China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 4/14/2009 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

China Glaze Ruby Pumps is all that and a bag of chips! This polish is a true brilliant red absolutely LOADED with red glitter. This is the kind of polish that rocks a pair of sandals in the summer, but looks equally striking in some strappy stilettos at Christmas time. the glitter makes it a huge pain to get off .. but it's SOOOO worth it to have toes that look this pretty!!

on 3/29/2009 1:38:00 AM

This is my go to hg nail polish, I hope they don't discontinue this! It's a very deep and true red with a ton of glitter in it, so if you don't like glitter this isn't for you. It's very eye catching and I get lots of compliments on it. Mine doesn't seem to chip too much, it usually lasts 4-5 days before it starts to chip. This isn't streaky at all, although with one coat it looks a little pink but with two coats you'll get the real color. I'll be repurchasing.

on 3/28/2009 12:26:00 AM

I'm a huge Wizard of Oz fan, having been in the musical about 4 times in my life. When I saw this color, I had to have it! It was easy to apply, and only took two coats to get a nice opaqueness to it. However, (and I notice this with other glitter polishes, too) this did chip after a week. Usually polish lasts a little longer on my toes. It's such a great glittery red, though, and it makes me smile when I see my toes!

on 3/12/2009 8:08:00 PM

Ok so i've always had a strange fear of branching out and wearing red nail polish. I don't even wear red lipstick so i figured i'd go ahead and try red polish. I really didn't want a firecracker red nail that someone could see a mile away, just wanted a really pretty flattering subtle red. The first coat of Ruby Pumps was way too cherry red for me so i did apply a second coat and put a clear shine polish ontop. Let's just say that i'm totally in love with it and can't stop looking at my nails! The sparkles in it aren't overdone but give a really nice lighter red gleam in the light. These should have been named Dorothy's Ruby Slippers in my opinion because that's exactly what two coats of it looks like. I will most definitley be purchasing this polish again and right now it's my favorite!

on 3/9/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first China Glaze nail polish and I have to say that I was very impressed with it! How I never gave the China Glaze brand of nail polishes a second glance before, I don't know?? This is one of the prettiest glittery nail polishes that I've ever worn. It's shimmery, glittery, sparkly, glossy, sexy, and long lasting to boot! The red color isn't too bright nor too vampy. It's the perfect shade of red! I now consider it one of my secret weapons when I want to add a little extra sparkle to my tips or toes! I have to give it four stars only because glittery nail polishes are really a pain to remove, the glitter just doesn't want to go away.....no matter how much nail polish remover I use.

on 3/9/2009 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wore this one on my birthday, it's not a typical colour that I would wear day to day and I wanted something shiny and pretty. This nail colour is a deep shiny red with shimmer, but not annoying glitter just a nice subtle sparkle. I really like this shade, it's unique and stands out. Now I just have to learn how to put nail polish on cleanly without getting it in the sides of my nails and cuticles.

on 3/9/2009 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

The name for this is very fitting. The colour is exactly like the red slippers in the wizard of oz! It sparkles in a good way, im not a big fan of glitter but thids polish i love! The colour is wow and looks so good. Takes a while to dry though even with SV.

on 3/7/2009 8:14:00 PM

Love this. The glitter is just right--almost subtle (if subtle is possible with red glittery polish!) Without telling DH the name, I asked him what he thought of the color, and he said, "It looks just like the shoes in Wizard of Oz." I've also been pleasantly surprised as to longevity, at least for a glittery, bright-colored polish: it didn't chip for 4 or 5 days, and even then, they're small chips, easily fixed. (I used three coats and finished up with Sally Hansen Diamond top coat, which I reapplied once a few days later.)

on 3/7/2009 5:50:00 PM

This is gorgeous, totally reminiscent of Dorothy's "Ruby Pumps" on The Wizard of Oz

I can't stop looking at my nails when I have it on. And I get so many compliments! Also looks freakin awesome layered over China Glaze Branding Iron

My first go at China Glaze produts and I have to say this is a must have for any polish freak!

on 3/1/2009 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Such a fun red! This just makes me happy when it's on my fingers. So glittery and so perfect. I always get compliments on this color.

Top Rated China Glaze Products