Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Pretty ho-hum. Nothing fantastic here. Didn't help my blemishes at all, didn't make them worse though, which is good. I know my skin hates salicyclic acid, so I only used this a few times... This has hardly any coverage, which is weird because if you're using it to heal acne, you usually want it to hide what you do have in the process... It wasn't buildable either... It looked the same no matter how much you put on, which I guess is kind of good... It didn't look cakey, lol. If you're looking for coverage, look elsewhere.

on 7/18/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use Almay foundation on daily basis, but after I use up all my Almay foundation I wont be repurchasing, especially this one. I purchased this in the shade Naked (I'm an NC30 in MAC).
Overall the colour selection is quiet poor. It is a light coverage, and I dont believe this foundation is buildable, it will look cakey if you do build it up. It was not very durable, so after about 3 hours it will start to fade.
However I will say that after you applied it on, it will give just a nice light, natural and even finish, even the though the shade it slightly off.
I hate the packaging, just a plain bottle with no pump.

on 7/12/2010 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

HG! HG! HG!

....My little children, I swear I will NEVER love another liquid foundation as I have this one.

After experimenting around with several different brands, even Revlon's infamous "ColorStay", I totally lost all hope within the realms of the cosmetic industry. I was on the look out for a cheap, heavy coverage yet oil free foundation, especially one that's company didn't test on animals.

Almay's Clear Complexion did all of the above and *MORE*. Since I've been using this, alongside Milk of Magnesia as a primer, I haven't had acne in a long time.

While the decrease of pimples may be in result of my Milk of Magnesia primer, I know that Almay guarantees for this to cut down acne as well....so maybe the two combined is why my friends are so envious. ;)

Other than reducing my acne, some of my old acne scars have even faded. It's not a dramatic change, but I notice a slight difference. My blemishes don't look as blotchy as they did before either.

Plus the lasting power is amazing. Even without a real primer or my Milk of Magnesia, my face still looks flawless for 7+ hours after I slather some of this across my skin.

The only two cons I can think of for this foundation is that they don't create a lot of darker shades. It seems like Almay's whole beauty line is intended for pale looking Caucasian women like myself. Such a shame.

The other con is the price. Though I prefer the use of heavy coverage foundations, personally for me, I don't need very much coverage. All I need to do is hide my rosy tinted cheeks and my already-mentioned scarring. I blend into my hairline as well, though really it isn't required. Not to mention I don't wear foundation every day. So even though I bought my Almay bottle two months ago, I still have a ton left.

For people who use more than I do, this 1 ounce bottle could be a problem. Especially for something so measly to weigh in at $11.99. The point I'm trying to make here is that 1 ounce probably won't be enough for most people. Especially if you need to use foundation for a heavy coverage on a daily basis.

But with that aside, thanks to PETA.org and Google, I FINALLY FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION.

on 7/10/2010 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

i started using this foundation about a month ago, because the neutrogena one looked a little orange, it was good but was orange and its sad to say im extremly pale. lol
this foundation is a little lighter, and it hasent broken me out, (knock on wood) lol
but i am thinking about trying EVERYDAY MINERALS because it has better skin tone colors, will write about that product once i get it and try it out for a month.
for now this will do the job it covers well and the power along with it is good too.

on 7/4/2010 10:42:00 AM

Have been using this for a few years and it's great! Refusing to pay through the nose for make-up, I ditched the Lancome for this and it was a good move. Light but with good coverage and Buff works for me. Notice a difference when on the odd occassion, I do use the Lancome Teint Idole original - I'm much less oily with Almay and it stays on longer! Why throw your money away on inferior, pricier products? Doesn't make me break out, but not sure if it helps keep the acne at bay either. Good, matte coverage when combined with Clear Complexion pressed powder. Don't understand what people's issue is with the lack of a pump - just put your finger over the top and invert the bottle! The right amount is deposited on your finger, it doesn't run - what's the problem? This is a keeper!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am sad to say that this make up made me break out more after a few days of use. I thought it would help heal blemishes not create them! but the darkest color did match perfectly with my skin which was a plus.

on 6/30/2010 8:26:00 AM

I have used this product for several months and i love everything about it. It has excellent coverage, its long lasting and covers imperfections well. Despite this i suspect it has made my acne-prone skin worse rather than better, maybe due to the thickness of the product, i'm not really sure. I'm now on the look out for a mineral based foundation instead. Definitely worth trying it out though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this foundation! I had been using a different one for years and I have always have had a little bit of an acne problem. My skin is so much clearer after switching foundations! I doubt that this has cured my acne, but it probably has helped improve my skin because it does not clog my pores like the other stuff I was using. It stays on for a long time, and I blot less often. The lightest color doesn't completely match my skin tone (as in it is too dark), but it is only noticed by me. It does seem to oxidize if I have it on for a really long time, but this is easily remedied by just reapplying a new face before I go out at night (which I do anyways because I usually take a shower before I go out at night after a long day at school), so I don't really see that fact as a problem. It is a little expensive, but I think you just have to come to terms with paying more money for a better product. I do not have any problems with the packaging, but I have never used a foundation with a pump, so I wouldn't have anything to compare it to. I love this product, and I hope other people with acne-prone skin will at least give this foundation a chance!

on 6/23/2010 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought the whole set for this product such as the pressed powder, the concealer. At first yeah, it worked great. My make up lasted all day and it wasn't oily at all!! But now that I notice, it doesn't diminish my acne, it just stays there, if anything it gets worse the next day :( Also this product is really watery and runny. The first time I used it, it spilled all over the place !! I do not thing I will buy this product again.

on 6/23/2010 2:15:00 AM

I adore this foundation! Let me start by saying that I actually have quite dry skin. I live in a climate that is incredibly dry, and it definitely shows. However, even though this foundation is for oil skin types, it does NOT dry me out at all. In fact, it's completely non-irritating and seems to have cleared up my skin quite a bit! The colour match for me is incredible. I have fair, warm-toned skin and "naked" is the best shade for me. Best way to check though is to bring a mirror to the store and try it on your jawline :)

I find the coverage nice. I hate heavy coverage, so if that's what you're looking for this might not be for you. I'd say it's a medium-light coverage, but it's very buildable. I like to go half and half with moisturizer in the summer. It blends very well, I've found. I usually just apply with my fingers.

The only downside is the bottle is pretty bad. It's hard to get the right amount of product out. A pump would have been nice, but a lot of drugstore foundations lack them. C'est la vie! I think the product makes up for that.