April 19, 2014 | 1991 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sillyK

I grew up using baby powder in my hair between washings since that was my mom's go-to method when I was younger. I still do it from time to time when I don't have dry shampoo handy but I have black hair now (dyed) so it turns my hair very powdery and grey.

The only other dry shampoo Ive used was from Tresemme and I will never repurchase. Ever. This one, however, I bought in the Tropical scent, is wonderful. It doesn't become pasty or too powdery (Its a bit white-ish at first but finger combing does the trick) and the scent isn't overwhelming (it does fade quickly).

I like that it actually (finally) does make my hair feel fresher and lighter, not tacky or chalky at all. FINALLY a product that does exactly what it says it does. It's a bit pricey for the size, I run out pretty quickly but I'll continue to purchase this product as it's much less expensive than other brands and it actually works. I love this stuff, HG dry shampoo for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

i really like this stuff. the first (and only other) dry shampoo i tried was the tresemme one, and it was honestly terrible. after that, i didn't think any dry shampoo would work for me, but i'm really glad i tried this one! i found the little travel sized ones at pharmasave, and bought the original scent. the other scents were a bit strong for my liking. the packaging looks like something from the 80's - definitely different. i loved this pretty much the first time i used it - it does spray on a bit white, but once i rub it in, it blends into my dark hair (something the tresemme didn't do for me) and it actually absorbs oil and basically just refreshes my hair. the only thing i don't really love is the price, the travel sized one was $5 or $6 (CAD) and after only using it literally 5x at the most, it was empty. i just bought the full size, which was just over $10 after tax, so i'm hoping it lasts me a bit longer. (i still have a lot left of the tresemme one and i've had it for quite a while - i keep hoping it'll work for me if i use it differently) even if this does run out really fast, i would still keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by mymelody87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a whole lot of dry shampoos and I keep coming back to Batiste. It's an aerosol spray-on powder, which you rub in and brush away, taking the powder, and excess oil, with it. I use dry shampoo because of the relentless oiliness of my roots in the crown and bang area and my hair's thin texture. Since I only use it in those spots it lasts a while for me, about a month if used every other day. My favorite scent is Blush, which smells strong when initially applied but disperses quickly, leaving a light and inoffensive floral scent to the hair for a couple of hours afterwards. I've never had a problem with whitish residue left behind, but my hair's strawberry blond so it blends well. There's a version for brunettes as well in case "whitish cast" is a problem for you. IMO the powder is easily removed with brushing. And if it doesn't come out or seems to be resistant it's always because I haven't rubbed it in well enough, or my hair is super greasy and it needs time to "set" in my hair. Once it's all brushed out, though, it's gone, and my hair is left clean (both in appearance and in feel, which is extremely important to me; who wants hair that looks clean but feels filthy? not me), slightly volumized, and smelling good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is coloured and I don't like to wash it more often than every three days. On the third day the roots feel a little oily, but Batiste takes care of this - I just spray a little onto my fingertips (warning - it is cold) and massage into the oily areas. I leave it while I do my makeup, then brush out - it eliminates oiliness and gives my hair a little volume. I found that spraying direct onto my hair made the brushing out time a nuisance, and it really is just the roots that need a lift, so applying this way saves time and waste. I use original or tropical scents, both of which I like - I may give the new "brunette" one a try next. This product is cheap and widely available in the UK, definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Batiste is undoubtedly a great dry shampoo, probably one of the best in the drugstore price range, but I think it's too expensive for how many uses I get per container. I have to use it sparingly, alternating between Batiste and Suave, because I don't want to shell out $8 every couple of weeks. Out of all the scents, Fresh is my favorite. I will definitely repurchase because I love the texture it gives my flat, freshly washed hair and the way it sucks up the oil of my second- or third-day hair, but like I said, it's a little expensive for my preference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the Boho scent.
It really does volumize and refresh hair :D
and it will leave a whitish cast but you have to work it in your hair and it'll dissappear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I brought the tropical scent - smells like a Pina Colada in my hair. :) My hair gets oily near the roots and so does my fringe, but I don't necessarily want to wash it everyday. I spray a bit of this on my hair near the roots and brush through. Wow. Goodbye greasy hair. Hair still remains soft and easily brush-able. Plus, leaves a nice smell too. I'm a brunette and didn't notice any white residue. Repurchasing this definitely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An absolute life saver for hair that goes oily at the roots like mine. I used to use talc between shampoos but this is way less messy. I have dyed blonde hair and the rest of my hair is just too dry to wash everyday. not only does this absorb excess oil but it camouflages root regrowth as well. My only gripe is that you have to shake it well in between sprays and that it runs out quickly. Still I found the original one at semichem for 0.99 so I am stockpiling it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I currently have black hair and yes it does turn my hair grey, but once it absorbs, there is no residual grey left. What helps is definitely holding the can out the recommended distance, otherwise it's like using the temporary white hair color you see at halloween stores. My hair looks and feels like I just washed it and I'm able to do whatever to it. I hate washing my hair, but am cursed with an oily scalp, so the most I can go without washing is a day. This helps me out greatly and I can go almost two days without a hair washing. My only issue is the bottle size is tiny. It's the same price as other dry shampoos from Sallys, but only 2/3 the size. So one bottle will last me only 3 weeks. I've used the Blush one and though the scent is a little strange at first, it isn't very strong and does not linger, so you won't be stuck smelling it all day. Definitely is a HG product. I could not live without this now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW. I was skeptical of dry shampoos, but I'm a convert. I no longer wash my hair everyday (and the oilies did eventually calm down!), but I still get a bit greasy. Batiste to the rescue! It leaves my fine, straight hair looking and feeling very soft and healthy, without any oilies. Gives a bit of volume, too. Slight scent, but it goes away quickly. The price is a bit high considering the can is so small, but it's still worth it. My hair is very dark, and this leaves no white streaks at all once you brush it through.