MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

4.1

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sorbitan tristearate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Propylene carbonate, Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, Hydrogenated palm glycerides, Phytosteryl isostearate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 5/17/2007 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i didnt actually buy this but the ma swiped some on my hand to swatch. although i didnt like the brush coz it looked waaayyy too thin, he said they last all day hence the name and boy, did it! throughout the day i licked my fingers to try rub it off but it wouldnt budge. even when i got home the colour was still there and water couldnt even move it. without the use of waterproof makeup remover, it took water, soap and loadsss of vigorous rubbing till my hand turned red. if you want a realllyyyy longlasting liner, get this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have 2 Liquidlast eyeliners and am going out to buy my third. This is truly the BEST make-up product I have ever used. It goes on perfectly (try using a different brush if you want a thin line, though) and lasts and doesn't lose any of its vividness or shine throughout the day.
It can be tough to get off, but I have discovered that Lush's 'Ultrabland' works miracles on it and gets it off quickly and easily!

on 4/24/2007 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

the blackest black! i looooove liquidlast liners they last forever and the colour are to die for :)

on 4/23/2007 2:58:00 AM

UPDATE 2: I've now switched to Revlon Colorstay's black liquid liner and found that I actually like it better because the black isn't as intense and its staying power is just as good. The brush is finer too - makes a precise application easier. And of course, it's about half the price. I don't know if this would survive a beach holiday quite as well as MAC Liquidlast but it's not like I go for beach holidays very often anyway.

UPDATE 1: I wore this eyeliner on a beach holiday and it is utterly superb - survived hours swimming in the sea, a shower & dinner afterwards!

I was amazed that this survived an extremely sweaty day AND a shower. Maybelline oil-based makeup remover gets this off fairly quickly. I needed practice to get a precise line, but it was totally worth it. I like wearing just one line of this on my lids with no shadow & green/purple/blue mascara when I want a more minimal look.

on 4/21/2007 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I do not like the applicator brush, it's not thin enough for me. The only good thing about this is it DOES NOT SMUDGE OR BUDGE. The bad thing is I have tried 3 differen eye makeup removers and it will not get all of it off no matter how much I apply or how many times I swipe the cotton pad over my eye in any direction. I tried, clinique, rimmel and sephora brand removers. Of course i tried regular hot water and a washcloth too. What finally got the rest of it off was vaseline and tissues.

on 3/24/2007 7:58:00 PM

I tried to apply mascara the day after using (and washing this eyeliner off in the evening). My mascara went on horribly, as if I had never washed my mascara off or as if I had waterproof mascara on and didn't remove it all. I don't use waterproof mascara. Then I realized it was the new eyeliner that had coated my eyelashes after I washed my face the night before with soap and water.

I have oily eyelids and find that my eyeliner will sometimes fade on hot days. I will tell you without a doubt that this eyeliner does not budge. However, as some have been complaining about, it is very difficult to wash off. The operative word is "wash." You cannot use soap and water and expect this liner to wash off. It won't. You need to use an oily makeup remover or Neutrogena's non-oily remover (that stuff is great).

I don't like rubbing my eyes to get makeup off, so I'm returning this eyeliner. I haven't gone swimming with this eyeliner, but I would bet that it would stay on through a swim. Problem is, it may pull your eyelashes out too.

I will stay with my MAC gel eyeliner. Love that!

on 3/21/2007 10:36:00 PM

PROS: Doesn't budge. Easy to apply, compared to some liquid liners. All the colors are super, but Point Black is a beauty staple.... CONS: DOESN'T BUDGE! This stuff is so hard to get off. It also dries quickly, so if you mess up the tiniest bit in the application, you need to keep q-tips handy with an oil-based eye makeup remover. Annoying. I would definitely repurchase though. Oily eyelids often lead my eyeliner to smudge and diminish. This doesn't move. :)

EDIT: Still doesn't budge, but I stopped using it because it started to get really thick. I'd pull the brush out and the product isn't as smooth as I would like. Almost...lumpy. Not dry.. just thick. Leaves the issue of having to wipe a little off. I have a ton of build-up now, where the brush is inserted back into the small tube thing. Yeck.

on 3/4/2007 6:05:00 PM

I like the rich blackness of this liner and that it will last and last but I hate that it gets gooey and gunky after a few days which makes the application harder. and if you try to go over the line to make it thicker or fix it up, after it dries it looks like it starts to peel and flake at those areas. I'm going to give this to my mom. ha

on 3/4/2007 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a really intense black liner, which stays put until you use a really effective eye-makeup remover. It is quite tricky to apply until you get used to it, not ideal if you are in a rush. The brush on applicator could be better designed as you need to wipe off excess liquid on the opening of the tube to get a thinner brush and line. The brush also feels a bit scratchy when you are near the inner corner of the eye. I can imagine this little tube lasting a very long time so it is good value for money. Edit: I have now discovered the wonders of Fluidlines and prefer these much more.

on 2/26/2007 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

What in the world....This stuff is thick, sticky and goopy. It's like trying to apply drying glue to your eyes. Like really old makeup that's gone thick. I'm good at applying liquid liner, and even though the brush that came with it sucks.....that wasn't really the issue. The problem was with the consistency! And it dries so instantly that by the time you get it on a good quality brush (which takes about 3 secs) it's already hard and dry....then you need oil to get it off your brush. I never thought it could be possible but this lasts too well....I use jojoba oil and it's still a pain to remove. On the upside, it's such a great true black color....if only it wasn't so sticky. I'm thinking I'll try to dilute it with something else.