August 30, 2014 | 1821 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by emwem

Ok, so this mask in a word: amazing!
I came across reviews here when I was randomly looking for a 'wonder product' for my acne-prone skin and after reading all the positive feedback I decided to try it out. Unfortunately I couldn't find it here in Melbourne, so I ordered it online, so it cost me more than other people claim to have paid who were able to purchase it at their local health food store (jealous).
I waited with eager anticipation until night as I knew from the reviews that it would make my face v red and didn't want to scare my housemates. I mixed it with two tsp's of ACV and two tsp's of clay and gave it a quick mix (that's really all you need to do, v v simple). Then I smoothed it over my face with my fingers and sat down to relax. Or not. After about 10 mins my face started to feel v tight and like it was actually moving and yes, as the packaging says; like it was pulsating! This is actually a good thing as it seems to suck all the makeup and oil and potential pimples out when it is washed off. I left it on until it was dry, which was about 45 mins and then tried to to scrub it off with a soft towel. Do. not. do. this. When the mask is dry, just hop in the shower and hold your face under the stream of water for a minute or so and then rinse it off as you would a cleanser.
When I got out of the shower my face was BRIGHT red, this lasts for an hour or so, which is why I do it before bed. I woke up the next morning and voila- my skin was soft and much less oily than usual and any pimples I had seemed to have dried up considerably. I now use this mask about 1-2 times per week and have been doing this for the last few months. It really makes a difference to your complexion and esp. around that time of the month...I heart Aztec Clay and plan to get it imported when it comes to an end, which will not be anytime soon the way I use it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by maggiecuda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh wow. This is the first mask I've bought that I actually feel like DOES SOMETHING, besides just feeling good. Truth be told, this one is a little uncomfortable, especially if you leave it on longer.

Me: dry, hormonally-acne-prone skin.

The mask: ruthless.

Are people really mixing this with water? Really? I use it as directed, with ACV (Bragg's), and whip it. I do NOT understand why the directions indicate applying it 1/4"-1/2" thick. I tried that the first time and it fell off in pieces.

So, you may or may not feel the pulsating, but hopefully you will feel the tightening. Woo. Sucks your face right in. The "black-hole" comments crack me up. I recommend applying after a good 10 minute facial steam. Open up those pores and make the clay WORK.

This stuff is messy though! Boo! I am afraid of it clogging the drain! I just don't tell my roommates, and try to get as much of it off before hitting the shower. I dab my face with a warm washcloth, filling a basin with water, and try to get the majority of it off there so I can dump it outside and not deal with the possible clogged drain.

Inexpensive, and natural. Bentonite is really great.

If you're looking for another mask containing bentonite, try Concha Nacar's Bleaching Cream #3. It's not a bleach and it's not a cream; lost in translation, it's a refining mask. Gentle, but does contain bentonite as well.

Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by makemeoverAZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Buy this stuff!! Works great with the ACV (apple cider vinegar)! It's tightening, refinishing, and feels wonderful and tingly! I love it and have quite a few masks with my jar without barely putting a dent in it! Utterly the best product vs. cost ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this mask a lot. I bought this to help deep clean my skin once a week or less as sometimes I don't always treat it perfect. I have clear, normal-dry skin that gets drier in the winter. The first time I used this (mixed with just water) I think I left it on too long as it left flaky patches on my forehead and around my mouth. I was annoyed with myself too as I had a date that night and I wanted my skin to look perfect! LOL. Oh well. I lived and learned so now I leave it on no more than 15 minutes and do it no more than once per week and I don't do it right before I am going somewhere I want to look my best for.

It does deep clean and makes my skin smoother. I use water so it tends to get clumpy. I just get a plastic fork and sit my butt in front of the TV and mix it and whisk it for about 5 minutes. It gets almost 100% smooth. Removal is okay as I splash my face with warm water a few times to loosen it up and then continue to do that until it's gone. Now I apply a thin layer of Argan or Jojoba oil afterwards to help with any dryness.

