July 30, 2014 | 1886 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

DILUTED Lemon Juice is really amazing for oily/acne prone skin skin but I learned that the hard way! I tried rubbing half a lemon over my skin and boy oh boy was that a huge mistake! Please make sure you dilute this! I read online that ice helps to reduce pimples and I read on another website that lemon juice dries out pimples so I froze lemon water and put that on one of my pimple it worked quite well but not as well as TTO or BP/SA. (I learned the ice trick before Michelle Phan btw) I am taking of a lippie for being slow, but I will still use/recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by yaxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lemon juice is actually one of my favorite beauty products! In conjunction with good skincare habits, applying lemon juice to my face has helped keep the pimples away. But what really blows me away about using lemon juice as a skincare product is how wonderful it is at reducing the redness of the acne scars. It works better than anything else that I've tried, including topical creams, microderm, and chemical peels. I can put the lemon juice on at night and see a dramatic difference when I wake up the next day--it's that good! When I fall off of the skincare wagon and stop using lemon juice, the redness does reappear. I suspect that this is due to UV light exposure over time. But as soon as I start reapplying lemon juice, I see the fabulous results again.

I would have thought that freshly-squeezed lemon juice would be the most effective. But after a bit of testing, I actually found that the bottled Santa Cruz Organics lemon juice worked better than other bottled juices AND better than fresh juice. (Side note: I find that it gives a better flavor in cocktails and other drinks, too... perhaps it's more highly-concentrated than fresh lemon juice?)

At first, I tried applying the juice with a cotton ball, but I found that this was overkill. My face would end up feeling sticky, stinging, and irritated. Now, I keep the lemon juice in a small spray bottle in the fridge. It's very easy to apply a few spritzes, and it keeps the application light.

I use the lemon juice on alternating nights in place of a more traditional skin serum--after cleansing, before nighttime moisturizer. It feels and smells great. Please, please give lemon juice a try as a skincare item, especially if you suffer from red acne scarring.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by joya12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Because of mua ive been using lemon juice and it works great. My skin is sensitive n i break out easily and im always trying to find natural remedies. I use this once or twice a week and it gives my skin a nice glow n helps minimize my pores without using harsh products

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lemons have many uses in cosmetics and bath & body products.
They can be used internally or topically.

I use Lemon Juice, Essential Oil, Zest & Rind for different things.

Lemon juice has great skin-lightening properties and the Ascorbic acid is a powerful (but easily degraded) anti-oxidant.

Plus you can cook with them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lemons & lemon juice are great for everything but I would not use them & sugar or salt as body scrubs because I believe that's a waste of good food (except in a rare emergency if there are no alternatives). I use a gentle but effective exfoliating mit with coconut-based gentle cleanser to exfoliate my face & a natural bristle brush for my body. I save the sugar (well, I avoid the sugar! lol & I wouldn't buy costly sugar just for the use of body exfoliation) & valuable salt & lemons for use in my kitchen. Love the smell of lemons!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite use for lemons is for a home-made hand scrub. I squeeze the juice of a lemon on a cup of white sugar, mix it well, it creates a lovely scrub. Then I use it on my hands, cuticles etc. Once you wash it off your hands will feel at their softest. The lemon also helps with yellow staining on the nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Reira

Tip: I use it with Burt's Bees Pore Refining Mask with French Green Clay. I mix the lemon juice (little) with the clay powder and leave the masque to dry. Voila! My face felt so much cleaner after each session! The combination cleared up the impurities that's stuck.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Lemons and Raw sugar is great for lips and face to exfoliate. Will clear up pimples too! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by katmidkiff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love how this works for everyone, I will try it on my face, years ago I used it as a high lighter on my hair and it worked beautifully, however, one day I became super sensitive and got a bad case of sun poisoning, be careful in the sun with lemons, I used it for years and it only happened one time and once was enough for me.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by smbnavaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using lemon juice for 1 week now because I have moderate acne for like forever. Saw the great reviews here and decided to give it a try.I use it morning and night. In a span of 1 week it dried up all my pimples and slightly starting to clear away my scars. However I'll try to just use it at night now because it's starting to dry up my skin. And maybe eventually just on the affected areas and 3x a week. I've tried everything in the drugstore and this is the only one that worked.