LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 6/21/2008 8:05:00 PM

One of my two HG cuticle treatment products (the other being CND Cuticle Eraser). This heavy duty cuticle moisturizing cream comes in a 1.5 ounce tub, which is actually quite large for a cuticle cream, and it lasts forever! I find the smell (lemony/herbal) very appealing as it is light and doesn't linger for a long time. It is wonderful for softening and moisturizing dry cuticles. I use it daily to maintain the health of my nails and cuticles, and i can really tell a difference if i skip a day or two! I would 100% recommend this product!

This is a very thick cream containing lanolin and I find the texture too heavy & greasy for me.

I have not tried it on other areas of the body as I do not like the texture.

UPDATE: I have to confess I have changed my mind on this product,
I would not wear it during the day because of its greasy feel, but I have to say within 2 nights application my cuticles were no longer sore nor as dry. I am now using mainly CND Cuticle Eraser during the day and then apply this on an evening before bedtime. Wouldn't be without it now.

on 6/8/2008 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Fantastic product for really rough spots on your skin. I have a terrible habit of rubbing the side of my hand against my hip when I get nervous, and over the years it's formed a rough callous on my hand. This has actually removed it. It's very, very thick so I wouldn't recommend it as a hand cream as it can be very greasy as well. I don't do my nails that often, so I can't vouch for how it works on cuticles, but for rough spots like heels, elbows, etc. it's fantastic.

on 6/5/2008 1:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Amazing product. Naturally, my nails grow quickly but often they're weak and break easily. When I put this stuff on, they are stronger, shinier, and WHITER. Yes, it helps to whiten my nails too! Even after one application I notice that they grow stronger and whiter within a few days. Excellent value, I don't know how I'll ever use it up and it smells amazing. Great buy, especially if you want longer, stronger and whiter nails. That's what I think it has over the Burt's Bees one that I tried a while ago--that stuff moisturizes and smells nice, but this actually works to make your nails way better (and cuticles, of course).

One of the best cuticle butters I've tried. It is rich (& yes, a little sticky) but it does the job. Really seemed to make a difference in fixing my torn up and very dry cuticles.

Smell is great, lemony and fresh - a real pick me up.

Packaging isn't too hot but doesn't bother me too much. I would prefer to have a smaller tub that was more handbag friendly but that's my only complaint.

Would certainly buy again (already have 2 tubs :))

on 5/8/2008 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff! It gets my cuticles, which are usually completely ripped up and often bloody (yuck, I know =[ that's what I get for having a job that requires a lot of working with my hands!), in tip-top shape, and it's so moisturizing that I often use it as a hand lotion, too. It's oily though, so I only do that at bedtime; I put a ton on my hands (concentrating on cuticles and knuckles) and then put on thin cotton "beauty" gloves over it and go to sleep. In the morning I wash off whatever's left with soap and water and my hands are soooooo soft :) Enjoy!

P.S. You get a lot of this stuff for how much you pay, but the smallest size is still pretty big... if you're not going to use this on your hands and are only looking for something for your cuticles, Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme is a good bet. Much cheaper and also works very well. And both products smell deliciously of lemon!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lemony Flutter smells soooo good. It's very desserty. I generally only use it on my cuticles and elbows. I'll put it all over my hands if I've just scrubbed my hands like crazy after gardening or did a lot of dishes. It comes in a pretty good size container for a cuticle cream so I don't mind the price so much on this one.

on 3/13/2008 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just repurchased this product cause I've got to get my tootsies looking pretty again for an upcoming trip to South Beach. My feet ADORE this stuff. It's effective and very pleasant to use. Nothing gets my feet in shape faster, especially after a winter of neglect.

on 3/13/2008 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Lemony Flutter is the exact consistency I want in a cuticle butter. It's like a putty. It's too thick for me to use as a hand cream, and I don't want my entire hand smelling like lemon. I wish they would sell this in an even smaller container.

At the store, I was given a hand treatment that went:
Rubbed Lemony Flutter in all over the hands
Without rinsing, scrubbed hands with Ocean Salt
Rinsed, then applied King of Skin and rinsed again. My hands felt amazing all day. I would do this once a week.

on 3/9/2008 12:02:00 AM

A Quick Fix. Truly Is A "Meh" Product. I Don't Feel That It
Does What It's Said To Do. Makes A Decent Night Lip Balm.

Video Reviews & Tutorials