July 29, 2014 | 1887 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2003 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Desiree11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff was such crap. It took forever to wait for the lipstick itself to dry and it's hard to get off. I almost had to scrub it off my lips. It wasn't shiney at all. I'll stick to regular lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2003 7:38:00 PM More reviews by lauryn_belonio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not sure this product even deserves the standard one lippie. I don't remember the name of mine, but it's a bronzey, copper tone. When I put the liquid lipcolor on, it honestly felt as if I was smearing tempera paint all over my lips. It dried really fast and it got really cakey. When i smiled you could see all the little lines in my lips...gross. So then I applied the moisturizing gloss over top and it did nothing. It didn't make my lips shiny or help to make the liquid lip color more blended. I removed it right away so I don't know if it lasts a long time. Overall I was very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2003 3:07:00 AM More reviews by strangelittlegirl20

It does stay on, but after about an hour, it starts to wear and flake towards the inside of the lips. So if you don't mind touching it up a little every now and then, it's good stuff. I have learned that the key to this is all in how you apply it. Let it set completely without rubbing, and avoid movement of the mouth for about 3 minutes. And apply the top coat continuously to keep it moist and wet looking. I will buy it again untill I find something that doesn't flake.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2003 11:47:00 PM More reviews by HotGirl30

This is a great lippie!

Love "Stay-on-bronze"
and "Cafe-Laste".

Wish there were other more- natural shades to choose from.

Some shades are just really out-there or just don't look right on!

All in all I give it a 4! :)

UPDATE: Blush Pearl is also a very nice color. Usually use a little OVER Cafe' Laste'. Very nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2003 8:40:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

Well, this stuff does last fairly well. It kind of... flakes and cracks when it starts to wear off though, which is annoying. I actually don't think I like lipstick that lasts this long- I often like to switch during the day and since I've never found a really exciting color in this line, I tend to start wanting it off after a few hours. Definitely not excited by the color selection, at least not the last time I looked, but I might have to try the Pearl line. If I found a color I liked it might be worth fussing with. (I wish they'd not packaged the moisture stuff separately- too much purse clutter.) EDIT: The pearl line is way better, more natural looking and less peely/flaky. Blush Pearl was very, very good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2003 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Whammy

I love this product! Goes on smooth, stays on without drying like certain other liquid lipcolors. Great for layering on top of regular lipstick for a long wearing, sexy, sophisticated look. Only complaint: Fav color
"Always Rouge" discontinued! No
fuschia or grape, otherwise great colors and they add new each season.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2003 12:07:00 AM More reviews by muku

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried Canyon--a bit too brown for my light complexion. Staying power was great though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2003 12:35:00 PM More reviews by rola51

I use this in Cafe Laste (nice, medium brown), in the winter and also Iced Mauve (shimmery, pinkish brown) in the summer. I started using these because I love to wear lipstick, but have a toddler, so keeping the lipstick on during the day, plus with someone touching your face all the time, I really needed something that would stay on. Plus, I don't like re-touching my lipstick a lot, but am one of those people that ALWAYS wants that fresh-lipstick look. I intially tried these kind of lipsticks a long time ago when they had that severe flaking/caking/drying effect. I have found this to have incredible staying power, and after a couple of hits and misses, found two great colors. I go easy on the gloss that comes with it, because I found that it'll look too glossy, and a little unnatural, so I just use a little, so it gives it a little sheen (and gets rid of the dryness from when you first put it on) so it just looks like a normal lipstick. I also use a medium brown lipliner with this - after it dries. Even when I can't get to using the gloss again, I like the fact that it still stays on my lips. Every now and then during the winter or whenever, my lips will get a little dry, but if I exfoliate, or use a toothbrush on my lips, I'm fine. I really can't go back to using regular lipstick now. There are usually coupons for this, otherwise, I just look for sales, because it's a little pricey for Cover Girl. The packaging is the usual mediocre Cover Girl look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2003 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Diamonds

I am on the fence on this one. I just played tennis today for 2 hrs, and by 30 min into the practice, it was flaking off, and horror of horrors, by the time I mozied back to my car, my lips had a lovely ring of bright red around them :(
NOT A GOOD LOOK! LOL!
I know that this isn't made for tennis playing of course, but I at LEAST expected it to last a little longer than it did!

I must say though, there are certain colors that seem to wear longer-and application is EVERYTHING! If you don't wait long enough to lick your lips, or smack them together, you have a mess, which probably contributes to the flaking

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2003 12:01:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

Outlast really does stay put. I used to avoid lipstick because I'm such a clutz about smudging it, but not with this stuff.

I can't wear it everyday because it is so drying. BUT the unexpected benefit of using this product was that it cured my lip balm dependence! If you're like this, you know what I'm talking about - you're lips stop producing natural emollients and *cannot* go a day without lip balm. Using Outlast fixed that! I like the "Naturalist" and "Cinnamon Stick" colors. Overall, a good buy, but I will be trying some of the other long-lasting lip colors to see if I can find one that I can wear every day.

UPDATE - I've discovered The Body Shop's lip stain. It's not opaque like Outlast, and only has 3 shades, but it is WAY more natural-looking, comfortable and non-drying. I'll still use Outlast for a bolder "done-up" look.