August 23, 2014 | 1490 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by llliiim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried it 10 years ago..after whole botlle finished, no difference. I tried again 10 years later, still no effect..waste money...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by tastylizard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must-have in my skincare routine. I've been using the essence for two years now. Before, my skin was oily and prone to pimples. After I started using the treatment essence, gradually, my skin condition improved. It became less oily. Pimples only pop up rarely now. When they do, they clear up within a day or two, not like the persistent ones I used to get a few years ago. I really do think using this essence has made a big difference. It's very expensive (as it is with all things SK-II) but it's well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 7:30:00 AM More reviews by evaa

i've heard several ppl give diverging opinions about this product, but since my good friend told me to try this because it helped her, i decided to splurge and just purchase this about a week ago.

I've heard that this product isnt suitable for some skins and some ppl break out after using this, so i was a little worried. The SA told me that the proper way to use this essence isnt to dump it into your hands and pat your face, so i was a little surprised, because i thought the advertisements show the endorsers doing that. Apparently (according to the SA) the reason for using cotton pads is that research has shown that the penetration rate of the essence is much higher than when using your hands.I guess the essence soaks into your hands rather than your face if you don't use the cotton pads.

My routine: First i cleanse my face. After that (only for the first day) i used SKII cleansing lotion (a toner). Then I pat the essence on my face with a cotton pad as recommended. During the morning i will put on my moisturiser, then make up, but if at night before bed the essence is my last step.

My skin: oily T-zone during the day, occasional break-outs, sometimes bumpy skin, uneven redness on my right cheek, generally dull and tired looking.

Anyway, after the first day of using it, i felt that there was immediate improvement to my tzone area! it was no longer as oily as before, and i didnt have to blot as often during the day. i was delighted. I stopped using the toner after the first day in case all the alcohol was too strong. After the second day, it seemed as though the red areas on my cheek had somewhat subsided, my skin tone looked more even, and my pores looked kinda smaller. I put on less make up because i felt more confident about my skin. After the third day, i felt that my skin became somewhat drier. halfway through the day it seemed like the skin around my mouth was peeling a little,although it wasnt obvious. After the fourth day, my skin looked healthier, no peeling, tzone remained controlled, no breakouts yet, pores are small, redness minimal.

So far so good! I think i need a better moisturizer to counteract the alcohol (the one i'm using is very lightweight). I hope my skin continues to improve! currently i'm adequately satisfied with the essence to not feel the pinch of spending so much money and i hope it continues this way.. haha. i really believe that the key is not to combine too many harsh (alcohol) products on your face at the same time, especially if you are changing your products all at once. your skin may be too sensitive to the sudden change because i think SKII products are rather potent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by MicheleMonique

I have used this product everyday for 4 years now. I quite like it. It helps keep my skin soft and clear of breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by peiyee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this product for 1 week, together with the clear lotion. But then my nose area started to have skin peeled off. Quite scary. I think I did not apply enough moisturizer after the essence. I should stop the clear lotion first, it seems like too acidic for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

The Miracle Water that everyone is talking about....So, what have I got to say about it ?

A disadvantage if you can't stand the smell, but thank god, it doesn't linger !
I use if after cleansing, and it does repay back the moisture that I've lost from cleansing..... I wake up the following morning feeling that my skin was more radiant and plumper. I can't tell much as I haven't used it long enough to know the long term effects.

My mom and friend are both using them regularly, and claims that it works in preventing pimples. I was told that the Pitera range basically works by renewing your skin more often than naturally is. This results in one having 'new skin' all the time, hence the radiance and good skin.

Was surprised to see so many mixed reviews here..... I guess there's no one universal product that works well on everyone's skin. Perhaps if you have oily pimple prone to normal skin, then this will work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by halve_moon

I was skeptical on this product after I read so many bad reviews on MUA. My friend who had tried this in the past was not too keen on this product because it made her skin worsened. But on late January, I got the Facial Treatment Essence and the Whitening Source DermDefinition from my cousin who works in a department store. She has translucent clear skin and she uses this.

I have an oily-combination-sensitive skin. My face was in one of the worst condition for months. I got pimples all the time and going to doctors and facialists didn't really help in a long term. The pimples disappeared after I got treatments from doctor or got facials, but it would return again within 2 weeks. My skin was dull and my pores are huge. I was on my lowest level of confidence when my cousin gave me these products, saying that it has helped her friends before and she hoped that they would help me.

So I tried them. At first I didn't see any changes. I soaked a cotton with the Facial Treatment Essence and pat the cotton all over my face after washing and then I put the soaked cotton over my pimples for 30 seconds each. It is said that it would help the pimples to either disappear or to come out from the skin. After that I put on my blemish/pimple lotion/medication on the pimples and then put on my Eucerin moisturizer that has no alcohol, oil, or perfume.

Within 1 month, I can gladly say I got no pimples and clearer skin. I still have some pimple scar and that's when I incorporate SKII Whitening Source DermDefinition to lighten the spots. It's mid-April now and I have finished my first bottle of FTE and starting on the second one. Pimples have not come back at all and I have got so many compliments from a lot of people saying that I look fresh, clear, and glowing. I am so glad that this product fits my skin. It has been quite a miracle water for my skin. I guess you just have to try whether it will fit your skin or not. Because it is different for everybody. But so far, I am a very satisfied SK-II user.

UPDATE 16/06/2009: My skin has never been better. I guess it's true what they say that they bring back your skin to the optimum level. My mom and aunts have noticed that my skin is much clearer and glowy now. I don't even incorporate any acne medication to my skincare regime anymore and I don't get pimples. I'm now using cleanser, toner and moisturizers from SKII as well:Facial Treatment Cleanser, Facial Clear Lotion, Facial Treatment Essence, Repair C, Facial Lift Emulsion(day), Skin Refining Treatment (night) Signs Treatment Totality(night). And it has been good so far. I'll update again in another 2 months.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jk1230joy

Seriously. Had totally normal skin before trying this product. Started using it 2 weeks ago. I started breaking out a little, thought it was my imagination. Got worse. Then I read that my skin may be "de-toxing". Tried to be patient. Zits increased. Literally, one would pop up before the next would heal.
I (stupidly) kept using it. Because it was bloody expensive and I WANTED it to work. Now I have a HUGE cyst- like zit on my chin. It looks like a boil. I don't know how to go to work tomorrow. I have NEVER EVER had a zit like this. Coincidence? I think not. This CANNOT be good, I don't care WHAT the company claims. Stay away. Stay away. You won't know until it is too late
10/8/2009
Still have a purple scar today (my first EVER from a zit) on my chin from the above mentioned cyst/zit. Don't think it will ever go away. Buyer beware! I don't think it is wise to "stick this irritation period through." Or to be patient. It scarred me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by andritz

I really like this product - after just a few days of using it, my skin became luminous and smooth! I will definitely buy it again =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by le

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an HG for me! I haven't had such luminous or clear skin in years! I also have noticed the fine lines at the corners of my eyes have softened and are much less noticeable!

I use this before my moisturizer morning and night and have also really noticed a difference in my skin clarity and luminosity!

My only gripe is the packaging! I waste so much just dumping it into my hands! I wish they had a dropper for easier and less wasteful application.

Just keep using this id you have doubts, I didn't start to see a difference until a month had passed of regular use!