December 20, 2014 | 954 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by kideema

Ok so i've always had a strange fear of branching out and wearing red nail polish. I don't even wear red lipstick so i figured i'd go ahead and try red polish. I really didn't want a firecracker red nail that someone could see a mile away, just wanted a really pretty flattering subtle red. The first coat of Ruby Pumps was way too cherry red for me so i did apply a second coat and put a clear shine polish ontop. Let's just say that i'm totally in love with it and can't stop looking at my nails! The sparkles in it aren't overdone but give a really nice lighter red gleam in the light. These should have been named Dorothy's Ruby Slippers in my opinion because that's exactly what two coats of it looks like. I will most definitley be purchasing this polish again and right now it's my favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBySkye

This is my first China Glaze nail polish and I have to say that I was very impressed with it! How I never gave the China Glaze brand of nail polishes a second glance before, I don't know?? This is one of the prettiest glittery nail polishes that I've ever worn. It's shimmery, glittery, sparkly, glossy, sexy, and long lasting to boot! The red color isn't too bright nor too vampy. It's the perfect shade of red! I now consider it one of my secret weapons when I want to add a little extra sparkle to my tips or toes! I have to give it four stars only because glittery nail polishes are really a pain to remove, the glitter just doesn't want to go away.....no matter how much nail polish remover I use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wore this one on my birthday, it's not a typical colour that I would wear day to day and I wanted something shiny and pretty. This nail colour is a deep shiny red with shimmer, but not annoying glitter just a nice subtle sparkle. I really like this shade, it's unique and stands out. Now I just have to learn how to put nail polish on cleanly without getting it in the sides of my nails and cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The name for this is very fitting. The colour is exactly like the red slippers in the wizard of oz! It sparkles in a good way, im not a big fan of glitter but thids polish i love! The colour is wow and looks so good. Takes a while to dry though even with SV.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this. The glitter is just right--almost subtle (if subtle is possible with red glittery polish!) Without telling DH the name, I asked him what he thought of the color, and he said, "It looks just like the shoes in Wizard of Oz." I've also been pleasantly surprised as to longevity, at least for a glittery, bright-colored polish: it didn't chip for 4 or 5 days, and even then, they're small chips, easily fixed. (I used three coats and finished up with Sally Hansen Diamond top coat, which I reapplied once a few days later.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by jessienz

This is gorgeous, totally reminiscent of Dorothy's "Ruby Pumps" on The Wizard of Oz

I can't stop looking at my nails when I have it on. And I get so many compliments! Also looks freakin awesome layered over China Glaze Branding Iron

My first go at China Glaze produts and I have to say this is a must have for any polish freak!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a fun red! This just makes me happy when it's on my fingers. So glittery and so perfect. I always get compliments on this color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

A must have! this glitter polish is so ridiculous and pretty! You can do 3 coats or layer it over another red for total opaqueness. Its really fun and girly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by radiant1

Gorgeous color; the China Glaze formula is smooth and drying time is shorter with Seche Vite quick dry top coat. Ruby Pumps is my fav China Glaze color.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really heart this color, but CG chips like hell, even with Seche topcoat.
I applied it this afternoon, and during dinner I noticed it chipped already!