives a very natural look instead of cakey and non-skin like. For the sheerness of the product it covers really well. I usually roll it on then let it sit for a minute before blending it out and setting with LM Secret Brightening powder. That works best for me. Lasts well and doesn't crease ( and everything creases on me.) The color works well for my NC 20-25 skin. If I'm having a really bad eye day I'll pat a tiny bit of salmon color corrector in the troughs but most days this is enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by arlin7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice product if you have small under eye circles, If you have big ones, it will not work very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Garnier Eye Roller.
A pretty average concealer, nothing too special. Sheer to Medium coverage. As for its "refreshing" qualities- it has none. Sorry, my dark circles are still dark. Not feeling refreshed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this product! I did find that this was a little pricey ($15-$18) for a drugstore product. I use this everyday for my under eyes, it does a great job at brighting my eyes and covering my dark circles. If you pile this on to your under eyes it will look cakey, as most concealers will. This does blend out quite easily but I do find that sometimes the rollerball will dispence to much product. This olny comes in one colour (light) so if you have a darker skin tone this may not work for you. This does not last extreamly long so you will have to set it with a powder but for me it usally wears off after 6 hours of wear. Overall I really do like this concealer and I will be repurchasing it. I would highly reccomend this product! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by libbyfish1

Goes on cool and smooth, blends nicely, and the color shockingly matches my hard-to-match, uncertain-undertone skin. For $12, it's a bargain. I can't tell if it works on puffiness; I haven't tried it on a really puffy day yet. It creases up a little, but no more than other concealers (high-end and low-end) that I've tried.

Not ready to declare it an HG yet, but results are promising.

It's lame that Garnier makes this in only one shade, though. I'm guessing it's sheer enough that it would work for medium to pale skintones, but there's a whole range this doesn't even address. Please make a darker version so everyone can share in the bounty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this products, and it is one that I shall never live without again. But I wish it came in more colors.

I have crazy dark eye circles thanks to swim goggles tightly against my face for many hours every day for years. It is basically impossible for the most opaque of concealers to cover my dark circles. This is an added layer that helps counter the purple under my eyes. If I didn't have such dark circles I can imagine this alone would be very effective at covering them. But after I let this sink in for a few minutes and lightly blend I put on top a concealer.

It is a light and bright champagne yellow color that is very brightening. Occasionally I will use this alone if I am feeling lazy and don't want to bother putting on makeup. I've found this makes me look so much more awake, and it kind of gives my eyes a glowy effect.

One real downside to this product is that it only comes in one color, this would definitely not work for those who have dark or tanned skin. Right now it is fantastic because it is winter and I am pale, but I can imagine that during the summer this would not work for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Rumrumrum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I am quite picky about under-eyes concealers. My under-eyes are slightly dry and the last thing I want is an overall accentuation of the natural crinkles I have.) Whatever I use has to be moisturizing, bendable, smooth, and please, lacking the weird undertones of pink or yellow (yes I understand that some products work well that way but VERY few do. Dishonorable mentions include Rimmel's Match Perfection. Ew.) As a disclaimer, I wouldn't consider this a true concealer and that's fine because my goal is erase the sallowness under my eyes not cover up any major bags/dark circles. This product does what it says which I find increasingly difficult to find in other products that claim extraordinary results -blows raspberry- It decreases bags (and I daresay shadows over prolonged use, though I could be biased) and evens out the general sallowness and slight shadows after a night of pretend-studying. Buying again. I just wish I bought two when they were on sale. It's slightly expensive but for such an easy (airplane friendly!!!) and honest product, it's worth it.