April 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sandboxx

a staple for those who want smooth skin. end of story.
great moisturizer, don't need a lot, dirt cheap, etc.
i have yet to find something that moisturizes just as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2006 3:30:00 AM More reviews by All_Work_No_Play

Whoa! I just came in here to leave my thoughts on this product as being a wonderful shower companion for me and my dry sensitive skin, and I find out that you use it a a makeup remover as well! Didnt cross my mind but I'll definitely give it a try later tonight. As for its original purpose, all I can say is that it makes a great body moisturizer. I gave a minus though, for the packaging... wish they'd discover a non leaking one. However, the new oil-gel formula is much less messy and has the same hydrating properties.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2006 3:40:00 AM More reviews by LadyInsane

Simple and elegant. Great as an exfoliant for my legs. I just massage it in and rub off the dead skin; it comes away quite easily, without being scrubbed with grains

This is gentle and no-fuss, quite cheap and really quite good for any skintype besides oily. I recommend it as a makeup remover and massage oil (For those who aren't after a spectacularly scented massage oil) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by bliss1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Simple, cheap and AMAZING i used this as a no fuss moisturiser but the one day i decided to remove my eye make-up with it i was amazed! I was having trouble like other reviews, this left my eyes clean and my lashes soft. Think i might try it on my hair.....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 2:41:00 AM More reviews by madisonT

i noticed that my eyemakeup was smudging really easily...probably from my watery eyes so i switched all my eye makeup to waterproof. Since then i've been having trouble removing my eye makeup...literally 20 minutes just rubbing til my eyes turn red and my eyelashes are falling out..i used l'oreal gentle eyemakeup remover (when i wasn't using waterproof eye makeup), and rimmel gentle eye makeup remover, which claims it removes waterproof makeup as well. anyways..none of these work as well as baby oil (actually both l'oreal and rimmel didn't work very well at all!!)... omg..took me like less than 20 SECONDS to remove all my eyemakeup thats WATERPROOF!! and it's soo cheap! omg my eyes feel so clean and smell like fresh baby scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by cynpat2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff it works great as others have said as eyemakeup remover and an all over face makeup remover just use regular cleanser after using the oil but I use mousse foundation and was getting flaky looking skin and after using this before my cleanser I have found it to make the foundation work better....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2006 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Shosita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Iím OK with the mineral oil product so this one is something that I always have at home for years. I like to mix it with fine table salt and baking soda to use as a hand and foot scrub. Make my hand so smooth. I sometime rub it on my body after shower as I canít stand the smell of olive oil or coconut oil. (which are actually better in terms of moisturizing) I donít use it everyday but itís something that I must have at home.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i've been using this product for years. there isn't anything great i could say about this product that hasn't already been said... and i agree with the other pro-baby-oil ladies that every girl should have a bottle of this cheap, versatile product. my only beef with this is the packaging--oil literally squirts out of the little hole, no matter how gentle i am with the bottle. i've fixed this by buying a spray bottle and filling it with baby oil, and then i spray it on myself after a shower. i also keep a little glass roller bottle full of this for times when i run out of moisturizer or when i need to tame flyaways while i'm outside.this stuff doesn't *moisturize* your skin--it just seals moisture in, hence all the ladies using this post shower/bath. the molecules are actually too big to penetrate the skin. for those of us who are afraid of this clogging our pores--clogged pores consist of dead skin proteins, and oxidized oils. mineral oil is inorganic, inert, hypoallergenic, and has an indefinite shelf life. it doesn't oxidize. you'd probably be more likely to get clogged pores from natural oils than petros. and YES, petros CAN cause cancer, but NOT cosmetic/pharmaceutical grade petroleum. they're refined to the point where you could take them internally as a laxitive (please don't drink baby oil, that's just gross). there has never been a case where baby oil gave somebody cancer--if it did, they were probably baking in the sun using baby oil, meaning they could've got skin cancer baking out in the sun with just about any other oil. give me a break folks. i'm a holistic freak, but i can't condone bashing baby oil. it CAN give you zits, just like any other oil can, and the worst i've seen it do is give someone a gnarly rash (folliculitis), again, like other oils. i'd recommend this because it doesn't oxidize and putting a natural oil that will rot and oxidize on your skin (and ultimately IN YOUR SKIN) is far worse than putting on baby oil (which doesn't penetrate and you could just wash off). continued >>

30 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by SuzieAnne

I've been using baby oil for years. Just like alot of other reviewers, I use to in the summer after I get out of the shower. I've never tried to shave with it, but I'll have to make a point of it next time. I love the classic scent and it's cheap! All this concern about petro (Vaseline, baby oil, etc.) is crazy. They've been around for decades and millions if not tens of millions of people have been using these products. If petro products are cancerous, then I guess we're all going to die - but atleast we'll all have soft skin!! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 1:20:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

Actually Baby Oil is plain mineral oil (petrolate) and it does no good to your skin.
It gives a shining finish and some surface comfort and that's all!
No real moisture.
Plus, it is said to be cancerogenous.