Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

3.8

on 11/23/2002 3:19:00 PM

This is my favourite of the 7 B&BW scents I've tried. It isn't overpoweringly sweet, nor does it smell chemically or fake. I'm not a fragrance expert by any means, but it smells like there is a touch of sandalwood in here, which makes it more sophisticated and complex than your average vanilla scent. The lotion itself has a medium thickness and sinks in quickly. If we had B&BW in Canada, I'd definitely buy more of this...even as it is, I think I'll try to swap for more.

on 11/21/2002 4:42:00 PM

I like the smell of this lotion, as it has a soothing, not overly sugary vanilla scent. This is my cold weather favorite, as it's calming and reminds me of a snowy day.

on 10/28/2002 10:51:00 AM

I was looking for a vanilla-scented lotion and bought Warm Vanilla sugar based on the fabulous reviews and I was not let down!!! I didn't like BBW lotions from the past, recalling their greasiness and for not-absorbing easily, but this products went right into my skin...and the smell is divine. It is lasting but not overpowering. I'm a big fan!

on 9/15/2002 12:54:00 AM

I took a long time to warm up to this scent, seriously--I've had the lotion and body wash for almost 2 years now, just sitting in my cupboards. I think I bought them during one of B&BW's many "buy 3, get 1..." specials and intended to give it as a gift. I'm so glad I didn't give it away. I tested the lotion a few times and never liked it enough to use it all over, but recently I've started enjoying vanilla more and since it's starting to feel like Fall decided to give it a try. I love this lotion!!! It's a warm, sweet-but-not-too-foodie vanilla. Very moisturizing, not sticky at all and after wearing it all day, I can still smell the fragrance.

on 6/17/2002 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this scent! It's vanilla-y without being overpowering, but it's also got a sweet edge to it. I love how the lotion moisturizes, and the scent lingers on me for hours, unlike most other lotions I've tried. This is by far the best B&BW lotion scent ever!

I love the smell of this--it's intoxicating--and it really moisturizes my skin!!

on 2/4/2002 11:21:00 AM

This is definitely a lotion for people who are die-hard vanilla fans. Lucky for me, I'm one of them. It's a beautiful moisture-rich lotion with a warm and sweet vanilla scent. The fragrance dries down to a pleasant powdery cocoa-ish scent, which I quite like. Rather long lasting too. It goes on really smooth and seeps into my skin almost immediately. Definitely one of my favourites. It contains vitamins C and E to nourish, aloe vera to moisturise and a host of fruit and oat extracts to protect skin. Bath&Body Works can be found at: intimatebrands.com.

on 1/30/2002 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

ICK!!!!! I know that scent is a matter of personal preference, but I found this to be unwearable. I put it on and within 5 minutes I felt nauseated. To me, it doesn't smell like vanilla but like chemicals covered up by artificial sweetener. The scent was overpowering too. The lotion didn't sink in well, but somehow didn't moisturize effectively either. A BIG thumbs down.

on 1/18/2002 1:42:00 PM

I wanted to like this, and tried it many times. It doesn't smell natural to me. I keep going back to it, but I keep leaving it. Not for me.

on 1/5/2002 4:25:00 AM

My favorite scent of all....the yummiest vanilla! I always get compliments on this, and cannot get enough of this stuff. This is one thing I can't do without!