August 30, 2014 | 1695 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by SonyaAdams

I have both the old (tinted) and new (lotion-like) versions of the Photo Finish Light Primers... both leave my skin very dry and somewhat flaky, making liquid and cream foundations look powdery before setting. I even took this out of my kit recently. The regular version is a bit better, but still a bit drying overall. The older version (tinted) is far more drying than the newer (lotion-like) one. Either way, for the price, I won't be buying these again. I've switched to several others for myself and my kit. Feel free to contact me if you care to know what they are.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by 0ubliette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this! I'd always shied away from primers because my skin is super finicky (rosacea, very oily to very dry depending on the day) to the point where I don't even wear foundation often. Well, I tried this, and at first was pleased. It felt light, smooth, and absolutely not greasy or heavy. It had a very light fragrance, but it actually did not make my skin itch, redden or burn. The scent also dissipated quickly. It truly did help my mineral foundation to stay on much, much longer and kept shine at bay for several hours. I wasn't impressed with the 'smoothing' action, though. In spite of prolonging the wear of my makeup, it didn't really smooth out any little fine lines or pores as I was hoping. Another minus is that it lacks sun protection. I used it for three days in a row, and by the morning of the fourth day, I had four giant, painful pimples on my forehead and chin (in spots where I don't get them normally). This disappoints me because either a) the primer itself actually makes me break out or b) the primer didn't do its (ideal) job and protect my skin from the minerals, which also tend to make me break out (I've just been trying to use them up for this reason). Luckily it was a sample and I didn't have to shell out for it. I guess no silicones or minerals work for my skin. For the performance I got, and the price, I don't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I simply gave this product two lippies bc it does apply my foundation very smooth but everything else about it fails miserably. I will stick to my current holy grail- clarins instant touch smooth perfector for superior results. Will not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by switchbladie

first off i needed a new primer. and i heard alot of good things about smashbox. everytime i went into sephora and asked a lady for their opinion they dragged me to the smashbox section. SO finally i picked one up. the tool they had on display really helped me figure out which on i needed.

now i have only used it a couple of times but i am in love already and im never going back. this is the first product i have ever used that has been worth my money! it goes on smoothly and makes my skin feel super smooth! and putting on make up is a breeze! best of all it holds my makeup all day long!

what really impresses me is this. i put primer on after i moisturize every day just to make my pores smaller and keep the oil on my face to a min. im in roller derby and when we practice and play we sweat ALOTTTT and i was amazed that after 3 hours of sweating and wiping my face that when i cooled off my face still felt smooth and looked great!!!

the only thing i really dont like other then the steep price of almost 40 dollars is the packaging. thats about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by donyell43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: leaves skin silky soft & matte, improves the appearance pores & fine lines

Cons: no spf & a lil pricey

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've tried a couple primers and basically gave up after this one. It caused my skin to break out with tiny pimples, something that rarely happens. Advantages: goes on smooth and does help make up go on smoothly. Disadvantages: causes break-outs on me, no sunscreen protection, no scent. I wouldn't buy this again and haven't messed with primers since this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by pmegosh

Well this was the only primer I tried so perhaps there exist better primers... I thought I would never need one but boy I was wrong!
The first time I used it, I guess I didn’t blend well or I didn’t apply to all my face. Besides, I’d only put on powder and when I came outside my house, I had dry patches all over my face! I looked as if I’d put on talc all over my cheeks! Weird, I know, ‘cause my skin is OILY. I blamed this immediately.
Then I tried it and waited for it to sink in. I put on concealer and THEN I applied powder. I found that at least for me, it works well with both powder and liquid foundations. It makes your make up last longer (I live in the North side of Mexico and we get around 40°C, which is 104 F in the Summer and even higher than that) and, really… thanks to this, make up stuff just glides easily. Just make sure you remove it reaaaaally well when you undo your make up ‘cause as it helps hiding pores, I’m sure it gets into them and we don’t like clogging them, do we?
By the way, I only need 2 pumps of this and that’s all I apply -after moisturizer :-) and no, it doesn’t make me look paler than I am (NC20), thank God!
I like the packaging, it doesn't let me waste any product. I can't remember how much it was but it was sorta pricey...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by zepgirl6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this on special occassions when i want to have that perfect look...it does help my foundation apply smoother and last longer...now im not sure its worth the money since it is expensive and you dont get very much product....so im still debating on if i'll repurchase...but it does work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by cosgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Leaves a satiny, smooth finish on my oily skin and my foundation lasts and looks much better with it. Way overpriced for the amount you get, but I seem to always buy what I like regardless of the price. UPDATE: I've really changed how I feel about this product. Too watery. For the $$ I much prefer MUFE primer, but my fav is Chanel Base Lumiere $$$.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

my favorite of the smashbox primers...feels very light going on and sinks in quickly...how much it helps with foundation i'm not sure will wear a while and update later