October 25, 2014 | 1689 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by zeptokitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mainly a question concerning using FTE and BP...

Just started using the FTE about a week and a half ago and so far my skin does NOT like it. My skin had recently been doing really well with just some random cleanser that i got with my Clarisonic, 5% BP, and Cetaphil moisturizer. But, I wanted- SO wanted, to have even better skin. I got a sample of the FTE that i used for about a week without BP. I started breaking out more, but i did seem to notice a more even skin tone and smaller pores. Soooo, I stayed with it. The sample ran out fast. I was without for a couple days until a new larger supply arrived. Since a couple of days ago, I have been using the Facial Clear Solution and FTE. My skin got WORSE. I have been freaking out, but have decided to stick with it for at least another week since my skin might be purging or adjusting or some other variation... (hopefully!) I REALLY want to like this, but I'm beginning to think that, since my breakouts are due to a hormonal condition, nothing topical will ever work for me. : ( I think i might start adding the BP back into the mix at the end of the night before bed. Not sure if anyone knows anything about combining the FTE and BP. Would love any input. I will update again for everyone who is considering to see whether my skin eventually adjusts. (FINGERS CROSSED) Might look into the Shiseido Purness line...

UPDATE: Stopped using it a few days ago and went back to simple 2.5% BP. My skin is already clearing up significantly from the horrible outbreak that the FTE caused. Really wanted this to be my HG like it is for so many others. Hopefully, it will work for my mother.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by huay_huay

Despite a past bad experience with this pdt years ago, I was extremely swayed by the aggressive advertising and decided to try it again in May09. This time, I bought the essential kit from the SKII counter and not a sample from those perfumed shops at Far East Plaza.

I am a 32 year old with fair skin that burns and never tans, minimal wrinkles and hardly any breakouts.

Within 2 weeks, my skin felt smoother and firmer and makeup looked fresh thru the work day. I didn't tell anyone I started using SKII but when I went to buy my UV shield from Shu Uemura after just 3 weeks of use, the saleslady who has been attending to me since last year asked me what I did to my skin, saying that it looked radiant and the makeup sits smoothly on my skin. When I went to SKII counter, the lady over the counter commented I am very lucky to have naturally clear and radiant skin with minimal wrinkles. She recommended the treatment essence to maintain my skin not knowing that i am already a user of treatment essence.

The truth is, I have uneven skin tone and rather dull skin with medium sized pores, nowhere close to those SKII ambassadors. The treatment essence has helped even out my skin tone, smooth and firm up my skin as well as balance out the oil excretion so that i don't have shinny areas (like forehead, nose and cheeks) on my face and all this works wonders for makeup. I do not have the courage to go town without any makeup yet but these days, I can go out with just the tinted makeup base from Shu Uemura and translucent loose powder.

I am a SKII convert. I bought their Signs Treatment Totality Cream, Facial Treatment Masks and Eye Cream and I love them all. Thou expensive, they are worth every cent spent. I have never used a pdt which improved my skin so significantly in such a short time that I received compliments on it. SKII is the 1st.

For those out there keen to try SKII, pls purchase them over the SKII counter and nowhere else to ensure the pdts you purchase are genuine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by beezgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I just recently jumped on the bandwagon with this brand in June and have been using the Essence for nearly 6 weeks now. At first, I was skeptical, and the smell was a little weird, but now, I cannot go a day without it. I look forward to putting it on, morning and night! In the first 3 weeks, I didn't really see a change in my skin. I have combo skin with occasional breakouts, very few wrinkles, and dark pigment scars from past acne breakouts. Today, they are still there, but the texture of my skin has definitely become more refined, even and clear. Even when I do get a breakout now, it doesn't last long. It's so cool being able to just wear powder because my skin looks so great! Now don't get me wrong, my skin is not yet perfect, but it's a hundred times better than before - no more bumps and uneven texture. I use my same cleansing oil by Nude, the Essence, then I use the Facial Treatment Milk during the day, and the Signs Treatment Totality at night. I also do the Facial Treatment Masks once a week. Since it's so expensive, I get one new product every 6-7 weeks when I go into Bloomingdales for my free, 1 hour SK II facial, which to me, getting the facial totally makes it worth it to me to spend the money on one product. Heck, a good facial costs as much as one of the SK II products! Anyway, at my age (38) I am totally into good skincare as an investment. And with these results, plus comments from people that I look 10 years younger, I think my investments are paying off! Oh, P.S. another thing I've been doing since I've switched to SK II is using bottled water to wash my face instead of tap water. I think that has been helping too. :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by erika_let

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is all the rage in East Asia but IMO is over-hyped, over-priced and over-marketed. The ads make it sound like some sort of a miracle water but this did absolutely nothing to my skin!

