April 18, 2014 | 1033 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by SarahMaygene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

new improved verison!! longer tip and thinner and darker!
Was deleted (used to be sarah110592)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Kurbiskonigin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in Black, Coffee, and Plum. These "dry out" fast and you have to shake often to get the colour to be even. You have to store these upside-down to keep the tip saturated.

The tip of the pen is crappy. It's solid and hard and can feel scratchy and rough on your lids, a little sharp. But it's felt, and if you're not careful the tip can bent, fray, or break off. If it bends, the application won't be even.

The formula is uneven, sometimes way too thick and sometimes too thin and not enough colour. If you go over your line a couple times, it gets thick and weird. Almost chunky. It can flake off.

The black isn't very black and not very even. Coffee is a bit better, it's a medium brown. Looks like milk-chocolate. Plum is a nice colour but the worst. It goes on the most uneven. Sometimes the colour looks wicked dark, sometimes it's super thin, and it's noticable.

They are waterproof however and work on the waterline if you do it well. However, the product itself is tricky and not even at all.

I really wanted to love these but I just don't. I hardly, if ever, use them. Even for $1 I wouldn't ever buy them again. The formula needs to be more fluid and even.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by chrisssie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is does not work for my eyelids. I have monolids, and I guess they are somewhat oily. This DOES NOT stay put what so ever... and looks like I used a marker on my eyelid since it goes on unevenly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by catherinemariie

I have this in black.

When I first tried this product, I was disgusted. It was like drawing on my eye with an old magic marker...but then again, I wasn't expecting much more for my measly dollar.

So, I heaved a sigh and stuck it in with my other eyeliners...tip down.

The next morning, I tried it again (not wanting to give up on a new product) and was I surprised! Instead of a watery light blue, the line was dark and rich; after a few passes, it was every bit as dark as my Coastal Scents gel eyeliner!

It lasts pretty long, but it tends to smudge a little bit on my very inner corners. Other than that, staying power is just fine! It's actually kind of tough to remove at the end of the day with just a cleanser.

Overall, this is a pretty good product. I don't know if it's my HG or a new staple in my routine, but it's definitely a keeper. Packaging is sleek and compact. I will be repurchasing (as a matter of fact, I already have!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$1 for this? Holy moly amazing! I mostly turn to gel or automatic pencil eye liners because I had an exclusive liquid liner phase for many years and in retrospect, I'm thinking "WTF?" because it looked so harsh.

I picked this up on a whim and pretty much assumed it would result in a "you pay for what you get" type of outcome. Oh how pleasantly surprised I was.
This is a felt tip marker-like eyeliner is unlike my former favorites by Almay and Revlon, the formula of the stuff is actually quite thin, yet moderately pigmented. I used to adore the liquid lines that came with the felt tip applicator in a well, but I would usually end up applying too much of the product so it'd be a thick dried crusty line should I accidentally apply too much. Not an issue with this liquid liner!
It applies very much like flowing ink from a marker, but you know, with more coverage, although this liquid is definitely not jet jet black, it's slightly brownish black, but "black" for all practical purposes.
And staying power - yes it has it! The first few times I used this, I didn't wait for the liner to dry and I proceeded to curl my eyelashes and the product sadly transferred onto the curler. Waiting a few minutes for it to fully set and then dealing with my lashes has made a world of difference.
My eyeliner stayed put throughout the day, with only minimal fading. This didn't fare as well on my watery lower lash line, but that's quite all right - can still deal with gel liner for that.
Packing is sturdy and minimalist. Definitely better than a lot of Wet N Wild products . . .
Overall, very pleased with this product and I will definitely be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought four colors, all the colors except for black (I have too much black eyeliner). Well when I received them the color midnight (navy blue) was dried out, on my hand it came out if I pressed hard enough but at the angle I had to use to get in on my eyes it didn't work. Tried storing it upright but stayed dry so I threw it away. I didn't want to get black but I found that three of the colors (midnight, plum, and ash) all looked black when I applied it which was annoying. The coffee color was a true brown color. Application wise the pens that worked worked well but not enough pigmentation for my liking. Overall I just wanted to try a pen liner so I bought these for a dollar each but I wouldn't buy them again.

EDIT: kept these standing upright like I was recommended to do and one of the colors dried out, while a different one has become too wet. It's so wet that it's too messy to use anymore. Good thing it was only a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by AkiraNakamura

for a one dollar product its really amazing!! it stayed on me all day the long and didn't smudge. It has the same quality as maybelline new york line stiletto which is five dollars.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate it. I bought it because of all the good reviews. It's awful...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pen is awful. The GOOD thing about it is that the tip is nice and makes for an awesome line, but.. that doesn't matter when the formulation sucks tremendously. It smudges immediately.. is NOT waterproof (this is why I gave it one lippie, a TOTAL LIE)... It is not pigmented, unless you wipe your eye on accident and you get a giant black streak on your hand.. Beware ladies. I love E.L.F. but this product is a total disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by shimmersweetie

I received the E.L.F Waterproof Eyeliner Pen as an extra in a swap, and I'm so glad I did! I usually don't have the best of luck with eyeliner pens because they tend to dry out quickly OR don't have enough pigmentation. This one is super black, doesn't flake off, and doesn't have a shiny finish. Makes application SUPER easy for those who don't have a steady hand! :) The ONLY thing I don't like about this eyeliner is the fact that it isn't completely waterproof. But I will not take off a lippie for that, because my eyes are the oiliest eyes EVER and I've never found an eyeliner that lasted all day on me. So honestly, for $1, this one can't be beat! :)