October 24, 2014 | 1685 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'll have to redo this review as well.. I initially didn't like this product.. Mainly because of the tip. It had this weird string at the end. I tried clipping it to make it even with the rest of the end, and initially, it didn't work. Well, weeks later (I'm not sure what happened between then and now) I grabbed this on accident because it looks identical to Revlon's Colorstay Pen, and it actually worked fairly well. I was surprised because I don't like Revlon's pen at all. The "black" isn't black at all.. It's this light grey.. unless you hold it at a weird angle, in which you don't get the precision you need.. But anyway, I was going through my purse after the fact and came across the Revlon pen.. and was like, Woah.. If this wasn't what I was using.... What WAS I using? It was the ELF pen, I once hated. The only thing I don't care for with this, and it could just be me... Is that it is no where NEAR waterproof. My eyes water a lot.. And even after it's been set for quite a while, the tiniest bit of moisture completely removes it.. and does simply wiping it with your finger removes it. Now, I understand that if you rub the eyeliner, it's bound to smudge at the least.. But this stuff completely comes off, just like a normal eyeliner (non water proof) would. So, I would NOT repurchase this item unless they reformulated it to be a true waterproof item.. But if they gave it more staying power, I definitely would.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BBrazilian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked the design of this pen. Very easy to use, but that is where the good points end! The contents dry out within a couple of uses of this eyeliner. The first time I used it, I got quite a nice deep colour. However a few hours later, part of the line was fading off and what was left looked terrible. Wanting to give this item a fair go, I tried it again the next day and found that the pen did not draw as well as the previous day (it had dried out) and the staying power was no better than the previous day either. A cheap product that behaves like a cheap product. Don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i actually really like this :) took me a few times to get used to the tip but now i got the hang of it i really like it. i can make any kind of line i want. from extremely thin to really thick. i often wear it to work and then out after and when i come home it hasn't smudged what so ever. its so inexpensive and works really well. so i would say try it out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Binky15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really love this, BUT with one exception. The staying power absolutely sucks unless you use some sort of a primer. Also, the black isn't like "omg that's dark black" it's more of a soft black. But it applies so amazingly. It's honestly the easiest to use eyeliner I have ever owned.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Isabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this eyeliner in black and I've only used it twice. So far I love it, very pigmented, not too glossy and the application is super easy, although the tip is a bit thick so you need to be careful. It lasted all night on my super oily eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by xnightstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally use gel liner but this eyeliner pen works really well! It is easy to apply a straight line and wing it out. The price is really cheap but the downside to this is that it flakes a bit after a REALLY long day. meaning it lasts pretty long for a dollar.
Compared to the other eyeliner pens, this is the best when comparing price and quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by royal_bee17

I actually think this is a you get what you paid for product. Firstly with the packaging, I STRUGGLE just to get the cap off. I have a feeling it's just mine though. The brush is a bit scratchy as others have mentioned. The packaging suggests storing it upside down so it can become more saturated, and it works. Except, whichever eye you do first will come out darker, considering all the product goes on that eye Unless you keep it upside down for a while again and then do the other eye. I actually like the color (black) because it doesn't look extremely harsh. It's not gray either, which, is usually the color eyeliner is when it is *not* a harsh black. Overall, it's decent but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another better pen eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by NssjPryncess408

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just picked this up today on a whim..im on an e.l.f. Kick right now so i wanna try it all..I LOVEEEEE IT! I picked up coffee on accident but desperatly needed a liquid eyeliner so i used it..so smooth and the felt tip pen i adore! I have small lids so i tend to use only felt tip liners..and ive found my HG 16$ less the my mac felt tip pen liner that runs out or dries up in a month..for 1$?? Ill take it anyday..stayed all day long on my lids..no flaking or smearing or smudging.i use too faced shadow insurance and it did its just and didnt budge.im going to get more asap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by SarahMaygene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

new improved verison!! longer tip and thinner and darker!
Was deleted (used to be sarah110592)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Kurbiskonigin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in Black, Coffee, and Plum. These "dry out" fast and you have to shake often to get the colour to be even. You have to store these upside-down to keep the tip saturated.

The tip of the pen is crappy. It's solid and hard and can feel scratchy and rough on your lids, a little sharp. But it's felt, and if you're not careful the tip can bent, fray, or break off. If it bends, the application won't be even.

The formula is uneven, sometimes way too thick and sometimes too thin and not enough colour. If you go over your line a couple times, it gets thick and weird. Almost chunky. It can flake off.

The black isn't very black and not very even. Coffee is a bit better, it's a medium brown. Looks like milk-chocolate. Plum is a nice colour but the worst. It goes on the most uneven. Sometimes the colour looks wicked dark, sometimes it's super thin, and it's noticable.

They are waterproof however and work on the waterline if you do it well. However, the product itself is tricky and not even at all.

I really wanted to love these but I just don't. I hardly, if ever, use them. Even for $1 I wouldn't ever buy them again. The formula needs to be more fluid and even.