MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

I love this powder. I use it over my MAC Select SPF 15 foundation (with Clarins Hydra-Matte Day Lotion as a prep). The powder does exactly what it says. I get very, very oily on my nose and I've found that this powder takes care of the problem. While I do have to reapply about 3 times during the day, I don't look like I'm wearing 10 coats of powder (You know the look). Overall, I'd definetly buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best pressed powder that I have found for my oily/combination skin. I hate wearing foundation and concealer + Blot Powder provides the perfect amount of coverage for my face. Looks polished without being noticable and really does a good job of controlling shine. I use it daily.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Does what it's supposed to, but isn't any more special in my opinion than a regular powder. The only difference is that it's supposed to be translucent. However, because it is relatively inexpensive for a MAC product, it makes for a good touchup product (so as not to waste a more expensive one).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went out to LOTR with my bf. After the movie, my nose was shinning like a lightbulb. I had to reapply every hour to stop the shine. Plus side is no matter how much I put on, I do not look chalkish. This powder might work for people with ok oily skin, but with my super oily complexion...this just wouldn't work. And lately I've noticed that the powder smells like medecine. Not a big deal,but a more pleasant smell'd be nice.
UpDate: The powder cracked before I could finish it. Don't know if it's b/c I was too rough on it (dropped on ground too mnay times).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

MAC Blot in Medium/Dark was a perfect compliment to my StudioFix in NC45. I'm not fond of the sponge and usually apply with a powder brush. Between this product and my Jane Oil-Free Finishing Powder in Colorless (which I use when I can't get to a MAC counter), I am no longer the "shining" personality among my group of friends.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is not a horrible powder, but it's so ordinary. I have very oily skin, and this powder is not even as good as Cover girl's or revlon's. I use it as a touch up powder, but parts of the powder always shatters when I take it out of my purse. It offers matte coverage, but just for an hour. I've used a brush and various puffs as an application tool. I'm very disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Thank goodness that MAC came out with their famous Blot Powder in Medium/Dark! I was using the Medium shade before this shade came out and although it's fairly transculent, my face has a slightly "off" lighter cast to it. Blot in Medium/Dark is perfect for my MMM Stila D/E yellow undertoens skin. It is a sheer medium pressed powder that really stops oilies in their tracks! I like to set my makeup with Blot powder in the mornings and find that I only need to re-touch once in a while throughout the day with this and when I do retouch, my face never looks cakey like it does with most pressed powders. It is very reasonably priced at around $16, too and comes in a sturdy black mirrored compact. This is one of my HG powders. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I feel bad for ruining the perfect scores so far :( but I don't like this powder. The color match was fine, I'm a light/medium asian and have EXTREMELY oily skin. It didn't work for me, I get oily in 3 hours after I apply this and if I apply more my skin starts to look cakey. I used it on my darker sister with less oily skin and it worked for her and matched her color more too. I agree with using your own powder brush also.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

the medium/dark was great for me. im an nc-42 and it actually looked like it was too light in the package. but it's great for my oily t-zone. i agree that the puff they gave doesn't work so hot, i like it better with a powder brush. the puff sorta makes the surface all gunky. still love it though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm an NC20 and I use "dark" as an eye shadow! Too dark for my face, but perfect taupe color for my eyes. Odd, but it works.

Recommended for Normal Skin