Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 12/16/2009 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

(More like 3 1/2) It's a decent mineral powder. 4 in 1 is moderately priced for a mineral foundation, has a good range of colors, and doesn't give you that fake overly matte look. The coverage is light to medium and buildable, BUT and here comes the cons... the sheen that keeps the powder from looking too matte can give you a somewhat metallic/grayish sheen so you have take that into consideration before buying. Lastly, my biggest gripe with this product is that it transfers LIKE CRAZY! The slightest touch can leave a lovely brown spot on any blouse. Don't embarrass yourself, give handshakes skip hugs

on 12/9/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I like this product so far but I only use it when I am in a rush (cuz it's fast and easy to apply with a kabuki brush). The reason I don't use it often is because I find the coverage is not so great, light to medium, and if I put too much, it looks extremely cakey and accentuate my pores. I also have to reapply it often because I apply very little so keep it look natural and it fades very fast; let say about two or three hours I have to reapply it on my T-zone.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great product.
Was debating whether to buy/go for Jane Iredale but a representive sampled the foundation on me and I converted.
She gave me a hand mirror and pushed me toward the natural light and I was blown away! No caked look, eveness and absolutely subtle.
I also bought the intensive eye treatement and lip balm and am in love!

on 11/23/2009 7:18:00 PM

This gives super high coverage for a powder foundation.

on 11/21/2009 3:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The coverage and finish are flawless, but Blush Medium washed me out and I exchanged it for a Golden Medium which is a bit dark. I have dry skin, but the foundation doesn't overly accentuate dry areas if I'm careful. I dab on just a bit at a time with my brush, over a primer.
EDIT: After 2-3 weeks of use, it tends to dry out my skin and it is more noticeable with winter settling in, and I'm still not completely happy with the colour. Luckily, my friend likes it enough to buy it off me. Still highly recommend this brand though!

on 11/8/2009 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

initially, i got to try the foundation with the starter's kit. after i finished that one, i went back and repurchased.

i dont know if the formula changed or what, but it made me look gray and the color just didn't work even though the SA helped me out.

i ended up giving it to someone else. when i go back and look at pictures from when i used the one in the starter's kit, my face looks very nice, as if i'm not wearing any foundation. i wish i could look like that again. im wary of purchasing again cuz i'm not sure what went wrong.

on 11/8/2009 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love almost everything about this product. The pressed powder cuts down on the wasted product all over my bathroom vanity, the coverage is great, I love that it has SPF, and it does work as a concealer as well with a small brush.

However, I can't use it if I'm going somewhere where I'll be warm, and its just not wearable at all for me in the summertime. Like lots of folks, I have a reaction to the bismuth in this product. If I perspire at all, I start to get this stinging sensation on my face. Once I've used this up, I'll have to switch to something else. So sad :(

on 11/6/2009 5:58:00 PM

This is THE BEST mineral make up I have tryed. I recommend this product highly. Much much better than Bare Minerals. It is worth the money and actually saves you money because you don't need mineral veil to go over the minerals. I couldn't believe the difference between the to. Definetly worth the money.

on 11/2/2009 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i wanted to like this SO bad. it was recommended to me by a few people. it has good coverage but it made me oilier than any other foundation ive tried for some reason. i gave it a fair chance and actually repurchased it (thats how bad i wanted to like it haha). i found it ran out pretty quick though and like i said, oily mess.
great packaging and love the chisel brush. would recommend to dry skinned people for sure!

on 10/31/2009 2:29:00 PM

I really like how this product looks, and I like the idea of mineral makeup, but it breaks me out. I had nice CLEAR cheeks before putting this on them. I wore this powder for a month and needless to say, I got tons of little bumps on my cheeks. Now, I went to the Shoppers I bought it from and the lady said I might be having a reaction to the brush (which i despise) so it's possible. I dont recommend it at all. Im going to let my skin clear up and I'm going to try to use it again with a regular powder brush. Hopefully it works.

I want to say that I put this powder into Cosmeticdatabase.com and the report is :

PUR MINERALS 4-IN-1 PRESSED MINERAL FOUNDATION
last updated: 11/02/09 brand: by SCORE 2
low hazard (out of 10)

82%
data gap

Ingredients from packaging: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides
Directions from packaging: Dip the Chisel Makeup Brush into your 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation. Draw circles with your makeup brush in the lid of the compact. Dust mineral makeup on your face in downward strokes.

2/10 is pretty good.. so I really want to try it again. I'll update later.