October 25, 2014 | 1489 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always have plain organic yogurt in my fridge and kept seeing reviews for the yogurt mask. I've been using yogurt as a mask for about 2 months now. What a great find! I have an oily t-zone and sensitive cheeks. After cleansing and toning I slather on some yogurt. Be careful not to apply too much or it drips off your face! I leave it on for 5 to 20 minutes depending on how much time I have. I usually prefer to mask at night, but this is a great pick me up in the morning if I need a little pick me up. The lactic acid helps to gently break down dead skin and the yogurt itself helps to soothe any sensitive or blemished areas. You can add other ingredients easily too. I tried adding Manuka honey but find I get better results with either just straight yogurt or just straight honey. When I wash off the yogurt (I use a washcloth and warm water), my skin looks bright, smooth and feels moisturized. Highly recommend this for all skin types!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by niff524

WOOOOW!!!!! I really have to thank MUA for initiating me into the secrets of yogurt as a beauty must-have!!!!! OK that was cheesy, but anyway ;P I'm surprised how much I looooove this! For reference I have oily/combo, acne-prone skin. After reading the glowing reviews on here, I decided to give it a go since it's so cheap and there's absolutely nothing to lose. Went down to the nearest off-licence and got a tub of plain, low-fat yogurt of the cheapest variety which was the only one they had there. It's quite runny so I just had to kind fo smear it over my face and it only dripped down my chin so it wasn't too bad! Oh and I used about 1-2 tablespoons of yogurt all over my face. The smell was a bit funny but not unbearable. To my surprise, it did kind of dry over time (about 30 minutes) and I washed it off. And wooow I loved what I saw in the mirror!! I had 2 active pimples at the time and the yogurt didn't irritate them at all. In fact I think it calmed them down! It took any redness out and my face felt and looked so clean and smooth. Other reviewers have noted a brightening effect and I experienced that too. My complexion was significantly brighter and clearer!!! All this for a few pennies! I bought the REN glycolactic peel mask last week due to the great reviews and, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually prefer my yogurt mask!!! I'm not usually into these 'natural' beauty remedies but this yogurt mask and the olive oil scrub (I learnt about both of them on MUA :) )are truly amazing all natural beauty treatments which are just as good if not better than the fanciful stuff you see in shops. Anyways I highly recommend this mask! There really is nothing to lose :)))

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

5 lippies for this home remedy that makes a very easy, healthful mask with softening and soothing effects. I usually use full fat, organic yogurt. It's very moisturizing, so if my breakouts are active, I purchase a lower fat % yogurt. Afterwards my face feels *SO* soft! No irritation. Like others mentioned, it's a versatile base. I alternate mixing with raw honey. Sometimes I add my powdered pumpkin mask from KZM at Etsy. Can be added to bathwater for softening too! Will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by MakeupGalinCO

Wow- I LOVE what yogurt has done to my skin. I have too purchased the Greek yogurt as others have and am in love. I started using a little honey as well and am in total love. I cant' beleieve it took me so long to try this. Overall skin tone is so much nicer and helping clear acne!
I love MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Peaches27

Okay, so I to was looking for a new mask..I have the Aztec clay which I like but it does tend to hurt the face a bit...very powerful stuff, so I was looking for something a little more gentle. Well, came accross yogurt...and I wouldn't have thought to try it- silly me. So, I went out and bought some of the Greek Plain Organic Yogurt yesterday. So, only used it last night but like the results so far. I didn't leave it on for long so I will keep it on longer and use every other night and will probably add some honey.
What a great idea! Thanks MUArs

