August 1, 2014 | 1077 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2003 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lilone829

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the medium/dark was great for me. im an nc-42 and it actually looked like it was too light in the package. but it's great for my oily t-zone. i agree that the puff they gave doesn't work so hot, i like it better with a powder brush. the puff sorta makes the surface all gunky. still love it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2003 10:50:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm an NC20 and I use "dark" as an eye shadow! Too dark for my face, but perfect taupe color for my eyes. Odd, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2003 9:34:00 PM More reviews by egyptianprincess

I hate shine in my t-zone, and I have yet to find a product to make that stay away for the whole day. However, in Blot Powder, I've found something that can take care of shine in the meantime. There's no colour, and it doesn't cake at all, it just absorbs oil, so there's no problem reapplying as often as you need it. Great to have in your purse for whenever you feel a little shiney.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by mallrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MAC blot powder in medium. I have VERY oily skin and I wear it alone and to set my foundation. The salesperson tried to sell me their new dark medium because it matches my skin tone better but it was a huge mistake. By the end of the day, the oiliness of my skin made the dark medium even darker so it just looked weird. I also found that applying it with a powder brush works better than the velour puff they give you.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2003 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Canadiana

Wow. I'm very pleasantly surprised. I have combo skin, and this keeps my forehead in perfect shape all day. I put on Blot after moisturizing, and I'm set for the whole day. Great, great product. : )

EDIT: January 29, 2004: I have finally accepted the fact that this breaks my skin out. In fact, all MAC powders seem to be doing this. I have since switched to Shiseido with no problems. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2003 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Loke22

I love love love this. I am an NC30/35 and this is the perfect color for my skin. It definitely does the job of absorbing oil- blotting! I apply mid-day once oilies show and am set until evening time. Great product. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2003 1:28:00 AM More reviews by bunnielly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't imagine leaving my house without this powder. It leaves very little color on my face and helps control the shine. Unlike other powders I've tried that get cakey and leave an ugly film on my face, blot powder does not do that so it's an absolute must for the make-up bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Pinki

Yeah! As another middie I had given up on the Blot powder forever, but just came across this and I am a happy MACer again! This and my clinique Almost Makeup makes the perfect no makeup look. Yeah Yeah Yeah...I am a NC45 by the way and it didnt show up At All.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2003 9:09:00 PM More reviews by lovelyrainyday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

im not to fond of foundations or powders all together. full coverage is to much coverage for my taste. mac blot powder is perfect for oily or combination skin, if your intention is to keep your skin matte and oils away. best of all it provides little coverage (hardly any color), sheer, and allows your skin to show through. i have sensitive skin and havenít broken out ever since i started to use this product a few months ago. also, great for those who have oily t-zones. also, for those who are super oily skin, maybe a touch up or two of might be needed later on the day of macs blot powder. no worries, as it wont look chalky on. iI no longer use blotting papers. reasonably priced and will last for quite some time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2003 10:25:00 PM More reviews by brianx

This color really IS perfect. It's an absolute dead-on match for me. When I apply it, it doesn't even look like I'm putting anything on. And it leaves me with a beautiful matte skin that lasts for hours and hours and hours. I don't always have to be reapplying, however I do always keep it with me for if I ever do. This is a definite staple and I will never be without this! Now I don't have to pay a million dollars for Lancome!