December 21, 2014 | 1926 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by galit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mineral powder. I love the way I can build it up for more coverage. I love the warm tone it adds to my skin while at the same time matching my skin color perfectly (I use Natural Beige for every day, and Classic Beige when I want to look bronzed). It covers the redness and broken capillaries in my skin and evens my skin tone without any concealer underneath, and allows enough red to show through so that it looks natural. Sometimes I use a little bit of blush but it's not always necessary depending on how much foundation I build up. I tried liquid foundations (Dior, LM) and tinted moisturizers (LM), but no matter how thin the liquids are, they still felt cakey, and I couldn't get the colors right. The tinted moisturizer was a disaster. But this mineral powder just works so well for me, for daily and evening use. Quite possibly HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ledonatella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do have acne prone skin and this is a HG must have for me! Not only does it cover beautifully and feel like silk on, it's very gentle. I have had no problems at all since using this. Prior to this I was switching between Px and Bare Escentuals mineral powders and I am so glad I found this. It covers better than BE and doesn't have that cakey feeling BE has, and doesn't give me a shiney look like Px. I don't care what ingrediants supposedly do what to your skin to make you break out (see review below) but I know as a liscensed Esthetician that everyone's skin is different and what can make one person's skin react might not do anything to someone else. Always try before you buy of course, but honestly I love this powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Johnamua

Ladies...if you have ACNE-PRONE skin...I would NOT recommend this product to you. It lists bismuth oxychloride as one of its top ingredients and I did not learn until weeks with cystic acne that this ingredient is an IRRITANT and can cause cystic acne. If you are ACNE-PRONE and dare try this product...save your receipt and original packaging first so you can return if it unfortunately causes this problem. And do your RESEARCH first on bismuth oxychloride (and other skin irritants) and other foundations that may be more suitable for you....always test-try! I am heading to the book store to see what Paula Bergeoun recommends for foundation for acne-prone skin.
I had high hopes for this product and if it weren't for this irritating ingredient and my acne prone skin, I'd give it a 5... the coverage & oil control is awesome. I went full 8hr days @ work w/o the primer and never blotting. Would leave a nice dewy glow (versus oil-slick) though - which didn't bother me but some may need to blot if a more matte look through day is desired. And the vanilla-rich color matches my light to golden asian skin perfectly. If you don't have the problems I have, I'd highly recommend it.
*Update: Went back to using my LM pressed powder foundation for my everyday/casual foundation. When I returned the mineral powder, the SA suggested I wear the pp fdtn over LM oil-free TM for more oil control and coverage. They pair very well together. You can read my reviews of those.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

UPDATE** 11/7/09** No, I guess I got too excited too quickly on this. It dries my face out and makes it look older than it really is. I so wanted to like it, as MMU is just so much more convenient, but, alas, it's not for me. :( **Original review** I've tried many MMU before and never had any luck with my dry skin. Thought I had it with Meow Cosmetics, but when I ordered the full size after using the sample, it didn't look the same for some really odd reason, and you can't return their products :/...... Anyway, I had been waiting to order this through Sephora, and they were out for, like, 6 weeks, but I finally got it, and am soooo glad I did! I am fair-med yellow-undertone complexion, and the Laura Mercier Online Artist hit the color for me spot-on. She suggested Natural Beige, and while I ordered that along with the Classic Beige just to be sure, the Nat. Beige was the best 'settled in' shade. The Classic Beige was a bit too dark, and I knew I wouldn't be able to wear it year 'round. As for the finish and the wear, I love it! Since I have really dry skin, I moisturize really well a bit beforehand, and use a primer (Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel, bizarre, but works!), let the primer dry a bit, then buff on using the Everyday Minerals flat-top brush. The finish is like soft satin. Not too dry and powdery looking, and not too shiny (BE are you listening?) It also does not irritate my sensitive skin or make it itchy. YAY!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromMichigan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely sensitive skin and have a difficult time finding foundation that does not break me out. I wanted to try mineral makeup again as I am always up for trying something. SA at Sephora pointed me in the direction of LA mineral foundation. I have been wearing the foundation for about two months now and I can happily report NO break outs and the finished product when applied with The Body Shop's mineral brush is absolutely beautiful. My skin looks as though it has been brushed with silk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Using this in Rich Vanilla. Staying in the tropics, and have dry skin with some slight oiliness in T-zone. Gives me nice, glowy skin but please be warned that it WILL emphasize your pores a bit, though not too bad in my case. Will apply first thing in the morning after sunblock, never need to retouch till the end of the day. My face will get a bit oily around 4pm though, so will brush on some loose CD powder or Chanel Mat Lumiere compact powder, and that will solve the problem pronto. Great coverage, no breakouts in my case. Using this powder with a matte sunblock helps tremendously. Try my HG of all sunblocks, the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection cream or lotion. Can't use this with oilier, shinier suncreen like Laneige High Lasting Sunblock, makes my dry face so shiny and oily I'm scared to stand near any fire source for fear of my face catching fire. Haha!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After buying this twice I guess I should finally write a review. This is definitely a heavier coverage mmu (which I like and need). I don't need concealer on my broken caps and leftover red marks and find that a stiff old e/s brush with extra of this on top of marks covers beautifully. My biggest gripe is that is does oxidize on my chin in nice little orange spots. I tried a zillion primers and the best thing is the Fryinnae yellow rice powder first. No more Cheeto spots! I'm currently rotating this and the new Lancome they are almost identical on me. LM even in Real Sand is still a touch too pink but it's a decent match. This can easily look cakey and patchy and requires good blending and dry time after s/s and primers. I use the EM flat top brush to achieve heavy coverage and kind of stipple it on. Wroth a try if you need coverage and like mmu.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by KK18

I don't hate it but I don't love it. I was using it with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and I felt like it wasn't doing anything to make my skin look better. I was hoping for more of an illuminating glow with light coverage and I didn't feel like I was achieving that.
I think the packaging is pretty decent for a loose powder. I still have about half a container left and dust it over my current foundation if I'm looking for a little more coverage or a long lasting affect.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by angelakahealer

I have very oily,sensitive, and acne-prone skin. This has great coverage and doesn't make me break-out and I like the fact that is has SPF 15 in it. The packaging is definitely not my favorite. It's pretty inconvinient, and can get messy. The coverage is great, but it does look like you have a mask on, and it gives that dewey glow like all mineral makeups do. And it's not as matte as I want it to be so I always set it with an oil-free powder. Currently I'm using Lorac oil-free wet/dry powder for touchups and it's been working great for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by doris2788

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I applied this product using a brush, and every time I use it, it feels like a mask over my face. It makes my skin really oily, clogs my pores, and it doesn't match my skin tone, a bit too pink for me. I also hate that the minerals stick together, so I have to get it out of the container, put it on the cap, and break it up with my brush every time. It is a total waste of time. I usually don't mind high prices, but such product should not cost that much. I would not buy this product again.