July 31, 2014 | 1677 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2005 7:32:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPanda

I just got this today. There wasn't as much shimmer as I thought there would be. Maybe I'm just a lush when it comes to shimmer. I can never get enough.

Another MUA-er suggested on the boards that if you kind of "buff" it with your brush after it dries that the shimmer will come out more.

I didn't have any black eyeliner and this is great for someone who doesn't, and likes shimmer like I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by missytakespics

I freaking love this. I'm getting to a stage in my life where dark black liner just looks a little too much for me. I had heard all the drama about this not having a ton of shimmer and being muddy but I don't find that to be the case at all. Once you dip your brush in the pot, you can see the shimmer. This liner is still very black however, I dont find it muddy at all, I def. look like I have black liner on when I use it. But in order to really get the shimmer to show up on me, I pair it with gold shades, like Honey Lust, Goldmine, Gorgeous Gold, etc...I save my everyday black liner to use with other shades of shadow. Because once I pair Blitz & Glitz with anything golden, it makes the liner radiate gold shimmer. it's not huge chunky glitter interlaced with the gel, its very fine, so it doesnt stand out, but over golden shades it really does add shimmer to your eye look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 6:46:00 PM More reviews by fortchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

despite all the other reviewers saying that this color is like blacktrack, i highly disagree. i can't really pin-point the color, because it's actually a hybrid of gold, brown, charcoal, and green and of course it has shimmer in it. it is exremely unique. i was using powerpoint stubborn brown before i picked this up. it was getting boring, and blitz and glitz is perfect for me. yay i love fluidlines.
UPDATE: i've realized that THIS IS MY HG! i find myself drawn to this every morning, even though i try and give my other fluidlines a chance. i'll never be without this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 3:38:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I previously wrote a review on this back when it first came out, and I really liked B&G back then! Maybe my jar is just getting old... I dunno... but I have made quite a dent in this (I wore it alot), and now the product itself has become very dry and crumbly on me! I can see more of the gold since I am almost halfway down the pot, but I liked it better when I mostly saw the black. Now that it is used, I get all kinds of flakes and crumbles when I try to line with this. Probably best if I just throw this away becuz it is more trouble than it is worth now! Don't know if it is worth repurchasing if only the top half of the jar is usable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this a 4, simply because it is a nice soft black fluidline which lasts well and looks nice. I am, however, extremely disappointed in the supposed "gold pearl". Maybe it shows up if you know a person is wearing it and you get 3 inches from their eyes to look for the gold shimmer. Otherwise, it looks like a soft black. If you need a black liner, it's a good buy, but don't buy it just for the gold sparkles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by blissgirl

First off, I love Fluidlines! They are the greatest eyeliners, in my opinion. Blitz & Glitz is described by MAC as an "intense black flashed with gold pearl". It was released as part of the Rebelrock collection in July '05.

On my pale skin, Blitz & Glitz is a smokey eyeliner with slight gold shimmer. The fact that it isn't as stark of a black as Blacktrack Fluidline means that it looks smokier - like the eyeliner is worn and some has faded. It looks hot! It's sort of a sultry look.

The gold shimmer shows up, but it is faint. It adds a 'glow' to the liner - without screaming 'apparent glitter chunks'.

Compared with Buried Treasure Powerpoint, Blitz & Glitz's shimmer is a tad more faint. Buried Treasure is a little 'blacker' when you rub a lot on - but overall, you can't really tell the difference between them.

This eyeliner can work for both day and night, for a smokey hot look or a conservative look. It can be worn as an eyeshadow, too. It lasts all day, doesn't fade or smudge & applies like a dream. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No