Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

After reading the reviews here, I tried it and it works! My skin feels softer, and pores are smaller. The skin also looks brighter. I mix 2 teaspoon yogurt, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 tea spoon flour (or as much as needed). The flour helps the yogurt mixture to stay on my face without running. I mix flour into the yogurt to get the consistency of sour cream and it stays on my face perfectly.

One of my coworkers told me that when he got a sunburn while on a cruise, he was given plain yogurt to apply to the burn. He said it really worked, so I tried this a couple of weeks ago when my face was red, dry and irritated (which was most likely due to the extreme cold and using a strong cleanser). I just put on a thin layer of plain yogurt and let it sit for about 5 minutes. When I rinsed it off, my skin felt so much better and the dry patches were gone. I make my own yogurt, so this is an incredibly inexpensive way to take care of my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this mask from time to time,and it is really good mask,but nothing miracle.Anyway,it is a way better and gives me more effect than so many store-brand masks I've ever tried.It really calms my oily but sensitive skin down.I use yogurt with lemon juice,honey,You name it.And it really gives me some glow and more even skin tone.But nothing dramatic.Best way to use yougurt as a mask is with Aspirin.Awsome.This is miracle and did wonders for my skin.
Oh yes,yesterday I burnt my cheeks by using wet wash cloth wich was too hot,and I put some yogurt on my burnt/red cheeks and Yogurt calm my irritation right away.I think this is the best natural SHOOTING product You will ever use on Your face.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

I have very dry-sensitive skin. I can't use any regular store product due to most of them having so many chemicals so usually for the most part they all make me break in a horrible face rash so I decided to lookup in here for something more natural and I came across the yogurt mask..I use the Organic Greek Plain Yogurt and WAO!!! The results are amazing...I had a rash on my face due to using some makeup remover face wipes and by using the yogurt as a mask it made all the redness go away. I leave it on for about 10-15 mins. And then remove it using a washcloth and my face feels smooth, refreshed and even...This stuff can really even out my skin something than no other product has been able to do. My makeup looks even better on after using yogurt as a mask. I also at times use some raw honey with it and it feels good too. The only thing I'm not to keen about this is the smell it kind of smells like having sour cream on my face but because of the results I am more than ok to keep using it. I don't think I would ever buy store products again as long as I have this. I'll update if anything changes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have sensitive, oily skin that's under treatment for all-over acne (blackheads, whiteheads, comodones, cystic, you name it and I've had it in the past 3 months.) Skin board rec'd this after I asked whether the pricey probiotic moisturizer the spa rec'd me was worth it. So since I had some greek yogurt in the fridge anyway, I tried it that night...mixed some up w/some lemon juice and slathered it on after my shower, and left it for about 10-15 minutes. I can't tell after one use if it'll have any long-term effects, but after rinsing my skin seemed very calm and soothed and felt like velvet :) I also noticed that some of my flakeys were reduced.

I think I'll keep doing this just cause it feels nice, it's inexpensive (I always have yogurt around anyway), and my skin seems to like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I think this is seriously changing my skin. I've used this three times now and my skin is glowing--I can't recall the last time my skin had this kind of glow and was this clear...seriously! I debated not putting make-up on today my skin has been looking so good (even considered not wearing eye make-up..*gasp!!*) This is incredible! Thank you sooo much MUA!!!

04/04/2011: Returned back to this after some experimentation with other lines, trying to go more natural and work with my skin instead of against it. I am sorry I ever stopped using this, but for a period of a few years (inbetween reviews) I switched over to HE skincare, with all it's bells and whistles. Overpriced and underperforming. Recently, switched over to a cleansing oil (Origins, love it), have to still cleanse rather fastidiously afterwrds, which was drying my skin out at tad. This yogurt mask returned it to it's calmer, prewashed state. Still debating this as a cleanser, mask over non-cleansed skin, but for now, this settles my skin after cleansing, calms the redness, seems to clean outt he pores w/o stripping and leaves behind a film that feels very kind and protective. Occasionally will add lemon or aspirin, if really cranky breakout, but otherwise, can't say enough good things about this mask.

My skin is combo [oily/dry] sensitive, red, breakout/clog prone with fine lines really starting to appear. This one attacks them all (no joke), which is something NO manufactured product has ever come close to doing (except for my John Masters Organics Pomegranate Seed Oil, but that's for tx, not cleansing).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really have to admit, I did not think this would work for my skin. I have recently moved from the beach to the country and the lack of humidity has completely dried my skin out. I have been breaking out terribly, and treating my skin has left it parched and cracked. I took a scoop of yogurt and mixed it with some predissolved aspirin, let it sit for about 15 minutes, added some water to make a light scrub, and then rinsed. I followed with my normal lotion. This morning, my skin FEELS incredible. I have a few flakes, but the cracked skin is completely gone. Seriously, I almost cannot stop touching my face. I have been using a plain aspirin mask for a year now, and have LOVED it, but this is even better. THIS IS THE BEST SITE EVER....There are soooo many products that I have read about on here before buying to know whether it was worth the money. Another win!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I always eat plain yogurt so thought i would give this a try. It made my skin feel soft after I rinsed it off. I wasn't too surprised by this. I feel like after rinsing any kind of mask, your skin tends to feel softer. It felt nice while I had it on though. Very cool and calming. I'll keep using it to see if it does help to bleach the skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I would never in my life think to put yogurt on my face if it wasn't for MUA. After using whole fat Greek style yogurt every other day for probably over a month now, I can honestly say that I don't see myself buying a single mask, scrub, or face exfoliator anytime soon. I just scoop out about one or two teaspoons using a plastic knife, plop it in my palm, rub my hands together, and apply it to my face. I leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse using my regular facial cleanser, as otherwise I smell like yogurt. My skin has gotten progressively and noticeably smoother, softer, and brighter--I just love it! I've also tried mixing in honey and dissolved aspirin, but honestly, it tends to make things messier and I get great results from the yogurt all on its own anyway. I most definitely recommend yogurt as an amazing face mask.

Yogurt is so cheap and effective. I just slather any kind on (nonfat works but can drip) and watch an episode of Friends or Sex and the City. When I wash this off, it gives immediately noticeable results of moisturized skin, minimized appearance of pores, soothing of redness or irritation like pimples or hot, dry red cheeks, and it soaks up excess oil. This is great for any skin type and I highly recommend this.

Popular Masks