Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 2/7/2007 9:30:00 PM

I put this in a 50 cent plastic spray bottle which you can buy at walmart in the aisle where the travel toothbrush & soap holders are. This way you can mist the baby oil on you evenly. It's awesome.

on 1/13/2007 5:16:00 PM

This is the only body mosituriser that works all day...and is super quick to apply in the morning.

on 1/12/2007 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I'm noticing alot of reviewers knocking baby oil. I don't know what to think. But I do love using this. Its great with my eye makeup, and if I'm in a rush its a great instant moisturizer. I did research of my own, but saw nothing alarming concerning the usage of baby oil. Even went to the FDA website, saw nothing "wrong" with mineral oil. I (as well as my son) suffer from eczema outbreaks, and I have never had a problem. Everyone is different I guess.

on 1/9/2007 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always have a bottle of baby oil on hand. It can be used as a bath oil, after-bath moisturizer, and makeup remover. The smell is classic. I'm glad that Johnsons is now advocating applying the oil to dripping wet skin, as that is the trick I've always used to avoid feeling greasy.

on 12/29/2006 6:24:00 PM

What is all the issue with baby oil and petroleum jelly? They are strong antioxidants (THEY KEEP OXYGEN OFF OF YOUR SKIN) which is what we are looking for. They don't stop you skin from "breathing".Your lungs breathe, your skin does not. What could be more natural than a product that comes straight from Mother Earth? Also, the capabilities of these products is shown over and over again in use in hospitals. Petroleum is actually one of the safest products that you can use on your skin. So, I love this wonderful mineral products...it does exactly what is is supposed to do,

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'll normally use this as a bath oil or sometimes I'll slather on after a bath/shower then top off with moisturiser (for an extra seal). Smells nice (Lavender/Aloe/Regular). It's cheap, multi purpose, been around for EVER, quick / easy to use and the expiration is within 3yrs. Good to have some in the house I always say.

on 12/19/2006 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this to help remove my stubborn waterproof mascara, and basically for quicker removal of makeup. I also thought I would try it in the bath as an oil, as I have dry, sensitive skin. Well. On the Makeup side of things, it wasn't much better than your average remover! I still had to rub vigourously, and it still took a while for it to come off! Also my eyes were greasy and filmy, even though I always wash my face afterwards! So not much luck there. I used it in the bath, and when I got out I just felt greasy. Good oils shouldn't irritate (ok, this one didn't) and shouldn't feel greasy (This one definatley DID!). I think we are all aware of all the 'petrochemical' stuff surrounding this, so I won't go into it, but it did make me a bit uneasy about salthering this stuff on after a shower/bath. The packaging was terrible as lots came out at once, so I decanted into a little spray bottle. I'll use it up for my mascara removal, but thats it, and I won't be using it again. Johnsons do brilliant eye MU removing wipes, so I'm not wasting my money of this crap again.

on 11/30/2006 8:27:00 AM

Petroleum jelly is baby oil right? Petroleum, as in fuel, as in gasoline or diesel? These are all byproducts of petroleum. Are you willing to cover your organs, yes organs, in diesel or tar? Your skin is the largest organ in the body and applying baby oil to your skin is like wrapping it in saran wrap. Talk to the professionals (aestaticien or dermatologist) or just do some research on toxins in products.

on 11/5/2006 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A great body moisturiser. Here's a tip: If you're running a bath add a few drops of this baby oil and relax, emerge feeling softer than ever and you won't feel as oily as you would if you applied it directly to your skin. But just don't get it on your hair, it's a nightmare to get it off but I suppose has some benefit all the same!

on 10/10/2006 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pore clogging petrol poison..I am amazed people use this on babies...read up a www.ewg.com

Popular Body Skincare Products