September 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder foundation. Not as dry as mac's studio fix or the one that prescripitves makes. I use it with a brush for a light finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2002 11:25:00 AM More reviews by kthibo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best powder/foundation I've bought...replaced my long-standing favorite, Lancome Dual Powder. The color, no. 2, is a perfect match. did not make me oily and softened beautifully after a few min on skin. This will become a staple for me, although it is a little pricey. I used the sponge dry, as it gives better coverage than the puff...in morning I use a powder brush on top of concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2002 12:05:00 PM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Off the bat I have to say that I hate her packaging. That out of the way I do love this powder/foundation. I've had it for about a year. In the beginning it was awful. I used it 2x wet with the sponge and it was horrendous on. I looked like someone baked a cake on my face. So back in the box and up for swap it went. Flash foward about 6 months. Still up for swap - one day I needed a setting powder. I was reinvestigating the whole foundation dilema and came upon this in my swap box. I lightly dusted it on with a big powder brush and found that the yellow tone really flattered my pale complexion. Off the swap list it came. After a few more weeks of using it on top of foundation - I thought I'd try fluffing it on alone. It was fantastic. No powdery cake look. Very natural. Very complementary. I'm not sure what the moral of this story is but I will keep using it until it runs out. And will then investigate repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2002 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Mimibella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not into foundations/powders but love, love, love this product. I use it in No.3 and it is not cakey nor does it look like I am wearing a glob of powder on my face. Although it is in the higher price range and comes in a small package I will be buying this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2002 11:15:00 AM More reviews by stephy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try another foundation product that would be less time consuming to apply. There have been days that I have forgoed wearing makeup at all simply because I didn't have the time to put it on. I read the reviews on Laura Mercier's Powder Foundation and thought I would try it. I LOVE it! It goes on easily, I can do my face in less that five minutes, and it looks absolutely gorgeous on. I wore it to see some old co-workers and got numerous compliments. This is a keeper and I have a feeling I will be using it more than Laura's moisturizing foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2002 10:22:00 PM More reviews by nao1

i never thought i'd be able to achieve good coverage with a powder foundation untill i came across this one. this truly simplifies my makeup routine- just swipe and go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2002 12:23:00 AM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Here I go again ~ trying another powder foundation. This one's a winner! I got it today, applied it before going out to dinner, and a school function, when I got home 6 hrs. later,my skin still looked great. Great texture, not at all powdery looking. Just made me look like I had a great complextion. This kept my oilier spots in check, too. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2002 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Pauloy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have already repurchased this as it is the one and only perfect match I've found for my skin. I love that you can use it wet/dry. I usually use it dry with the sponge to get quick full coverage in the mornings and will apply it wet when I have more time to blend and build for a softer, less matte look. Could use nicer looking packaging, but I really don't care either way as this is the only powder found. that works for me without the cakiness, powdery look. Flawless indeed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2002 4:36:00 PM More reviews by mistar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is indeed a great powder--it gives the coverage of foundation without the heaviness, yet it's not chalky at all. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2002 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Aubrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great coverage, very natural looking, can be used wet and/or dry, great colors