October 20, 2014 | 1854 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Did absolutely nothing for my hair. Smelled nice, but it didn't soak up any oil in my hair, and the chalky residue was hard to comb out of my dark hair. Rubbish. Definitely won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by M7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Made my hair feel disgusting! Awful product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by masj23

SO surprised at all the hate. All the poor reviews either donít know how to use the product or else donít know what a dry shampoo is supposed to do.

Dry shampoo doesnít literally shampoo your hair! It just refreshes it by absorbing oils so that hair can last a little longer before it needs to be shampooed. So if you curl/flat iron/blow dry/color your hair, and want to save time and preserve the health of your hair by not doing so every day, dry shampoo helps your Ďdo last another day. Or two more days, or more, depending on your preference and oil output.

And as for how to use it, you canít douse your hair in the stuff. You gotta follow the directions! Shake the can before and between sprays. Use quick, short bursts of spray and only use what you need to get each section of your roots. Yeah, your hair turns white. Wait 1-2 mins, per the directions, then brush it out, and voila! No more white hair! People who say that it makes your hair sticky and disgusting are putting waaay too much in.

I have black, Asian, wavy/curly hair. (Asian curly hair? Crazytalk, I know!) I flat iron it frequently and use dry shampoo to help my hair last for 2-3 days between shampoos. Iíve used Oscar Blandi, Ojon, and baby powder, and was thrilled to see an affordable dry shampoo released. This works fine on my dark hair (again, if ladies are complaining that their dark hair isnít working with this, they are using it wrong. If I can get it to work on black hairÖ) It mattifies any oilies that I might develop on my scalp and gives my hair a little volume. I think the scent is pleasant, too. Not the greatest thing ever, but beats the natural smell of hair that hasnít been washed in a day. It isnít the best dry shampoo Iíve ever used in my life, but the value for the price is more than enough to convince me to repurchase. After all, weíve got enough beauty products to worry about purchasing - who wants to repeatedly blow $25 on a bottle of brand-name dry shampoo just to keep their hair looking clean?

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by JeanineH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gross. Disgusting. Urgh. Worst product ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by aishahassan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

sucks...makes your hair oilier...honestly the best dry shampoo i've ever used was Stila Creme Bouquet

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by ulurocks21

1. Can leave residue in hair if held to close to head
2. Needs to be shaken well
3. Nosle can be hard to use

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by PurplePanda38

I really like this stuff,it gives my hair volume and it smells ok.the One thing I don`t like is that it makes my hair very thick.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnie

This is not really good, it makes the hair really hard to comb afterwards to remove the product, as if the hair gets kinda sticky and thick. It also makes dark hair appear gray-ish so you have to brush a lot to get it out. It can leave some white residues that look like you have dandruff. On top of that, your hair still looks greasy and your hairbrush is all full of clay it's absolutely disgusting and when you try to wash it out it's really hard to clean around the bristles!! I will never buy it again but i'd be interested in trying another dry shampoo!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by cah234

I usually use Batiste dry shampoo but when I saw this larger bottle of dry shampoo for a cheaper price, I was excited.. Until I tried it. The formula was really wet and sticky and didn't really give me that "fresh start". I'll be sticking with Batiste

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by kemxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used dry shampoos before but i have never been able to find a cheap one until the Tresemme so I was excited when I heard about it. Well... I basically hate it. Other dry shampoos that I have used before were very powdery and even though I have dark hair they worked fine and I could feel and see virtually no white residue.
This one has a really wet formula and it feels like I have sprayed like clay in my hair. I cannot stand the feeling, I would rather the feel of greasy hair than the feel of the Tresemme dry shampoo.The smell is not the nicest either, and I cant say that I really notice that it takes away the greasy look, it just makes my hair feel gross.
Overall I hate this stuff, the Batiste dry shampoo is 100 times better and I am definitely going back to it, I will probably never use this stuff again.