December 20, 2014 | 1128 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2003 12:50:00 PM More reviews by m1chelle

MAC Blot in Medium/Dark was a perfect compliment to my StudioFix in NC45. I'm not fond of the sponge and usually apply with a powder brush. Between this product and my Jane Oil-Free Finishing Powder in Colorless (which I use when I can't get to a MAC counter), I am no longer the "shining" personality among my group of friends.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2003 5:27:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is not a horrible powder, but it's so ordinary. I have very oily skin, and this powder is not even as good as Cover girl's or revlon's. I use it as a touch up powder, but parts of the powder always shatters when I take it out of my purse. It offers matte coverage, but just for an hour. I've used a brush and various puffs as an application tool. I'm very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2003 11:07:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

Thank goodness that MAC came out with their famous Blot Powder in Medium/Dark! I was using the Medium shade before this shade came out and although it's fairly transculent, my face has a slightly "off" lighter cast to it. Blot in Medium/Dark is perfect for my MMM Stila D/E yellow undertoens skin. It is a sheer medium pressed powder that really stops oilies in their tracks! I like to set my makeup with Blot powder in the mornings and find that I only need to re-touch once in a while throughout the day with this and when I do retouch, my face never looks cakey like it does with most pressed powders. It is very reasonably priced at around $16, too and comes in a sturdy black mirrored compact. This is one of my HG powders. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 6:52:00 PM More reviews by smee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I feel bad for ruining the perfect scores so far :( but I don't like this powder. The color match was fine, I'm a light/medium asian and have EXTREMELY oily skin. It didn't work for me, I get oily in 3 hours after I apply this and if I apply more my skin starts to look cakey. I used it on my darker sister with less oily skin and it worked for her and matched her color more too. I agree with using your own powder brush also.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2003 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lilone829

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the medium/dark was great for me. im an nc-42 and it actually looked like it was too light in the package. but it's great for my oily t-zone. i agree that the puff they gave doesn't work so hot, i like it better with a powder brush. the puff sorta makes the surface all gunky. still love it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2003 10:50:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm an NC20 and I use "dark" as an eye shadow! Too dark for my face, but perfect taupe color for my eyes. Odd, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2003 9:34:00 PM More reviews by egyptianprincess

I hate shine in my t-zone, and I have yet to find a product to make that stay away for the whole day. However, in Blot Powder, I've found something that can take care of shine in the meantime. There's no colour, and it doesn't cake at all, it just absorbs oil, so there's no problem reapplying as often as you need it. Great to have in your purse for whenever you feel a little shiney.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by mallrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MAC blot powder in medium. I have VERY oily skin and I wear it alone and to set my foundation. The salesperson tried to sell me their new dark medium because it matches my skin tone better but it was a huge mistake. By the end of the day, the oiliness of my skin made the dark medium even darker so it just looked weird. I also found that applying it with a powder brush works better than the velour puff they give you.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2003 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Canadiana

Wow. I'm very pleasantly surprised. I have combo skin, and this keeps my forehead in perfect shape all day. I put on Blot after moisturizing, and I'm set for the whole day. Great, great product. : )

EDIT: January 29, 2004: I have finally accepted the fact that this breaks my skin out. In fact, all MAC powders seem to be doing this. I have since switched to Shiseido with no problems. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2003 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Loke22

I love love love this. I am an NC30/35 and this is the perfect color for my skin. It definitely does the job of absorbing oil- blotting! I apply mid-day once oilies show and am set until evening time. Great product. Will definitely buy again.