December 20, 2014 | 849 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Usagi

Oil seems to move in on my head and I can't keep washing my hair. I kept hearing about dry shampoos and figured for 5 bucks, I'd try this one.

The first time I tried it following the directions, it looked like I had flakes all over. When I combed it all out, I still looked white and my comb was nasty. It also made my hair worse.

Fast forward a few months...

I tried it again and no white flakes came out. It was liquidy and I did short bursts on the top of my head.

I have no white flakes and my hair doesn't look greasy! Yay!!

Will I buy this product again? Sure but it won't be for awhile since I don't use up products quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

What is this stuff? Thank God I have blonde hair because I can't imagine what this did to anyone with dark hair, upon applying it gave me this discusting white residue, that was sticky and hard to brush out. This dried out my hair and gave me a lot of breakage. I do not know who this would be good for, maybe someone with extremely oily virgin hair. If you have color treated hair, highlights etc, stay away from this. Again another really crappy product from Tresemme.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by PARA_NOIR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the product inside the bottle, but HATE the actual packaging. The dry shampoo smells really great and fresh, and I like the formula. It doesn't show up in my black hair if I follow the directions.
I bought the procuct, used it once or twice with no problem. Suddenly, the sprayer stopped working correctly and only released a heavy stream of the dry shampoo. Annoying, but I dealt with it by spraying the product onto my palms first and then applying to the roots.
Eventually, around halfway through the bottle, the sprayer stopped working together. I tried everything - rinsing cap and bottle opening in hot water, picking out all of the residue with a needle, I even tried putting on another cap that I grabbed from an unused Aussie hairspray I had in my cabinet - no dice. There must be a problem with the actual bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by r4tgl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only upsides to this product are the smell & the container doesn't leak. I happen to like dry shampoo & was excited to see another drug store option. After trying this several times, I finally gave up. This makes literally no difference in how my hair looks. Fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by natashaish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It manages to keep my hair oil free for about 3-4 hours, but then my hair gets oily again. For the price it's pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

i think this product is pretty decent , of course its not the best but hey its really cheap so what more can you expect ? it doesnt work well with dark hair cause it leaves whiteness all over your hair so people with dark hair would have to spray it on & rub it in so theres no whiteness . it leaves my hair feeling clean & has a nice fresh scent though (: i mean it works decent for a cheap dry shampoo .

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ashley_howard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews as I think this is a pretty decent product for the price. Of course, I do agree with some of the people on here that think the bad-review-givers are just not following directions. It sounds to me like a lot of people are popping off the lid, holding the nozzle 4 inches from their head and spraying the heck out of their hair. Actually, some of the reviews even SAID this is what they're doing. No wonder it doesn't work for them. People, learn to read the directions from the beginning to the end. If you follow them and the product doesn't work for you, then fine. I just don't see the need to complain about a product if you can't manage to use it correctly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MACaddictSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this to give it a try, not the best dry shampoo ive used, ill stick with my oscar dry shampoo.
this product does reduce shine but hair doesn't feel clean when touched.
this give me AMAZING volume so i might buy it again for that

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by michellebee

Left disgusting white film everywhere!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Chloe3297

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is absolutely the worst dry shampoo I've ever used. And I've pretty much used them all on my fine, color treated, leaning towards the oily side hair. The smell is ok, packaging is adequate, but like many others before me have said, this product will make your hair oilier than before you used it. I tried it because of the price and availability. Never again. Klorane's and Rene Furterer's dry shampoos are the best, IMHO. PSSSST and Batiste work quite well, and their prices are more reasonable. The only other dry shampoo that I've used and detested was Oscar Blandi's. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the bottle, which hurt considering the price. TRESemme had a chance to gain a lot of business by creating a cheap, widely available dry shampoo and they totally blew it. I haven't really tried any of their other products and after this fiasco, I doubt I will.