April 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a fun red! This just makes me happy when it's on my fingers. So glittery and so perfect. I always get compliments on this color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

A must have! this glitter polish is so ridiculous and pretty! You can do 3 coats or layer it over another red for total opaqueness. Its really fun and girly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by radiant1

Gorgeous color; the China Glaze formula is smooth and drying time is shorter with Seche Vite quick dry top coat. Ruby Pumps is my fav China Glaze color.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really heart this color, but CG chips like hell, even with Seche topcoat.
I applied it this afternoon, and during dinner I noticed it chipped already!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 3:57:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

i am generally not a fan or glitters or shimmers but this is gorgeous. it SPARKLES. doesn't look childish or tacky

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

After my quest for A Ruby for Rudolph by OPI turned up 0 (waited too long = stores out), after reading the reviews for CG, found it at Ulta and purchased. Holy hannah - LOVE this polish. I am sooooo skeptical of non-OPI polishes becuz even w/ my HG base and top coat (Orly Bonder + Orly In a Snap) non-OPI polish doesn't seem to last more than 2 days on me = totally unacceptable!

This stuff - I'm on day 6 and still going strong! It is exactly like Dorothy's ruby slippers (something I have longed for since I was a little girl.) The red is a beautiful, deep, rich red (cool toned- no orangy tones here) w/ just the right amount of gold glitter. It did take a full 2 coats to get the deep rich red, but I always do 2 coats of polish, so that didn't bother me. I can't stop staring at my nails!! I don't care X-mas is over = I will keep wearing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kimko

I am typing this while Ruby Pumps is drying on my hands, haha. This color is gorgeous and I've never see anything like it. When I put the first coat on, it looked like a dark pinkish color with sparkles and then when I put the 2nd coat on, it looked more like the dark red in bottle. Nonetheless, I am not putting on a third coat, because I am satisfied with the color. Everytime I move my hand, my nails just shine and glitter. This is truly another favorite from China Glaze and could be worn anytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by lolipopi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in love. Christmas fav! Beautiful color - love the glitter. Great price. What's not to love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm one of very few people who don't like Ruby Pumps, but just to give you the alternative opinion here's why. The color is a little too bright red for me, and all the glitter makes it lumpy and hard to apply evenly. It's a three coater and even then you need a coat of shiny top coat to even it out. And for some reason the glitter in this just seems too metallic-y for my tastes...hard to explain! Anyway I much prefer Revlon Firecracker for a glittery red.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by sv

I love, love, love, the color of this jelly bright red glitter polish. The store I purchased it charged $6.50 and I had a coupon, so I decided to try. I did 2 coats and it was still dentable after an hour and a half. Very disappointed in the dry time. I am an OPI fan and this is my first China Glaze...I may try the brand again, but I am not so sure.