Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 11/12/2004 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am giving this a 3 because it was just so/so on me. It definitely goes on very matte, but also emphasized the lines under my eyes which normally aren't noticable. It does provide great coverage(I only used it dry not wet). I found that using a brush instead of the sponge made it blend easier and not look so cakey. If you are looking for a very matte powder foundation this could work very well for you.

on 11/6/2004 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So I love this. i have it in ivory myrrh. I wear it over CG aquasmooth in natural ivory. Alone or wet this foundation is too dark for my fair freckled skin (try to stay away from tanning) In the middle of the summer though I wear it alone as a light powder. GREAT coverage. I really love this foundation.

on 10/24/2004 6:27:00 PM

*sigh* I really wanted this to work for me. I just purchased it a few days ago and my overall impressions are not good. The color for me is waay to dark. I'm a MMM-GGG and got the Cappaccino color. I dunno, I guess the lighting was wierd at Sally's or something, or maybe I should have went with my gut and went with the Neroli Bronze color. The coverage is not very good either. Used wet, it left a film on the foundation. It doesn't cover anything, but just leaves a steaky film of color, even when conservatively used dry as a powder. I really thought this would work for me. I will probably save this until summer comes around and try it again. Maybe I just bought and old box? I wanted to buy another box in a different color, but realized there's no point because of the lacking coverage and the additional 11 bucks. Such a disappointment.

on 10/24/2004 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recently repurchased this in a lighter color for the winter. I really like to apply this as a powder & haven't used it wet. Love to wear it alone & under my MK foundation for extra coverage. I have acne-prone super oily skin, so after applying in the morning, I must blot w/ my blotting sheets. Initially, this feels very light-weight, but thruough the course of day, I noticed a heavier feeling to my makeup. For that reason 4 lippies, but a definite repurchase & I will try wet & update. UPDATE: Stopped using this product. It got darker on my face & the heavy feeling on my skin was more than I could bear. I switched to LM foundation & love it!

on 10/15/2004 2:27:00 PM

This is an incredible powder foundation. I first found mine at Sally's but then when I needed more they were out so I ordered it online directly from Palladio. I believe they have a $25 minimum order policy so I ordered 3 of them. I use Cypress Beige. For reference, I'm a MAC NC20 and BB Warm Sand. Palladio goes on very smoothly and it lasts on my combo skin for at least 7 hours, and then I need to touch up around my nose and chin. Also, it's transfer-resistant and it will not rub off on your clothes like MAC StudioFix. I highly recommend!

on 10/12/2004 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have pinkish undertones and this looked ok at application (8am) but by 11am I looked extremely orange!! Basically once the oil in your skin mixes with product it turns orange. Estee Lauder Double Matte is the same coverage and keeps its color...much better product than this.

on 10/7/2004 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i was at a beauty supply store the other day, and they were having a sale on palladio products so i thought i'd give their powders a try (i remember hearing raves about the stuff). however, i'm pretty disappointed after wearing it today. the sa helped me pick out the "cypress beige" shade b/ it was the 2nd lightest yellow-toned color (i'm a light/medium asian). however, right after i put it on, i could tell it was a bit too dark for me. i didn't have time to wash it off so i wore it for the next couple of hours. by the time i got home again, it was just icky - the powder looked darker and orange-ish, felt very heavy on my face, and seemed to accentuate pores. in addition, i was more oily-looking than normal (probably at least partly b/ of the oil ingredients in the powder). the only good point about it is the soft smooth texture. i am definitely going back to my old powder (cg simply powder) which at least matches colorwise and helps control shine. i will definitely not be repurchasing this palladio compact! (on a side note, i also bought and tried their loose rice powder - wonderful stuff! much much better than this pressed powder.)

on 9/29/2004 4:47:00 PM

Wow I love this foundation, I got it in the lightest shade Laurel Nude, and it looks fab, really natural and my skin but better! I stumbled on it by chance and I'm glad I did, I've tried a fair few foundations now and think this may be the best.
Edited to say that although I love this foundation, unfortunatley there are not enough shades and I couldn't find a perfect match, if I could I would definately stick with it!

on 9/15/2004 12:42:00 PM

Ever since Olay discontinued their line of cosmetics, I've been on a quest to find a suitable replacement for their Complete Radiance powder foundation. Palladio Rice Powder foundation is the closest I've come yet and believe me, I've been looking for a long time.

Used dry, the coverage is great. It's sheer to medium and looks very natural. Unlike most powder foundations, this one doesn't leave me looking like a powdered donut. It doesn't leave a powdery, ashy look at all on my skin. It just covers minor flaws and evens out my skin tone while leaving my face looking shine-free. Gotta love that! The coverage is virtually identical to OoO Complete Radiance. The only major difference I see is the Palladio foundation doesn't have any sunscreen in it, unlike Olay's which had an SPF of 15.

My biggest gripe is the packaging. The tin filled with product is so darned thin and it's ridged on the bottom. There isn't nearly enough product in this. Having a ridged tin also means that when you start hitting metal, the surface of the foundation becomes uneven and tends to crack and break very easily. This could be avoided by making the tin smaller, but deeper, and leaving out the stupid ridge. Alot of product gets wasted because of this. For that, I give it a 4 instead of a 5.

on 9/4/2004 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not HG status, but this is the best foundation I've used so far on my super oily, acne prone skin. I think it goes on smoothly with the sponge applicator, and gives a smooth, even look to my face and really minimizes the appearance of my pores. It doesn't control my oilies for much longer than other foundations, but after I blot with blotting papers, it looks great again. I haven't had the slightest problem with breakouts, maybe because it is made with rice powder. I can see how this might be troublesome for people with dry skin, as it is a powder foundation and may "cling" to flakes and dry patches. One complaint for this is that I have light skin and bought the lightest shade, which is fine for now since my summer skin has a bit of tan to it, but it might be too light come winter. I paid $10 for this at a Sally Beauty Supply. Unless I find something better, I will continue to buy this.