Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 2/28/2007 1:05:00 AM

I got the one in grey (don't remember exactly what its called) and I use it a lot during the winter. But during the summer it tends to run a bit. Its easy to apply and doesn't run to much ( I do have to touch it up every few hours though) Overall, a good product.

on 2/14/2007 11:18:00 PM

I have this in espresso. Everything is perfect except for the pigmentation. This perfect for ppl who want a very subtle natural look like you can't see the eyeliner itself but you can see the effect of the eyeliner. The eyeliner doesn't twist back in the tube, but at least it self sharpens. It goes on quite smoothly though. The "shelf-life" is super short. In a month it's gone. I now have discovered Almay which gives you more product, pencil sharpened, and the ability to twist back into the tube

on 2/3/2007 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I too got a free eyeliner with the purchase of Mascara. I guess that is why I grabbed it while shopping. This is fine for some ladies who perhaps do not need moisturizer under their makeup. This smudges and spreads out after a few hours. Since my skin is very light it gave me that horrific tired worn out look that I try to avoid with eye products. I do not use cover girl make up because I think my skin is too old or maybe they have never really worked with my skin type.

My skin is light, sensitive (oily in the summer, dry in the winter) and 40. (I always say close to 40). I also take medications for health reasons that tend to make my skin on the dry side. I use moisturizer under my make up which may have interfered with this eyeliner. I won't buy it again.

on 1/25/2007 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner. I use the espresso one and it's a great brown color. I have oily skin (including oily eyelids). When reading prior reviews, I was wondering why mine doesn't smear...thank goodness it doesn't. The answer: I use eyeshadow over it to soften the look. Always have. That might be why it works well for me.

on 1/15/2007 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for years and have been very satisfied by it. Glides on very smoothly and there isn't that feeling that you're wasting the liner by sharpening it, since more of it pops up when you turn the upper portion. Only problem is that, as would be expected since you're not sharpening, I don't find that it completely lives up to its name. After applying and applying with no sharpening, you don't get a perfect point, you get a balled sort of end. It takes some slow and careful application to get a nice good thin line. I like to smudge below that thin line, and this product is perfect when it comes to that (even has a little smudging tool at the end, which I don't really use, but I'm sure others do).

A suggestion for smudging - use black for the main line and charcoal to create gradations beneath it.

so, i was given this eyeliner stick as a gift by a fellow cheerleader.
i have mixed feelings about it.
it goes on reeeeally easy. it does glide on, and its tip always stays fine. the built-in smudger is convenient, and i like the twist-up sharpener. the color (black) is really nice, and the stick itself is durable and easy to carry around.
however, the one thing i DON'T like about this product is the fact that i have to reapply it. and reapply it. and reapply it.
continuously.
again and again.
it smudges waaaay too easily. i'll apply it, and not even five minutes later, it creases and smudges along my lower eyelid.
overall, it's not bad.

on 1/1/2007 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The deepest black color of this liner turns blue after a while on my eyes.. very strange and annoying. I DO use this product on the lower part of my eyes than top it with a powder liner to last longer, giving all day staying power. Also, I like the automatic point, because NONE of your product goes to waste which is a very good thing. Average product.

on 12/20/2006 9:10:00 PM

My FAVORITE. I will use nothing else. Never need to sharpen it, goes on so smooth and the smudger is so handy (saves room in the makeup bag and works great). I use it everyday and I find one lasts for a month or two. I donít like the gray too much, itís just not dark enough for me (I look 10 without eyeliner). Iím afraid theyíre going to discontinue this or change it. Iíve been using it for years. I wonder how many Iíve gone through...

on 12/6/2006 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is some of the most amazing eyeliner that I have ever used! I love that I don't have to sharpen it, and it goes on so smooth. It does tend to rub off onto my eyelid, but that;s the only problem I've ever had with it.

I LOVE this stuff in the Espresso shade. I don't buy any other eyeliner. It is easy to apply, easy to smudge, and stays on all day. Great stuff, great price!!