July 29, 2014 | 2043 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by la_petite_pipistrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was given me by a lovely thoughtful friend, and I can't thank her enough. If you love vintage make-up looks, this is *the* perfect intense black eyeliner! It is really and truly utterly smudge-proof... I know this for a fact, as it stayed on for the entirety of a rather debauched event, and still looked perfectly applied thirty-six hours later (no doubt it would have lasted even longer, except that I finally got home and washed it off). It is also quite waterproof... on another occasion, I tightlined my upper lashline with this, went scuba diving, and it was still perfectly intact at the pub when we went for a post-dive drink. The creamy liquid formula makes a very cleanly defined, crisp black line. I've applied it using a flat eyeliner brush, but have since discovered (much to my surprise) that the brush that comes with the liner is actually perfectly good for painting on the winged-out cats-eye that I like to wear. I don't find it difficult to remove either—a little sweet almond oil patted on with a dampened cotton bud works quite well for me. My one concern is the way the product tends to gloop thickly round the narrow little opening... I wonder if I'll end up having to scrape clotted product off the rim in a month.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FINAL REVIEW: 5 months later, and I've given up on this. Will not repurchase - ever! Got gloppier and gloppier, increasingly difficult to use. The only good things about this is: doesn't budge + true dark black colour. Here's my previous review. Ok here's the deal: my HG is L'Oreal Lineur Intense (bristle brush). Works best when i wipe some product off the bristle on the top of the tube, so i get a flatter brush - thinner line.. but it has to have just the right amount of product still on it otherwise the line isn't clean. Yet again, another difficult MAC product.
WHAT'S GOOD: it's a bristle brush (i detest felt-tips); great true strong black colour; doesn't budge; doesn't smear; doesn't smudge; easy to remove with oil (i use almond oil or castor oil); didn't irritate my eyes; neat see-through tube so you can see how much product you have left; very little product is needed each time - seems as though the tube will last forever!WHAT IRKS ME: 1) The Wand.. the wand!! It's too short for me - so i end up with some product on my lashes - i can usually wipe that off immediately; 2) The Formula is Too Gloppy: i like to be able to control the line to make it as thick or thin as i want .. with Liquidlast i have less control and it always seems a bit raised or gloppy-ish when dry.
If i could i would have returned this and reverted to L'Oreal, but silly me - i took my L'Oreal brush to try and use with this instead (didn't really work). So for now: i'll use Liquidlast until i buy another L'Oreal/until i find this really too difficult. If by miracle i figure out how to use this like a pro, i'd repurchase. That being said, the PowerPlum colour looks fab and may just purchase that one! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 7:43:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Liquid liners are one area where I really come unstuck. 90% of them badly irritate my eyes (stinging, weeping, the whole gamut of nastiness). I was previously using the Rimmel Exaggerate ll, which worked nicely but the liquidlast liners kept winking at me every time I walked past a MAC counter.
Finally asked one of the assistants to try some on me. I gave it 30 minutes and there was none of the irritation I was expecting (the normal MAC liquid liner was one of the worst for my eyes), it didn't even feel like I had any on. I went back & purchased this & Inky straight away.

The staying power is great, I tend to get weepy eyes when it's windy or my allergies are playing up and this stuff stays put.
My only complaint would be that the brush in the packaging isn't the greatest but it certainly isn't the worst. I use my 266 to do the inital application and then use the brush provided if I want a more dramatic line.
Definitely a repurchase for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2007 8:59:00 AM More reviews by miss_leahmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I effing hate this stuff. I really really do. The formula is way too thick and hard to manage, and your inevitable screw ups are impossible to remove if you need to be anywhere within the hour. Maybe I'm just a novice with the liquid liner, but I've used other formulas that I liked *much* better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 7:28:00 AM More reviews by xilang

Wonderful staying power. I use Lancome Bi-Facil makeup remover, and it comes off pretty easily that way. ^^

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2006 7:17:00 PM More reviews by amberlin

The makeup artist at the counter warned me about its staying power when I asked to try this on. Oh boy was she right! The best thing about this eyeliner is its staying power. No more smudging and looking like raccoons. The other day I fell asleep with it and when I woke up the next day, it looked the same as the previous day. My eyelids tend to get oily so I've been searching for an eyeliner that doesn't smudge! The not-so-good thing about this eyeliner is that it's sooo gooey and it reminds me of super glue. It's also hard to avoid getting some of this gunk onto your lashes. I am also afraid that this stuff will turn hard and makes the brush thicker, which eventually will turn me off and makes me not want to use it at all. I will continue buying this eyeliner as long as this doesn't happen to the brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2006 1:34:00 PM More reviews by oraclegirl

Well i'm on my second bottle of this stuff, and i would have to say that this product is decent. I'm a bit of a product whore, so i have a tendency to try one product and move on to the next after i'm done (or sooner). The black in the eyeliner is very true, it stays where you put it, and lasts all day long. even after a sweaty work out. I think that if you dont touch your eyes for a couple days, this eyeliner would last that long also. The applicator is what i hate the most about this product, which is why i only gave this product 4 stars. Its bascially fine hairs that make up the twist off brush. when i apply this, some of it gets stuck on my eyelahes, and if i make a mistake, it takes a long time to get off. if the applicator were kind of like the lancome felt tip one, i feel that the process of getting a perfect line on your eye, and not getting gooop all over the eyelashes would be great. The price is ok. normal for mac. not over priced and of couse not underpriced. i'll keep on using this product until i can find a better one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 3:08:00 AM More reviews by nupix

I love liquidlasts! They are the only things to sit on my lids for more than an hour. Their staying power is simply awesome. Point Black is the blackest black I have ever come across. I hope they never discontinue those! I also use it on my waterline and it stays there for the whole day. Their brushes though are a little difficult to manage so I just take some product with my regular eyeliner brush and apply it that way. To take off an oil based make up remover is what you need, even plain olive oil is good for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 8:25:00 PM More reviews by TiaR

Truly the only thing that stays. Comes off easily with olive oil, or anything oil-based. Please don't scrub it off your skin...take a q-tip and gently wipe it off.
This is not for beginners...heavy-duty material; learn to work it right and it's the best thing. I swear, this could last through three hours of swimming. It's more dramatic than the fluidline as well...the black is a true black. Plus it doesn't flake into your eyes if you line it correctly on the bottom, unlike some waterproof eyeliners.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2006 6:17:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I couldn't stand this product, but it's growing on me. I think it's too gooey & I HATE the brush (it's SO stiff!), but I love the staying power. It dosen't wear off or flake. I wouldn't recommend this for someone that has a hard time putting on liquid liner, but for those who really know what they are doing, it's worth trying.