Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

3.1

on 1/4/2004 5:51:00 AM

Yuck! It made my lips peel and its VERY HARD TO TAKE OFF. Even with those makeup removing cloths. It made my lips so chapped and nasty. I would not buy this product again!

on 12/30/2003 5:02:00 PM

I have outlast lipstick in candy cane. Its a bright red with shimmery flecks. I am a big fan of natural lips, but I was intrigued by this lip color. When applying I put a drop on my lips and blot, blot, blot. Then I apply a clear gloss. The end result is a look of a light berry lip gloss/stain. Very natural.

on 12/29/2003 10:15:00 PM

I own three of these now (returned one awful colour, Sandstone, a bland brown) - Dawn till Dusk (bright neutral pink), Forever Fawn (lovely light pink nude), and Malt Pearl (slightly nude pink with frost). Personally, I actually prefer the matte formula simply because frosted lip colours often look strange on me. The pearl formula is lighter and thinner, so that's something to keep in mind. With liberal application of the topcoat the glossy creamy formula looks great. I'm loving these lipsticks for days when I'm busy and don't want to be touching up, but still want perfect "lipsticky" lips. I actually like the two-tube packaging too, because I can choose to take just the topcoat with me without bringing the colour along as well (I've only ever needed to touch up the colour coat once). Also, with other longlasting lipsticks I've run out of topcoat long before colour coat, and with this design any topcoat will go with any colour. I think that's great. The secret to this stuff is frequent topcoat application and choosing the right colour. I'd recommend a nude (read shade reviews before buying, I learned this the hard way!) since if you do have any problems with the wear they will show with an unnatural shade. Two more hints: smooth on with a fingertip, and remove with an armload of Vaseline :)

on 12/27/2003 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product was pretty good. I got it in permapink and I really like it. It is very sheer and has gold flecks in it. Very cute! It didn't last ALL day but it did last longer then any other lipstick I have ever had. It did not dry out my lips but if you have very dry lips you should probably just stick to lip balm.

on 12/17/2003 3:31:00 PM

Awful stuff. My lips dried up instantly after one use. I had to use moisturizer on my lips for two days after using this once. Not worth it at any price.

on 12/17/2003 3:51:00 AM

This is the lipstick I use every every day as my base colour. I have the colour canyon. I think this neutral and subtle colour works well on asian skin. I will apply this first and then apply lipgloss or other light moisturizing lipsticks on top. Although my lips will get extremely dry, I counter the dryness by using a generous dollop of carmex every night. The lipstick does last for a very very long time. Its great ! I am on my 6th tube and will be purchasing my 7th tube very soon.

on 12/14/2003 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am surprised by the wide range of comments. I did lots of research and tried lots of products and this is my favorite. My only complaint is that I had to try 6-8 colors to find the one I like. That is blush pearl. The way it looks in the package or the name is not how it looks when applied. I like being able to eat, drink, go allover and it still looks good. There are often coupons or sales on the product so it can be purchased very reasonably compared to other products. I don't care about packaging just the function of the product.

This lipcolor is really horrible. It forms this stiff, hard coating over your lips, much like paint might. It sucks all the moisture out of your lips, instantly. You can actually feel, and see, your lips shriveling once you put this stuff on. The gloss doesn't help either. It just strips the color of its lasting power. And just like all other long lasting lipsticks, the shades lack vibrance.

on 12/1/2003 10:26:00 AM

This is the best ever! Sometimes I still have it on in the morning (scary!). I put it on, add another coat and am good to go for at least eight hours. I tend toward the brown tones as the pinks get too pink on me. Add the topcoat every now and then and you will love the way it stays.

on 11/30/2003 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A trick that works for me to prevent that dry, cakey coating is to put on the color coat, wait about 30 seconds then gently blot with a tissue. Let dry completely and use the glosser to set it. I don't even have to reapply the glosser, although as with all lipsticks it feels better to have that moisture.

Recommended for Medium Skin