September 23, 2014 | 1407 users online

Cleansers - Desert Essence - Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 2:28:00 AM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this is just a little too strong for my sensitive skin.... i recommend that if u use this, don't use it everyday...it dries out ur skin a little too much. but it's good for a few times a week or after a workout! UPDATE 3/05: Well i tried this again and i had to move it up to 5 lippies! I love this! I think when i first used it I wasn't using a good lotion afterwards so it nixed my results... Now i have a brand new regimin that i love! 1. wash with DE thoroughly clean facial wash 2. Dry face & massage in a few drops of DE Jojoba oil until absorbed 3. apply a dab of the DE moisturizer...and voila! baby soft skin! It feels much plumper after only a couple weeks, and WAY SOFTER! Even my hubby said, "wow ur face feels so soft" which never happened to me before! Also, i noticed that just after 2 days my face is totally clear and pores much smaller. GREAT formula. In the morning I like to dilute it with a little more water...and every few days i like to add baking soda for exfoliation (thanks to an MUAer below!) D.E. is a great line! use the whole thing! nothing is more than $7 at Trader Joes.. ***EDIT: Now i have stopped using baking soda as an exfoliant because i found it really damages the skin--takes off too much (of the acid mantle layer). D.E. still works great though! Now that my skin is clear i only use it 1-2 a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my husband, but now I use it too. It's free of parabens and other evils and works well. Since I usually wear makeup, I rub the DE jojoba oil all over my face first to break up the makeup, and then wash it off with this. In the end, a tiny bit of oil remains on my skin to keep it moist, but all the makeup is gone (the towel always comes away clean when I dry off my face). I happen to like herbal scents, so I don't mind this one. It is runny, so you just have to be careful not to squirt too much. We bought ours in a large pump bottle at Trader Joe's. It's perfect!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2005 1:44:00 AM More reviews by aznswty515

Omg i thought this natural cleanser would clear my break outs and be gentle, but no! it only made my skin irritated, dry, and covered with pimples. It is very drying despite its seemingly innocent natural ingredients. Waste of $7 and I had to use it for my feet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2005 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My daily HG cleanser. I have very acne-prone skin that gets red and irritated easily as well. This not only keeps acne at bay, but softens my skin incredibly well, which is a hard to find combination for many acne cleansers that tend to dry out the skin. I also use this as a body wash as I break out immensely on my back and chest, and it has helped tremendously.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 4:57:00 AM More reviews by franknbeans82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG face wash!!! I have combo skin leaning more on the dry side, and I only get the occasional zits. I've never found anything (cleansers or spot treatments) that actually zapped my zits quickly and effectively...until I found this stuff! Before I found this stuff I was stuck b/w two poor choices: 1. face washes loaded w/ chemicals and geared towards acne prone skin (not the problem I have), 2. mild face washes that clean but don't kill the few zits that I get. This stuff is all natural, so it's not too harsh on my skin. However, the ingredients actually do zap my zits unbelieveably fast. After washing my face, w/i just a few hours I can notice that my zits are noticeably smaller, and after just a couple days my zits are nearly gone, no joke!! Plus, this wonderful face wash does not dry out my skin, which was a problem I had w/ medicated acne face washes. As for the other qualities, it's not ridiculously expensive. Just like many other reviewers, I bought the large size, which will probably last me forever. I do wish that the packaging came w/ a pump. I wound up buying a small pump bottle, which I refill when necessary. The pump bottle I bought also saves me the problem of pouring more of it than I want. I will probably stick w/ this face wash forever! ♥

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Bechy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like this product. As a cleanser, it's very drying. My face would feel tight and itchy after using it. I tried it simply because I like the natural ingredients. Unfortunately, natural itself is not enough, formula is everything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Guess I'm the only one, but I love how this stuff smells. As another one of the reviewers said, this is better for me as a face wash to use in the morning. It is pretty thin and runny and hence not the greatest for taking off your sunscreen and makeup, unless you want to wash your face about three times in a row. My skin can be on the dry side, and I've never found this product to be harsh or dry me out further. It's cheap at Trader Joe's too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2004 4:25:00 PM More reviews by lidiya6

I love this face wash - I have used it for years. I buy the large refill container so it winds up being quite cheap. I love the smell and it really cleans (usually even takes non-waterproof eye makeup off...sometimes I need a bit of remover though). My only complaint is that it is quite thin (liquidy) so I end up pumping more than I need, or sometimes it splashes out of my hand.

I wash my feet with this too, I love the antibacterial properties of tea tree!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2004 1:48:00 AM More reviews by TeaRoses77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked the ingredients list here and would use this a bodywash and also for the face while I'm in the shower. Its especially great for summertime or after sweaty workouts with the tea tree oil or when you feel a breakout coming on. It has a light clean scent to it, the packaging doesn't seem to work that well, but overall this is a great cleanser for those oily times! The best thing is the price and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2004 6:04:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this face wash..the smell takes a little getting used to but it becomes addicting after a while. Let me tell you, your face will feel the cleanest it's ever been. Add a little baking soda when you're washing your face for a gentle scrub.