August 28, 2014 | 1130 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2007 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I too got a free eyeliner with the purchase of Mascara. I guess that is why I grabbed it while shopping. This is fine for some ladies who perhaps do not need moisturizer under their makeup. This smudges and spreads out after a few hours. Since my skin is very light it gave me that horrific tired worn out look that I try to avoid with eye products. I do not use cover girl make up because I think my skin is too old or maybe they have never really worked with my skin type.

My skin is light, sensitive (oily in the summer, dry in the winter) and 40. (I always say close to 40). I also take medications for health reasons that tend to make my skin on the dry side. I use moisturizer under my make up which may have interfered with this eyeliner. I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by boomygrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeliner. I use the espresso one and it's a great brown color. I have oily skin (including oily eyelids). When reading prior reviews, I was wondering why mine doesn't smear...thank goodness it doesn't. The answer: I use eyeshadow over it to soften the look. Always have. That might be why it works well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by nyanners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years and have been very satisfied by it. Glides on very smoothly and there isn't that feeling that you're wasting the liner by sharpening it, since more of it pops up when you turn the upper portion. Only problem is that, as would be expected since you're not sharpening, I don't find that it completely lives up to its name. After applying and applying with no sharpening, you don't get a perfect point, you get a balled sort of end. It takes some slow and careful application to get a nice good thin line. I like to smudge below that thin line, and this product is perfect when it comes to that (even has a little smudging tool at the end, which I don't really use, but I'm sure others do).

A suggestion for smudging - use black for the main line and charcoal to create gradations beneath it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by radiofreerandi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

so, i was given this eyeliner stick as a gift by a fellow cheerleader.
i have mixed feelings about it.
it goes on reeeeally easy. it does glide on, and its tip always stays fine. the built-in smudger is convenient, and i like the twist-up sharpener. the color (black) is really nice, and the stick itself is durable and easy to carry around.
however, the one thing i DON'T like about this product is the fact that i have to reapply it. and reapply it. and reapply it.
continuously.
again and again.
it smudges waaaay too easily. i'll apply it, and not even five minutes later, it creases and smudges along my lower eyelid.
overall, it's not bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by PARA_NOIR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The deepest black color of this liner turns blue after a while on my eyes.. very strange and annoying. I DO use this product on the lower part of my eyes than top it with a powder liner to last longer, giving all day staying power. Also, I like the automatic point, because NONE of your product goes to waste which is a very good thing. Average product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2006 9:10:00 PM More reviews by xx13

My FAVORITE. I will use nothing else. Never need to sharpen it, goes on so smooth and the smudger is so handy (saves room in the makeup bag and works great). I use it everyday and I find one lasts for a month or two. I donít like the gray too much, itís just not dark enough for me (I look 10 without eyeliner). Iím afraid theyíre going to discontinue this or change it. Iíve been using it for years. I wonder how many Iíve gone through...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by mandababe06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is some of the most amazing eyeliner that I have ever used! I love that I don't have to sharpen it, and it goes on so smooth. It does tend to rub off onto my eyelid, but that;s the only problem I've ever had with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

I LOVE this stuff in the Espresso shade. I don't buy any other eyeliner. It is easy to apply, easy to smudge, and stays on all day. Great stuff, great price!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by quix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought the price was OK on this - have tended to go for super-cheap (i.e. $1-2) eyeliners started out and have upgraded over time (nowadays I use MAC Powerpoint), so this is right in the middle. A friend recommended this kind to me, so I bought the Midnight Blue, which looks really good and is the only navy eyeliner I have.

However, I don't use it very often because it always ends up underneath my eyes, as opposed to on them. When I do use it, I'm always impressed by the application of it: smooth and simple. I don't use the smudging end too often, but it is useful to have. I like the click-up interface of it as well (it really is a perfect point IMO). I just wish they had made it waterproof or more sturdy somehow so it could last me longer than an hour or two!

I said that yes, I would buy again (I've been considering it lately); it's what I consider a mid-range eyeliner, which can be good if you feel like experimenting with a colour change but still want an OK product. However, I'm not too sure because of the lack of staying power; my undereye circles don't need to look any darker than they already are!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 4:58:00 PM More reviews by l_acy328

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To me this eyeliner was a very good choice. I have been buying it since for about 2 years now. It does smudge very easily and i hate having to reapply it. But it does look great once you know how to apply it accurately. :) thanks bunches. your reviews help alot with what im going to buy.