December 19, 2014 | 1503 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2003 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Murielle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it. The cake has a thick, creamy (but not greasy) texture that provides good coverage for my imperfections (ruddiness, dark spots, large pores). The texture is great for oily skin, unlike really dry, chalky oil-free foundations, this one “holds up” to oil rather than being a dry sponge waiting to soak the oil up. It's just too gross when you end up with foundation gravy on your face (sorry for that visual!). I use my fingers to get the best application. The sponge it comes with is really nice, but you just get too much product on with it and can't thin it out well enough. And you really don't need very much to get good coverage. Also, my pores haven't clogged with it on, no zits and my naked skin has been looking better for wearing it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 8:22:00 AM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Warm Natural was not only a wrong color match but also felt greasy on my very oily skin. On top of it, it turned orange on me after one hour. In my opinion, BB's colors are rather orange yellow than neutral yellow which I can't stand. Stila is the line that carries true neutral yellow colors. Over all, it's a poor product for anyone with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2002 6:06:00 AM More reviews by crispykrunch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sometimes I'm in love with this product, sometimes I wonder why I bother dropping $38 plus tax for this stingy amount of crap. Color is great, matches my skin tone perfectly. BUT! I have I have very oily skin and sometimes I find a nasty greasy smudge of this product on a part of my face after awhile. I once heard that if you can spread it, it ain't oil-free. Go figure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2002 11:35:00 AM More reviews by sweetiepops

Great for my very pale skin, you only need a little bit. smooths out imperfections and provides great coverage without making me look overly made-up. I use the palest shade and it matches my skin tone perfectly. Bobbi Brown has the best range of shades I have ever encountered. Stays on all day, too!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2002 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kittyhawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

fortunate for me this was a sample. worst foundation i've ever had. creamy and oily. broke me out like mad. very very expensive for such a small compact that can only last for a few weeks if used everyday. so definitely not worth the buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2002 10:20:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I was using Lancome's Cool finish before it was discontinue. Since then, I haven't found anything quiet like it. However, this product which is different in texture does cover and makes my face appear luminious and so-so naturel. It is quiet expensive, but I would definetely buy it again as it does not break my skin up. Love it! I recommend this product for those who have combination skin. Use it with Laura Mercier translucent powder and I promise your face will appear flawless for hours. TRULLY..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2002 10:17:00 AM More reviews by NSAS

I read all the other reviews and decided to try it because there was so many good and bad ones. I honestly must say, that I really like this foundation. I am quite picky when it comes to finding a foundation, but this one really impressed me. It lasted throughout the day and I didn't have to touch up. It made my skin look flawless and natural at the same time. I felt very confident when I was wearing this foundation. I usually don't like many things from Bobbi Brown, but I must say, she did a great job with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2002 7:11:00 PM More reviews by serenalee

THE best foundation I've found for my combination skin! Goes on smooth and looks natural-lasts all day! Even though it's $38.00-it's well worth it!!BTW: The MA told me to apply it with your fingers and not to even bother with the sponges. HTH :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2002 10:22:00 AM More reviews by shoppingdiva

This product is outstanding. It goes on smoothly and does not take alot of effort; to get a perfect complexion. I use this along with Bobbi Brown's Pale Yellow powder (which is absolutely great). I just use a very light touch when applying it. My face looks flawless. The packaging is great. It comes with two sponges; one to apply a light coverage of makeup & the other is for full coverage. The compact also has a wonderful large mirror inside. I highly recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2002 11:43:00 PM More reviews by blusky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I didn't like the feel of this foundation going on. But maybe i'm just not a cream foundation type of gal. This looks pretty natural but it doesn't really bind with my skin. This foundation does control my oilies when i'm inside, but when i'm out in the heat, i would not even contemplate touching my face as i feel like such a greaseball. I definitely feel like i'm wearing foundation with this. But as soon as i'm in again, i'm matte & fine. lol. Also, it really makes my dry patches obvious later on in the day. I have combo skin btw. I will not repurchase because of these reasons..