SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 12/30/2009 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased a sample of this just out of curiosity. Is is miracle water? No...but even so, I do quite like it.

First off, yes, it does smell. It doesn't smell nice, but I can't place my finger on what the smell actually is. However, it's not offensive in any way. I apply this after cleansing my face - put a few drops on my fingers, rub them together, and pat all over my face until it absorbs and sinks in. They say to use a cotton pad: don't do this! It absorbs much more product than your hands will absorb, so best to do it with your fingers/hands instead. I then apply my normal moisturizer and that's it.

Honestly, I haven't noticed a huge difference - after all, I only had a sample which lasted me about 2 weeks. But I am planning on purchasing a full sized bottle. I like that it makes my skin look more fresh as opposed to dull, and it seems to help with breakouts too! Makes any breakouts I have at the time go pretty quickly, and perhaps prevents them to an extent too. I only use it once every 3 or 4 days as it quickens the skin renewal and I don't want my skin being totally raw!

This is nothing miraculous, I can assure you of that. It's way too expensive aswell. But I think skincare is definately a thing to splurge on if you've found something that works well for you.

UPDATE:- I think this is breaking me out. Also my skin doesn't seem to be looking glowy or healthy anymore.

on 12/12/2009 12:34:00 PM

been using this since 2007 as a prep to get my face radiant for my wedding. and it works! pores became smaller and less noticeable and people have commented that i have a glowing complexion. only thing that did not happen was that it didn't make my oily face any less oilier but hey, if it gives me radiance, why not?
a little bit pricey, but it doesn't stop me from using it twice a day. results will be more noticeable then.

on 12/11/2009 8:45:00 AM

This is one heavily marketed product, especially in Asia, where I live in. Marketed as the "miracle water" in Asia, I had my doubts about the efficacy of SKII and their products in the past (I simply thought of the brand as one which relies heavily on advertising and celebrity endorsements).

A while back, a friend gave me a 30ml bottle of the Essence. True, it has a weird smell but it goes away after a while. I used it sparingly initially (partly because I have rather dry and slightly sensitive skin on the cheek area) but was surprised to find my dry skin becoming more moisturised and my overall skin condition becoming clearer and more smooth (the advertising tagline "crystal-clear skin" is actually working in my case!) I don't normally get pimples, but any pimple that I had also went away faster. I was happy enough with the results (if used sparingly, a 30ml bottle can last about 3 weeks) to purchase the biggest-sized bottle.

It has been 2 months since I started using SKII (i also bought the facial treatment cleanser and the skin signature cream together with the full-sized bottle of essence), and I must say this is the best skincare line I have ever used albeit expensive (however, I am glad their products come in generous sizes so they do last for quite some time).

Even in the drying winter climate here in Shanghai (where i am at currently), my skin doesn't feel tight or develop dry flakes like in previous winters. I have tried applying it with just my hands initially, but I find that using cotton pads is much better as the essence gets absorbed better into the skin through the pads.

These are the 3 basic pitera items in the SK2 line, and the results thus far has convinced me to incorporate more of their stuff into my skincare routine soon :)

on 12/6/2009 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a little sample bottle in Hong Kong. Normal size is pricey but lasts for a long time. It has the same effect on my oily skin as MAC's Fix+ (which doesn't have that odd smell SKII has). Sometimes I don't even need to use moisturizer on top of this because it's hydrating and can control my oiliness.

on 12/3/2009 9:46:00 PM

I am almost at the end of a big bottle. I don't think it is doing anything for me. Shame on Cate Blanchatt. What a waste of my hard earn money. I am totally disgusted by this product. And it stinks like crazy!

on 11/26/2009 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a love-hate relationship on this product,but more to hate. When i started using it was great and make my skin ph well balanced and eventually less oily and the dry part are well moisturized. However after used for 2 bottles i stopped using it coz my face are getting well and its was very expensive. After a few couples of days my face turned red and growth lots of pimples and eventually i had to consult a specialist, the doctor said that my face was too dependable on this product and if i stoped using it will caused lots of problems,so i have to continiue to used in order to mantain the smooth skin before that,shit! It takes months to treat my problems. Recently i also have heard many complained about the side effect of this product.

on 11/12/2009 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not much to hype about. Initially after consistent use I did notice my skin tone becoming more even however it is a long and drawn out process and now I doubt whether I'd repurchase just to even out my skin tone. I have experienced no adverse effects with this unlike cheaper toners..

on 11/4/2009 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I absolutely ADORE this product!!! It's the 1 thing I always have standbys with - it gets really expensive, but I can't do without it. I had really sensitive skin & being a make-up artist always wanted to show case my talent with my own face. Since using this, my skin has become "crystal clear", smooth, hydrated & comfortable in the colder months. I used to get horribly dry patchy skin in winter, but my skin was so sensitive I couldn't use a very hydrating serum &/or moisturiser; so when I found this product & found it worked wonderfully well for my skin - I STUCK TO IT!!! I've been using it for 4 years now & I don't think I could ever change from SK-II to another brand - it's too good to go without.

on 11/1/2009 3:36:00 AM

I have been using skin care product since 14. Am 37 now. I must say. Tried many ways & research to look young and healthy. I have no major breakout so far while my initially sensitive skin has been under control. I have tried many different products but those products just didn't react negatively onto my skin however, does not do much as promised on their packaging. SKII is so far one that amazed me. I had been using since I was 30 and wonder if I could do without it, so lately, been trying out other salon brand which is more expensive, again found it did nothing like others. But I am sure coming back for this after I have finished that expensive bottle. Now I know, I can't do without it, for sure. I usually transfer from big bottle to spray bottle which I use it twice daily. However, I have my nightly ritual which after warm cleansing & icing my face, I put on the toner followed by miracle spray+serum along with my ultra sound handheld on upward direction. It worked just great! Food & drinks & our habit also play an important role besides this good product. Thumbs up, so far.

on 10/24/2009 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just got this essence a few days ago because I heard it was a great product. I was warned that it had a weird scent to it but...mine doesn't smell like anything, totally fragrance free. Is this normal?

Popular Treatments (Face)