The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 5/3/2004 1:34:00 AM

I use this on pimples that popped up unexpectedly. It's actually effective, it takes a only a day to see results.

This sometimes makes my pimples go away. I use it every night and the next day they're usally smaller. But not all the time. The smell is horrible and is so strong. Not sure if I will purchase again.

on 2/17/2004 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of a few good things about having dry skin is that I rarely experience problems with pimples, blemish, zits, acne ... Of course, I still have them pop out at least once a month, to send the signal that I'll be having my period very soon .. That's why I used to keep this on my drawer. A little amount needed, coz it stings and dries out my skin, sometimes leaving ugly flaky skin afterwards. But sometimes it could be quite effective. The price is reasonable too. However, I like Neutrogena On The Spot better and their price are alomost the same. So after a year or two constant usage of this Tea Tree Oil, I'd switched to Neutrogena.

on 2/10/2004 10:52:00 PM

I really like this for zapping pimples. It does a good job of drying the pimple so it can begin healing. Does smell very strong though!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product does help get rid of little pimples but not significantly. It helps speed up the process. But one thing I dislike about it is that it stings upon application and the smell is horrible. i applied it last night and my bf asked me wth I used cuz it reeked. lol. This product is pretty good for people who have fairly clear skin but a pimple here and there.

i've used this product for a while now, and have generally been happy with it. yes, it does wreak :( it's effective in drying out little zits and bumps, but i still use stronger anti-acne creams for the more severe pimples. i 've tried all of TBS's TTO line and have found this to be the most effective one so far.
I wasn't aware that health food stores sell 100% tea tree oil. so i'm going to have to try those before buying another TBS one.

on 1/3/2004 9:07:00 PM

I use this on my scalp when it is dry and itchy. I just dab it onto the itchy areas, and it really helps. It doesn't make my hair oily at all. It soaks right into the skin.

on 12/30/2003 2:03:00 PM

I have used this product for over 5 years now. It is my secret weapon against nasty pimples. This stuff works really really well. I would consider my skin sensitive and thin but I am able to slather this stuff all over my face without it stinging ... well, at first it stung but I've been using the product for so long I have gotten used to it. I definitely do not use this product everyday but when my skin is feeling a little dry and blemished, I will use the oil to moisturize my skin and kill the nasty pimple bacteria. It works great !!!!!

on 9/25/2003 6:35:00 PM

before i found the pure oil in health stores, i got it from here. now i have found tea tree oil for much less at health stores. 100 percent too! tea tree oil is super strong so try not to use it directly...put it in toner or cleansing foam etc...but dont put it into the container...it becomes a little inactive when mixed with your own lotion etc. most effective when you mix a drop with the toner...for ex on a cotton pad or something

on 7/26/2003 5:42:00 AM

Did absolutely nothing for me, and I was terrified that I'd reinfect myself cos' I hadn't realized I should use a Q-tip instead of the applicator. Which brings me back to my original contention - why can't they make more use friendly packaging or at least provide suggestions on how a product should be used hygienically? Life's hard for a newbie, you know. Good thing I'm way past that stage.

Popular Treatments (Face)