November 21, 2014 | 1685 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by mizzaty

im going to hv my 3rd bottle of this..this 1 is great..i was breakout when 1st time using it..but it slowly 'adapt' to my skin n making my skin better n better n better..this 1 is must have..

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Ollyli

first month using this product was fantastic, afterwards my skin went from great to worse, even gave me skin irritations. started getting rashes all over face, neck and even some on shoulders. My skin had a really bad reaction from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by lilprincess_inluv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aug 27,2009-I've only been using this for 2 weeks. First of all, I don't know how others have been using it, but this is suppose to be used as an essence and not like a toner. Just clarifying this for anyone who got this as a gift, because I would personally mistake it for a "toner". =)
Personally, I use it as a mask every night. I saw some reviews that thought this was a wasteful technique. However, what I do is, I peel a piece of cotton into several pieces (I currently use Albion's facial cotton, which is peel-able). Make sure you buy cottons that are not pressed together. I usually take 3 peeled pieces and fold them into quarters and top them on each other. And here is my stingy way of using it: Pour some SK-II essence onto the cotton(not to the point of drenching them) and press the cotton together so they soak through. Then peel them apart and spread them on your face as a mask for 5-10 minutes. The key is to use only a limited amount of the essence and still be able to soak your face with SK-II essence for a long time. =) The peeling takes some practice as the cotton tend to stick together after I soaked them. However, drenching them one by one takes up a lot of the essence. For me, if I just put some onto my hands and dab it on my face, I don't know if it really absorbed in or if it just evaporated. This way will really let the essence sit in. So there, a poor girl's way of having her luxury. haha!

I will update with the results after I've used this for a good long time. Currently, no breakouts or anything. Skin is less oilier.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by maymay8098

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily/combo skin with occasional breakouts and mild acne scarring. What I am trying to achieve is softening of skin, smaller pores, less oil and hopefully control breakouts during that special time of the month. I started off trying the SK-II treatment mask which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I wish I could use those everyday, they made my skin so soft and a glowing bright white. I also had some small pimples that went down the next day after doing the mask. So far I've done 2 masks, and since there is so much pitera left in the packet, I refridgerate it and use it for the next few days at night time so I dont waste any extras!

Since this worked out so well for me, I decided to try the FTE. Today is my first day, I purchased from the same vendor off ebay that I got the masks from (trusted source) so I have high hopes for this product. I know some people have mixed reviews so I just hope that is DOESNT make me breakout. I have also been using the clairsonic face brush 2x a day now for the past two weeks and I think that it has really helped absorb most of this product. my skin feels so clean and soft so now I am just hoping that it will also help with uneven skin tone etc. I will update my review as I see results from FTE!

8/17/2009 Update** I have been using this for a few days now and my skin feels incredibly soft and smoother, and 2 big pimples that I had went away over night after applying the toner on my face! I think that it has helped a little bit with the overall oil control, but I am waiting longer to see more results. I love how it nicely moisturizes my face so its not dry in the dry areas and the oily areas are somewhat controlled. The bottle is abit hard to work, and there is practically no smell to it at all. I love how it feels on my skin after a long shower and absorbs very very quickly. It also does help brighten my skin too, I have noticed. Looking forward to continued usage!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this product. I have been using it for 2 months now. The most obvious difference from the first day I used this was that it made my skin very soft. Baby skin soft. After applying it, my skin feels fresher and more hydrated as well. That's about all it has done though. Nothing much in the way of sebum regulation or evening out skintone, which were the purported benefits which attracted me to buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by angelvivian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suppose this is a hit or miss kind of product. Fortunately for me, it was a hit.
I have acne-prone skin, and have been depending on Roaccutane, antibiotics and Differin to keep my breakouts under control. After reading some reviews on MUA, I decided to give the SK II line a go. And was I delighted!

I have not had a single breakout since I used the product about 2 months ago, and my skin is definitely smoother, softer and glows. My acne scars are still there, but those take time to fade, so I am not too worried about it. The only downside to the product is the smell. It can take a while to get used to, but for such results, even if it smelled like rotten cheese, I wouldn't mind putting up with it.

Definitely will repurchase, and may even look into SKII's other products.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by zeptokitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mainly a question concerning using FTE and BP...

