September 17, 2014 | 2055 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The name for this is very fitting. The colour is exactly like the red slippers in the wizard of oz! It sparkles in a good way, im not a big fan of glitter but thids polish i love! The colour is wow and looks so good. Takes a while to dry though even with SV.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this. The glitter is just right--almost subtle (if subtle is possible with red glittery polish!) Without telling DH the name, I asked him what he thought of the color, and he said, "It looks just like the shoes in Wizard of Oz." I've also been pleasantly surprised as to longevity, at least for a glittery, bright-colored polish: it didn't chip for 4 or 5 days, and even then, they're small chips, easily fixed. (I used three coats and finished up with Sally Hansen Diamond top coat, which I reapplied once a few days later.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by jessienz

This is gorgeous, totally reminiscent of Dorothy's "Ruby Pumps" on The Wizard of Oz

I can't stop looking at my nails when I have it on. And I get so many compliments! Also looks freakin awesome layered over China Glaze Branding Iron

My first go at China Glaze produts and I have to say this is a must have for any polish freak!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a fun red! This just makes me happy when it's on my fingers. So glittery and so perfect. I always get compliments on this color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

A must have! this glitter polish is so ridiculous and pretty! You can do 3 coats or layer it over another red for total opaqueness. Its really fun and girly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by radiant1

Gorgeous color; the China Glaze formula is smooth and drying time is shorter with Seche Vite quick dry top coat. Ruby Pumps is my fav China Glaze color.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really heart this color, but CG chips like hell, even with Seche topcoat.
I applied it this afternoon, and during dinner I noticed it chipped already!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 3:57:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

i am generally not a fan or glitters or shimmers but this is gorgeous. it SPARKLES. doesn't look childish or tacky

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

After my quest for A Ruby for Rudolph by OPI turned up 0 (waited too long = stores out), after reading the reviews for CG, found it at Ulta and purchased. Holy hannah - LOVE this polish. I am sooooo skeptical of non-OPI polishes becuz even w/ my HG base and top coat (Orly Bonder + Orly In a Snap) non-OPI polish doesn't seem to last more than 2 days on me = totally unacceptable!

This stuff - I'm on day 6 and still going strong! It is exactly like Dorothy's ruby slippers (something I have longed for since I was a little girl.) The red is a beautiful, deep, rich red (cool toned- no orangy tones here) w/ just the right amount of gold glitter. It did take a full 2 coats to get the deep rich red, but I always do 2 coats of polish, so that didn't bother me. I can't stop staring at my nails!! I don't care X-mas is over = I will keep wearing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kimko

I am typing this while Ruby Pumps is drying on my hands, haha. This color is gorgeous and I've never see anything like it. When I put the first coat on, it looked like a dark pinkish color with sparkles and then when I put the 2nd coat on, it looked more like the dark red in bottle. Nonetheless, I am not putting on a third coat, because I am satisfied with the color. Everytime I move my hand, my nails just shine and glitter. This is truly another favorite from China Glaze and could be worn anytime.