April 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2003 11:54:00 PM More reviews by dingwaye

hooray! i may've found my holy grail foundation! i have the LSC is Toast and it works very well for my combination-medium toned-Asian skin.. :) the LSC gives sheer coverage and it feels like you're not wearing anything at all.. it evens out my skin slightly, warms the complexion (but doesn't change skin colour) & is very moisturising. as like the name suggests, it gives you a beautiful, warm, dewy glow..

a word of caution, esp for ladies who live in the tropics, you should set the foundation with a loose powder or your face will look like a disco ball after a while! i set the LSC with L'Oreal's Translucide Luminous LP. great combination, great oil control! only needing to blot once, the healthy glow stays thru the day. thumbs up on hygienic, practical & classy packaging too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2003 8:29:00 PM More reviews by SN515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation, this is a possible Holy Grail. I have combo skin during summer and dry skin during winter. The colors are amazing as they are pretty sheer. When I am more pale in winter or fall I use Olive (Stila D or E) and during summer when I'm tan I use Toast (Stila F or G). It evens out my skin tone with the most amazing coverage. It gives a nice natural, dewy finish. I like the packaging and the hygenic pump. LOVE,LOVE, LOVE THIS STUFF!!

NOTE: If your skin is more oily but you want the same coverage try the Sue Devitt 70% triple seaweed foundation. Also a great foundation but it's oil free.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2003 8:10:00 AM More reviews by a67penguin

I received a sample of this at the Becca counter. Its positive notes include: the product is light weight in feel, and has a nice SPF (25). The color range is rather impressive, and it isn't very expensive (I believe, around $35). Its negatives (for me anyway) are its inability to blot up any oil and its darned tendency to turn my face into an oil slick within an hour. I might like it when I turn 60 and have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2003 6:32:00 AM More reviews by marthapollack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. The coverage is sheer, but still evens out skin (redness, etc.) The smell reminds me of the beach and is not overpowering. Best of all, my skin feels great while it is on and afterwards too -- it seems to provide soem treatment for skin (at least dry skin.)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2003 8:33:00 PM More reviews by lory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from a fellow MUA member. This foundation would be great for skin that isn't oily, and has few flaws to cover. It is luminous, and makes the dryer parts of my skin (cheeks) glow. Like others, I found the scent to be a little too strong. For those who have acne scars, discoloration and/or oily skin--I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2003 1:43:00 AM More reviews by jet1

I love this foundation, it is too excellent. It is fairly well priced for the quality, and it lasts a long time. I have very sensitive skin and I did find that for the first week or so of use my skin felt a little clogged and sensitive but I persisted and it cleared up within about 10 days.
I wear Sand and I also use the loose powder over the top, otherwise it just doesn't last all that well (my one complaint), especially in the winter when my skin gets dry.
With the Becca Loose Powder it is as close to the elusive Holy grail as I have been able to find. Yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Camel was a perfect match for my fair Asian skin with yellow undertones. However, as with all Becca products the fragrance was overpowering and made my face itch even though I did not break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by daisies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After 3 1/2 weeks of using the LSC in Cashmere in conjunction with other Becca products (hydrating primer, Praline foundation stick, Vanilla concealer and Bisque powder), I can honestly say my skin has never looked better. The LSC is very sheer, but since my skin has become so clear w/Becca products the sheerness works well and allows my real skin to be seen. I apply the LSC over the primer with a Smashbox foundation brush, and it blends well and easily; dries quickly, too. Followed up with the FS and concealer in spots, then powder, the look is flawless. I do need to blot in the middle of the day - and then apply a dusting of NYC pressed powder, which works well with the Becca -- but to have such clear skin makes that and the price all worthwhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2003 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Hunhun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A dewy liquid foundation that feels more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation. Probably not suited to those with very oily skin cause it may slide off. The pump packaging is good and prevents spills but the price is AU$58 which is a bit steep. I don't like the scent but luckily its not very strong. I will probably repurchase depending on whether I can find anything that I like better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2003 7:22:00 PM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I look at this product like a primer/sunscreen more than as a foundation. I've had bad luck with sunscreens, breaking me out and stinging my eyes, and this product didn't do either so that was the first plus. Secondly, although kind of sticky and moisturizing, it has a texture that makes everything else adhere to it well--it works very well with the stick foundation, or even any old concealer, and greatly helps in preventing creasing, at least for me. It also seems to fill in the cracks and blankets over the dry spots well too. I look at it this way, rather than buying a primer, sunscreen, and a tinted moisturizer, as well as skin treatments, I can have it all in one product. So despite the price, I'm actually saving money in a way, as well as saving time in the morning with fewer steps. The coverage isn't the best, but it makes your skin really dewy, which I like. I normally require medium or fuller coverage, but something about this stuff lessens my need to cover everything up so heavily--perhaps it is the sheen, reflecting light off, so in some way playing light tricks and hence minimizing my flaws, without actually covering them. I have combo skin, and haven't had any problems yet with breakouts, but it can get a bit shiny looking after a while, so bring your blotting papers!