October 25, 2014 | 1050 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by digitalnorth13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product.
Was debating whether to buy/go for Jane Iredale but a representive sampled the foundation on me and I converted.
She gave me a hand mirror and pushed me toward the natural light and I was blown away! No caked look, eveness and absolutely subtle.
I also bought the intensive eye treatement and lip balm and am in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by LisaRFlower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gives super high coverage for a powder foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by shaniah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage and finish are flawless, but Blush Medium washed me out and I exchanged it for a Golden Medium which is a bit dark. I have dry skin, but the foundation doesn't overly accentuate dry areas if I'm careful. I dab on just a bit at a time with my brush, over a primer.
EDIT: After 2-3 weeks of use, it tends to dry out my skin and it is more noticeable with winter settling in, and I'm still not completely happy with the colour. Luckily, my friend likes it enough to buy it off me. Still highly recommend this brand though!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by sweetdee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

initially, i got to try the foundation with the starter's kit. after i finished that one, i went back and repurchased.

i dont know if the formula changed or what, but it made me look gray and the color just didn't work even though the SA helped me out.

i ended up giving it to someone else. when i go back and look at pictures from when i used the one in the starter's kit, my face looks very nice, as if i'm not wearing any foundation. i wish i could look like that again. im wary of purchasing again cuz i'm not sure what went wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by BlueNite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love almost everything about this product. The pressed powder cuts down on the wasted product all over my bathroom vanity, the coverage is great, I love that it has SPF, and it does work as a concealer as well with a small brush.

However, I can't use it if I'm going somewhere where I'll be warm, and its just not wearable at all for me in the summertime. Like lots of folks, I have a reaction to the bismuth in this product. If I perspire at all, I start to get this stinging sensation on my face. Once I've used this up, I'll have to switch to something else. So sad :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lterrell1961

This is THE BEST mineral make up I have tryed. I recommend this product highly. Much much better than Bare Minerals. It is worth the money and actually saves you money because you don't need mineral veil to go over the minerals. I couldn't believe the difference between the to. Definetly worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by aplend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i wanted to like this SO bad. it was recommended to me by a few people. it has good coverage but it made me oilier than any other foundation ive tried for some reason. i gave it a fair chance and actually repurchased it (thats how bad i wanted to like it haha). i found it ran out pretty quick though and like i said, oily mess.
great packaging and love the chisel brush. would recommend to dry skinned people for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by tempezt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like how this product looks, and I like the idea of mineral makeup, but it breaks me out. I had nice CLEAR cheeks before putting this on them. I wore this powder for a month and needless to say, I got tons of little bumps on my cheeks. Now, I went to the Shoppers I bought it from and the lady said I might be having a reaction to the brush (which i despise) so it's possible. I dont recommend it at all. Im going to let my skin clear up and I'm going to try to use it again with a regular powder brush. Hopefully it works.

I want to say that I put this powder into Cosmeticdatabase.com and the report is :

PUR MINERALS 4-IN-1 PRESSED MINERAL FOUNDATION
last updated: 11/02/09 brand: by SCORE 2
low hazard (out of 10)

82%
data gap

Ingredients from packaging: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides
Directions from packaging: Dip the Chisel Makeup Brush into your 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation. Draw circles with your makeup brush in the lid of the compact. Dust mineral makeup on your face in downward strokes.

2/10 is pretty good.. so I really want to try it again. I'll update later.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Brittina923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was in the market for some mineral makeup so I went to my local Ulta to get z color match. I tried Bare Essentuals first and it was too powdery and made me look ghostly to the MUA recommended Pur Minerals PPF in deep. I really like it a lot. It evens out my skin very well and gives me a warm glow.

my only gripe is that after wearing it everyday for a month it broke me out slightly, however it may have been because my brush was dirty because I never had an issue with it again. Also if you are heavy with application it will show up in your pictures. I sometimes look ghostly/powdery in pics but that can be solved by using it on top of a liquid foundation or by using less product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Gvibez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a month now and I think it's worked pretty well with my skin.

Pros:
I'm a medium dark and it is a perfect match to my skin color
It gives me a nice glow and does not irritate my skin
It doesn't feel like I'm wearing any foundation
I love how it is a pressed powder and not a loose powder. It makes it much easier to travel with because there is no mess.

Cons:
It unfortunately doesn't do anything to cover up my acne scars and pimples so a good concealer is definitely needed.
I do have to reapply one or two times during the day

This is the best foundation I have had so far and I will definitely buy again.