Doesn't hydrate, doesn't control oil. doesn't clean and doesn't fix any skin problems. I've since learned that expensive skin care does not guarantee results & have gone back to the goodness of mother nature for skin care.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by RissaR

NOT for people with sensitive skin!

Be really careful when using this product. When I first applied the essence to my face it initially felt really nice and smooth, but then turned into a fierce bright red within a few moments! My face stayed red, felt hot and tender all day - this cannot be good! I have fairly sensitive skin but not excessively so (I can, for example, use DDF 10% Glycolic Toning Compley without problems). But this very expensive SKII stuff is definitely way too harsh for my skin. I've never let it come near my face again, so I cannot comment on how well it works in the long run. Seems to do great things for others here on MUA. Anyway, to use up the bottle I'm now using it on my arms and it tingles even there. Would definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My stinky miracle water! Now, before I start raving - I had never really concerned myself with SKII, writing it off as one of those anti-aging brands suited to older women. That is, not until my younger sister bought a gift set for herself and raved about the essence, and its effect on her skin was obvious. We both have typical mediterranean skin: oily, acne prone with blackheads and large pores. After using this stuff for a mere two weeks, my skin is absolutely glowing, the pores on my T Zone are smaller, I have not had ANY zit eruptions whatsoever (a drastic difference from my daily pimple battles!), and the oil production on my T Zone is far, far less. I am not imagining this - this stuff is incredible, and to me, is worth every cent. My gripes? Minor - it smells a bit iffy, for about 10 seconds. And the bottle absolutely SUCKS for dispensing it accurately. If they fixed that, then it would be perfect.

Update 22/12: Taking off a star because the efficacy of this product seems to decrease over time IMO, and my skin starts going back to its unruly self. Maybe I need to stop using it to see if it made a difference. I do not think I will repurchase immediately until I know for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by llliiim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried it 10 years ago..after whole botlle finished, no difference. I tried again 10 years later, still no effect..waste money...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by tastylizard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must-have in my skincare routine. I've been using the essence for two years now. Before, my skin was oily and prone to pimples. After I started using the treatment essence, gradually, my skin condition improved. It became less oily. Pimples only pop up rarely now. When they do, they clear up within a day or two, not like the persistent ones I used to get a few years ago. I really do think using this essence has made a big difference. It's very expensive (as it is with all things SK-II) but it's well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 7:30:00 AM More reviews by evaa

i've heard several ppl give diverging opinions about this product, but since my good friend told me to try this because it helped her, i decided to splurge and just purchase this about a week ago.

I've heard that this product isnt suitable for some skins and some ppl break out after using this, so i was a little worried. The SA told me that the proper way to use this essence isnt to dump it into your hands and pat your face, so i was a little surprised, because i thought the advertisements show the endorsers doing that. Apparently (according to the SA) the reason for using cotton pads is that research has shown that the penetration rate of the essence is much higher than when using your hands.I guess the essence soaks into your hands rather than your face if you don't use the cotton pads.

My routine: First i cleanse my face. After that (only for the first day) i used SKII cleansing lotion (a toner). Then I pat the essence on my face with a cotton pad as recommended. During the morning i will put on my moisturiser, then make up, but if at night before bed the essence is my last step.

My skin: oily T-zone during the day, occasional break-outs, sometimes bumpy skin, uneven redness on my right cheek, generally dull and tired looking.

Anyway, after the first day of using it, i felt that there was immediate improvement to my tzone area! it was no longer as oily as before, and i didnt have to blot as often during the day. i was delighted. I stopped using the toner after the first day in case all the alcohol was too strong. After the second day, it seemed as though the red areas on my cheek had somewhat subsided, my skin tone looked more even, and my pores looked kinda smaller. I put on less make up because i felt more confident about my skin. After the third day, i felt that my skin became somewhat drier. halfway through the day it seemed like the skin around my mouth was peeling a little,although it wasnt obvious. After the fourth day, my skin looked healthier, no peeling, tzone remained controlled, no breakouts yet, pores are small, redness minimal.

So far so good! I think i need a better moisturizer to counteract the alcohol (the one i'm using is very lightweight). I hope my skin continues to improve! currently i'm adequately satisfied with the essence to not feel the pinch of spending so much money and i hope it continues this way.. haha. i really believe that the key is not to combine too many harsh (alcohol) products on your face at the same time, especially if you are changing your products all at once. your skin may be too sensitive to the sudden change because i think SKII products are rather potent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by MicheleMonique

I have used this product everyday for 4 years now. I quite like it. It helps keep my skin soft and clear of breakouts.