December 20, 2014 | 1547 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by flcndvsx

I'm not much on liquid eyeliner unless it's in pen form. This one is pretty decent though as far as staying in place. I can never seem to manipulate the brush though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by WickedHuntress1

Love it! I just started using liquid liner and I tried Loreals teleoscopic carbon black first. Ouch, I hated that stuff. It was hard to get on. I do not know if it is just because I cannot stand the felt tip. I know it is all personal preference. I love the brush on this one though. It is very easily managed. I should mention I wear the dark brown version. It goes very well with my fair skin tone. I could never wear pencil liner on my upper lids because it just smudged everywhere and not in the good way. I must have oily lids so I did not have any trouble with it flaking off until I was taking it off but I like that alot better then having to scrub my delicate eye area.
I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

I like this but I don't like the brush and it's a bit hard to get off. It has good pigment and is really water-proof. The brush makes it a little hard to make delicate lines and it you get some on your lashes forget it. It dries nice a quick though. Pretty good product. I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by aebricker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It flakes, and I don't the brush as well as I like the marker tip eyeliners because I feel i don't have as much control (but then that's probably personal preference). Personal preference aside; many better, longer-lasting formulas are out there without having to pay much. I also think the packaging looks cheap, which even though I know that doesn't matter, it kinda turns me off anyway.

I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 cuz some people are looking for a thicker line. Maybe the formula stays put on some people more than me; I don't know.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by mukhy0

Despite what it says on the tube, it's not waterproof. It starts to flake off at the tiniest hint of sweat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Chlorine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

All right, ladies, some of you need some tough love. Some real talk. And apparently it's my lot in life to do just that, since no one else is going to do it. A number of you are using the wrong prodect for the wrong purpose. I don't just mean that Ultra Liner is the wrong product for you. I'm saying that liquid liner is the wrong product for you. In a big way. I'm not sure who's been telling you otherwise, but liquid liner is not appropriate for: smudging; applying to the waterline; looking "natural"; fingering, stroking, or otherwise affectionately touching (perhaps the most baffling of the things y'all seem to do to your make-up).

Maybelline's Ultra Liner is pretty excellent for its intended purpose, which is creating a clean, dark, harsh line, ideally along the upper lashline. As others have said, if you touch it, you may find that it stops looking so good. Don't touch your make-up. Why are you doing that to begin with? Get your hands off of your eyes when you're wearing make-up. Learn to control your own limbs.

Yes, it dries really quickly, which is nice for those seeking the look of liquid eyeliner and who don't want to prop themselves up with their eyes closed while it dries. If you want to smudge the line, let's not use this product, nor any other liquid eyeliner. Use a pencil, a cream, or a gel. Those are three products that are well suited to smudging, especially the latter two, which seem to have been designed for smudging.

The finish is shiny and the product will peel off at the end of the day rather than just dissolving or washing away. At first that's a little weird, but I've come to love it. Products with those properties last all day, through sweat or wear or tears or whatever. It's definitely bold, which is good because it's LIQUID EYELINER. If you want to look fresh, alert, and natural, DON'T USE BLACK LIQUID EYELINER. Y'all, come on, get real.

Overall, this stuff is pretty good. I bought it because I couldn't find the liquid liner I last used by L.A. Colors, which seems to be a trash brand that's not widely available for me in my area. I worship at the altar of the L.A. Colors product, though it seems very similar to Ultra Liner except for the brush, which was way better. The Ultra Liner brush is a nice one for those seeking thinner lines, but I wear a lot of this stuff. Not Winehousian amounts, but still a lot more than this brush can easily apply.

I know this is a really long review, but it seemed worth it. I read a lot of reviews for this stuff before I bought it the other day, and the most helpful to me were the terrible ones, because they all negatively regarded the qualities I was looking for in a waterproof liner. So thanks, guys. And you're welcome. continued >>

42 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

This is a most excellent product. Unlike other soft type liner brushes, this one is short, so I can apply with precision. It doesn't flop around and make a wavy line. The consistency of the liner is just right. Not runny, not gloppy. The right amount of liner comes out on the brush. I can get a fine line or a thick one, and I can do cat eyes with ease. No stinging/burning, no running, man how I wish I had discovered this stuff years ago. Plus, it costs very little! I will buy this again and again!

OK, one lippie off: after a workday, it sort of starts to peel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 12:10:00 AM More reviews by lil_me

I have been using this liner for years in the gray and brown. I never got the black because I feels it's too dark and un-natural looking. One little bottle lasts months for me. I have a lot of liquid liners from MAC, Laura Geller, ELF (terrible) and I almost always go back to the Ultra liner. It never flakes and lasts all day.
The packaging is cheap looking, but that's ok since it stays home anyways. No one will see it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by peluche

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok this was the very fist liquid eyeliner i have ever bought, and it wasnt what i really expected it to be. my cousin recomended it to me so i got it. it was very easy for me to put it on even the first time but i dont like that fact that it flakes (even though it says it doesnt) it can be thin, which is what i like and it does last a long time. what i have to do is to take it with me to where i go to touch up when it flakes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by thecheat08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: It stays on long and it really is waterproof. It's easy to use and the brush is very good at making thin lines but...
Cons: It chips, it gets messy, if you want something that can do but thin and thick lines, this ain't it! I recommend their felt tip liquid liner.