December 19, 2014 | 1234 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by funkergirl

I like the rich blackness of this liner and that it will last and last but I hate that it gets gooey and gunky after a few days which makes the application harder. and if you try to go over the line to make it thicker or fix it up, after it dries it looks like it starts to peel and flake at those areas. I'm going to give this to my mom. ha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really intense black liner, which stays put until you use a really effective eye-makeup remover. It is quite tricky to apply until you get used to it, not ideal if you are in a rush. The brush on applicator could be better designed as you need to wipe off excess liquid on the opening of the tube to get a thinner brush and line. The brush also feels a bit scratchy when you are near the inner corner of the eye. I can imagine this little tube lasting a very long time so it is good value for money. Edit: I have now discovered the wonders of Fluidlines and prefer these much more.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mena14

What in the world....This stuff is thick, sticky and goopy. It's like trying to apply drying glue to your eyes. Like really old makeup that's gone thick. I'm good at applying liquid liner, and even though the brush that came with it sucks.....that wasn't really the issue. The problem was with the consistency! And it dries so instantly that by the time you get it on a good quality brush (which takes about 3 secs) it's already hard and dry....then you need oil to get it off your brush. I never thought it could be possible but this lasts too well....I use jojoba oil and it's still a pain to remove. On the upside, it's such a great true black color....if only it wasn't so sticky. I'm thinking I'll try to dilute it with something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Miataylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'll start off by saying that I HATE the thought of paying anything more than $5 for something that seems as basic as an eyeliner. HOWEVER, this is an HG product for me! I use this to line my lower lash line, and it stays on the entire day. It is NOT a product for liquid liner novices since the product stays put once it's on. The brush is kinda hard to get used to, but once you master it, it's perfect! Point black is just that, a TRUE jet black. I have repurchased this once (the first one lasted me about 5 months), and I will be repurchasing it again once I run out. :) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cstg

At first, I liked the Liquidlast Liner because it stays put through heat and sweat. But it's hard to apply and doesn't really go on smoothly, even me with a steady hand. Compared to the Fluidline gel eyeliner, Liquidlast loses hands down. The only good thing is that it's portable, while Fluidline you got to buy the eyeliner brush for application. But after a while my eyelids stung, I think after the extreme heat and sweat, it irritated my eyes a bit. Don't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2007 7:03:00 AM More reviews by relax_its_luisa

This product is definitley NOT for the novice in liquid liner. if you can't do wing with any average eyeliner i suggest you don't try it with this one. if you mess up you can only get if off with a oil based remover. but if you know what youre doing then i really recommend this product. i can cry like a baby and it will stay put. i promise.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by la_petite_pipistrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was given me by a lovely thoughtful friend, and I can't thank her enough. If you love vintage make-up looks, this is *the* perfect intense black eyeliner! It is really and truly utterly smudge-proof... I know this for a fact, as it stayed on for the entirety of a rather debauched event, and still looked perfectly applied thirty-six hours later (no doubt it would have lasted even longer, except that I finally got home and washed it off). It is also quite waterproof... on another occasion, I tightlined my upper lashline with this, went scuba diving, and it was still perfectly intact at the pub when we went for a post-dive drink. The creamy liquid formula makes a very cleanly defined, crisp black line. I've applied it using a flat eyeliner brush, but have since discovered (much to my surprise) that the brush that comes with the liner is actually perfectly good for painting on the winged-out cats-eye that I like to wear. I don't find it difficult to remove either—a little sweet almond oil patted on with a dampened cotton bud works quite well for me. My one concern is the way the product tends to gloop thickly round the narrow little opening... I wonder if I'll end up having to scrape clotted product off the rim in a month.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FINAL REVIEW: 5 months later, and I've given up on this. Will not repurchase - ever! Got gloppier and gloppier, increasingly difficult to use. The only good things about this is: doesn't budge + true dark black colour. Here's my previous review. Ok here's the deal: my HG is L'Oreal Lineur Intense (bristle brush). Works best when i wipe some product off the bristle on the top of the tube, so i get a flatter brush - thinner line.. but it has to have just the right amount of product still on it otherwise the line isn't clean. Yet again, another difficult MAC product.
WHAT'S GOOD: it's a bristle brush (i detest felt-tips); great true strong black colour; doesn't budge; doesn't smear; doesn't smudge; easy to remove with oil (i use almond oil or castor oil); didn't irritate my eyes; neat see-through tube so you can see how much product you have left; very little product is needed each time - seems as though the tube will last forever!WHAT IRKS ME: 1) The Wand.. the wand!! It's too short for me - so i end up with some product on my lashes - i can usually wipe that off immediately; 2) The Formula is Too Gloppy: i like to be able to control the line to make it as thick or thin as i want .. with Liquidlast i have less control and it always seems a bit raised or gloppy-ish when dry.
If i could i would have returned this and reverted to L'Oreal, but silly me - i took my L'Oreal brush to try and use with this instead (didn't really work). So for now: i'll use Liquidlast until i buy another L'Oreal/until i find this really too difficult. If by miracle i figure out how to use this like a pro, i'd repurchase. That being said, the PowerPlum colour looks fab and may just purchase that one! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 7:43:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Liquid liners are one area where I really come unstuck. 90% of them badly irritate my eyes (stinging, weeping, the whole gamut of nastiness). I was previously using the Rimmel Exaggerate ll, which worked nicely but the liquidlast liners kept winking at me every time I walked past a MAC counter.
Finally asked one of the assistants to try some on me. I gave it 30 minutes and there was none of the irritation I was expecting (the normal MAC liquid liner was one of the worst for my eyes), it didn't even feel like I had any on. I went back & purchased this & Inky straight away.

The staying power is great, I tend to get weepy eyes when it's windy or my allergies are playing up and this stuff stays put.
My only complaint would be that the brush in the packaging isn't the greatest but it certainly isn't the worst. I use my 266 to do the inital application and then use the brush provided if I want a more dramatic line.
Definitely a repurchase for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2007 8:59:00 AM More reviews by miss_leahmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I effing hate this stuff. I really really do. The formula is way too thick and hard to manage, and your inevitable screw ups are impossible to remove if you need to be anywhere within the hour. Maybe I'm just a novice with the liquid liner, but I've used other formulas that I liked *much* better.