April 19, 2014 | 1891 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2006 6:16:00 PM More reviews by krissybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! I am in the sun several hours a day and now that I am 42 years old, I really need to protect myself. I wear Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 on my shoulders, neck, and arms and Liquid Foundation SPF 42 on my face. The look is very natural and the protection hasn't failed me. Even after playing several hours of tennis or hiking, this product stays true and doesn't sweat off. My husband never complains about my make-up when I wear this or Shiseido's lifting foundation. If I wear Channel or some or another high end product, he picks up on it and tells me that something is wrong with my make-up. I think Shiseido's color line and finish compliments my skin tone. I also like the simple packaging of this foundation. I hate carrying around fancy bottles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

had a difficult time blending (seemed to become quite dry), and the color - 30, turned peach on me (pale face, yellow/olive neck undertones). i may try other colors, but the dry-down was unfavorable for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Jake

I really liked this foundation, a little went a long way and it really stayed put all day. The color was pretty close however I'm pretty sure this was the culprit of a pretty bad breakout that took awhile to recover from. It may have been that I just wasn't getting it all removed when I washed my face. They said to use a cleansing oil to remove properly but the few oils I have tried have broke me out too! Back to Nordy's it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by superbooos

I absolutely luv this foundation, it is definitely my HG! It has such great coverage but does not feel thick at all. I especially like the fact that it has such high SPF protection. It did not break me out at all and my skin is pretty oily and sensitive and it lasts all day and does not oxidize or change color on my skin. I lent it to my mom to try who used to use Lancome Maqui-Libre for 5 years, but she is completely in love with this product now too! The sad thing is, this may be a little harder to find now though as they are discontinuing it - why does this always happen? Everytime I find something I luv, it gets discontinued boohoo :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Emilee_ann_143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. However it is very thick if you apply it straight to your face. But the trick is that I usually mix it with a little moisturizer and about two or three drops for my whole face. I apply it straight on my nose area tho becuz it gets oily. But It lasts quite a long time! I think I still have more than half the bottle left since december! Great match for my Mac NC25-30 skin is Number Spf40

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by loohoo44

I purchased this after swiping a sample on my jawline, seemed okay at the time but they wouldn't give me a sample to take home and try on my whole face. I'm pretty pale (MAC NC15-20), and the SP10 is the lightest shade they have. Unfortunately when I put it over my whole face I looked like I had an orange mask on . It really is medium-full coverage, but it only comes in one range of colors (no pinker or yellower tones), and starts out fairly dark. The good parts of this product are: excellent coverage, if that's what you're after, didn't make me break out, SUPER long-wearing, smudgeproof, you need an oil cleanser to get it off, and a really good sunscreen. Soooo, if you can find a color match, and need a pretty good coverage foundation/sunscreen, this might be for you. I have oily skin, and I wouldn't recommend this for drier types, as it goes on runny and dries matte. I returned this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by aohrtman

This made me break out and I have pretty normal skin. Iím surprised no one else had this problem. Iíve never had a make up cause this many white heads in such a short time. It made me break out in literally hours. It must have something to do with the high level of sun block. I find sun blocks very clogging. I donít recommend this product. They did have some good colors. They donít go very dark so the selection is limited if your dark. Itís definitely catered toward Asian woman.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by whrlwnd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loooooooooove this foundation! I am continually looking for a foundation that will hold up in summer without sliding off my face, that doesnt look caked on, and which is easy to apply. This foundation is perfect! Dont let the thin consistency fool you- it gives great coverage. It certainly covered up my old acne marks and some freckles. Because of the consistency, I didnt feel I needed a brush or a sponge to apply, so I took it to the beach frequently. I really like the high SPF, but I use this over my sunscreen and it completely gets rids of the greasy sunscreen shine and makes my face look powdery but not overdone. My only (minor minor) complaint- I have cooler skin, so I use pinkish foundations; the colors in this collection are more yellow based. (But great if you have a tan!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2006 12:04:00 PM More reviews by fembot807

dried out my face (i have normal skin & use moisturizer). too much coverage...looked like i was wearing a makeup mask (not natural)...bought it for the spf & reputation of the company...sorely disappointed at the price and ulimate look of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ELPrecord

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is sooo expensive which is the reason for the 4 rating. i was a bit disappointed in how watery this foundation seemed to be..but nooooooooo..i made too quick of an assumption as this dried in a powdery finish. medium coverage. but for anyone with yellow undertones like myself..i would highly recommend. i have never found foundation that worked with my skintone as much as shiseido..so even though this is quite expensive..it will last me forever since i don't use foundation all over my face (just around my eyes). i would like to add that i normally have a problem touching up foundations that seem to separate and lie in the fine lines under my eyes, only visible when i'm wearing makeup and this product hardly does that at all. very minimal touch ups. thanks for the reviews..if it weren't for MUA..i would have not looked into this.