TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

I gave this product a 3 out of 5 because, despite all the bad qualities I am about to list, it did soak up the oil in my hair and made it at least appear clean. It did, however, leave a disgusting powdery residue in my hair. I would run my fingers through it a couple hours after using this product and there would be powdery stuff all over my fingers. It smelled too much like a styling product (very aerosol-ey), and turned my dark brown hair a funky shade of gray from the white powder. Definitely will not repurchase.

on 2/21/2011 8:51:00 PM

So, I didn't read the reviews on MUA yet but I decided to try it out the last time I stopped by Target. The first time I used it, it did leave that gross whie residue on my hair, but I figured that I'm probably using it wrong.

I came across a youtube video showing how to effectively use dry shampoo!

|6678|dry%20shampoo||S||5349879141&gclid=CLuphYHTmqcCFRtqgwod6wSwbQ

I hope it helps, because after following the steps I had hardly any problems with the shampoo.
good product though, its not very expensive too.

on 2/21/2011 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a disappointment. This product is too wet to be an effective dry shampoo. It takes longer then it should to dry and once it dries I can't get the white to fade. It ends up making my hair look worse. Save your money.

doesnt clean my hair. when i put this one and i run my brush or fingers through my hair it leave a powdery residue on my brush/fingers and makes my hair even more oily than it is. this stuff is a waste of money. dry shampoos suppose to make my hair clean not more dirty than it is. waste of money

on 2/17/2011 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

HORRIBLE. I have blonde hair and it STILL left visible white residue in my hair I understand thats what its supposed to do but it also made it sticky and clumpy.,, i couldnt brush it out after 45 minutes. I just ended up having to wash it out , TWICE anyway. I much prefer psssst. Save your money

on 2/15/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have tried a lot of dry shampoo products and this is by far one of the worst. Save your money ~ it made my hair look dirtier and oilier than it already was! I can't believe how bad this is. The only saving grace was that it did not leave gross white residue in my very dark chocolate brown hair. So at least it didn't look dirty and dandruffy. Spend a few extra bucks and one of the other dry shampoos. In my opinion Klorane is the best the of the bunch.

on 2/13/2011 11:32:00 AM

Do not buy this!!!!! This product is awful. I have medium length dark brown hair. It made my hair look more oily and dirty. It has a very strange texture to it. It also made my scalp itch. I did not like the scent either. I have tried it a few times hoping that I was doing something wrong. I feel guilty but I had to throw it out.

on 2/13/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Don't waste your money! My hair did feel worse after using it. It smells fresh but that is about it.

on 2/13/2011 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It works pretty well and seems to boost my hair volume. I do notice grey/white cast on my hair but only if I spray to my hair closely. It doesn't completely control oily hair but it does seem to make my hair less oily in the long run and the smell is fresh floral and not nauseating.

I really hate this stuff. I don't know if I'm using it wrong or what but it just doesn't do it for me. My hair is dark brown so the white powder contrasts with my hair. Its really hard to brush out and it leaves white flakes behind. It actually makes my hair feel dirtier after using it because of the texture it leaves. I will not repurchase, I can't even get through the first bottle I bought.

Video Reviews & Tutorials