December 22, 2014 | 1695 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ias23

this is an all around product.. you can use this on your face, body, hair, teeth, to neutralize odor and for baking purposes..
first of, i use this to neutralize odor on my fridge and room, it is really effective.. then when i read the reviews here i decided to try it on my face as my scrub along with my cetaphil once a week just to exfolate it, and the results are great, it really softens my face until the next day, and it doesnt cause me any irritations or breakouts since i have a sensitive and occassion breakouts on my skin.. i dont use this as my mask coz i have mint julep, and works great for me so no need for that purpose..
i use this as my body scrub along with olive oil or my body wash, and it gives me a glow and a soft skin after shower especially in winter to remove dry patches..
i havent use this on my hair and teeth yet coz i stil have products for those things, but im gonna try it though and i thnk it also give great results..
i also dont use this yet for baking, but yes that is the purpose of this..
overall, i dont have any regrets that i did tried it.. and i will keep using this.. for a super cheap, effective and long lasting product.. nothing can beat this..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by ellarae6

I'd buy this product again for COOKING with, which I think is the whole point of baking soda.
Some loser told me that if you get a really big zit all you need to do is mix a paste of baking soda and water and put it on the offending blemish overnight. I'm sure this works if one doesn't apply the paste 3 nights in a row like I did. This concoction burnt the skin on my face and left me with an open sore and a scar more embarassing than anything a pimple could produce on its own.
So if I ever buy baking soda again it'll be because I'm baking a cake

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

OMG! I thought I was the only one that used this as an exfoliator! I've used this to whiten my teeth for years and I had started using this to exfoliate when I was a teen. I didn't have acne, just random pimples on occasion. Perhaps it was genetics but using the baking soda didn't hurt either.
On the box of baking soda, it has suggestions on how to use it other than deoderizing fridges and baking, one was using it as a skin softener in a bath...so, for those that say they'd NEVER use it on their skin, the manufacturers even say you can. It's awesome, cheap and it leaves your skin absolutely smooth. I keep a container of it in my shower. Use it to scrub but not as a mask and make it into a paste with a cleanser and not just water so it can slide like exfoliators you buy at the store. It's rather drying and may irritate or burn if you leave it on too long. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide is all you need for whiter teeth. Brush with baking soda and rinse with diluted peroxide. Its a bleaching agent and a disinfectant. Its been my little secret for over 20 years now. I don't think I'll be stopping anytime soon...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by susuwatari

I like using Baking Soda as a manual exfoliant, mixed with some gentle facial cleanser like Cetaphil. It does cause irritation if you scrub too hard but that can happen with lots of scrubs so I just go really gently in tiny circles and it works well. I wouldn't use it every day, just when I have flakey patches. To settle the pH of my skin afterwards I just spritz with apple cider vinegar mixed with a little water. Baking soda works just as well as the various different expensive exfoliating washes I have purchased so I will keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by mmchikx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Baking soda is versatile, and soo cheappp!!!
I would never use it on my face - I am afraid of irritation and acne (which I never have, so I don't need a first time with them). However, I do use it for whitening my teeth and oh boy~ it works miracles. I have never had to get my teeth professionally whited as it does the trick. 5 lippies for teeth care, not skincare!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Jiketsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Please use baking soda with caution. When I first tried this as a facial scrub (dilluted with water into a paste), I was amazed at how unbelievably smooth and soft my skin felt. However, after about a week of usage, I began to develop really bad acne, the worst bout of acne I've had in years, it actually rivaled breakouts I had during my teens. Even the horrible giant zit on the tip of my nose made a dreadful comeback - dear gawd, was I in 8th grade again? Since I hadn't changed anything else in my facial cleansing routine, I'm afraid I have to contribute the sudden terrible breakout to the baking soda; unfortunately it somehow disrupted the balance of my skin. After I stopped using the baking soda, my skin slowly returned to normal. What a shame it didnt work for me. Anyone with sensitive skin, please be careful. :(

18 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by bellhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is such a great and inexpensive cleanser. I use it on my face and body. If your skin is sensitive I wouldn't recommend using baking soda to exfoliate or even a part of your skin care regimen. Whenever I do a baking soda my skin is soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally used this for deodorizing the fridge, but after reading reviews on here, I started to use this as apart of my beauty regimen, specifically, deep cleansing my hair. I've been using Dove shampoo (costco size) for the past 4-5 months and there's been a lot of build up in my hair and a lot of dandruff too. I used this with my shampoo and there was much less flakes in my hair afterwards. Will continue to use this in my hair once a week to help keep dandruff flakes away. I have yet to try it for my teeth and face though. I'm kind of iffy about using it on my face since it's super sensitive due to all my efforts in trying to get rid of my acne, and after people warning this is not ph balanced, I don't think I'll try using this on my face at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by AshleeEileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for everything. I sprinkle a bit on my toothpaste every time I brush, and I've never had to use whiteners. My teeth are just white from that. I don't mind the taste, it tastes kind of good to me... but I'm weird.
Face scrubs with Baking soda and cetaphil.
Body scrubs with Baking Soda, sugar, a bit of olive oil, and lemon juice until the mix becomes pasty.
When I lived in Louisiana my naturally curly hair would frizz, tangle, and look horrible. I looked like a giant puffball at one point. I would dread having to comb threw it... until I started washing my curls with Baking Soda and Apple Cider vinegar. I had perfect hair for three years. Now I live in a better climate, but I occasionally wash my hair with this if it feels really built up with product.
AND of course we make Irish Soda Bread with Baking Soda!! My favorite!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by bex9

5 lippies for around the house deoderizing, 5 lippies for teeth whitening, 5 lippies for hair clarification and yes, 5 lippies as a scrub. Everyone is different and for some this does seem to cause skin irritation, though don't let that scare you off. I also found it to be a little much when used on it's own as a scrub and felt a little raw after, so I highly recommend mixing it with a mild skin cleanser. It makes a huge difference. For sensitive skin days like spectro gel, for breakouts I like tersaseptic clenser. Both are super cheap and work wonders when combined with baking soda. I love to use it in the shower as a facescrub while all my pores are opened, and I can really make sure everything rinses off thoroughly, then I like to follow it up with a dollop of honey and a bit of jojoba oil while I finish washing and conditioning my hair etc. Makes skin glow, and for me it never causes irritation despite the fact that Im currently on accutane and using retin-a micro. I buy this in packs of six boxes from costco for insanely cheap and use it for everything. Works wonders.