Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My Holy grail of mineral power foundation and I've used them all! This has great coverage and lasts. I use a Kabuki brush(short and full) to put it o. This is the one product that I always go back to time and time again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased the "split fan" foundation about a month ago and broke out with cystic acne and whiteheads (purminerals.com). I have combination skin and have never broken out like this before. This was definitely not worth the $25.00 i had shelled out for it ! I also cleanse my face twice a day to remove all my make up and dirt, this powder is so thick it clogs your pores and makes your skin oily.
I am planning to return it and ask for a refund. I think i will stick to using concealer and a drug store mineral veil, it's cheaper and does not break me out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. It's mineral which means it won't make my skin break out, and it's also pressed which makes it not as messy and easier to travel with than loose minerals. When used with a flat top brush and buffed in it makes your skin look flawless. My only complaint is the small color selection. I've been using a color that is too pale for me for years but the next color up has a yellow undertone which looks bizarre on me, and the next one after that is way too dark.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

How is it that I generally hate the products that get the best reviews? I have tried several brands of mineral make up and so far Pur minerals has been the worst one for me. Of course I loved it when I tried it in the store. I thought it was a great color match, gave great coverage and I loved that it was a pressed powder. It was also night time and the lighting was poor. The next morning I applied it before work and still thought it was marvelous. When I got to work I took a quick look at myself in the mirror on my car visor. I was surprised to see the shine on my face. I have found shine to be a problem with all the MMU's I have tried but this was the worst offender yet. I went in to work feeling somewhat disappointed. A couple of hours later I went outside and checked my face again. HORRIFIC!! Not only was my face a greasy shiny mess, it was Orange!! and the makeup was wearing off in splotches and it was still morning. Yikes! I couldn't wait for the day to end so I could come home and wash that crap off of my face.

I hate to say it because I know there a lot of bare minerals haters out there but bare minerals is still my favourite mineral make up. Smashbox comes in at a close second, followed by Merle Norman. Pur doesn't even merit being on my list. I know a lot of people love it but it just didn't work out for me at all.

This was the second mineral foundation that I'd used. I have combination skin, and get oily on my forehead and cheeks, and i found that this foundation made my face much oilier than usual. I also noticed that when I stopeed using it my face started clearing up. I liked how it was so compact; it was very easy to throw in my makeup bag, however it did not come with a large amount of powder and I ran out within the frst month. I also loved the coverage that it gave me, but I don't think that it is the right foundation for me. I bought Pur Minerals twice, and I don't think I'll be buying it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

(More like 3 1/2) It's a decent mineral powder. 4 in 1 is moderately priced for a mineral foundation, has a good range of colors, and doesn't give you that fake overly matte look. The coverage is light to medium and buildable, BUT and here comes the cons... the sheen that keeps the powder from looking too matte can give you a somewhat metallic/grayish sheen so you have take that into consideration before buying. Lastly, my biggest gripe with this product is that it transfers LIKE CRAZY! The slightest touch can leave a lovely brown spot on any blouse. Don't embarrass yourself, give handshakes skip hugs

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I like this product so far but I only use it when I am in a rush (cuz it's fast and easy to apply with a kabuki brush). The reason I don't use it often is because I find the coverage is not so great, light to medium, and if I put too much, it looks extremely cakey and accentuate my pores. I also have to reapply it often because I apply very little so keep it look natural and it fades very fast; let say about two or three hours I have to reapply it on my T-zone.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great product.
Was debating whether to buy/go for Jane Iredale but a representive sampled the foundation on me and I converted.
She gave me a hand mirror and pushed me toward the natural light and I was blown away! No caked look, eveness and absolutely subtle.
I also bought the intensive eye treatement and lip balm and am in love!

This gives super high coverage for a powder foundation.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The coverage and finish are flawless, but Blush Medium washed me out and I exchanged it for a Golden Medium which is a bit dark. I have dry skin, but the foundation doesn't overly accentuate dry areas if I'm careful. I dab on just a bit at a time with my brush, over a primer.
EDIT: After 2-3 weeks of use, it tends to dry out my skin and it is more noticeable with winter settling in, and I'm still not completely happy with the colour. Luckily, my friend likes it enough to buy it off me. Still highly recommend this brand though!