April 20, 2014 | 883 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by bex9

5 lippies for around the house deoderizing, 5 lippies for teeth whitening, 5 lippies for hair clarification and yes, 5 lippies as a scrub. Everyone is different and for some this does seem to cause skin irritation, though don't let that scare you off. I also found it to be a little much when used on it's own as a scrub and felt a little raw after, so I highly recommend mixing it with a mild skin cleanser. It makes a huge difference. For sensitive skin days like spectro gel, for breakouts I like tersaseptic clenser. Both are super cheap and work wonders when combined with baking soda. I love to use it in the shower as a facescrub while all my pores are opened, and I can really make sure everything rinses off thoroughly, then I like to follow it up with a dollop of honey and a bit of jojoba oil while I finish washing and conditioning my hair etc. Makes skin glow, and for me it never causes irritation despite the fact that Im currently on accutane and using retin-a micro. I buy this in packs of six boxes from costco for insanely cheap and use it for everything. Works wonders.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by peaceloveandkris

oh my god!
i just used this right now and my face is burning like hell!

i was desperatly searching the internet for a good homemade scrub earlier and i saw a site that said baking soda will make a good scrub. WELL THEYRE WRONG! they said to mix it with water to make a paste form...
how long will it take for the redness to go away???
can someone help me make the burning and the redness go away quick please?! i am actually leaving for the air force tomorrow night and i dont want to be known as the girl with the red face!!!

EDIT: its almost half an hour later and im noticing my zits are WAY smaller and my face is still slighty red and burnt...soo i guess ill give it one more lippie... ill probably use it as an acne treatment though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would NEVER use this on my skin. But for my hair as a clarifier and on my teeth, BS does wonders!! I add about a tablespoon of bs to my shampoo to clarify and it gets all of the build up off nicely and it is not too harsh on my hair compared to clarifying shampoo which completly strips my hair of all moisture. I also love the way it cleans my teeth without irratating my gums. If you have gingivitis, you should def. invest into bs or the new Arm & Hammer baking soda gel. It is just as effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by ShayFL

This really burned my skin. So wont use again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing. Obviously not to be used when your skin is irritated, if you have overly sensitive skin and often. I like to apply Paula's Choice 8% alpha hydroxy gel for about 2 weeks every night (this is usually leading up to a special event), then on the day before, I use this as a scrub (no exfoliating during those two weeks). Depending on the state of my skin I either mix this with my Oxy Face Wash or equal part brown sugar and a bit of warm milk. Follow with an amazing moisturizer and your skin will be glowing the next day (use at night).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by _Vivica

Ok the 5 is not for skincare. I would never ever ever put this on my skin. I don't know where anyone would get the idea that it was a good idea.

But for your teeth. Awesome. Once a week as a whitener, put cold water on your toothbrush and dunk it in the baking soda. Then gently brush while being careful to not grind into gum line. Rinse multiple times with water. Then as a mouth rinse, 1 tablespoon to 3/4 cup of warm water. It really helps to reduce gingivitis. Along with flossing and good brushing, mine completely went away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eeesh, I hate to say it but I used this for about a year as a face scrub....I had been trying to steer away from chemical products and towards natural things so I came across this...I mean it really didn't do anything in particular, but it worked psychologically and made me FEEL like my skin was cleaner since I was literally scrubbing off makeup and dead skin...But overall, my skin was really red and blotchy all that year too....I would recommend investing in a Buf Puf if you wanna avoid chemicals but still get that freshly exfoliated feeling for skin....I won't be going back to this again and my skin's thanking me for it...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh, please listen to the reviewer a few reviews down that advises baking soda should not be used on skin!!
I tried this as an exfoliator, and it dried my skin out totally (I'm flaking!), and half of my face so SO red and irritated. It made my nose MORE oil though, increasing my black heads. I think this happened because my skin was so dried out my oil glands overcompensate by producing too much oil. Basically, it's totally thrown my skin out of whack, and I'm now trying to get it back to normal :-(

But baking soda DOES work to keep teeth white!! just NOT for skin!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by ferarri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For those of you who complained about how harsh and alkaline this product is, please look up Zo Obagi Oxfoliating Polish ingredients list.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by armyg007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not sure who decided that baking soda was good for the face but I highly recommend just purchasing a product with an exfoliater in it or a microdermabrasion. I buy Mary Kay's microderm b/c its not that expensive and I get a lot of uses out of it. Try that instead. I have tons of it so if someone wanted to try it I would be willing to put some in a container for them to try and mail it to them.