Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 10/22/2009 12:20:00 AM

i got the sample of this primer last week and thank god i only have the sample! its definitely not worth buying. it makes your skins so oily therefore washes off your makeup. when i tried this primer i had to touch-up 3 times during the day because my face looks like i could fry eggs in them. totally gross!

so as much as my bestfriend loves this i will not buy this product!

on 10/7/2009 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I don't get the hype?! This primer is pretty awful, my makeup nor skin looks better when using this product, it smells like Elmer's Glue and I'm still oily up to 2 hours later...def. a waste of money...on to finding something better!

This is a decent primer. It does what it's supposed to do. I feel that this does make a difference in makeup application and it does hold the foundation on much longer than without a primer. This product also feels pretty light on the skin so you wont feel that you have caked layers and layers of stuff on your face.

Packaging is really thoughtful and easy to use and the formula is really smooth. There isnt really anything to complain about this product.

I wont be purchasing this (I have a few sample bottles) just because this is not something I would need for everyday purposes. Makeup by it self tend to stay pretty well on my skin without a primer (6-8 hours easily) so I only reach for this for those days when you really need your makeup to stay. For me, this isnt that practical but it doesnt take away from the fact that it is a very good primer.

Overall a great product and you really get a decent amount with your money. Check this out if you're looking for a foundation primer. It feels really light on the skin and makes your skin super smooth!

on 9/30/2009 10:58:00 PM

So this is so far the best primer I tried out. Even better than Bare Escentuals Prime Time primer. I tried the oil-free light version of this primer and it kept my makeup stay put mostly all of the day. After about 6 hours I had to reapply some powder around my nose and forehead, but I'm happy with that!
It goes on very smooth and silky, leaving you with a fresh feeling. Dries instantly on your skin, so you can go ahead and apply makeup right over it. Great!

on 9/26/2009 10:44:00 PM

My friend let me try this product. I have never used a primer before so I have nothing else to compare it to. I was very happy with the way this enhanced my foundation. I used it twice. Once with Jane Iredale pressed powder and once with La Mer liquid foundation. I could see a noticeable difference and it lasted all day. Never felt greasy. I also tried the Photo Finish normal and I didn't like it. I could actually see the powder as if it seemed to float on top of it. It did feel silky going on, but it only seemed to make powder foundation look more noticeable. Stick with the light formula. Unless I break out, I would buy this again.

on 9/19/2009 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Although this did help control the oil better than the original photo finish, my foundation did not sit well on my skin. It looked like it sat on top of my skin. It's a no better primer than the MAC Prep + Prime. I much prefer the original photo finish over this even though I have to blot more but the finish is beautiful. I will not repurchase, its not worth the price for me.

on 9/12/2009 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Made me break out will not purchase again. It does stop the break through shine but not worth it.

on 9/8/2009 11:27:00 PM

Made me break out in small little bumps. Too bad, since I liked how it looked under my foundation while it lasted......

I love this stuff...my skin is combo/oily so I don't like the silicone feel of the regular Photo Finish...Great texture..a little thick but I let it sink in before I apply my liquid foundation. Overall, this would be considered one of the HG.

on 8/18/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I haven't tried the regular Photo Finish, so I can't compare this to it. I've been using Photo Finish Light for about 2 months now and at first I didn't notice that it was even doing anything. I began to use it every other day just to see whether or not it was actually working. I have noticed that my skin is less oily on the days that I wear it and my foundation does go on a little smoother. It doesn't last all day, at least not as long as it should for the price. It is worth noting that it hasn't broken me out yet, so I'll continue using it until it's all gone. I wouldn't repurchase this unless it were about half the price I paid for it (close to 40 bucks).