LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 11/20/2008 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Would I buy this again? Maybe. I like: The scent (sort of Lemon! and OK only if you really love the scent of lemons, as I do), the large amount of the product you get, the fact that once you peel off the labels, it makes a rather chic little black tub that doesn't look awful on your desk. I don't like: That it doesn't soften my cuticles THAT much. It's better than most cuticle butters, but not better than Cuticle Eraser (though it does smell better) and probably not much better than most of my cuticle oils. It's OK. It's fine. It does the job, but it hasn't won my heart. Or changed my life. Now, what about that Q-tica balm I keep hearing about ....?

on 11/19/2008 3:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I bought this on a complete whim when I was browsing through LUSH. I don't really have any dry spots except on the back of my heels and it did seem to help. I've been using this mainly for my cuticles though and I never thought it would do anything except leave a nice lemony scent but my cuticles do look really shiny and healthy. I bought mine last week and it's already half gone because I left it close to my heater which just melted it into a liquid-oil state (no fault of the product- I was just really careless). It's a pretty good deal if you keep it away from heat-generating devices because I think it can last an entire year. Edit: Won't be repurchasing, the smell bothers me too much.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'll repeat what I said when I reviewed LUSH's Buffy. I'm not a LUSH fan. I find their stuff to be overhyped and overpriced. With that said, this stuff is absolutely a must have. I don't have many products in my HG category, but this is one of em. Has been for quite some time. It keeps my tootsies purdy, virtually eliminates hard cuticles forever (important for me, cause if they're there, I bite them ! ), and it is moan and groan inducing from dh when I massage it into his feet. He's an avid runner and his feet take an incredible beating. He PLEADS for this stuff. Grin.

This thick brew is great :)

I use it for cuticules, elboes and feet, for all the places where dry and rough skin can appear, It works well for cuticules, but applied once a week on feet overnight it acts even better.
This is definitely my rough skin HG.

on 9/15/2008 11:33:00 AM

My tub of Lemony Flutter is almost gone :( It went pretty quick after a couple girls at my office tried it. It seemed every time I pulled it out of the drawer, 3 or 4 other girls would flock to use some.

I will be getting 2 next time, one for the office, one for home! It's a great price, wonderful true lemon scent, thick texture... oh, and it WORKS!

I love to soak my hands in warm water with peppermint essential oils, then slather on Lemony Flutter and push my cuticles back. It leaves my fingers soft and my nails are stronger when I keep up the maintenance.

This is a definite keeper from LUSH!

on 6/21/2008 8:05:00 PM

One of my two HG cuticle treatment products (the other being CND Cuticle Eraser). This heavy duty cuticle moisturizing cream comes in a 1.5 ounce tub, which is actually quite large for a cuticle cream, and it lasts forever! I find the smell (lemony/herbal) very appealing as it is light and doesn't linger for a long time. It is wonderful for softening and moisturizing dry cuticles. I use it daily to maintain the health of my nails and cuticles, and i can really tell a difference if i skip a day or two! I would 100% recommend this product!

This is a very thick cream containing lanolin and I find the texture too heavy & greasy for me.

I have not tried it on other areas of the body as I do not like the texture.

UPDATE: I have to confess I have changed my mind on this product,
I would not wear it during the day because of its greasy feel, but I have to say within 2 nights application my cuticles were no longer sore nor as dry. I am now using mainly CND Cuticle Eraser during the day and then apply this on an evening before bedtime. Wouldn't be without it now.

on 6/8/2008 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Fantastic product for really rough spots on your skin. I have a terrible habit of rubbing the side of my hand against my hip when I get nervous, and over the years it's formed a rough callous on my hand. This has actually removed it. It's very, very thick so I wouldn't recommend it as a hand cream as it can be very greasy as well. I don't do my nails that often, so I can't vouch for how it works on cuticles, but for rough spots like heels, elbows, etc. it's fantastic.

on 6/5/2008 1:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Amazing product. Naturally, my nails grow quickly but often they're weak and break easily. When I put this stuff on, they are stronger, shinier, and WHITER. Yes, it helps to whiten my nails too! Even after one application I notice that they grow stronger and whiter within a few days. Excellent value, I don't know how I'll ever use it up and it smells amazing. Great buy, especially if you want longer, stronger and whiter nails. That's what I think it has over the Burt's Bees one that I tried a while ago--that stuff moisturizes and smells nice, but this actually works to make your nails way better (and cuticles, of course).

One of the best cuticle butters I've tried. It is rich (& yes, a little sticky) but it does the job. Really seemed to make a difference in fixing my torn up and very dry cuticles.

Smell is great, lemony and fresh - a real pick me up.

Packaging isn't too hot but doesn't bother me too much. I would prefer to have a smaller tub that was more handbag friendly but that's my only complaint.

Would certainly buy again (already have 2 tubs :))

Video Reviews & Tutorials