Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

3.1

ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, LAURYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SQUALANE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, DIMETHICONE, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, TOCOPHEROL, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, SILICA, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, TRIBEHENIN, GLYCERETH-8 HYDROXYSTEARATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, ARACHIDYL PROPIONATE, OZOKERITE

on 1/24/2003 2:29:00 PM

This product is very mediocre to me. If it were inexpensive, based on the formulation alone I would call it an "everyday" foundation. Unfortunately, it costs almost 40 bucks. Can you say rip off? Also, this stuff cakes! My skin looks much better with L'oreal's Ideal Balance, which retails anywhere from 8-12 bucks. Will never repurchase this--even if they slash the price.

on 1/15/2003 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like it. The cake has a thick, creamy (but not greasy) texture that provides good coverage for my imperfections (ruddiness, dark spots, large pores). The texture is great for oily skin, unlike really dry, chalky oil-free foundations, this one “holds up” to oil rather than being a dry sponge waiting to soak the oil up. It's just too gross when you end up with foundation gravy on your face (sorry for that visual!). I use my fingers to get the best application. The sponge it comes with is really nice, but you just get too much product on with it and can't thin it out well enough. And you really don't need very much to get good coverage. Also, my pores haven't clogged with it on, no zits and my naked skin has been looking better for wearing it.

on 12/23/2002 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Warm Natural was not only a wrong color match but also felt greasy on my very oily skin. On top of it, it turned orange on me after one hour. In my opinion, BB's colors are rather orange yellow than neutral yellow which I can't stand. Stila is the line that carries true neutral yellow colors. Over all, it's a poor product for anyone with oily skin.

on 12/20/2002 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Sometimes I'm in love with this product, sometimes I wonder why I bother dropping $38 plus tax for this stingy amount of crap. Color is great, matches my skin tone perfectly. BUT! I have I have very oily skin and sometimes I find a nasty greasy smudge of this product on a part of my face after awhile. I once heard that if you can spread it, it ain't oil-free. Go figure.

on 12/19/2002 11:35:00 AM

Great for my very pale skin, you only need a little bit. smooths out imperfections and provides great coverage without making me look overly made-up. I use the palest shade and it matches my skin tone perfectly. Bobbi Brown has the best range of shades I have ever encountered. Stays on all day, too!!

on 11/28/2002 11:01:00 PM

fortunate for me this was a sample. worst foundation i've ever had. creamy and oily. broke me out like mad. very very expensive for such a small compact that can only last for a few weeks if used everyday. so definitely not worth the buy!

on 11/24/2002 10:20:00 AM

I was using Lancome's Cool finish before it was discontinue. Since then, I haven't found anything quiet like it. However, this product which is different in texture does cover and makes my face appear luminious and so-so naturel. It is quiet expensive, but I would definetely buy it again as it does not break my skin up. Love it! I recommend this product for those who have combination skin. Use it with Laura Mercier translucent powder and I promise your face will appear flawless for hours. TRULLY..

on 10/18/2002 10:17:00 AM

I read all the other reviews and decided to try it because there was so many good and bad ones. I honestly must say, that I really like this foundation. I am quite picky when it comes to finding a foundation, but this one really impressed me. It lasted throughout the day and I didn't have to touch up. It made my skin look flawless and natural at the same time. I felt very confident when I was wearing this foundation. I usually don't like many things from Bobbi Brown, but I must say, she did a great job with this product.

on 9/25/2002 7:11:00 PM

THE best foundation I've found for my combination skin! Goes on smooth and looks natural-lasts all day! Even though it's $38.00-it's well worth it!!BTW: The MA told me to apply it with your fingers and not to even bother with the sponges. HTH :)

on 8/28/2002 10:22:00 AM

This product is outstanding. It goes on smoothly and does not take alot of effort; to get a perfect complexion. I use this along with Bobbi Brown's Pale Yellow powder (which is absolutely great). I just use a very light touch when applying it. My face looks flawless. The packaging is great. It comes with two sponges; one to apply a light coverage of makeup & the other is for full coverage. The compact also has a wonderful large mirror inside. I highly recommend this product.