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this a couple of times now. The 1st few times with just plain yoghurt but after finding reviews on here and seeing variations I have used a yoghurt/honey/squeeze of lemon juice mask. I think the latter probably worked a bit better for me and it's damn easy to make. Not messy at all. I don't think this works miracles BUT my skin lately has kinda gone haywire.Just switched to a new skincare routine and a few days o crazy eating habits which are back to normal (but not my skin!:-(.) ANYway, I agree this does reduce redness and I have a new pimple which was coming up just near my mouth and when I took this mask off it had come to a head(which is both good cos it will get better sooner but bad cos it's saturday night! haha). People have mentioned this helps with their blackheads & little bumps buuuut so far I haven't. It DOES make your skin lovely and smooth. I will repurchase and continue mixing it up because I believe this stuff is just as good as some of the $$ masks out there (having tried both the cheap & eye googling expensive myself). I will update if this gets even better results with even more continuous use... or worse ha....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Shastaravis

Being a student, I usually don`t have the cash to spend money on facials or expensive masks. This is absolutely fantastic. It has everything you want from a beauty product: it`s cheap, it works straight away, it`s ecological and you know it`s good for your skin. Absolutely brilliant.

I`ve used this product for a couple of days, it worked really well, silky, dewy skin, tighter pores, hardly any new breakouts and a quick diminishing of the ones that were already there. Then I stopped, because I simply forgot to buy yoghurt (I don`t usually eat it), and my skin went back to looking tired, pores started to show again and blackheads on my nose started to reappear as well. Since then I`ve been using it at least every other day (it`s been a week now) and my skin is looking great again.

Only four lippies because I don`t know how this will turn out in the long run, will update!
UPDATE: I've been using this less the past couple of months, simply because I am too lazy to smear yoghurt on every day, plus, I forget to buy it all the time. All in all, though, I'm still mighty impressed with this, whenever I do put it on, the instant effect is still there. Having applied it ritually every day for two weeks before I got sloppy, I have to say that by the end of those two weeks, my skin complexion lost some of its purity, but that may have been a result of hormones. I would still recommend it to anyone, for problem skin as a daily treatment, or just as a little pampering when you're having some me-time. It beats the hell out of expensive, chemical masks with unpronouncable ingredients every single time! Upped it to five lippies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by wanyilee

I must say this is the BEST mask I have used, and I still can't believe it is yogurt and aspirin! Give this a try, one regular small size yogurt that is around 39 cents will last you for DAYS (until it turns bad anyway!) I can't believe it takes care of ALL my beauty problems!! Hydration, acne, anti-aging, AND dull complexion!!!

I combined the 2 best at-home masks together and created the ultimate at home mask...

Ingredients:

- low-fat plain white yogurt (1 tablespoon)
- 6 uncoated regular strength aspirin
- 2 teaspoon of water

all you need to do is dump the aspirin into 2 teaspoon of water, and let it dissolve.
Then you mix the 1 tablespoon of yogurt with the dissolve aspirin. There should be more than enough for the whole face, so you can also put it on your neck too.

The mixture should take about 20 - 30 minutes to dry completely

Result
- instantly brighter complexion
- well hydrated skin
- skin looks radiant, pump and healthy
- minimized pores
- lightened scars
- smooth out fine lines

Pros
- CHEAP
- easy to make
- instant results

Cons
- might get drippy if you put too much on

29 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jcrysy

I tried the FAGE 2% yogurt. I applied it to clean skin and allowed it to dry.

I am combating a fierce breakout. My skin felt tightened, brightened and it soothed the inflamed zits. I do masks twice per week at night. This morning, my skin looked clearer. I will be incorporating this into my routine.

ETA: I am on a quest for something more effective with acne. The search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by hmkramer

So MUA has done it to me again... trying some bizarre homemade remedy like a bunch of Fage yogurt spread all over my face. But the results! It is really the best mask I have ever used, and I have had some pricey spa treatments. The cool yogurt instantly soothes the skin. I leave it on for 20 minutes, then remove it with a wet washcloth. My skin is immediately softer, smoother and more even - and the results last for a few days. Also, one time I had a blemish forming - kind of hiding out and stubborn - 20 minutes of this made it immediately purge (yeah, gross I know) without any forcing it or irritation. MUA strikes again. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No