Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

bought this cos a friend said the loose powder was good so i thought the pressed one shouldn't be too bad either but it doesn't do much for me and looks powdery and not in the finished look sort of way. definitely does not make skin look better and don't quite like the packaging too =p will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I must like this powder because I repurchased. Something I rarely do becauase I buy try so many product and never run completely out of anything. Anyway, it's great for my oily skin. Makes my pores disappear. Still have to blot the oil but I do that with anything I wear. I wear it over Revlon's ColorStay. Both have helped me to survive the Texas heat and still look ok. I'm a DDD and I use 11,I think Stay Bronze (or something like that).Does not change colors. I'm not one to be a makeup snob and only use hi-end products but I would buy this regardless of the cost,which imho,is fairly cheap,$17.50.
Definately repurchase and that says a lot.

on 8/13/2004 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall there was nothing that special about this press powder. If you use the powder all over you face then you look too made up like the girls over the counter. The powder will only get rid of all the oil on my nose and forward if I use a lot of it and I'm not a huge fan of applying 23934 pounds of powder. The sales associate were rude and un-attentive BUT the only pro was the packaging. Very cute and remind me of Emerald gem, very nice. will not repurchase.

on 8/4/2004 12:28:00 PM

I don't know what these other girls were talking about, the powder turning your skin orange?!?! HUH!?! I bought 01 Stay Buff and I haven't found that problem at all. Great powder, keeps my t-zone more mattified than my previous pressed powder by Rimmel, although Clinique's is half the size.

on 7/25/2004 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This powder does wonders for my oily skin. It stays put and lasts forever. When I put it on my face just looks amazing. It's my HG and I"ll always buy it.

on 7/22/2004 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have a ton of different foundations and powders. I keep buying and buying. I've decided to go through and give each one a test run to see if I truly like them or not. Well, this Clinique powder didn't make it for me. I have the color in Stay Buff. I'm wearing a t-zone mattifier and an oil control foundation. I put this powder on this morning. I've had to touch up a couple of times...I quit after 1:00....my skin looks orange and my foundation looks masky and seperated. I wore it with another powder the other day and it didn't do that. In the trash it goes. I'm not keeping things around I don't like anymore

on 7/20/2004 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Bought this three times already. Really like this powder. Sheer, no scent and keeps face matte. Nice mirror (the compact it self isn't anything special, I admit) and easy to carry around.
I have #02 stay neutral.

on 7/17/2004 10:47:00 PM

This powder didn't get a ton of great reviews on here, but I must say, it's my favorite powder and I truly love it!! I've been using it for years! I do not have super oily skin. The coverage is great, makes my skin look flawless and pores really do vanish!

on 6/9/2004 10:46:00 PM

I really like this. It feels so smooth. Stay Neutral is a pretty good match for my NC30 skintone. It doesnt keep me oil-free through the whole day (nothing does), but I just blot and reapply. Have already repurchased

on 6/2/2004 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Used this during the mid-90's and never was impressed with it. I don't know what Clinique's definition of matte powder is, because I still shone like a beacon!! The powder was thick and cakey where I wanted it to blot naturally. It was definitely the name of the product that sucked me in...I have super oily skin and bought this in the hope it would stop me reflecting sunlight off my forehead. I'm older and wiser now, I use Shu Uemura's Matte Loose Powder and have the mini size for stashing in my makeup bag when travelling. It doens'nt make my face feel like chalky mask, has a light texture and controls shine a heck of a lot better. Never again!!