September 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Using this in Rich Vanilla. Staying in the tropics, and have dry skin with some slight oiliness in T-zone. Gives me nice, glowy skin but please be warned that it WILL emphasize your pores a bit, though not too bad in my case. Will apply first thing in the morning after sunblock, never need to retouch till the end of the day. My face will get a bit oily around 4pm though, so will brush on some loose CD powder or Chanel Mat Lumiere compact powder, and that will solve the problem pronto. Great coverage, no breakouts in my case. Using this powder with a matte sunblock helps tremendously. Try my HG of all sunblocks, the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection cream or lotion. Can't use this with oilier, shinier suncreen like Laneige High Lasting Sunblock, makes my dry face so shiny and oily I'm scared to stand near any fire source for fear of my face catching fire. Haha!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After buying this twice I guess I should finally write a review. This is definitely a heavier coverage mmu (which I like and need). I don't need concealer on my broken caps and leftover red marks and find that a stiff old e/s brush with extra of this on top of marks covers beautifully. My biggest gripe is that is does oxidize on my chin in nice little orange spots. I tried a zillion primers and the best thing is the Fryinnae yellow rice powder first. No more Cheeto spots! I'm currently rotating this and the new Lancome they are almost identical on me. LM even in Real Sand is still a touch too pink but it's a decent match. This can easily look cakey and patchy and requires good blending and dry time after s/s and primers. I use the EM flat top brush to achieve heavy coverage and kind of stipple it on. Wroth a try if you need coverage and like mmu.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by KK18

I don't hate it but I don't love it. I was using it with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and I felt like it wasn't doing anything to make my skin look better. I was hoping for more of an illuminating glow with light coverage and I didn't feel like I was achieving that.
I think the packaging is pretty decent for a loose powder. I still have about half a container left and dust it over my current foundation if I'm looking for a little more coverage or a long lasting affect.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by angelakahealer

I have very oily,sensitive, and acne-prone skin. This has great coverage and doesn't make me break-out and I like the fact that is has SPF 15 in it. The packaging is definitely not my favorite. It's pretty inconvinient, and can get messy. The coverage is great, but it does look like you have a mask on, and it gives that dewey glow like all mineral makeups do. And it's not as matte as I want it to be so I always set it with an oil-free powder. Currently I'm using Lorac oil-free wet/dry powder for touchups and it's been working great for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by doris2788

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I applied this product using a brush, and every time I use it, it feels like a mask over my face. It makes my skin really oily, clogs my pores, and it doesn't match my skin tone, a bit too pink for me. I also hate that the minerals stick together, so I have to get it out of the container, put it on the cap, and break it up with my brush every time. It is a total waste of time. I usually don't mind high prices, but such product should not cost that much. I would not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff, it is a billion times better than any other mineral powder. It matches my really yellow but palish skin unlike every other powder I've tried, and it's light enough in coverage that you can't see it but it still evens out my complexion. The packaging is great because you can close the holes so the powder can't get everywhere, and it lasts forever. It's fast to apply, doesn't clog pores like foundation always does for me, and I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by mustbeyv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i was thinking if i should by this or not and the reviews just made me want to more. i dont really like it, its too powdery looking and gets alittle cakey. i dont feel like it stays on, the lady told me that if you dont use a primer with this foundation that it would fall off really quick. i dont think that even the primer is strong enough to keep this on me all day, i even let my friend try it whose got normal skin and she said the same thing. i even let her use the primer too. so now i just dust it on it i am going to close by places like the corner store or walks at night haha or when im bord and play with makeup or try to waste it sometimes. i also dont like how this product looks on my nose, i do peels and exfoliate and moisterize /prime, but it doesnt look smooth on my nose :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Meritorious

+ perfect shade match (which is rare)
+ excellent for evening out skin tone
+ enough coverage to mask imperfections while also looking natural
+ *some* SPF
+ superior jar design
__________
= possible HG!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this seems to be better for those of us who are over 35. I was reading such varying reviews on this makeup and was on the fence for quite awhile about it because of that. Once I filtered the reviews by age category (reason #457 why I lourve MUA), though, I could see that most of the ladies who really like this are in my age group.
So I thought I'd go into Sephora to pick up samples of the lightest shades-- soft porcelain and tender rose-- but once I saw them in the store, I knew that soft porcelain would be best. And it's better than that. I have used so many brands of mineral makeup and none of them hit the right shade. The good thing about powder, though, is that you can mix them up to suit your needs but that gets tiresome and adds to the length of your daily routine. So I am SOOOOOO glad that this matches me perfectly-- in daylight, under flourescent lights, in pictures. No chalkiness. Does not settle in fine lines. Laura Mercier Mineral Powder does what I always heard raves about with other foundations-- it melds with my skin beautifully. It might be that this is the first time a shade has worked so perfectly for me, but the finish on it has to have something to do with it too. It's light enough to show your skin but perfects it nicely-- like a filter. Lasts all day without getting cakey. I actually didn't have to redo my makeup the other evening when going out after wearing it all day. Just a little touch-up.

I do use a primer and finishing powder with this. I'm considering the LM Mineral Primer but that has a lot of 'cones in it and I am leery. But I do prime with some kind of moisturizer, usually a higher SPF one. The new Korres 'cone-free primer is nice with this foundation. Aromaleigh Porcelaine or MAC Blot are fabulous on top to finish.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

***UPDATE*** 11/16/09

I had to stop using this product. It really started to dry out my skin and make me look old. It settled into every line that i didn't even know I had and made my skin just look awful even when I wasn't wearing it. ******

****ORIGINAL REVIEW****
Oh my G_d! I just got this and I love it. It makes my horrendously textured skin look so much better! It must be the light it reflects. I've tried other mineral makeups: Jane Iredale, BE, Aromaleigh, and others I can't recall. This one beats them hands down. I do do really well with LM products, though, so maybe my skin just reacts well to them. I will update if something bad happens, like break-outs, etc., but I love this MU so much that I am actually praying that that doesn't happen, because I don't want to give this up!

* I am a light to medium with golden undertones and got Rich Vanilla. It matches perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sailormon

Initially I was worried about the coverage and whether it would turn out unevn. I previously used LM's liquid foundation and was totally happy with it bt was tempted by all the positives of mineral foundation esp as I have very oily t-zone!

I've used this (along with the mineral primer & finishing powder) for ~1wk and seriously loving it! Application wise it does take longer than liquid foundation and because I like more coverage esp for my t-zone (big pores) I have to keep circling with my kabuki brush (I suggest getting the Body Shop kabuki brush rather than the one LM promotes). The end result is worth it. Great for ppl with oily skin! It has longer staying powder and my skin doesn't get half as shiny!

I only gave it 4/5 because I've never used another mineral foundation before so I can't compare bt this product is def worth trying. I do find it a little exy bt out of all makeup productions I think foundation is the one worth splurging on!