Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 9/11/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Hate it. Anything that does not hold a curl for me automatically gets a 1. My eyelashes lost their curl in 1 minute. And I know it's not my technique since my MaxFac volume couture holds my curl,lengthens, and thickens much better than this. Will continue on my hunt to replace my beloved MaxFac mascaras :(( PS I have Asian lashes, so Asians...skip this product.

on 9/7/2009 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I came across this because it was on sale for under 5 bucks. I thought why not. I saw all the great reviews on here and thought I'll give it a try. I love and want my mascara to give me false eyelashes. This one is better than a lot of mascaras but this just isn't for me. It gives a nice dark black color and makes my lashes look very long and defined. But, not enough volume for my eyelashes and I know I put on 4 or 5 coats but this starts to look spider lash. I am still on a hunt for the ultimate mascara. So far the only one that has come close is my MAC plush lash!

on 9/6/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been a 2000 Calorie devotee for years, but I hear Max Factor is abandoning the U.S. next year, so I'm shopping for a new favorite. This was the first one I tried, and probably will be the last. I have almost NO lashes, and what I do have are very pale and invisible. This stuff is actually better than 2000 calorie. It actually makes me look like I have lashes, and if I keep on layering, I can get the the "false lashes" look, but in a good, non-clumpy way. This is a excellent mascara and a bargain! edit 6/27/15. Went to voluminous for a while, now back to this,still great!

on 8/30/2009 12:25:00 AM

What I love about this mascara is that it doesn't give me the racoon eyes. A lot of mascaras out there gives me more volume than this, but they smudges on me so bad that I just couldn't wear them. This mascara doesn't give me the volume that I was hoping for. It's more of a natural looking mascara...nothing special about it. This mascara dries up in the tube too quickly. I think it only last about two weeks after I opened it. Maybe I got a bad tube or something....

on 8/13/2009 9:50:00 PM

Hmmm...I like this mascara and only picked it up because of the reviews here. The packaging is crap, but that's OK. I'd rather have a good formula and crap packaging than the other way around. I bought black, and if I had to do it again I would get very black. You need a couple of coats of this to get to black, otherwise it is gray. It doesn't clump and washes off easily. It won't give you thick lashes from the get go, but does provide a fast drying formula so you can layer, and that's the key to this mascara.

on 8/10/2009 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a product that I saw a gal wearing and was so impressed that I had to ask what she was using... since then this has been my mascara for years now and is by far the best I have tried, especially for the price. Has a dramatic true black color that doesn't look ashy in the sun, doesn't flake during normal daily wear, and doesn't streak due to my oily skin.

I have thin eyelashes with almost no volume and before had issues finding a mascara that had the perfect consistency to thicken my lashes while still providing length. This will give me the appearance of long lashes with some volume and an almost false lash look. I tend to wear two coats and my lashes hold in place and keep volume without issue. (I apply a very sparse first coat, just enough to separate my lashes and build a little volume. Then when that is partially dry I brush the mascara mainly at the base to add more dimension and extra support for the volume).

With this being so cheap, I really recommend that it is tested!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm pleasantly surprised by this product because it gives me similar
Volume as high end brands would (diorshow or lancome mascaras) but
For only three dollars instead of 27 or so. I got this from target for $2.99
Which is incredible. Reminds me of maybelline full n soft cause my lashes
Are not crisp and brittle.
I think it flakes a little but only if you itch your eye. Gentle for contact
Wearers. Volume is great. Length is decent, not fantastic. Doesn't hold
A curl like I would like (straight asian lashes). I wish they made a waterproof
Formula.
I like this one better than covergirl professional all in one mascara (the blue
Tube) if super thick lash held a better curl.

UPDATEDDD:
so i've used this stuff for some time now and i really really like it. i get the same results from this as i do diorshow and lancome. if not better -- cause the curl actually stays throughout the day and my lashes are not brittle. soft and gentle. i think i found the mascara for me cause its so cheap. i'm always going to repurchase. i might just try out the purple one too

on 8/10/2009 1:32:00 PM

I bought this mascara on a whim for I think 3 or 4 dollars and I am very pleasantly surprised. I have barely-there eyelashes and this makes them look very plush and much thicker. I apply 2 coats and also put it on my lower lashes and doesn't smudge at all for me, neither does it clump. The packaging is really cute and more importantly, very neat and sanitary; no mess. This is a great mascara for basically a dirt cheap price. I would definitley buy again.

on 8/10/2009 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is the mascara I've tried. At least, it looks like this.

The wand is pretty basic, nothing different about it compared to every other normal mascara wand.

The formula is alright, it stays. It doesn't smudge until like three hours into the day, so I think that's good enough for me.

I don't like how clumpy it can get though, that is probably what I like the least. I don't have time to de-clump cheap ineffective mascara.

It holds a curl really well!
I really like how it looks like I'm basically wearing fake eyelashes when I'm using this.

The only thing I can't stand is that it ALSO literally makes me look like I'm wearing fake eyelashes. (As in guys could tell I'm wearing makeup because the clumpy-ness aand somewhat awkward angle of curling my eyelashes after using the mascara... which is a bad idea.)

But I like it for it's price, it's a little better than average Cover Girl mascaras, so I'll give it a decent rating.

on 8/9/2009 7:25:00 PM

For being $3.88 at Walmart, I like this. This was my first favorite mascara before I discovered high end stuff. My fave is DiorShow Blackout but when I cant afford it I reverted to buying Lash Blast. I decided to try this again, its like half the price of lash blast..... The wand is long which im not used to but definitely not as flimsy as some other ds mascaras such as Rimmell. This mascara actually gives me a little bit of a curl and is very black if you get the darkest one....and it thickens for sure!!.it'll definitely buy again as it is one of the only drugstore mascaras I like. However, they seem to be hit or miss. Ive opened a new one and had it be amazing, then the next time i went to buy it, it seemed dried out and meh....so i dont know, i think ill try lash exact next:)