August 22, 2014 | 2004 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2004 2:27:00 PM More reviews by MarathonMom

This is an incredible powder foundation. I first found mine at Sally's but then when I needed more they were out so I ordered it online directly from Palladio. I believe they have a $25 minimum order policy so I ordered 3 of them. I use Cypress Beige. For reference, I'm a MAC NC20 and BB Warm Sand. Palladio goes on very smoothly and it lasts on my combo skin for at least 7 hours, and then I need to touch up around my nose and chin. Also, it's transfer-resistant and it will not rub off on your clothes like MAC StudioFix. I highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2004 1:52:00 PM More reviews by masonf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have pinkish undertones and this looked ok at application (8am) but by 11am I looked extremely orange!! Basically once the oil in your skin mixes with product it turns orange. Estee Lauder Double Matte is the same coverage and keeps its color...much better product than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2004 2:34:00 AM More reviews by piyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was at a beauty supply store the other day, and they were having a sale on palladio products so i thought i'd give their powders a try (i remember hearing raves about the stuff). however, i'm pretty disappointed after wearing it today. the sa helped me pick out the "cypress beige" shade b/ it was the 2nd lightest yellow-toned color (i'm a light/medium asian). however, right after i put it on, i could tell it was a bit too dark for me. i didn't have time to wash it off so i wore it for the next couple of hours. by the time i got home again, it was just icky - the powder looked darker and orange-ish, felt very heavy on my face, and seemed to accentuate pores. in addition, i was more oily-looking than normal (probably at least partly b/ of the oil ingredients in the powder). the only good point about it is the soft smooth texture. i am definitely going back to my old powder (cg simply powder) which at least matches colorwise and helps control shine. i will definitely not be repurchasing this palladio compact! (on a side note, i also bought and tried their loose rice powder - wonderful stuff! much much better than this pressed powder.)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2004 4:47:00 PM More reviews by bramfordone

Wow I love this foundation, I got it in the lightest shade Laurel Nude, and it looks fab, really natural and my skin but better! I stumbled on it by chance and I'm glad I did, I've tried a fair few foundations now and think this may be the best.
Edited to say that although I love this foundation, unfortunatley there are not enough shades and I couldn't find a perfect match, if I could I would definately stick with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by MaureenAnn

Ever since Olay discontinued their line of cosmetics, I've been on a quest to find a suitable replacement for their Complete Radiance powder foundation. Palladio Rice Powder foundation is the closest I've come yet and believe me, I've been looking for a long time.

Used dry, the coverage is great. It's sheer to medium and looks very natural. Unlike most powder foundations, this one doesn't leave me looking like a powdered donut. It doesn't leave a powdery, ashy look at all on my skin. It just covers minor flaws and evens out my skin tone while leaving my face looking shine-free. Gotta love that! The coverage is virtually identical to OoO Complete Radiance. The only major difference I see is the Palladio foundation doesn't have any sunscreen in it, unlike Olay's which had an SPF of 15.

My biggest gripe is the packaging. The tin filled with product is so darned thin and it's ridged on the bottom. There isn't nearly enough product in this. Having a ridged tin also means that when you start hitting metal, the surface of the foundation becomes uneven and tends to crack and break very easily. This could be avoided by making the tin smaller, but deeper, and leaving out the stupid ridge. Alot of product gets wasted because of this. For that, I give it a 4 instead of a 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2004 12:57:00 AM More reviews by hahnl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not HG status, but this is the best foundation I've used so far on my super oily, acne prone skin. I think it goes on smoothly with the sponge applicator, and gives a smooth, even look to my face and really minimizes the appearance of my pores. It doesn't control my oilies for much longer than other foundations, but after I blot with blotting papers, it looks great again. I haven't had the slightest problem with breakouts, maybe because it is made with rice powder. I can see how this might be troublesome for people with dry skin, as it is a powder foundation and may "cling" to flakes and dry patches. One complaint for this is that I have light skin and bought the lightest shade, which is fine for now since my summer skin has a bit of tan to it, but it might be too light come winter. I paid $10 for this at a Sally Beauty Supply. Unless I find something better, I will continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2004 2:38:00 PM More reviews by lasquigi

I felt moved to write my first review because of this product. I recently purchased Palladio Wet/Dry Foundation in Laurel Nude, based on the favorable reviews I found here. For years, I have struggled to find an affordable, versatile foundation suitable for my combination, acne-prone, fair and aging skin (I am 34). I doubted if this product would work for me since it is so hard to match my yellow-toned fair skin, and when I saw the product in its package I was skeptical of the color. I have not had good luck with powder foundations in the past. I have given it a week and have never been more pleased with any makeup I have purchased; it is the most flattering shade, texture, and coverage I have ever encountered- it matches my skin perfectly, renders my pores invisible, gives me a flawless, shine-free finish without being too cakey. I use it with the sponge included, very lightly dampened, without a moisturizer underneath this summer. In the winter I will likely use a light moisturizer beneath. I highly recommend this. I notice that I have not had one blemish since I began the use of this foundation and my blackheads, which have plagued me since high school, are virtually disappearing for the first time. YAY for a good, cheap product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Jill70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried this out of sheer frustration w/ a dozen or more liquid foundations without much hope of me liking it...have oily skin but didn't want a full matte look...FOUND IT. Have been using this now all summer (w/ MOM first to control shine), second lightest shade (probably will get lightest once I lose summer color). Feels like nothing on skin . I'm a pressed powder foundation convert!
UPDATE: Been using this consistently for nearly five years. I no longer use the MOM under it - attacking greasiness in other ways now. No need to go searching for another fast, easy powder base like this. Fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2004 9:42:00 PM More reviews by parrottheadmd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in WD404 (everlasting tan) and WD405 (Neroli Bronze).

I bought this powder foundation because my skin cannot take a liquid foundation during the summer (and barely during the winter) because it is so oily. I decided to try this because it states right on the front that it is oil free (many powder founds aren't) and because of the color choice. I have olive toned skin and many are too pink. There was a tester available and these two colors matched my skin so well. The lighter is great for when i'm not tan, and the darker is wonderful for now when I am tan.

I have only tried the dry application. I use the sponge for night or for areas where I need heavier coverage, and I use a large (kabuki) brush for day or on areas that need lighter coverage. The application was flawless and the sponge has a wonderful soft texture. However, one came with a different textured sponge which I did not like so I am not sure which is newer. This powder kept my skin pretty shine free (and that is a big improvement for my oil slick skin-nothing could make it totally shine free all day).

Ingredients:Talc, Mica, Rice starch, nylon 12, magnesium stearate, boron nitride, lauroyl lysine, octyl palmitate, squalane, zinc oxide, dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, octylmethoxycinnamate, yeast extract, lactic acid and citric acid and malic acid and green tea extract, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylpareben, ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, chromium oxide greens, ultramarines. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am generally not a huge fan of powder based foundations,as most leave my skin dry and flaky.This comes close to HG status,however;I use it dry and don't have to touch up much at all.It leaves me looking quite flawless and stays that way all day.My skin is definately combination,drier in winter but far more oily in summer months,and I find this to be perfect for now.I found laurel nude to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin.Coverage can be tweaked to be light to heavier by applying less or more and it doesn't cake as some are wont to do.This is a rice powder that I think most sensitive skins can tolerate fairly easily-mine doesn't react at all.This is also more of a yellow based shade and the lightest in the color family.I hope this review is helpful in some way:)