Just started using the FTE about a week and a half ago and so far my skin does NOT like it. My skin had recently been doing really well with just some random cleanser that i got with my Clarisonic, 5% BP, and Cetaphil moisturizer. But, I wanted- SO wanted, to have even better skin. I got a sample of the FTE that i used for about a week without BP. I started breaking out more, but i did seem to notice a more even skin tone and smaller pores. Soooo, I stayed with it. The sample ran out fast. I was without for a couple days until a new larger supply arrived. Since a couple of days ago, I have been using the Facial Clear Solution and FTE. My skin got WORSE. I have been freaking out, but have decided to stick with it for at least another week since my skin might be purging or adjusting or some other variation... (hopefully!) I REALLY want to like this, but I'm beginning to think that, since my breakouts are due to a hormonal condition, nothing topical will ever work for me. : ( I think i might start adding the BP back into the mix at the end of the night before bed. Not sure if anyone knows anything about combining the FTE and BP. Would love any input. I will update again for everyone who is considering to see whether my skin eventually adjusts. (FINGERS CROSSED) Might look into the Shiseido Purness line...

UPDATE: Stopped using it a few days ago and went back to simple 2.5% BP. My skin is already clearing up significantly from the horrible outbreak that the FTE caused. Really wanted this to be my HG like it is for so many others. Hopefully, it will work for my mother.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by huay_huay

Despite a past bad experience with this pdt years ago, I was extremely swayed by the aggressive advertising and decided to try it again in May09. This time, I bought the essential kit from the SKII counter and not a sample from those perfumed shops at Far East Plaza.

I am a 32 year old with fair skin that burns and never tans, minimal wrinkles and hardly any breakouts.

Within 2 weeks, my skin felt smoother and firmer and makeup looked fresh thru the work day. I didn't tell anyone I started using SKII but when I went to buy my UV shield from Shu Uemura after just 3 weeks of use, the saleslady who has been attending to me since last year asked me what I did to my skin, saying that it looked radiant and the makeup sits smoothly on my skin. When I went to SKII counter, the lady over the counter commented I am very lucky to have naturally clear and radiant skin with minimal wrinkles. She recommended the treatment essence to maintain my skin not knowing that i am already a user of treatment essence.

The truth is, I have uneven skin tone and rather dull skin with medium sized pores, nowhere close to those SKII ambassadors. The treatment essence has helped even out my skin tone, smooth and firm up my skin as well as balance out the oil excretion so that i don't have shinny areas (like forehead, nose and cheeks) on my face and all this works wonders for makeup. I do not have the courage to go town without any makeup yet but these days, I can go out with just the tinted makeup base from Shu Uemura and translucent loose powder.

I am a SKII convert. I bought their Signs Treatment Totality Cream, Facial Treatment Masks and Eye Cream and I love them all. Thou expensive, they are worth every cent spent. I have never used a pdt which improved my skin so significantly in such a short time that I received compliments on it. SKII is the 1st.

For those out there keen to try SKII, pls purchase them over the SKII counter and nowhere else to ensure the pdts you purchase are genuine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by beezgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I just recently jumped on the bandwagon with this brand in June and have been using the Essence for nearly 6 weeks now. At first, I was skeptical, and the smell was a little weird, but now, I cannot go a day without it. I look forward to putting it on, morning and night! In the first 3 weeks, I didn't really see a change in my skin. I have combo skin with occasional breakouts, very few wrinkles, and dark pigment scars from past acne breakouts. Today, they are still there, but the texture of my skin has definitely become more refined, even and clear. Even when I do get a breakout now, it doesn't last long. It's so cool being able to just wear powder because my skin looks so great! Now don't get me wrong, my skin is not yet perfect, but it's a hundred times better than before - no more bumps and uneven texture. I use my same cleansing oil by Nude, the Essence, then I use the Facial Treatment Milk during the day, and the Signs Treatment Totality at night. I also do the Facial Treatment Masks once a week. Since it's so expensive, I get one new product every 6-7 weeks when I go into Bloomingdales for my free, 1 hour SK II facial, which to me, getting the facial totally makes it worth it to me to spend the money on one product. Heck, a good facial costs as much as one of the SK II products! Anyway, at my age (38) I am totally into good skincare as an investment. And with these results, plus comments from people that I look 10 years younger, I think my investments are paying off! Oh, P.S. another thing I've been doing since I've switched to SK II is using bottled water to wash my face instead of tap water. I think that has been helping too. :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by erika_let

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is all the rage in East Asia but IMO is over-hyped, over-priced and over-marketed. The ads make it sound like some sort of a miracle water but this did absolutely nothing to my skin!

Doesn't hydrate, doesn't control oil. doesn't clean and doesn't fix any skin problems. I've since learned that expensive skin care does not guarantee results & have gone back to the goodness of mother nature for skin care.