April 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by LInnetfromIA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this as a GWP and was initially impressed -- it did a decent job getting makeup off and was drying but not too much so.

Then I got some in my eye.

Stinging, burning, tearing up (for hours), swelling around the eye (up to 14 hours later) -- when reviewers tell you "it stings," they're being kind. Whatever Clinique put in here, and I don't know if it's the fragrance or the surfactant or what, they should take it out and review their other products. This really tarnished Clinique's image for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Deanster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this product. It removes makeup really really well. The makeup just dissolves right into the foam and leaves no traces on your skin. Your face will feel clean after!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 4:28:00 AM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

it's basically the best facial cleanser i've ever used. it works perfectly, and leaves my skin feeling great. it's worth every penny. i'll buy this again and again. it's a must-have. it's so basic and non-irritating but still makes your face nice and clean.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ChocolateSprings

I received this as a GWP and am glad I didn't spend money on it. The smell of it is not overpowering, nothing fruity or floral-like. A little of it goes a long way; just a small amount creates a lot of lather, but it seemed to dry my combination skin more than other cleansers I have previously tried. Like another reviewer previously stated, it takes a lot of rinsing to remove all of the soap. Another disadvantage was that it burned my eyes! I would prefer to not have to endure this in order to remove my makeup. There are many other makeup removing cleansers out there that don't do this, so I'll pass on buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by roses888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this GWP and I really like it. You use a very small amount (like pea size) and it makes tons of foamy lather. I apply it with a face brush. The small tube I have has lasted a really long time because you can use so little of it when you wash your face. My only gripe is its a little hard to rinse off because of all the foamy soap. You will probally need a toner after to make sure you get all the residue off. It removes make up really well. I would recommend giving it a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by AManDaX

I am not a fan of foaming cleansers because they are always too harsh or drying for me. I received this cleanser in a GWP and because of the convenience of the small tube I took it with me on a trip. Worst idea ever! Not only it is harsh for skin, sting my eyes, I suspect that it gave me some of those hidden pimples as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

RIS. What's up with the smell? Maybe the one I rec'd is a bit old because it really has a harsh scent to it. Not what I'd expect from Clinique. Other that that it's a good cleanser, but not very moisturizing. We'll put this in the 'sometimes' pile.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 2:17:00 PM More reviews by CaterpillarGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In general, I am not a fan of foaming cleansers because they are usually too harsh for my sensitive skin, but this one is an exception. All you need is a pea sized amount to clean your entire face very thoroughly. Because you only need a tiny bit, it is actually pretty economical, and I love the light rosemary scent. The only reason I am not giving it a perfect score is because it is a little too drying to be HG for me, but as I said, considering the fact that it is a foaming cleanser it is pretty darn good on that front. I do, however, think that this cleanser is probably only appropriate for normal to oily skin types. My Mother has dry skin and absolutely hates this stuff because it really dries her out (which is good for me because she gives me all of her foaming cleanser GWPs! =)). Also, if you use too much, it will dry you out more than usual, so just take the smallest amount, add water to create a light foam, and apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by LoveMyMarine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

use to love this cleanser when i was in highschool, but now that my skin is maturing and has become drier it dosent work for me. I also discovered that it dosen remove all traces of my makeup. I have since switched to good old Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and my skin looks fantastic!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

I received this as a gift and it worked well for me. I love the smell (has a hint of gingery smell) and the texture. I currently use Clearasil's face wash but if I could splurge, I'd definitely get this face wash. It's gentle on the skin and doesn't dry it out.