MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

4.1

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sorbitan tristearate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Propylene carbonate, Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, Hydrogenated palm glycerides, Phytosteryl isostearate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 8/4/2007 6:21:00 PM

This stuff stays put like nobody's business and is a great black colour. I actually don't find it that hard to apply with the brush that it comes with, however, the only negative thing about it is it gives a bit too much product on the brush, so you need to wipe off a bit of it into a tissue or else all of that excess product will end up on your lashes, anyway. It's wasteful, and makes you use it up faster than you would if they had a better design, but regardless, that excess product is going to be wasted, which is too bad. Perhaps they should redesign the bottle and brush, because the formula itself is perfect. Eyeliner always tends to fade away in the inner part of my eye throughout the day, so this one really prevents that from happening.

on 7/29/2007 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this has ridiculouse staying power
i wear this every day
it doesnt budge its like its a part of my face
even after i shower its still on
i have to use a good rub of ponds cream before it even starts to come off.
soo excellent.
and i love that its black black
i hate grey blacks, brown blacks, green blacks.
black is the new black.

on 6/6/2007 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I would say the staying power is really good, not exactly waterproof though.
I like the color and works good for the upper lashline, although it will slightly get into your lashes which then is difficult to take off.
oh and i find it that it does get gooie after a while. The brush I wish was a bit more easy to handle...I'm still searching so if anyone has found anything better I'd appreciate it if you messaged me!

on 5/23/2007 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Probably the worst liquid eyeliner I have ever tried next to Maybelline's waterproof liquid eyeliner. This stuff is so shiny and flakes like you wouldn't believe. And it is so difficult to remove, even with an oil based eye makeup remover.

on 5/17/2007 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i didnt actually buy this but the ma swiped some on my hand to swatch. although i didnt like the brush coz it looked waaayyy too thin, he said they last all day hence the name and boy, did it! throughout the day i licked my fingers to try rub it off but it wouldnt budge. even when i got home the colour was still there and water couldnt even move it. without the use of waterproof makeup remover, it took water, soap and loadsss of vigorous rubbing till my hand turned red. if you want a realllyyyy longlasting liner, get this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have 2 Liquidlast eyeliners and am going out to buy my third. This is truly the BEST make-up product I have ever used. It goes on perfectly (try using a different brush if you want a thin line, though) and lasts and doesn't lose any of its vividness or shine throughout the day.
It can be tough to get off, but I have discovered that Lush's 'Ultrabland' works miracles on it and gets it off quickly and easily!

on 4/24/2007 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

the blackest black! i looooove liquidlast liners they last forever and the colour are to die for :)

on 4/23/2007 2:58:00 AM

UPDATE 2: I've now switched to Revlon Colorstay's black liquid liner and found that I actually like it better because the black isn't as intense and its staying power is just as good. The brush is finer too - makes a precise application easier. And of course, it's about half the price. I don't know if this would survive a beach holiday quite as well as MAC Liquidlast but it's not like I go for beach holidays very often anyway.

UPDATE 1: I wore this eyeliner on a beach holiday and it is utterly superb - survived hours swimming in the sea, a shower & dinner afterwards!

I was amazed that this survived an extremely sweaty day AND a shower. Maybelline oil-based makeup remover gets this off fairly quickly. I needed practice to get a precise line, but it was totally worth it. I like wearing just one line of this on my lids with no shadow & green/purple/blue mascara when I want a more minimal look.

on 4/21/2007 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I do not like the applicator brush, it's not thin enough for me. The only good thing about this is it DOES NOT SMUDGE OR BUDGE. The bad thing is I have tried 3 differen eye makeup removers and it will not get all of it off no matter how much I apply or how many times I swipe the cotton pad over my eye in any direction. I tried, clinique, rimmel and sephora brand removers. Of course i tried regular hot water and a washcloth too. What finally got the rest of it off was vaseline and tissues.

on 3/24/2007 7:58:00 PM

I tried to apply mascara the day after using (and washing this eyeliner off in the evening). My mascara went on horribly, as if I had never washed my mascara off or as if I had waterproof mascara on and didn't remove it all. I don't use waterproof mascara. Then I realized it was the new eyeliner that had coated my eyelashes after I washed my face the night before with soap and water.

I have oily eyelids and find that my eyeliner will sometimes fade on hot days. I will tell you without a doubt that this eyeliner does not budge. However, as some have been complaining about, it is very difficult to wash off. The operative word is "wash." You cannot use soap and water and expect this liner to wash off. It won't. You need to use an oily makeup remover or Neutrogena's non-oily remover (that stuff is great).

I don't like rubbing my eyes to get makeup off, so I'm returning this eyeliner. I haven't gone swimming with this eyeliner, but I would bet that it would stay on through a swim. Problem is, it may pull your eyelashes out too.

I will stay with my MAC gel eyeliner. Love that!

Top Rated MAC Products