October 24, 2014 | 1704 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jubeywho

This primer works really well to have the appearance of smooth skin. This is the first primer i've used so i dont have anything yet to compare it to. I dont think i will buy it again because of the price and because i need something more mattifying. It made make up application smoother but did nothing to make it last any longer than normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by StphVal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that my foundation rarely last a whole day, I'm lucky if it even stays put till noon. So after 2 years of reading about this primer, I decided "well why the hell not". Now the only primer I've tried before was the regular primer from MAC and I hated it with a passion. So finally I got this one. I was kind of scared of wanting the product to work sooo bad that it wouldn't. So off I went to Sephora, I first tried a sample and loved it but was afraid I was making myself like it. After test trying it, I got so many comments on my skin, it was insane. I work at a Hotel so I deal with customers none stop. I got comments from so many people (men & women) that I just had to buy it. This makes my skin look amazing and my foundation lasts without lying to you...ALL DAY. I always look fresh & smooth. To me this is magic in a bottle. Will definitely will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Rhythm21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Things I love:
-soft, clean finish
-matte but not ghostly
-smooths fine lines & pores
-evens out my skintone
My only gripe is that I notice it sometimes dries leaving whitish, dusty patches even though I know I thoroughly blended it in. When I asked a sephora rep about it, she said it might be the dimethi- ingredient.. but it still is supposed to dry completely clear. Even though everything else about this product is so great, I won't buy this again because I don't want to risk looking like I have dried milk on my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by SonyaAdams

I have both the old (tinted) and new (lotion-like) versions of the Photo Finish Light Primers... both leave my skin very dry and somewhat flaky, making liquid and cream foundations look powdery before setting. I even took this out of my kit recently. The regular version is a bit better, but still a bit drying overall. The older version (tinted) is far more drying than the newer (lotion-like) one. Either way, for the price, I won't be buying these again. I've switched to several others for myself and my kit. Feel free to contact me if you care to know what they are.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by 0ubliette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this! I'd always shied away from primers because my skin is super finicky (rosacea, very oily to very dry depending on the day) to the point where I don't even wear foundation often. Well, I tried this, and at first was pleased. It felt light, smooth, and absolutely not greasy or heavy. It had a very light fragrance, but it actually did not make my skin itch, redden or burn. The scent also dissipated quickly. It truly did help my mineral foundation to stay on much, much longer and kept shine at bay for several hours. I wasn't impressed with the 'smoothing' action, though. In spite of prolonging the wear of my makeup, it didn't really smooth out any little fine lines or pores as I was hoping. Another minus is that it lacks sun protection. I used it for three days in a row, and by the morning of the fourth day, I had four giant, painful pimples on my forehead and chin (in spots where I don't get them normally). This disappoints me because either a) the primer itself actually makes me break out or b) the primer didn't do its (ideal) job and protect my skin from the minerals, which also tend to make me break out (I've just been trying to use them up for this reason). Luckily it was a sample and I didn't have to shell out for it. I guess no silicones or minerals work for my skin. For the performance I got, and the price, I don't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I simply gave this product two lippies bc it does apply my foundation very smooth but everything else about it fails miserably. I will stick to my current holy grail- clarins instant touch smooth perfector for superior results. Will not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by switchbladie

first off i needed a new primer. and i heard alot of good things about smashbox. everytime i went into sephora and asked a lady for their opinion they dragged me to the smashbox section. SO finally i picked one up. the tool they had on display really helped me figure out which on i needed.

now i have only used it a couple of times but i am in love already and im never going back. this is the first product i have ever used that has been worth my money! it goes on smoothly and makes my skin feel super smooth! and putting on make up is a breeze! best of all it holds my makeup all day long!

what really impresses me is this. i put primer on after i moisturize every day just to make my pores smaller and keep the oil on my face to a min. im in roller derby and when we practice and play we sweat ALOTTTT and i was amazed that after 3 hours of sweating and wiping my face that when i cooled off my face still felt smooth and looked great!!!

the only thing i really dont like other then the steep price of almost 40 dollars is the packaging. thats about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by donyell43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: leaves skin silky soft & matte, improves the appearance pores & fine lines

Cons: no spf & a lil pricey

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've tried a couple primers and basically gave up after this one. It caused my skin to break out with tiny pimples, something that rarely happens. Advantages: goes on smooth and does help make up go on smoothly. Disadvantages: causes break-outs on me, no sunscreen protection, no scent. I wouldn't buy this again and haven't messed with primers since this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by pmegosh

Well this was the only primer I tried so perhaps there exist better primers... I thought I would never need one but boy I was wrong!
The first time I used it, I guess I didn’t blend well or I didn’t apply to all my face. Besides, I’d only put on powder and when I came outside my house, I had dry patches all over my face! I looked as if I’d put on talc all over my cheeks! Weird, I know, ‘cause my skin is OILY. I blamed this immediately.
Then I tried it and waited for it to sink in. I put on concealer and THEN I applied powder. I found that at least for me, it works well with both powder and liquid foundations. It makes your make up last longer (I live in the North side of Mexico and we get around 40°C, which is 104 F in the Summer and even higher than that) and, really… thanks to this, make up stuff just glides easily. Just make sure you remove it reaaaaally well when you undo your make up ‘cause as it helps hiding pores, I’m sure it gets into them and we don’t like clogging them, do we?
By the way, I only need 2 pumps of this and that’s all I apply -after moisturizer :-) and no, it doesn’t make me look paler than I am (NC20), thank God!
I like the packaging, it doesn't let me waste any product. I can't remember how much it was but it was sorta pricey...