July 31, 2014 | 1973 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Shastaravis

Being a student, I usually don`t have the cash to spend money on facials or expensive masks. This is absolutely fantastic. It has everything you want from a beauty product: it`s cheap, it works straight away, it`s ecological and you know it`s good for your skin. Absolutely brilliant.

I`ve used this product for a couple of days, it worked really well, silky, dewy skin, tighter pores, hardly any new breakouts and a quick diminishing of the ones that were already there. Then I stopped, because I simply forgot to buy yoghurt (I don`t usually eat it), and my skin went back to looking tired, pores started to show again and blackheads on my nose started to reappear as well. Since then I`ve been using it at least every other day (it`s been a week now) and my skin is looking great again.

Only four lippies because I don`t know how this will turn out in the long run, will update!
UPDATE: I've been using this less the past couple of months, simply because I am too lazy to smear yoghurt on every day, plus, I forget to buy it all the time. All in all, though, I'm still mighty impressed with this, whenever I do put it on, the instant effect is still there. Having applied it ritually every day for two weeks before I got sloppy, I have to say that by the end of those two weeks, my skin complexion lost some of its purity, but that may have been a result of hormones. I would still recommend it to anyone, for problem skin as a daily treatment, or just as a little pampering when you're having some me-time. It beats the hell out of expensive, chemical masks with unpronouncable ingredients every single time! Upped it to five lippies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by wanyilee

I must say this is the BEST mask I have used, and I still can't believe it is yogurt and aspirin! Give this a try, one regular small size yogurt that is around 39 cents will last you for DAYS (until it turns bad anyway!) I can't believe it takes care of ALL my beauty problems!! Hydration, acne, anti-aging, AND dull complexion!!!

I combined the 2 best at-home masks together and created the ultimate at home mask...

Ingredients:

- low-fat plain white yogurt (1 tablespoon)
- 6 uncoated regular strength aspirin
- 2 teaspoon of water

all you need to do is dump the aspirin into 2 teaspoon of water, and let it dissolve.
Then you mix the 1 tablespoon of yogurt with the dissolve aspirin. There should be more than enough for the whole face, so you can also put it on your neck too.

The mixture should take about 20 - 30 minutes to dry completely

Result
- instantly brighter complexion
- well hydrated skin
- skin looks radiant, pump and healthy
- minimized pores
- lightened scars
- smooth out fine lines

Pros
- CHEAP
- easy to make
- instant results

Cons
- might get drippy if you put too much on

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jcrysy

I tried the FAGE 2% yogurt. I applied it to clean skin and allowed it to dry.

I am combating a fierce breakout. My skin felt tightened, brightened and it soothed the inflamed zits. I do masks twice per week at night. This morning, my skin looked clearer. I will be incorporating this into my routine.

ETA: I am on a quest for something more effective with acne. The search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by hmkramer

So MUA has done it to me again... trying some bizarre homemade remedy like a bunch of Fage yogurt spread all over my face. But the results! It is really the best mask I have ever used, and I have had some pricey spa treatments. The cool yogurt instantly soothes the skin. I leave it on for 20 minutes, then remove it with a wet washcloth. My skin is immediately softer, smoother and more even - and the results last for a few days. Also, one time I had a blemish forming - kind of hiding out and stubborn - 20 minutes of this made it immediately purge (yeah, gross I know) without any forcing it or irritation. MUA strikes again. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by amara_lani

Top-recommended mask because it works to soften, smoothen, tighten, and brighten the skin. Part of the reason this works so well is the lactic acid which is a gentler acid for the skin than glycolics or salicylic acid. I love that smearing 2 TBSP of this stuff with or without honey works absolute wonders on all skin types and especially for my acne-prone sensitive skin. Leave this on for 5-10 minutes. You will feel it working right away.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by NewYorRican21

I wish I knew about this in High School. Really this is one of the best DIY facial treatments that I've used. Leaves my face super clean, clear, and soft. The lactic acid really does it's job and the thickness of the yogurt helps it stay put for a full 20 minute treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SolangeAtira

I LOVE this mask! It's truly the best thing to meet my tempermental, angry red face in a VERY long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love it. i use homemade yogurt, a heaping teaspoon is enough. nothing gives my skin a glow like this mask, and it does wonders for the tiny bumps i get on my forehead that nothing else will remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Dina710

I used to be a beauty stuff junkie but over the past year I've noticed that most home remedies work just as well if not better than the stuff at drug and over priced boutiques. This one is definitely not an exception.

I usually buy a bunch of plain greek yogurt cups. I take a tbsp each morning mix with honey and let it sit on my face. I eat the rest of the yogurt with almonds and a dollup of honey (good for you and keeps it from being a waste of money)

...and ta daa breakfast and clearer skin in one little cup!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by scheda

I love this as a mask. I use buy the full fat Greek yogurts from the natural food store. And I don't add anything. I apply it using a circular motion, and make sure it gets absorbed into the skin, and leave it on for 5 min. It leaves my skin smooth and velvety, with a slight glow, and color in the cheeks. This is amazing. I think it works well for balancing combination skin. If you face is too dry or too oily, this might not be the mask for you.