MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 7/5/2010 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ahh the famous all that glitters. I just LOVE it. I use it when I can't be bothered to blend and perfect my shadow. I wet my brush first (239) then pat all over my lid and smooth upwards. It's suitable for day and night and looks so pretty and slightly peachy. Easy to use, though I always use mine wet for more pigmentation. Sometimes I will dab some silver glitter liquid eyeliner on top and it looks so pretty and girly. HG, I've hit pan and will purchase again and again.

on 7/4/2010 10:15:00 PM

All That Glitters is my HG shadow! It was my first MAC purchase ever. It's a gorgeous warm shimmer, but not chunky and glittery, and lasts all day when worn with a primer. I wear this to work every day, and it really opens up the eye and makes me look more awake. I've had it for about 8 months and hit pan on it since I wear it almost every day, and I will DEFINITELY repurchase this.

on 7/4/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a beautiful peachy champagne color that looks great on my skin tone (NC40). I either wear this alone or with MAC's Espresso in the crease. There is shimmer in this but it's not overwhelming for daytime. I have noticed that the staying power is not as great as my other eye shadows from MAC.

This eyeshadow is a peachy gold color , it's very pretty , I find that it blends w my skin-tone but if I use it wet I can see more of that peachy color ! Great to use as an everyday color gives a great wash for the days I don't feel like wearing allot of shadow colors ;)

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

A peachy beige laced with gold. This is stunning. It compliments my green eyes perfectly. I do enjoy wearing it with Satin Taupe

It looks like I am in the minority here - but this color totally did NOT work for me! I am NC20 and it looked too orange on me. I just could not pull it off. It isn't too pigmented, but the coloring just didn't compliment my skin tone or eyes at all. I had to return it!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is my go-to work shadow..or weekend or anything shadow!
Lovely peachy beige with gold shimmer that is blendable and makes my green eyes stand out a little more.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this is a great eyeshadow. I wanted an all over lid color and was between this and naked lunch. This seemed much more pigmented when swatched at MAC and has hints of gold that i thought wold be better for summer. It looks great and makes my green eyes pop! It's so versatile, i use it alone, with mulch or any other darker brown in the crease. Haven't tried it with other colors yet but i know it could be used with almost anything in the crease.

on 6/23/2010 8:12:00 AM

My wonderful sister gave me this color and I can't thank her enough. It has become my go-to lid color. I love the pigmintation and how blendable it is. Also, it lasts longer than a lot of shadows on my oily lids. It has the perfect amount of shimmer for the lid.

on 6/14/2010 3:42:00 PM

Ill admit - i don't really use this eyeshadow but I don't think it really suits my skin tone, im really pale with brown hair and green eyes. It looks a little peachy-orangey. But it IS a really pretty colour in the pan and im willing to experiment with it.
I did a look with a highlighty colour in the inner part of my eye, a shimmery pink on the section out from that, and all that glitters on the outside with a brown in the crease. Because all that glitters wasn't standing out too much; just blending in to create a subtle colour; i think it looked really nice.
Sorry if ive confused you! All being said i think you should probably get it - it is very versatile and very pretty in the pan. Maybe if a friend has it you could ask them to try it out on you to see if you like it? Cause i know MAC can get expensive when you want loads.

& just a little note; Americans moan about MAC being expensive?!
Over here you'd be paying $16.50 just for a refill pan...