BeneFit Cosmetics Coralista

4.2

Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Polyethylene, Ethyl Hexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lecithin, Fragrance, Red 7 Lake, Aluminium Hydroxide, Carmine, Red 30 Lake, Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Retinyl Palmitate, Limonene, Ultramarines.

This is a pretty color, but there are two things that I can not get over on this. First, the smell...it smells like old lady perfume. I have never used a blush with this heavy of a scent. Second, the color, while pretty, just skews uber orangey on my NW20 skin. At first it looks ok, but then goes very orangey. I definitely need some more pink in my blushes. The color alone would have made me rate this a 3 lippie (average). But that scent forces me to drop it down to a 2. I don't remember anyone mentioning the scent as an issue from the reviews I had glanced at over the years. But it was the first thing I noticed with it. It was just too much for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful blush. It looked great on my fair complexion whereas I don't normally suit coral blushes.

But, why the low rating? The ingredients! I broke out after my first use. I stuck with it for a week and sure enough I had a bunch of small pimples all over my cheeks and nowhere else. I don't get breakouts anymore so it was definately down to this blush.

For such a high priced item Benefit should be using better ingredients.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received a deluxe mini of CORALista as a sephora 100 pt Beauty Insider perq (short for perquisite). I've never purchased a benefit blush, because in their boxes they all look far too intense for me, except dandelion, which looks too pale. But i've read good things about them, and this gave me the opportunity to check one out.

After letting my primer and foundation set a while, i lightly brushed some CORALista high on my cheekbones -- never on the apples of *my* cheeks. And i was amazed! Rather than looking clownishly bright on my fair skin (between 15 & 20 on the MAC scale), it added nice sheer warmth with a slight hint of highlighting shimmer. And it lasted for at least 6 hours.

True, in the box, CORALista looks like a POW! of coral red-orange with golden frost/shimmer, but the coverage really is quite controllable. It can go on sheer, giving a soft pinky-peach glow, as i prefer on my pale skin, without too much shimmer and, thankfully, NO glitter! And it is buildable, if someone wants more color and shimmer. Most of the other benefit products i've tried have been less than satisfactory. But CORALisata is surprisingly good!

It is similar to NARS Orgasm (which has a bit more golden shimmer), but there is nearly twice as much CORALista (.28 oz) as there is in a NARS blush compact (.16 oz) and for nearly the same price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just love benefit blushes! This is a great coral with gold shimmer. Perfect for fair complexions.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a 100pt perk from Sephora. The packaging is just a plastic tray-type thing, not awesome, but its not actually a full-size product, so I didn't expect much.

The colour is pretty. It works well as a pseudo-bronzer on my pale skin, since bronzer is a little much for me. The formula blends well, and the brush picks up lots of product. It is a coral colour (obviously) with gold shimmer.

The only reason why it doesn't get 5 lippies is that there is a little too much gold shimmer in it for me. That gives it a little more of a sheen than I want.

Love, love, love this product!

I think it's the perfect blush for summer. It has this warm, peachy glow that is just right for people who don't like bronzers. I get a sunkissed glow without struggling with bronzer application.

The only time I don't wear this blush is in winter, when I prefer the look of benetint. The rest of the year, this blusher is in my bag and goes wherever I do.

Although I find cardboard packaging cheap and frail, I love the quality of this blusher. It is subtle and just us strong as
I want it for my very light skin. I really feel I can control and blend it easily, since blusher application seemed always a bit difficult to me (most blushers seem too dark or too vivid for me, I prefer the sheer ones). Pigmentation is also very satisfactory. I think will stick to this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I resisted this for a long time because I prefer coolish pinks on my NC20-25 skin. This is so LOVELY! It's a very glowy peachy pink - quite a beautiful glow actually. It's sheer but buildable and blends like butter. It's hard to overdo it. It does not darken throughout the day (unlike WnW, as an example) so don't be afraid to go a little heavier than normal. This does amazing things to my complexion in the summer. Not sure about this one for winter though, I prefer the cool pinks at that time of year. Right now this is perfect, especially since I hate bronzer. This gives a warm peachy glow without any bronze. Not a lot of shimmer on my skin, more glow than shimmer. Could be because I'm on the dry side.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have become a massive fan of BeneFit boxed powders and I would now choose them any day over any other brand - and I own quite a few brands from Chanel and Nars to Urban Decay and Body Shop. Until purchasing Coralista, I was a fan of Nars Orgasm blush but it was never quite perfect for me. Orgasm is a stunning colour but I wanted that same shade...but less strong. I'd known Coralista had been around for ages but had never really considered it. And then during a shopping trip to Selfridges, I found myself at the BeneFit counter and I swatched it...and I adored it straight away. I bought it and never looked back. I own both Nars Orgasm and Deep Throat and neither have seen the light of day since I bought Coralista! The thing I adore about the BeneFit boxed powders is their blendability. They're the only blushes I own where it is pretty much impossible to overdo them. They're incredibly buildable, yet I never end up with any harsh lines. Coralista is probably my favourite - the perfect shade of pinky-peach with just enough shimmer. The shimmer is much finer than the shimmer in Nars Orgasm as well, which can almost look glittery if you overdo it. I have since purchased Bella Bamba and SugarBomb and neither have disappointed me and have the same qualities as Coralista, although I think Coralista will always be my ultimate fave!

I looove this blush!!!
I think the color is lovely, very natural, with the perfect mixture of "glowiness" and pigmentation. I also love the smell, kind of fruity and tropical - and I have to say, I'm kind of hard to please when it comes to makeup that smells, but this one is very subtle and fresh.
I have a medium skin tone NW30 and I think this blush is perfect. Love it :)

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products