January 29, 2015 | 2068 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Shosita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is very good, goes on very smooth and can create soft or dramatic look just depends on my mood. I got it in Black Ink and itís last very long. The brush is very easy to use due to the weight and tip. I use to use MAC liquid eyeliner but that one is more difficult to control and I end up spend so mush time on eye makeup and after that I have to give up, clean the mess up and go without the line on my eyes since it so hard to draw. Since Iíve got this one I always draw eyeliner easily nicely and sharply. Wonít buy again as next time want to try MAC Fluid (but it doesnít mean BB Geliner is not good..!!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sofysophia

been looking for a eyeliner that can last all day... i had always been a pencil eyeliner girl and had never used cream/gel form. so i was a bit skeptic when i first got it (thanks to the reviews here or i would never have got it in the first place!!). i didnt purchase the brush that they recommended. i only used an empty Shiseido liquid eyeliner tube for this gel eyeliner. the result is amazing! it wouldnt budge an inch ALL DAY. i dont think anything else on the market could beat it in this department. the low point is, however, it dries really quickly so you need to work fast! but obviously the pros outweigh the cons and i cant recommend it more enough! oh, and it is very easy to use as well :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 5:38:00 AM More reviews by cosmetiholic

This is a nice, long-wearing liner in a gel form that has the look of a liquid. I think it's a pretty one-of-a-kind product. For my purposes (mainly blending fake lases with my real lashline I find that I prefer L'oreal's Line Intensifique. I find if easier to apply and correct if you make a boo-boo. It's not quite as long wearing, but it also doesn't dry out like BB's (as I found out when I accidently left it out on the counter with the lid loose overnight. A snap-on lid like the one for MAC's eyeshadows would be a big improvement in packaging for this product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2006 8:51:00 AM More reviews by newquaybaby

I love eyeliner and this certainly has fabulous staying power. However i find that it does give quite a harsh look for everyday use, although thats probably the colour because ive got the corrct brush and everything. I also have to apply this slowly to ensure i dont irritate my sensitive eyes. However for going out in the evening this does give the best performance and dramatic cat eye look i love. Looks the same at the end of the night than it did at the beginning and easy to take off too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by fme143

There doesn't appear to be a lot of product in the pot, but a little goes a LONG way. The texture of the liner is superb, and the color is a true inky black- not blueish or grayish or brownish in the least. It lasts forever on my oily lids without creasing, which never happens when I use supposedly "long lasting" or waterproof eye pencils. My only complaint is that it is hard to get a smudgy or smoky line because it dries so fast. But I still like it a lot more than Stila black Smudgepot, which never really seems to set and smudges and turns gray easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by rmeghann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't call this a gel at all ... it's more like a cream. The color is beautiful and surprisingly easy to apply. It seems like it would smudge really easily, but when it dries after 30 seconds, it stays put all day. Since I've always used eyeliner pencils, I thought this would be a big mess, and I'd have to reapply several times to get a straight line, but that's not the case at all. I definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 7:00:00 PM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

How could I have not reviewed this product yet? HOLY GRAIL!!! And yes, I shouted that. The staying power is incredible, the black is true, and it is the only thing that really works for lining my inner rims (both in terms of pigmentation and staying power). It's better than MAC fluidlines and Stila smudgepots, hands down. Love, love, love this stuff! Plus, I bought this when it first came out, and I'm still working on the same jar! It has a *huge* dip, but it's still moist and wearable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 4:46:00 PM More reviews by LadyChristine

I already wrote a review for this product under the general gel eyeliner category so I'm just reviewing the shade here. The deepest and truest black eyeliner. Makes the eyes pop. Possibly a bit too intense as it makes your eyes look very sharp and defined. Great for evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2005 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Lydeelee

I love this. An easy to apply gel liner with a nice creamy consistency. Dries quickly but not so quickly you can't work with it.

A true black and lasts for hours and hours.

I couldn't ask for anything more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by patentg33k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BB's Black Ink gel is a perfect black liner. I didn't use the product for months, thinking that it might be too harsh. Once I opened the container, I found that I was wrong.

The product stayed moist while in storage (These typically last only 6-9 months once opened, then you have to scrape off the top layer). The gel is a wondeful consistency, applies very smooth and can be controlled well with a laura mercier push brush.

The Black Ink gel is highly pigmented--once you get used to how much you need on your brush you will be able to do either a thick or thin application.

Applies beautifully, wears like iron and stays on until I take it off. I love this product--it really delivers! continued >>