Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 12/26/2004 8:53:00 PM

I really prefer this product over MAC StudioFix & it's less than 1/2 the price. It gives a nice, long-lasting matte finish & the compact comes with a separate compartment for the sponge (always a plus). The lightest shade (Laurel Nude) works well for my PPP skin, but it does come in a very limited range of colors - http://www.palladiobeauty.com/wetdryfound.htm
ETA: I quit using this & removed one lippie since I think this was making me breakout. continued >>

on 12/3/2004 12:48:00 PM

Pros: I loved the compact packaging ...you get a small seperate compartment to store the sponge applicator.
I loved the fact that I could swipe it on (or use my kabuki to dust on) and be out the door.

Cons: Within about two hours there was serious break through shine (and I am not that oily to begin with) plus as the day went on ...it took on a bit of an orange tinge. Was also not as long lasting as others have reported. Wiped off on everything.

The shade I purchased for my medium skin was Natural Tan.

I won't be buying this again.

I did however, pick up the Natural Rice powder ...the one that comes in a small white box in block form and I really do like this product.

on 11/12/2004 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am giving this a 3 because it was just so/so on me. It definitely goes on very matte, but also emphasized the lines under my eyes which normally aren't noticable. It does provide great coverage(I only used it dry not wet). I found that using a brush instead of the sponge made it blend easier and not look so cakey. If you are looking for a very matte powder foundation this could work very well for you.

on 11/6/2004 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So I love this. i have it in ivory myrrh. I wear it over CG aquasmooth in natural ivory. Alone or wet this foundation is too dark for my fair freckled skin (try to stay away from tanning) In the middle of the summer though I wear it alone as a light powder. GREAT coverage. I really love this foundation.

on 10/24/2004 6:27:00 PM

*sigh* I really wanted this to work for me. I just purchased it a few days ago and my overall impressions are not good. The color for me is waay to dark. I'm a MMM-GGG and got the Cappaccino color. I dunno, I guess the lighting was wierd at Sally's or something, or maybe I should have went with my gut and went with the Neroli Bronze color. The coverage is not very good either. Used wet, it left a film on the foundation. It doesn't cover anything, but just leaves a steaky film of color, even when conservatively used dry as a powder. I really thought this would work for me. I will probably save this until summer comes around and try it again. Maybe I just bought and old box? I wanted to buy another box in a different color, but realized there's no point because of the lacking coverage and the additional 11 bucks. Such a disappointment.

on 10/24/2004 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recently repurchased this in a lighter color for the winter. I really like to apply this as a powder & haven't used it wet. Love to wear it alone & under my MK foundation for extra coverage. I have acne-prone super oily skin, so after applying in the morning, I must blot w/ my blotting sheets. Initially, this feels very light-weight, but thruough the course of day, I noticed a heavier feeling to my makeup. For that reason 4 lippies, but a definite repurchase & I will try wet & update. UPDATE: Stopped using this product. It got darker on my face & the heavy feeling on my skin was more than I could bear. I switched to LM foundation & love it!

on 10/15/2004 2:27:00 PM

This is an incredible powder foundation. I first found mine at Sally's but then when I needed more they were out so I ordered it online directly from Palladio. I believe they have a $25 minimum order policy so I ordered 3 of them. I use Cypress Beige. For reference, I'm a MAC NC20 and BB Warm Sand. Palladio goes on very smoothly and it lasts on my combo skin for at least 7 hours, and then I need to touch up around my nose and chin. Also, it's transfer-resistant and it will not rub off on your clothes like MAC StudioFix. I highly recommend!

on 10/12/2004 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have pinkish undertones and this looked ok at application (8am) but by 11am I looked extremely orange!! Basically once the oil in your skin mixes with product it turns orange. Estee Lauder Double Matte is the same coverage and keeps its color...much better product than this.

on 10/7/2004 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i was at a beauty supply store the other day, and they were having a sale on palladio products so i thought i'd give their powders a try (i remember hearing raves about the stuff). however, i'm pretty disappointed after wearing it today. the sa helped me pick out the "cypress beige" shade b/ it was the 2nd lightest yellow-toned color (i'm a light/medium asian). however, right after i put it on, i could tell it was a bit too dark for me. i didn't have time to wash it off so i wore it for the next couple of hours. by the time i got home again, it was just icky - the powder looked darker and orange-ish, felt very heavy on my face, and seemed to accentuate pores. in addition, i was more oily-looking than normal (probably at least partly b/ of the oil ingredients in the powder). the only good point about it is the soft smooth texture. i am definitely going back to my old powder (cg simply powder) which at least matches colorwise and helps control shine. i will definitely not be repurchasing this palladio compact! (on a side note, i also bought and tried their loose rice powder - wonderful stuff! much much better than this pressed powder.)

on 9/29/2004 4:47:00 PM

Wow I love this foundation, I got it in the lightest shade Laurel Nude, and it looks fab, really natural and my skin but better! I stumbled on it by chance and I'm glad I did, I've tried a fair few foundations now and think this may be the best.
Edited to say that although I love this foundation, unfortunatley there are not enough shades and I couldn't find a perfect match, if I could I would definately stick with it!