All in all this is a great mask once you get the hang of it. It is kind of a PITA with the measuring and mixing and removing, but other than that I would probably buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by birdsy

My face had been breaking out in small red bumps the past few weeks around my cheeks and mouth including two larger blemishes on my right cheek. I tried Burt's Bees Blemish stick, Clean and Clear, On the Spot, Bye Bye Blemish, etc- I was pretty desperate to clear my face. Saw this product at Whole Foods the other day, decided to look up reviews before I bought it.
I mixed it up last night, 2 tbsp Braggs ACV & 2 tbsp mask. The smell didn't bother me that much and the pulsating felt like the mask was working. I left it on for about 45 minutes (even then it wasn't completely dry, probably because I put on a really thick layer), and peeled what I could off into the trash then took a hot shower.

When I looked in the mirror, I thought "wow, this just made my face really red" and the small bumps were still there. Of course I shouldn't have expected anything to happen instantly. I put on a moisturizer and went to bed. When I woke up, I noticed that the bumps had gone down considerably and by 6 pm, they were almost flat and not red anymore. The larger blemish on my face is still there but seems to be lifting (it's one of those stubborn zits that lies deep under the skin, been there for weeks) and hopefully it will turn into a whitehead soon. Going to do another mask tonight and hopefully it will hurry the blemish process.

Notes: I also put a layer of Bye Bye Blemish on the zit after I did the mask last night. I think the mask opened up the pores and helped the BBB work better. I drink a lot of water anyway but I also ate avacados, almonds, yogurt with flaxseeds (foods that supposedly help with acne and inflammation), and drank Yogi Skin Detox tea during the day...so it could be a combination of all these things but I think the mask helped speed things along.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do the honey, ACV mask combo to help with my skin. I have on and off acne and find that this takes a little time to fully to work the skin. I'm very happy that after around 3 weeks, this mask is definitely making a huge difference. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Shainaelise

Its Cheap, natural, mix with anything, you get you moneys worth, fresh cleaning afterwards, and yes you can feel it pulse and tighten(With the apple cider vinegar)

Only Drawback is that its a pain to get off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by hell0kiwi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

what an awesome mask! so cheap and easy to use.
i have developed a mess free version too!

3 tbsp ACV, 3 tbsp mask.
mix with a plastic spoon and then use the spoon's rounded side like a spatula to spread a thick layer allover face.
wait to dry completely, about half an hour, then lean over a garbage can and make a bunch of funny faces to crack the dried clay and it will fall off your face in large chunks, right into the garbage can! The tiny amount leftover can easily be washed away with warm water and a washcloth.

leaves my skin soft and smooth and feeling very tight. makes any blackheads or whiteheads very easy to extract afterward. excellent mask for an excellent price!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can only add to the positive reviews of this mask, it really is incredible. I've been using it with ACV for my acne, and it works wonderfully. My face is very red after I rinse the mask off, but by morning everything's calmed down and my skin is so smooth.
There are other reviews with recipes, but I will say that less is definitely more with this stuff. My first time I made way too much (1 tbsp each of clay and ACV) and it was a pain to get off after it dried. I used about half that and it was still too much! The package says that you can get 10-15 facials from the 1 lb. tub, but I think if you use it judiciously you can get many more than that. You don't need a thick layer for it to work, and it's easier to get off if it's thinner. I added a smidge of honey last time and it was easier to get off, too.
I'd buy this again for sure, it's the only clay mask I use anymore. It really gets the job done and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at whole foods, in thecskincare section, it was $7.00 for 1lb. its a powdered clay, and the directions reccomend mixing equal parts clay with equal parts apple cider vinegar. you can use water too though. I tried the apple cider vinegar mixture and applied it on my face in a pretty thick later, (the package suggests a 1/4 to 1/2 in. thick layer). it felt cool going on but after about 10 minutes it began to itch like crazy, then a few minutes later i could feel the pulsating action they described, (probably all the blood rushing to my skin, lol), it was about 80% of the way dry and i decided to go ahead and rinse it off. man! this stuff is a mission to get off! i might as well used a hammer & chisel to remove it!!! I got it off by holding a washcloth under lukewarm water and just holding it over my face, again & again until the mask is off. here is a tip though: dont use a towel & washcloth you care about. use a crappy one. this product needs to come with some sort of a wooden scoop. it says not to use metal on the package. my skin was left red, but everything does that to me, i slicked on a pretty thick layer of moisturizer and woke up the next morning to very smooth clear soft skin! defanately worth the purchase!!