August 21, 2014 | 1563 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by mintyxchip

I heard some great things about this liquid liner, so I bought it and tried it. I saw two types of packaging while I was there, so I picked out the gold one. I didn't know they changed the packaging until way later.

The gold packaging was very cheap. I thew it in my makeup bag and put it in my bag for around a day or two, until the entire surface got pretty scratched up. Usually, on all the rest of my makeup, I can't see the scratching at all, but for some reason it shows up horribly on the gold packaging. The gold paint was practically gone, in streaks. It looks pretty awful now.

So I gave it a try for a bit more than a month, and having used it practically every day for the last few weeks, I decided that I didn't particularly like it. the applicator was all right, but it would have been nicer if it was a little thinner. Also, the eyeliner dried out like no other. Within two weeks or so of purchasing the product, I started to have to shake the product violently in order to get any of the liquid liner onto the brush. Now I'm at the end of its use, and it's been rather disappointing. It comes out dark from time to time, but the other times, it streaks. It leaves those horrible lighter areas in the center of the liquid liner, which looks HIDEOUS. I have to do a second coat then.

But a positive aspect of this product is that the removal is easy peasy (well, it could be a negative, depending on which way you look at it). When I wash up at night, it just slides right off my face without makeup remover. I haven't found it to be smudging throughout the day, and it remains mainly the same up until I want to take it off.

However, I would not repurchase this product again, especially not for $9. It was definitely not worth my money for the cheap packaging (which I would excuse, since they changed it to the black one). I will be on the look out for a better liquid liner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by underage

I like this eyeliner but I don't think it is dark enough. When you have a lot of product on the brush it goes on super dark and takes a while to dry but if you don't keep dipping the felt tip applicator into the product you get a gray line instead. I like the applicator and will use it up but I probably wouldn't repurchase because it is not dark enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by jbojangles

I really enjoy the long felt-tip applicator, but the product is terrible. After hearing all the hype about it, I was really excited to try the eyeliner out. The nice part is that it stays relatively dark, rather than fade to gray, but the product flakes like crazy on me, especially if I wing the liner out, which is a complete disappointment. I just expected it to last longer on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by kimst2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Such mixed reviews... I have been using Maybelline's waterproof eyeliner with a felt tip for years and love it. However, I saw good reviews on Youtube for this eyeliner and decided to give it a go. (I'm not one for change because once I find something I like, I usually stick to it.) I liked this eyeliner IMMEDIATELY because it got alot closer to my lashline on the first try than my Maybelline and gel liners did. I, also, didn't have to apply a second coat to get it dark enough. With my Maybelline one, I felt it was tugging at my lid while applying, leaving spaces to be filled. I didnt notice this with the Lineur Intense... The tip is flexible, smooth, and long for a quicker application. I felt this skinny, long tip held more color than any other eyeliners I have used. I will still keep using my Maybelline one because it can do a thicker line more quickly than the Lineur Intense. But the Lineur Intense gives a more natural, thin line for an everyday look. I know everyone's opinion, skin, and application technique is different, but I was impressed with this product. I wish I had found it sooner. I don't claim to be an professional at applying eyeliners (but i'm pretty good!) because there is one liquid eyeliner tip I dont like: those very skinny paintbrush ones. Not sure what you call them, but I won't use them. I do feel that the Lineur Intense could be a combination of the reg felt tip (like my Maybelline one) and the skinny paintbrush tip. As far as it flaking and not being waterproof, I applied MAC's Carbon eyeshadow on top of the liner to set it. Didnt have a problem all day.. And I have oily skin. Also, there are products to SEAL your eyeliner. So, if you love it enough then you'll fight for it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by glam21

Need a new eyeliner? This is the one to get! I always have had troubles applying make-up, especially liquid eyeliners. I am no makeup guru but EVERYONE can use it if I can! It's gives an amazing line and you can start out with a really thin line or work your way up to a thick dramatic wing or cat-eye. It looks fantastic, and the colour is actually there, unlike a lot of other ones. The felt tip applicator is so much easier than a normal wand and its so easy and quick. Good luck ladies! Amazing product, definite repeat purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SteamyCouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

There is always something about eyeliners that I don't like:
Pencil Liners- Never dark enough, and most are hard and rough on the eye.
Retractable Liner- Create a dotted line effect if you dont tug on the corner of your eye. Most of them harden within 2 months and are not as smooth as before.
Cream Liner- Drys out, creates a racoon eye if you go out in the rain if its not water proof.
Liquid- One wrong turn, and you have to do you eye makeup all over.

-One thing I HATE about liners is that when you done curling lashes you have to re-apply.

Now I came across this a few weeks ago. I, for the first time have been wearing eye liner everyday now. This product is dark, creates a thin line thats buildable, very controling wand, and I dont have to reapply it after curling my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by jay45

I dont wear liquid eye liner often, but I absolutely love wearing this one. It goes on easy and the tip is soft. I never have a hard time creating a nice straight even line. The tube is easy to grip. The color is just right. Does not irritate my eyes at all and stays on all day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sorry,I must be one of the few people here who hated this garbage! I guess I fell for the 'Carbon Black' HA! I have used other black liquid eyeliners that are darker than this,and cheaper,too! I don't know what it is about the tip of this thing,but I cannot form a decent line if my life depended on it! It's always either too thin,or too thick looking!Then it smudges off TOO EASILY,or flakes off...CRAP.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i think when you really find a product that you love, you can't imagine living without it. and i can't imagine living without this liner.

i bought this product solely bc of the reviews here. that was prob 2 yrs ago, and i haven't used another black liquid liner since. i love how dark the color is, how it lasts ALL day on my oily lids (tho i use eye shadow primer), but most of all i love the packaging along with its felt tip. it makes drawing a straight line so much easier, esp if you've always been liquid liner challenged. gripes about this product: sometimes you do have to shake it more than once to do both your eyes, and it isn't waterproof. other than that, i love love this liner. it never lets me down. i love it so much i'd blow kisses at it every night if i wasn't so damn tired : D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Hearted

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best liner I tried so far, I tried it and loved it at first sight. The brush application is soft and isn't stiff. You can apply it and it goes just as you like it would go. The colour is dark too which is a great for me because I like my liner dark. Doesn't irrate my eyes at all and even if I tip the bottle by mistake, none of the product spills! The packaging is just easy to use and the grip for the liner is easy too. Recommended if your just starting liquid liner, just get this. It may take a little practice, but what doesn't. The down side for me is it doesn't last too long. I start to flake if I rub by mistake or fall asleep.. even if I don't do any of those it does flake on me. On good days the liner stays on all day! Perhaps, I need a base primer for it or just need to set it.