August 27, 2014 | 1859 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Binky15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really love this, BUT with one exception. The staying power absolutely sucks unless you use some sort of a primer. Also, the black isn't like "omg that's dark black" it's more of a soft black. But it applies so amazingly. It's honestly the easiest to use eyeliner I have ever owned.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Isabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this eyeliner in black and I've only used it twice. So far I love it, very pigmented, not too glossy and the application is super easy, although the tip is a bit thick so you need to be careful. It lasted all night on my super oily eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by xnightstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally use gel liner but this eyeliner pen works really well! It is easy to apply a straight line and wing it out. The price is really cheap but the downside to this is that it flakes a bit after a REALLY long day. meaning it lasts pretty long for a dollar.
Compared to the other eyeliner pens, this is the best when comparing price and quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by royal_bee17

I actually think this is a you get what you paid for product. Firstly with the packaging, I STRUGGLE just to get the cap off. I have a feeling it's just mine though. The brush is a bit scratchy as others have mentioned. The packaging suggests storing it upside down so it can become more saturated, and it works. Except, whichever eye you do first will come out darker, considering all the product goes on that eye Unless you keep it upside down for a while again and then do the other eye. I actually like the color (black) because it doesn't look extremely harsh. It's not gray either, which, is usually the color eyeliner is when it is *not* a harsh black. Overall, it's decent but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another better pen eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by NssjPryncess408

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just picked this up today on a whim..im on an e.l.f. Kick right now so i wanna try it all..I LOVEEEEE IT! I picked up coffee on accident but desperatly needed a liquid eyeliner so i used it..so smooth and the felt tip pen i adore! I have small lids so i tend to use only felt tip liners..and ive found my HG 16$ less the my mac felt tip pen liner that runs out or dries up in a month..for 1$?? Ill take it anyday..stayed all day long on my lids..no flaking or smearing or smudging.i use too faced shadow insurance and it did its just and didnt budge.im going to get more asap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by SarahMaygene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

new improved verison!! longer tip and thinner and darker!
Was deleted (used to be sarah110592)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Kurbiskonigin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in Black, Coffee, and Plum. These "dry out" fast and you have to shake often to get the colour to be even. You have to store these upside-down to keep the tip saturated.

The tip of the pen is crappy. It's solid and hard and can feel scratchy and rough on your lids, a little sharp. But it's felt, and if you're not careful the tip can bent, fray, or break off. If it bends, the application won't be even.

The formula is uneven, sometimes way too thick and sometimes too thin and not enough colour. If you go over your line a couple times, it gets thick and weird. Almost chunky. It can flake off.

The black isn't very black and not very even. Coffee is a bit better, it's a medium brown. Looks like milk-chocolate. Plum is a nice colour but the worst. It goes on the most uneven. Sometimes the colour looks wicked dark, sometimes it's super thin, and it's noticable.

They are waterproof however and work on the waterline if you do it well. However, the product itself is tricky and not even at all.

I really wanted to love these but I just don't. I hardly, if ever, use them. Even for $1 I wouldn't ever buy them again. The formula needs to be more fluid and even.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by chrisssie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is does not work for my eyelids. I have monolids, and I guess they are somewhat oily. This DOES NOT stay put what so ever... and looks like I used a marker on my eyelid since it goes on unevenly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by catherinemariie

I have this in black.

When I first tried this product, I was disgusted. It was like drawing on my eye with an old magic marker...but then again, I wasn't expecting much more for my measly dollar.

So, I heaved a sigh and stuck it in with my other eyeliners...tip down.

The next morning, I tried it again (not wanting to give up on a new product) and was I surprised! Instead of a watery light blue, the line was dark and rich; after a few passes, it was every bit as dark as my Coastal Scents gel eyeliner!

It lasts pretty long, but it tends to smudge a little bit on my very inner corners. Other than that, staying power is just fine! It's actually kind of tough to remove at the end of the day with just a cleanser.

Overall, this is a pretty good product. I don't know if it's my HG or a new staple in my routine, but it's definitely a keeper. Packaging is sleek and compact. I will be repurchasing (as a matter of fact, I already have!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$1 for this? Holy moly amazing! I mostly turn to gel or automatic pencil eye liners because I had an exclusive liquid liner phase for many years and in retrospect, I'm thinking "WTF?" because it looked so harsh.

I picked this up on a whim and pretty much assumed it would result in a "you pay for what you get" type of outcome. Oh how pleasantly surprised I was.
This is a felt tip marker-like eyeliner is unlike my former favorites by Almay and Revlon, the formula of the stuff is actually quite thin, yet moderately pigmented. I used to adore the liquid lines that came with the felt tip applicator in a well, but I would usually end up applying too much of the product so it'd be a thick dried crusty line should I accidentally apply too much. Not an issue with this liquid liner!
It applies very much like flowing ink from a marker, but you know, with more coverage, although this liquid is definitely not jet jet black, it's slightly brownish black, but "black" for all practical purposes.
And staying power - yes it has it! The first few times I used this, I didn't wait for the liner to dry and I proceeded to curl my eyelashes and the product sadly transferred onto the curler. Waiting a few minutes for it to fully set and then dealing with my lashes has made a world of difference.
My eyeliner stayed put throughout the day, with only minimal fading. This didn't fare as well on my watery lower lash line, but that's quite all right - can still deal with gel liner for that.
Packing is sturdy and minimalist. Definitely better than a lot of Wet N Wild products . . .
Overall, very pleased with this product and I will definitely be buying again.