August 21, 2014 | 2094 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by andimar

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I agree with the post below me...hands down the best highlighting powder. It gives a nice gold sheen when applied and is very buildable. I use it to highlight my cheekbones and down my nose to make it look slimmer. It doesn't look super obvious but it makes a HUGE difference. If you want to look like you're walking around with your own lighting crew, run, don't walk, to your nearest NARS counter. The price is steep but it is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by cyndog

Hands down the BEST highlighter. There's nothing more I can add that hasn't been said. It's perfect for my golden medium skin but I would imagine that it would work for everyone. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by ditzykitty

i LOVE this stuff! its totally worth the price, it works wonders for me. a little goes a long way, definitely recommend this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

The golden sheen is a bit strong for me, so I use this very very lightly. It does impart a lovely glow and I only have to use very little each time. I said I will not buy this again, because I think the pan is gonna last me a reallllllly long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

As several reviewers have noted, Albatross looks a bit intimidating in the pan; however, once applied, it leaves a wonderfully subtle and golden sheen that last all day. For the most natural effect, I use a small amount per application on my cheekbones, buffing and blending until I achieve my desired look. Iím very pleased with this product and Iíd definitely repurchase.

For reference, I have olive-tan skin with neutral to warm undertones. I use Laura Mercierís Mineral Powder in Pure Honey and Lancomeís Ageless Minerale Powder Foundation in Natural Honey 30.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ck923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product, it's perfect for highlighting the brow bone and the face. Sometimes it can accentuate pores especially any milia underneath eyes so I can apply it more to my cheek bone closer away from the eye area.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Nars albatross several months ago and have been using it everyday. I am on the fence with this product. I use it almost everyday and well it just doesn't look right. It leaves an intense gold metallic sheen on my skin--not natural--and it accentuates fine lines. I tried using around my eyes and on my cheekbone. Does not look horrendous...does not look great. I am going to wait for the summer once I darken and see if that changes my perspective.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by imsatindoll

Okay. What is the hype? Me being african american. My skin is golden brown. Not to brown. Not to light. In between I guess. Now alot of brown sisters and even light sisters and even white sisters raved about this product. Now people say highlighters and luminizers are the same. When I think highlight I think a lighter shade under the eye. When I think luminizer I think shimmery glow that you put on your cheek bones above the blush. Now I noticed that when people rock this product...they treat it as a luminizer. So I bought it for that. Not so luminous....yeah it is a highlight powder that is good for highlighting the skin under the eye. But thats it. So...not to spectacular. I use it for a highlight which is what it is LOL. But its not a luminizer! I wish people do a good job seperating the two.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the one. This is the golden highlighter that I've been looking for for years. No sparkles & no silver. It's a pure gold (PALE gold) sheen that catches the light without being OTT at all. So many highlighters are actually silvery, rather than gold, and while this looks somewhat white in the pan, if you hold it in the light you'll see that it is definitely golden. I dust this lightly across the top of my cheekbones, extending to hairline. Lovely. Also a dusting down the bridge of my nose. Also a light tough on the inner corners of my eyes for some brightening. I am NC20 w/yellow undertones & this shows up as a lovely, pale gold sheen on my skin.

EDIT: A new use for this powder that I've come up with: I *gently* pat just the ends of a fantail brush over the powder. Then I stipple the brush from eyelid to brow. Wow! A really lovely, gently brightening, golden glow! Again - you have to use restraint here because it would be easy to overdo it, but if you just use the lightest bit, it's really a wonderful effect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by patchoulissime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Who wouldn't want that healthy, glowing skin? I certainly do, but unfortunately I was blessed with sahara desert-dry skin that won't glow no matter what. Before I found Nars Albatross-highlighting powder that is.

I absolute hate those highlighters that leave glittery specs on your face and thought I'll never find a product that just makes your skin look like the glow comes from the inside. Thankfully, with Albatross I've never had to worry I look like a disco ball because the glow is really subtle - you can't tell there's something on the skin even if you look closely.

Even though the product is white in the pan it doesn't look like that on the skin, and the best of all, it's not chalky. It blends really easily and can be build up without looking cakey or powdery. I also think it's a color that would look good on most skintones. I have cool toned skin myself and Albatross does have some goldish tint in it, but it doesn't look too warm or unnatural on me at all.

It comes in a typical Nars rubber package that get's dirty easily and the price is high for a highlighter (I paid 22 euros), but I'd definitely repurchase, if I wouldn't be lemming for Kevyn Aucoin's The Celestial Powder in Candlelight.