Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 4/13/2007 9:14:00 PM

I have this pencil in Espresso, a dark brown. This was the first eyeliner I bought, so I didn't have a comparison, but now I'm using a Revlon pencil and like the CG one better in retrospect. I liked that you didn't ever have to sharpen it and the little blender on the end. It lasted me a whole year, and usually I try not to repurchase products since there are so many out there, but I'd buy this again. It's not as smooth as some eyeliners, but it's longer-lasting than my Revlon pencil. Doesn't smudge.

on 4/9/2007 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used these eyeliners for years. I have Charcoal (my favorite), Black, and Espresso. Not only are they natural and easy to blend, but they last all day. Charcoal is great for a subtle look; not as dramatic as the Black.

on 4/3/2007 2:24:00 AM

This is my HG eyeliner! I have it in Espresso, Black, Charcoal and Midnight Blue. For me at least, it has amazing staying power. The texture is creamy without making you feel like it will be down your cheek within 10 minutes. You can draw a fair thin line or make it dramatic and thick with this fab product! It is also one of the only eyeliners I have found that is comfortable with contacts when lining the inner eye (while also having great staying power in that region!). If I know it will be a long day, I use this liner and then an angled brush with the same colour eyeshadow (MAC Charcoal Brown for Perfect Point Espresso) and it lasts all day and night! Sometimes 16 hours plus! Throw in a smudger on the other side and no need for sharpening and I am in total love!!!

I bought this eyeliner in 200 Black Onyx. I was searching for an eyeliner and a mascara and this was in a value pack. I love this eyeliner. It self-sharpens and it has a smudger. I usually have oily eyelids and this did not really smear.

on 2/28/2007 4:52:00 PM

I have this in Espresso, love it, in upper and lower lashes. Really emphasizes my brown eyes without saying "wow, look at my eyeliner". Perfect matte brown. Staying power is just fine, comes off easily with remover. Applies easily, no tugging.

on 2/28/2007 1:05:00 AM

I got the one in grey (don't remember exactly what its called) and I use it a lot during the winter. But during the summer it tends to run a bit. Its easy to apply and doesn't run to much ( I do have to touch it up every few hours though) Overall, a good product.

on 2/14/2007 11:18:00 PM

I have this in espresso. Everything is perfect except for the pigmentation. This perfect for ppl who want a very subtle natural look like you can't see the eyeliner itself but you can see the effect of the eyeliner. The eyeliner doesn't twist back in the tube, but at least it self sharpens. It goes on quite smoothly though. The "shelf-life" is super short. In a month it's gone. I now have discovered Almay which gives you more product, pencil sharpened, and the ability to twist back into the tube

on 2/3/2007 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I too got a free eyeliner with the purchase of Mascara. I guess that is why I grabbed it while shopping. This is fine for some ladies who perhaps do not need moisturizer under their makeup. This smudges and spreads out after a few hours. Since my skin is very light it gave me that horrific tired worn out look that I try to avoid with eye products. I do not use cover girl make up because I think my skin is too old or maybe they have never really worked with my skin type.

My skin is light, sensitive (oily in the summer, dry in the winter) and 40. (I always say close to 40). I also take medications for health reasons that tend to make my skin on the dry side. I use moisturizer under my make up which may have interfered with this eyeliner. I won't buy it again.

on 1/25/2007 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner. I use the espresso one and it's a great brown color. I have oily skin (including oily eyelids). When reading prior reviews, I was wondering why mine doesn't smear...thank goodness it doesn't. The answer: I use eyeshadow over it to soften the look. Always have. That might be why it works well for me.

on 1/15/2007 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for years and have been very satisfied by it. Glides on very smoothly and there isn't that feeling that you're wasting the liner by sharpening it, since more of it pops up when you turn the upper portion. Only problem is that, as would be expected since you're not sharpening, I don't find that it completely lives up to its name. After applying and applying with no sharpening, you don't get a perfect point, you get a balled sort of end. It takes some slow and careful application to get a nice good thin line. I like to smudge below that thin line, and this product is perfect when it comes to that (even has a little smudging tool at the end, which I don't really use, but I'm sure others do).

A suggestion for smudging - use black for the main line and charcoal to create gradations beneath it.